manitou

Waking up to ancient scrolls?

Has anyone had a similar experience where they wake up in the mornings (when you're in that half-awake twilight state) where ancient scrolls are being displayed in front of your eyes? This has happened 3or 4 times now. The scrolls are being unfurled and Ican see that they're written in English; however, I do not for some reason assimilate the words consciously - I can see that they're arranged in sentences, but I cannot put together what it says. Like for instance, I remember seeing the word 'care' but don'e remember the context of the sentence. There is a sense that the scrolls are being 'downloaded' into my soul, rather than assimilated by consciousness. I'd be delighted if anyone else can shed some light on this.

Has anyone had a similar experience where they wake up in the mornings (when you're in that half-awake twilight state) where ancient scrolls are being displayed in front of your eyes? This has happened 3or 4 times now. The scrolls are being unfurled and Ican see that they're written in English; however, I do not for some reason assimilate the words consciously - I can see that they're arranged in sentences, but I cannot put together what it says. Like for instance, I remember seeing the word 'care' but don'e remember the context of the sentence. There is a sense that the scrolls are being 'downloaded' into my soul, rather than assimilated by consciousness. I'd be delighted if anyone else can shed some light on this.

Ya, and it's really annoying when you cant remember!

I don't know that I've had scrolls, mostly books that were really good related to esoteric knowledge that I knew I'd never read before. But then just as I become left brain conscious it all slips away, I still retain the overall feeling of what I read, although a few seconds before I understood it completely.

I guess it pops out into the conscious when it's needed I suspect. That inner sight has to be tricked, the moment the conscious mind engages, that's it, it's gone. It has to be allowed to impact your mind rather than consciously thinking about it.....but, of course the moment you realize you shouldn't consciously think about it, it's too late, you just have. Game over.

edit: mixed 'me lefts and rights up.

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

You've hit it right on the head. (Love your little dance, by the way!) I too have a sense that the information is being chewed up and assimilated by the subconscious. And I do think the knowledge is there for the asking and pops up when needed. At least that's the sense I get. Very odd phenomena.

Happens to me too, in the half-dreaming state. I got rid of the "reading difficulties" by focusing all my lucid dreaming, which would otherwise be spent flying, on reading books. To me it's only a matter of "letting go" and allowing the information to seep through. The book is just a form, an illusion, it's really just subconscious knowledge trying to break through, so if you stop focusing on the form and just let it in you'll soon be able to read it. That is, if your mind works like mine. Another method would be to give the information another form, eg. a familiar person, and have a discussion with it.

As a side note, my mom would see pages written in hebrew every time she closed her eyes, a new page every time she blinked. It made it very hard to fall asleep, she said.

And me. I have read through pages and pages of ancient texts in dream and semi-dream states.

UTI - you apparently are an acquaintance of Carlos and don Juan's?

Yes, it is a lucid dream - is this a situation where I could could focus on something in particular? Better yet, I suppose, to try and withhold that moment of recognition of the form.

It's so nice to know you're here.

Manitou

You've hit it right on the head. (Love your little dance, by the way!) I too have a sense that the information is being chewed up and assimilated by the subconscious. And I do think the knowledge is there for the asking and pops up when needed. At least that's the sense I get. Very odd phenomena.

I think it's great that in that state I can learn instead of just chasing women :D....... there's no guarantee I can catch them in my dream either! At least with a book I get something :D

Happens to me too, in the half-dreaming state. I got rid of the "reading difficulties" by focusing all my lucid dreaming, which would otherwise be spent flying, on reading books. To me it's only a matter of "letting go" and allowing the information to seep through. The book is just a form, an illusion, it's really just subconscious knowledge trying to break through, so if you stop focusing on the form and just let it in you'll soon be able to read it. That is, if your mind works like mine. Another method would be to give the information another form, eg. a familiar person, and have a discussion with it.

As a side note, my mom would see pages written in hebrew every time she closed her eyes, a new page every time she blinked. It made it very hard to fall asleep, she said.

I don't think it is just subconscious information trying to break through, although I understand what your saying, dreams too, often have that element. The books have a distinct character all of their own and you can feel the writers mind coming through it. I do agree the subconscious has a great deal of information to offer though..... but I really don't think everything can or necessarily should be reduced to that.

I will say though that's pretty interesting that you can give the information another form, and I can see why you view it therefore as the subconscious. I certainly couldn't prove you wrong, and I guess at the end of the day it only matters that it's useful, no matter what the source.

And me. I have read through pages and pages of ancient texts in dream and semi-dream states.

The best part is it was for free right :D:D:D Can you remember what the information was about? Or, like me just the broad subject matter A7?

I don't know what you all think, but in my own view I take it as the other/inner part of me doing its own thing. I believe that inner me/you has a life all of its own, existing within dimensions/areas where many things exist, some earthly, some not. It seems to have a life all of its own.

Take this example I think almost all of us have had. You're in a 'dream'(which to be honest some of I think is the inner you doing the rounds and parts of the experience filtering back to your 'in body' consciousness)and you're talking to a good friend/s that you have known for years, with all the feelings and recognition that comes with that knowing........yet when you wake you think...'who the bloody hell was that!', the fact is you don't know them, but that part of you clearly does, after a very short while you will forget the face too, although you know for sure you have never met them or know them 'here'.

I know it could be said that maybe it's the subconscious and of course you feel recognition because of course the subconscious recognizes aspects of its self, and maybe is trying to show you that for some reason, sometimes I do think that's true, but not always in my view. Not everything is Jungian psychology, and it should be remembered Jung drew heavily from many ancient cultures and systems and tried/made a point of presenting it to the scientific community in a way acceptable to them. Personally, I think Jung kept a lot back, stuff he knew would be a big push for people in general and would call the rest of his work into question. Having said that he definitely pushed the boundaries, especially when he started dealing with synchronicity, that really seems to split the psychology community, one side simply saying it's a psychological effect of cognition, the human mind wishing to group things together, Jung thought otherwise, I'm inclined to agree with him.

The best part is it was for free right :D:D:D Can you remember what the information was about? Or, like me just the broad subject matter A7?

I don't know what you all think, but in my own view I take it as the other/inner part of me doing its own thing. I believe that inner me/you has a life all of its own, existing within dimensions/areas where many things exist, some earthly, some not. It seems to have a life all of its own.

Usually I can remember the title of the book and/or short passages and what they are about - sometimes they make sense but not always.

All the time we know things that we block out and sometimes we use dreams etc. to tell ourselves. I have gone through phases of having a lot of premonition dreams which come true - quite often the same day if its early morning half sleep stuff - sometimes its quite specific like meeting someone unexpectedly I haven't seen for a long time. Some of the book dreams are the inner/higher (whatever) communicating something.

UTI - you apparently are an acquaintance of Carlos and don Juan's?

Yes, it is a lucid dream - is this a situation where I could could focus on something in particular? Better yet, I suppose, to try and withhold that moment of recognition of the form.

It's so nice to know you're here.

Manitou

Never liked castenada, tried the psychotropic enlightenment for a while, but found it's just a front for sensory attachment, quite like eating full-grain cookies and watching Michael Moore movies.

In a lucid state it's all up to you how you want to percieve the message, you just gotta let go and communicate with it.

I don't think it is just subconscious information trying to break through, although I understand what your saying, dreams too, often have that element. The books have a distinct character all of their own and you can feel the writers mind coming through it. I do agree the subconscious has a great deal of information to offer though..... but I really don't think everything can or necessarily should be reduced to that.

I will say though that's pretty interesting that you can give the information another form, and I can see why you view it therefore as the subconscious. I certainly couldn't prove you wrong, and I guess at the end of the day it only matters that it's useful, no matter what the source.

I believe all information comes through the subconscious, just like water passes through the bottom of a well before reaching the surface. Doesn't matter where it comes from, but it needs an entrypoint, and the ego-states likely sort that shit away like last weeks's underwear.

You're right, though, it's pointless argumenting which is what.

On a tangent, recent dream-related research is implicating that the use of dreams is to attach emotion and emphasis to knowledge, since we seemingly don't gain any such attachment to what we learn while we are awake. Dreams then repeat what we've learned during the day in a symbolical manner, often exaggerating the incident, and create an emotional inclination for the set of knowledge aqcuired. Don't remember the name of the researcher/project, but it seemed like interesting stuff.