Non

Hua Shan Pai Do Ga Qigong

my kung fu school teaches it but for a very hefty price. I want to see if any of you know anything about it and can direct to another place I can learn it.

Edited by Non

my kung fu school teaches it but for a very hefty price. I want to see if any of you know anything about it and can direct to another place I can learn it.

What does the word pai mean? I know Hua Shan has to do with Mt Hua. "Huashan pai daoshi" refers to a Hua Shan lineage of quanzen daoists (from my interpretation) and not just any one from Mt. Hua.

reference: http://www.daoistfoundation.org/huashan.html

Edited by Non

What does the word pai mean?

Pai just means "school" or "style" so Hua Shan Pai means Hua Mountain style, referring to the style of Qigong practiced by Hua Shan Taoists... Not too shabby.... Let us know how you like it...

Edited by fiveelementtao

Pai just means "school" or "style" so Hua Shan Pai means Hua Mountain style, referring to the style of Qigong practiced by Hua Shan Taoists... Not too shabby.... Let us know how you like it...

haha, no I won't try it just yet.. not enough money. 50 dollars per move!

Actually, "Pai" would be more accurately translated as Sect.

mouse

mouse

Oh snap! one up'd.. I was going to correct.. but I diden't want to be a smartass. No offence mouse :lol:

mouse

What about the word "Lineage"? It seems to be used more frequently, and it has a softer touch :D

The Hua Shan technique is beautiful, reminds me a little of the things that can happen during spontaneous practice. It also reminded me of the old Taoist Restoratoin Society and Brock Silvers... I wonder what ever became of them...

Pai = System also Like BAK FU PAI White Tiger System or Bak Mei Pai White Eyebrow system. Pai represents a system of huge amount of information.

Hua Shan Pai is Hu Shan System of nei gung or kung fu system, Water Boxing is from Hua Shan Lui He Ba Fa.

Pai = System also Like BAK FU PAI White Tiger System or Bak Mei Pai White Eyebrow system. Pai represents a system of huge amount of information.

Hua Shan Pai is Hu Shan System of nei gung or kung fu system, Water Boxing is from Hua Shan Lui He Ba Fa.

You could translate it as system although it would be inaccurate. There are other more suitable words for system.

Same for lineage as well.

Pai = Sect.

Maybe YMWong can shed some light on this. Believe he is a academic with these things.

mouse

PAI (system and sect)

GAR (Family)

MUN (gate or door also sect)

GWOON (school or club)

JURNG (PALM)

These are all kung fu terms for schools under a lineage I dont know if Ive left any out but basically any of those also can relate to schools of knowldge.

PAI (system and sect)

GAR (Family)

MUN (gate or door also sect)

GWOON (school or club)

JURNG (PALM)

These are all kung fu terms for schools under a lineage I dont know if Ive left any out but basically any of those also can relate to schools of knowldge.

Hi Spirit Ape,

These terms are accurate except for Pai again. Pai does not mean system.

I am a native speaker if it helps provide more credibility.

Not trying to be sticky but translating pai as system is not accurate. Just trying to correct the misunderstanding.

mouse

Not dismissing your comment, if it means sect in chinese so be it a sect is still full of Knowledge and different systems anyhow!!! :D

All good...

yea I spoke with my Sifu and he told me his Hua Shan Pai Qigong consists of 108 movements.. and he charges for 65 dollars EACH movement.

That's a whole lot of money. He says it's very rare.. so rare that the only place you'll find it is by going to Mt Hua yourself, pass a couple mountains and maybe you'll see someone practicing it that meditates in a cave or something. lol

but he says it's very powerful, has hard and soft qigong. Sifu also says that he was the only disciple or student of the master to which he passed down the practices.

What are you after? If I want to hang a picture on the wall, I shouldn't buy an automobile. If I want to drive across country, I shouldn't buy hammer and nails. Automobile is expensive. Hammer and nails are cheap. It all depends on what you want. And then there is public transport and hitchhiking, and as for pictures, there are wall paintings, fresco, or wall paper as options. Some people just enjoy the beautiful shadows dancing on their wall, shadows cast by the trees outside. That's picture enough to some. Some people think that a black square on white background is a beautiful picture, and others don't even consider that to be a picture. Some people think that horses are good for transportation, and others think they are only good as pets, and not so good as transportation.

So everything depends on what you want. Think about it. If your master said that "you can learn this wisdom anywhere," would that make you want to spend money for it? But if he says, "you can only learn this wisdom from one place," how about then? When money enters the picture, master's integrity is invariably compromised. Master has to decide whether to make money or to be honest before thyself. Often you really must pick one or the other. By often I mean 99.99999% of the time. As soon as you start taking money, your interest in money invariably bends how you present your wisdom. It invariably makes you do and say things to make what you teach appear more valuable than it is, and to make it appear more rare and more unobtainable than it is, but at the same time, those very same things are lies before the spirit.

---

Let me ask you this too. If someone said to you, "I will teach you something very good, and you should pay me what you think it's worth." Would you be generous and sincere? Or would you be stingy and hold back? If you're stingy, that could be one reason why master is asking for high price from you. If you're generous, maybe the master will teach it for free. This could also be a possibility. Assuming you're a sincere and generous soul though, and the master still wants to charge by the move, you have a rotten master there, no doubt about it.

Edited by goldisheavy

What are you after? If I want to hang a picture on the wall, I shouldn't buy an automobile. If I want to drive across country, I shouldn't buy hammer and nails. Automobile is expensive. Hammer and nails are cheap. It all depends on what you want. And then there is public transport and hitchhiking, and as for pictures, there are wall paintings, fresco, or wall paper as options. Some people just enjoy the beautiful shadows dancing on their wall, shadows cast by the trees outside. That's picture enough to some. Some people think that a black square on white background is a beautiful picture, and others don't even consider that to be a picture. Some people think that horses are good for transportation, and others think they are only good as pets, and not so good as transportation.

So everything depends on what you want. Think about it. If your master said that "you can learn this wisdom anywhere," would that make you want to spend money for it? But if he says, "you can only learn this wisdom from one place," how about then? When money enters the picture, master's integrity is invariably compromised. Master has to decide whether to make money or to be honest before thyself. Often you really must pick one or the other. By often I mean 99.99999% of the time. As soon as you start taking money, your interest in money invariably bends how you present your wisdom. It invariably makes you do and say things to make what you teach appear more valuable than it is, and to make it appear more rare and more unobtainable than it is, but at the same time, those very same things are lies before the spirit.

---

Let me ask you this too. If someone said to you, "I will teach you something very good, and you should pay me what you think it's worth." Would you be generous and sincere? Or would you be stingy and hold back? If you're stingy, that could be one reason why master is asking for high price from you. If you're generous, maybe the master will teach it for free. This could also be a possibility. Assuming you're a sincere and generous soul though, and the master still wants to charge by the move, you have a rotten master there, no doubt about it.

Actually what I was looking for was if anyone has heard about this qigong and could tell me a bit about it, and perhaps guide me to a place where I could learn about it. Perhaps I can only learn of it by going to Mt. Hua.

Btw, I dont know what to make of the master, just because he charges money for it doesn't mean he isn't a good guy. We live in a society where we have to make money, and nothing comes for free in such a society. Perhaps one day if we became closer he could give me some tips, but not now :P. Anyways, I dont care. I was just interested in seeing if anyone else here has heard of it.

regards

Pai means family or sect in Chinese

So everything depends on what you want. Think about it.

And that goes to the crux of the matter. What method you use is not the issue. What you look to achieve or attain is. What do you want from your practice? There are many excellent methods of qigong and meditation, and you don't have to pay a fortune to learn them. Some are given away freely. Effort in practicing what you do choose to do is what matters.

Of course, the desire to do something rare and arcane, the 'elite' factor, is appealing to many. This is one of the reasons some 'teachers' get to make a lot of money. Ego. It's all a lesson.

On the flip side, some 'students' think only of themselves. All take and no give. For these, some masters will charge a bundle of cash. In my experience though, trusted students, those who are prepared to carry on the line and teach others, often get taught information for little or no charge.

Si hing told me that this qigong healed him of persistent shoulder pain. The exercise that healed him he described has a technique of pushing air you breathe in and hold into different points of the body. At the end you have no air to breathe out, so where does it go? It supposedly turns into real chi.

Is there any technique that is similar to that, perhaps even not chinese in origin?

Been speaking with Si Hing lately. This school I go to is great. Authentic lineage going back to the Shaolin Temple before the communist uprising in China. The Si Gung (Grandmaster) who teaches the Hua Shan Pai Do Ga Qigong at the school, was pretty much one of the only 2 teachers in the whole United States to teach it. He died unfortunately last year so we had to find the other guy who teaches it.

This isn't only soft style qigong. This is hard intense qigong. It's 108 exercises altogether but takes many years to complete. There are 3 levels. The first level works with the jing, to transmute it in the second level which works the qi level, to transmute it into shen, the third level, which works with the shen.

Edited by Non

Guest paul walter

yea I spoke with my Sifu and he told me his Hua Shan Pai Qigong consists of 108 movements.. and he charges for 65 dollars EACH movement.

That's a whole lot of money. He says it's very rare..

No wonder it's rare--kind of like Russian caviar :lol: .

Edited by paul walter

yea well I've heard a lot of cool stories and experiences from students who've tried it. It seems they can do superhuman things with it.