soaring crane

"Taoist Qi Gong 12 Posture"

This form really resonates with me:

NH8I9SPfX5Q

One teacher of mine used to do the first posture with us, the 36 rotations, but it was a little different. We started with small circles and "let them grow" incrementally till the 36th which was quite low, almost with the nose scraping the floor. It was essentially a spiral. And then we'd reverse it, start with the largest circle, in the opposite direction, till making just the tiniest circling motion around Baihui.

Spirals.

Sounds nice, I guess, but it was more back strain than anything because the teacher wasn't that good, the mood was more like a competetion.

But the wonderful potential of the meditation was always very apparent and I always thought there must be more to it than what we'd done. So it was quite a joy to stumble across this youtube clip and I just wanted to share it here.

This is what I want to do.

And I'd like to ask if any of you have experience with it and could maybe direct me to some literature or videos that may be informative.

Thank you

Edited by soaring crane

This form really resonates with me:

NH8I9SPfX5Q

One teacher of mine used to do the first posture with us, the 36 rotations, but it was a little different. We started with small circles and "let them grow" incrementally till the 36th which was quite low, almost with the nose scraping the floor. It was essentially a spiral. And then we'd reverse it, start with the largest circle, in the opposite direction, till making just the tiniest circling motion around Baihui.

Spirals.

Sounds nice, I guess, but it was more back strain than anything because the teacher wasn't that good, the mood was more like a competetion.

But the wonderful potential of the meditation was always very apparent and I always thought there must be more to it than what we'd done. So it was quite a joy to stumble across this youtube clip and I just wanted to share it here.

This is what I want to do.

And I'd like to ask if any of you have experience with it and could maybe direct me to some literature or videos that may be informative.

Thank you

Heh reminds me .. he kinda looks like some guy that teaches Hua Shan Qigong which is a sort of esoteric qigong as well.

My kung fu school teaches Hua Shan Pai Qigong. Im unsure if this is the same but I think it consists of the same amount of moves which might suggest that it is the same. It's supposedly so secret and esoteric that they charge 50 dollars for each of the movements, which to me is way too much.

Edited by Non

very beautiful, soaring crane. I can see why it resonates with you, it looks very powerful and i can feel the chi from the video. I would like to explore it. Can you link us to more information? Thank you for posting this!

It is a beautiful form. There are some clear parallels with kundalini yoga as taught by Gurmukh, especially the trunk rotation. It's not surprising that it facilitates the opening of the MCO (or the Small Circulation, as it is referred to here). Thanks for posting.

Here's the guy's youtube channel (Nianzu Li) -

http://www.youtube.com/user/NIANZULI#p/u

yes.... I subscribed ot his channel right away and downloaded every video. I haven't had a chance to sort through them and copy them to mpg to watch on TV yet, but I plan to do it this weekend. He's too big for a laptop. Very good, I would like to meet him some day...