Edward M

Anyone apart from Drew had experience with spring forest qi gong?

Been contemplating getting the level one package, but as i'm in uk it will cost quite a bit to buy.

Does anyone have experinece with it and if so what progress have you made with it, what qualities has it given you?

no offence to you Drew, it's just i know your opinion of the system :)

also, i need some advice about being able to do hard work! i keep trying internal martial arts and not being able to sustain hard effort for more than a few months.....i can meditate everyday no problem. what would you suggest as something i could do to bridge the gap so to speak?? spring forest?

thanks for any, if any responses!!!!!!!!!!

peace

Ed

Been contemplating getting the level one package, but as i'm in uk it will cost quite a bit to buy.

Does anyone have experinece with it and if so what progress have you made with it, what qualities has it given you?

also, i need some advice about being able to do hard work! i keep trying internal martial arts and not being able to sustain hard effort for more than a few months.....i can meditate everyday no problem. what would you suggest as something i could do to bridge the gap so to speak?? spring forest?

peace

Ed

I like spring forest's movement qigong although I only tried it for about 2-3 months. I was super fucked up on tryptamines pretty frequently at the time, as well as smoking bud daily, so I can't quite comment on the effect of it. But I do think it helped a little bit with the paranoia I was experiencing almost everyday.

As for not being able to sustain hard effort, I would really suggest visiting a class with hard conditioning. Trust me, after your body starts living with it soon it won't be able to live without it. You'll get a really solid base for the rest of your life. But if you must do it on your own, then find some form of conventional exercise that you enjoy, it could be anything from jogging to gymanistics training. Anything that gets you moving and keeps you moving.

I'd recommend reading "Spark: The Revolutionary New Science Of Exercise and The Brain; by John Ratey". His work has shown that exercise makes the brain grow, supports neuro-connections, balances neurotransmitter levels, etc... Through a massive amount of studies and examples, he shows you that only an organism that moves needs a brain (w/ a cool under-water example of a creature that digest it's own brain once it roots itself on a coral reef where it will live for the rest of it's life), and moving is the way to enhance the mind's function and vitality. It's actually rather inspiring and might encourage you to keep up the hard work until you are just coasting on it everyday.

Ed here's the video healing testimonies of other spring forest qigong practitioners

http://www.springforestqigong.com/testimonials.htm

20 testimonies -- several cancers healed, including late-term. M.S. healed. Parkinsons healed. A rare lung disease healed. Etc.

peace

Ed

Edited by drewhempel

I just got my Level 1 SFQ Fundamentals package in the mail. I'll post my experiences as they unfold with all the attention I can muster.

I've got a soup of inversion table therapy, 5 Tibetan Rites, nei kung, daily doses of Indium and negative ion generators going full blast, so I may not be able to factor everything out, but I'll let you know what dramatic changes unfold.

Ed -- I just found this facebook page where Chunyi Lin asks people to share their healing experiences and then shares some of his own:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6257...amp;topic=11863

peace

Ed

Guest sykkelpump

I have tried many qi gong types,and spring forest and falun gong is the best by far.I actually would say falun gong is better.but I belive that meditation is the most importent.you need to combine meditation and qi gong

as for meditation I like anapanasati,mantra and white skeleton meditation.sprinf forest you can download for free on different torrent sites and falun gong is on youtube

I think that spring forest qigong is one of the best methods to learn from a book. Level 1 is quite complete, for healing yourself and have a good basis - and you can even start to heal other people :)

Spring forest is quite focused on healing, but you can use the method for alchemical purpose too.

You really can't go wrong purchasing SFQ. It's an excellent system and easy enough to learn. Chunyi Lin is a true Qigong Master.

At first glance SFQ may seem over simplified, but if you commit to the practice you'll see the results.

Old man, thanks for you advice, it is very interesting about movement and the brain! also makes alot of sense.

Drew, thankyou for the links, i will check em out now...

Blasto. good luck, look forward to hearing..

Sykell, bindo, thanks for your 2cents,, it is deff swaying me in that direction :)

Buscon, interesting...what would you say, or anyone else, is the difference between qigong for health, and qigong for alchemy? they are obviousley closely linked and i'd say you can't have alchemy without health first.

Thanks

Ed