Sign in to follow this  
wishface

Hello

Hello, currently and for a long time my life has been stuck. I've been drawn to eastern stuff for a while. In fact, more than once, as a kid people mistook me for being chinese (which i'm not and don't appear thus). This of course may mean nothing. I come here really to find answers; I need to change my life and so my purpose in posting is to try and find a teacher in the taoist arts where I live (north somerset, uk0. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of money.

I've been interested in the taoism taught by the Barefoot Doctor for a while, even though his message is somewhat populist (which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all). Despite his recent notoriety (the truth of which is not going to be really known except to those concerned, though it seems he made a bit ot a twit of himself - still people are entitled to make a few mistakes), he strikes me as sincere and genuinely wanting to help.

I don't know whether he's a genuine teacher (and his stuff is informed by more than Taoism though that forms the main thrust) or whether he's peddling so light a version of Taoism as to be pointless, but he has a School for Warriors program which I'm interested in signing up to (Can just about afford it in lieu of any other form of tuition. I don't know if anyone here has tried it already and has any experience.

Anyway that's me; student without a teacher. Thanks for listening.

Hi Wishface,

Welcome!

May you enjoy your time here.

And may you find the answers you are searching for.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this