Sign in to follow this  
WhiteTiger

Why and how is Te found within Taoism?

The birth of desire sparks within the body where by a person places his own energy, will, and want for another to take him or her out of the pain and suffering.

Within Buddhism one can easily find a way to stop suffering.

Within Confucian Philosophy one can easily find a way to deal ethically with anothers.

Within Taoism one can easily find a way of life in which to grow, develop or cultivate.

My question, which I'm sure has an easy answer to, Why and How is Te found within Taoism?

Note: I am however not exclaiming that Te doesn't fit into Taoism for I have my own experiencing confirming how Te fits into Taoist principles when following what I could call but kind of not call, a Taoist way of life. Although I am interested to hear what others have to say on the matter and hoping for a discussion about why and how is Te found within Taoism.

Peace, Sincerely

wt

The birth of desire sparks within the body where by a person places his own energy, will, and want for another to take him or her out of the pain and suffering.

Within Buddhism one can easily find a way to stop suffering.

Within Confucian Philosophy one can easily find a way to deal ethically with anothers.

Within Taoism one can easily find a way of life in which to grow, develop or cultivate.

My question, which I'm sure has an easy answer to, Why and How is Te found within Taoism?

Note: I am however not exclaiming that Te doesn't fit into Taoism for I have my own experiencing confirming how Te fits into Taoist principles when following what I could call but kind of not call, a Taoist way of life. Although I am interested to hear what others have to say on the matter and hoping for a discussion about why and how is Te found within Taoism.

Peace, Sincerely

wt

Te is our true nature. It is the Dao within. It is our personal Dao at one with the Universal Dao.

Te is our true nature. It is the Dao within. It is our personal Dao at one with the Universal Dao.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But what you seem to be describing is another person having virtue towards you.

Is that what your saying?

Peace and Sincerely

wt

Edited by WhiteTiger

Hi White Tiger,

It is my personal, and very biased, opinion that the Tao Te Ching and Chuang Tzu speak primarily to the concept of Te (Virtue).

Yes, there are many words referring to Tao but when you study all the words you find that they really say nothing. This is because Tao is indescribable.

Therefore we talk about Te. Virtue - that quality that allows us to live our life to its fullest. Not only do we recieve guidance as to which traits we should hold to, we are given guidance as to how to develop these traits so that we can interact with all else of the universe.

And this Virtue is not only regarding our own qualities but how these qualities allow us to interact with other humans and about avoiding undesirable traits that will prevent us from achieving inner peace and especially causing ourself to constantly come into conflict with others.

Peace & Love!

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But what you seem to be describing is another person having virtue towards you.

Is that what your saying?

Peace and Sincerely

wt

If Dao is the trunk then De is the branch. De is the Dao in action.

Only when we are living as an integral being, when all our disparate parts of self are united as a harmonious whole, are we fulfilling our de, our true nature. Only when we are fulfilling our de are we truly embodying and expressing the universal Dao.

:)

Tao is the original root source of all life and gives birth to all things.....

Tao is also contained within all things....

The Tao that is contained within all is termed 'Te'....

Te serves the function of a root source or much like the source of a spring...

To regain Union with Tao, we must first cultivate 'Te'.....

Tao is the original root source of all life and gives birth to all things.....

Tao is also contained within all things....

The Tao that is contained within all is termed 'Te'....

Te serves the function of a root source or much like the source of a spring...

To regain Union with Tao, we must first cultivate 'Te'.....

Tao Te Ching

Sign in to follow this