Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Book for christmas. Reccomendations?

My brother is getting me a book for christmas(I know dull me).. Meditation/Energy based

If you would, maybe some reccomendations? And no offence.. but no mantak ones.

*sorry for the double post*.

Honestly though, I must say the book looks really interesting.. Considering the lowest price is like 1 or $280

Qigong empowerment. Hands down the best of its kind.

Definitely a great book, very complete and quite cheap.

I agree, this book is excellent. I found it rather like a cookbook. Heavy on practices, light on theory. A very good cook book nonetheless. Sections on Medical, Daoist, Buddhist and Martial qigong.

The Root of Chinese Qigong by Yang Jwing-Ming is a good book for fundamental theories in qigong.

For familiarization with Chinese medicine, The Web that has No Weaver is a great introduction.

Holographic Universe is about the holographic theory which basically states that every part of the universe is a unique reflection of the whole. Same patterns manifesting at different levels. Very Daoist.

And if you're looking to clean up your diet, Healing with Whole Foods is a pretty excellent book on dietary therapy that integrates concepts from western nutrition, TCM, and Ayurveda.

Any specific interests?

The books I have already

Qi gong empowerment

Root of chinese qi gong

Magus

lol.

Thanks for the listing.

lol Thats cool.

Btw Daoist Alchemy: Nei Gong & Wai Gong Training looks interesting. But I dont have that much cash.. not for a book lol.

Get the person I am that - by nisargadatta

But it's better to download it from that website rather than buying the book.

The book is too chaotic and that website has reorganized everything much better.

In the book everything gets repeated even more often than in that summary,

thus be sure: you're not missing on information with that summary i linked you to :mellow:

Edited by zazaza

The Book of Nei Kung by C.K. Chu is excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Nei-Kung-C-Chu/dp/0961658606

I was taught nei kung by the man who co-wrote this book. Once you get Embrace Horse down, the following nine movements/postures detailed in this book will last you the rest of your life, because there is no limit to how far you can refine them. Bioelectricity never felt so good.

It isn't energy work and such like you requested...but Talent is Overrated by Geoff Calvin is an invaluable book for providing a better framework for your practice, whatever that is for you.

A person can have many books and practices but it is about how you practice, not necessarily what or how much you practice.

Nearly forgot. Glenn Morris's 'Path Notes of an American Ninja Master'. Skip the ninja part if you aren't interested. His observations on qi training and meditation are worth knowing.

I've been meaning to check out C.K. Chu's book for sometime. Looks like he knows his stuff-and teaches it. Both are rare. Good taijiquan is beautiful beyond words.

A person can have many books and practices but it is about how you practice, not necessarily what or how much you practice.

Very true. Quality practice.

It isn't energy work and such like you requested...but Talent is Overrated by Geoff Calvin is an invaluable book for providing a better framework for your practice...

Not good selling stuff that puts humans in competitive mode, trying to be like a superstar. That only pollutes the mind even more. Go and ask the mountains, big rocks and old wise trees for advice, which is free. It will last forever.

Not good selling stuff that puts humans in competitive mode, trying to be like a superstar. That only pollutes the mind even more. Go and ask the mountains, big rocks and old wise trees for advice, which is free. It will last forever.

So you would rather a person squander a lifetime(hyperbole) doing practices inefficiently instead of finding tools to become the best they could be in a focused self-actualizing manner. Because that is what I am recommending and that is what that book tries to get across. I read that book and it improved everything, and I mean everything, ten fold in my practices, work-life and life in general!

But I do agree with your sentiment regarding competition.

Tao Semko also has recommended this book to me, although I have yet to purchase it. Your hands can heal you by master cho is also good at understanding the basics of pranic healing.

Sign in to follow this