Sign in to follow this  
zazaza

Is my body forgetting to breathe

I'm still having breath issues i think.

My body used to hyperventillate the past few weeks, and i could somewhat control this

by forcefully breathing shallow through the chest (thus preventing too much oxygen - this is called the buteyko method)

The past 2 days, if i try to control my breath it feels forced,

if i let go of control - the breath becomes very slow, deep and subtle...

Through the belly by the way!

It's so slow i think it is forgetting to breathe.:o

Are there any warning signs by which i would be able to see if my breath has really become too slow?

appart from the obvious sudden death :rolleyes:

Edited by zazaza

Your body will get oxygen no matter what (unless of course someone is strangling you or you're drowning :D ). The question I have for you is how are you breathing? Before one gets into the timing of the breath, one should learn belly breathing imo. Learn to relax the diaphram and breath deeply into the belly first.

Your body will get oxygen no matter what (unless of course someone is strangling you or you're drowning :D ). The question I have for you is how are you breathing? Before one gets into the timing of the breath, one should learn belly breathing imo. Learn to relax the diaphram and breath deeply into the belly first.

Thought i mentioned it, but now i'm belly breathing.

Actually i'm not breathing, the body is breathing.

When i try to control the breath, things get messed up.

Earlier this month i had to stop breathing through the belly because i made me hyperventillate.

But so far i haven't hyperventillated... breaths so subtle it feels like it's going to stop. :o:P

I guess if my breath would be too slow, my heartrate will go up right?

So i would be able to notice it by my heartrate... ?

Edited by zazaza

The past 2 days, if i try to control my breath it feels forced,
Sometimes the breath allows imposed technique, other times it likes to do what it does with no interference. No worries. :)

if i let go of control - the breath becomes very slow, deep and subtle...

Through the belly by the way!

It's so slow i think it is forgetting to breathe.:o

Are there any warning signs by which i would be able to see if my breath has really become too slow?

appart from the obvious sudden death :rolleyes:

One of the goals of breath work is to lengthen and smooth the inhale and exhale. Longer, slower, smoother. So, you're basically doing fine. At times the breath will even stop for some short periods, but you won't feel a lack of oxygen. That's also fine.

If you feel that this sort of thing goes on for too long, then include some aerobic exercise (running, swimming, etc) to generate basic full breathing.

cheers,

:D

A perfect breath takes a life time to train. It get's so much more complex then belly breathing. I am no authority though since I am still only working on being able to breath with my whole torso when I am training, whether it's in the form or while doing pullups.

Sign in to follow this