Sign in to follow this  
Old Man Contradiction

What is your perfect training shoe?

The only thing between you and the ground is your shoe. What is your perfect indoor training shoe?

I got some racing flats for running, and when I stand in the Combat Stance (a la I-Chuan) in them my feet are constantly sliding apart. What's the cheapest indoor shoe that grips to a hardwood floor?

The only thing between you and the ground is your shoe. What is your perfect indoor training shoe?

I got some racing flats for running, and when I stand in the Combat Stance (a la I-Chuan) in them my feet are constantly sliding apart. What's the cheapest indoor shoe that grips to a hardwood floor?

I prefer doing everything barefoot.

Okay. So it is winter and my feet don't like the cold. I just bougt two pair of suede loafers with foam rubber soles that grip my floors very nicely. ($10/pair at K-Mart.)

Peace & Love!

both of your suggestions are actually what I would naturally want. But given the nature of my class barefeet is not an option. I can't afford the fivefingers, and loafers aren't really what I'm looking for. Ideally I want a good cheap athletic shoe. Something under 40-50$.

So far I'm thinking either Asics GEL-Rocket 4 or Nike 5 T-1 FS, maybe one of the Adidas Samba models.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

Any idea where I can get shoes with a non rubber bottom?

the easy answer is to get some traditional black taichi shoes with the cotton bottom. those are pretty nice, but don't last long outdoors http://www.aquariandreams.com/productcart/...mp;idproduct=31

i would love to hear if anyone has other suggestions. i looked and looked last year and couldn't find anything. i found sandals that were entirely made of hemp, including the soles, but they were all out of stock. can't remember the name. there must be shoes made entirely of hemp somewhere? no rubber or synthetic crap?..

I've tried cheap kung fu shoes, Feiyue, Discipline, a variety of running and tennis shoes over the years, and my favorite by far is Adidas Sambas. Nothing comes close for me. Good arch support, flat and wide sole, supportive uppers. Great for form, great for aggressive push hands and martial training. Not too expensive. You've got to try them yourself, however.

Dunlop Volley

Cheap enough to replace, they only last a few months, excellent grip, good comfort.

I like them better than Kung Fu slippers. Slippers are hard to get here and pretty much the same price with postage as the easily available volleys. I do like how you can get a slippery hard rubber and a sticky softer rubber in the kung fu slippers but I'm usually looking for more grip not less, I've never tried the cotton sole slippers.

I often think of getting some Feiyues or five fingers etc, but I like to think Volleys are like a Chinese style solution. In Australia vollies are in all the chain store so they are cheap and everywhere. So your using what's readily available.

Sign in to follow this