Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Idio-Bum-Cracy

This movie depicts what human society could look like in the next 500 yrs. I would say that in the next 50 yrs (or even less):

idiocracy24q.th.jpg

It is happening now, people are getting dumber by the minute.

I just read this comment somewhere online:

I know. I'm a college librarian. I hear faculty say that many times if they try to discipline a student who has plagiarized a paper or give a failing grade to a student who has done a fraction of the assigned work the administration backs the student because they are afraid of causing retention rates to fall. It's an uphill climb.

Now this lunacy has already made its appearance into Tao Bum's Taoist discussion forum. There are increasingly more and more threads that discuss the same issues time and time again. Can't the users that open them use the SEARCH FUNCTION!

On the other hand, we have users trying to be funny in threads by inserting comments in the most typical troll mode.

There are users that rely on information instead of hard work and real practice. They think that by reading information and trying 50 different methods one can become Maitreya.

Please, don't turn this small "oasis" into another IDIOCRACY. Thank you very much.

I love that movie.

This forum is just like any other forum, and they've always been the same. There have always been trolls and people that don't search.

Sign in to follow this