Sign in to follow this  
Harold

clarity about the dantien

Hi!

I found this very helpful and excellently explained video about zhan zhuang.

Now I have this question about the mingmen and the dantien.

In a chinese sketch I have the dantien is located between the QiHai,which is few fingers under the navel, and

the first vertebrae above the sacrum.

The mingmen in this sketch is on the same height as the ShenJue,which is the navel.

Now from the explanation in the video the dantien and the mingmen should be on the same height-I'm confused.

Is the sketch wrong,I don`t know

or does anybody have ideas a/o suggestions

Thanks in advance

Hi!

I found this very helpful and excellently explained video about zhan zhuang.

Now I have this question about the mingmen and the dantien.

In a chinese sketch I have the dantien is located between the QiHai,which is few fingers under the navel, and

the first vertebrae above the sacrum.

The mingmen in this sketch is on the same height as the ShenJue,which is the navel.

Now from the explanation in the video the dantien and the mingmen should be on the same height-I'm confused.

Is the sketch wrong,I don`t know

or does anybody have ideas a/o suggestions

Ha!!

The best thing happened,I found out that in the sketch the mingmen is indeed on the same level as the dantien and qihai.

Does anybody know which theXuanShu is?

Bye,

Harold

Thanks in advance

Hi,

this is not very orthodox but I find the best results come when I feel Mingmen deep in the lower curve of my spine, kind of a large-ish area, not so specific, not millimeter exact. I just breathe through it... and sometimes branch off to the kidneys/adrenal glands.

Ultramarathoner Stu Mittelman wrote something in his book that really gave me a wow effect I wasn't expecting, though I don't know where he got it: He suggests visualizing a triangle bult of the navel and the hip bones. Breathe deep into a ball in the center of the triangle, and there's the lower Dantian. Pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing your experiences,

i`m still asking myself is the mingmen between the first vertebrae and the sacrum or is it between fourth an fifth vertebrae.

Also theres the daimai,so called girdle vessel,which connects these points,in the external aura and to the dantien.

Breathing to the dantien can also be done from the daimai.

Further advice wished!

Thanks for sharing your experiences,

i`m still asking myself is the mingmen between the first vertebrae and the sacrum or is it between fourth an fifth vertebrae.

Also theres the daimai,so called girdle vessel,which connects these points,in the external aura and to the dantien.

Breathing to the dantien can also be done from the daimai.

Further advice wished!

Hey Harold,

In my experience if you just relax the breath and go to the nothingness, the chi will go exactly where it needs to.

If for example i will the chi into my Tan Tien, i've noticed that after i release my will it goes to totally different places that i would never have directed it myself.

It knows what it needs to do, so i let it do so, when it needs to go to the Ming Men, it will.

Mine pulses very strongly. The pulsation is the size of a cherry tomato.

I can recommend these yoga poses, which may help you activate the Ming Men:

1. Standing Forward Bend

Uttanasana.jpg

2. Sitting Forward Bend

800px-Paschimottanasana.jpg

3. Upward facing dog

bigupdog.jpg

4. Camel

camel.jpg

The sitting forward bend, with both legs out in front of you does wonders for the Ming Men : )

If you do it deep and get your upper torso parallel to your legs, you will feel that whole lower back area opening up.

Hold it for as long as you can 10 - 20 minutes.

Good luck.

Edited by effilang

Sign in to follow this