Sign in to follow this  
everseeking

A proposal for us lazy bums.

Okay guys, I have a serious proposal for all.

Lots of people get on here and attack various energy practices. Thats all fine and dandy, and we all have our right to our own opinion. As some may have read, I have been pretty supportive of KAP and Santiago in many posts.

Some people have -in the KAP thread- said that they took KAP and it was a joke, etc. I have'nt been here long enough to know the details, but some have been critical of Kunlun. The same could probably be said for most practices.

I am asking everyone to please voluntarily participate in this standard I'm proposing;

If you have done ANY energy practice and you comment on it or give a critique of it, would you PLEASE mention-with all the other stuff--

How much time you spent practicing it-being as precise as possible

example-how many hours per day, days per week, how many weeks/months/years, etc,

I think this would be very helpful. So often people argue here, and thats healthy. But there are lots of new people who want to make progress, and without knowing how much effort someone put into their cultivation, its REALLY hard to consider it for yourself.

If I practiced something 3 hours a day, 365 days a year and all I say is 'I love this system/practice/method, it works so great', I'm leaving out how much work I put into it.

If all I say is, 'I did it, it sucks' and I only practiced 30 minutes, twice a week for 4 months, I would be leaving out that I didn't put in a lot of effort.

This will help to sort things out and also give people who haven't done it a better idea of what to expect and how much work it takes to be successful.

Thanks

I only ready it just now, but I think it's a great idea.

I would actually go so far as to say that any post which does not meet this standard should be completely ignored.

KAP 1 since June 2009

All the time: MCO wind spinning

All the time: practice mindfulness

All the time: practice being kind

All the time: practice clear thinking

When necessary: grounding

Daily: watch exposure to content

Morning: feeling through head, heart, belly 20 mins

Morning: writing and contemplation 20 mins

Evening: settle into void and stillness, till I fall asleep

Probably not enough: secret smile

Weekly: yoga practice

Weekly: art, company and music

Seriously? Did no one read this, or is it that no one wants to be honest and forthcoming?

I too just read your post. I normally would not even have made comment because I rarely make comment in any 'practice' thread.

But what you are suggesting in a valid request, I think. And I agree with you in that there are many members here who are looking for sound guidance. "It sucks", isn't sound guidance, IMO.

When speaking of any regimen or practice details as you have outlined above are very important.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this