Sign in to follow this  
Enishi

Atlantis/Lemuria

Earlier today I was reading a website called Exploring Theosophy (a pretty interesting read, though much of it is VERY out there and hard to swallow) and stumbled across this article:

http://davidpratt.info/americas1.htm

Anyway, what do you guys think? Is there any truth to the Atlantis/Lemuria legends? Did our history infact extend back farther than we realize (even if there was no technologically advanced civilization before our own).

Edited by Enishi

History is shrouded with uncertainty so who knows??

Supposedly the nagas from the old lemurian world still rule over the empires of today..

My thoughts right now is that perhaps there was no atlantis, but that some of the anomalous evidence of millions of years old human skeletons not much different from us being found (and ignored) might just suggest that we're a bit older than most scientists belief.

Michael Cremo's Forbidden Archaelogy is also an interesting read in regards to this subject.

Edited by Enishi

History is shrouded with uncertainty so who knows??

Supposedly the nagas from the old lemurian world still rule over the empires of today..

That's my thoughts! Hard to really know the actual "history," now a days. But, it's good we keep searching. More things are coming to light, hopefully, it will continue.

According to scientific evidence, mankind is among the youngest species on earth, due to the studies in our chromosomes it is concluded that man have not been around for more than just about 270.000 years.

Lucy and the rest of the gang are of a different, earlier genetical legacy, a different species that is.

Together with orchids we are truly the kids in the block.

Speaking of Atlantis, there are many good suggestions. However the "myth of Atlantis" could very well be located around Cuba. There are clearly signs of archeological evidence of early mega constructions, urban planning, roads, etc. under the water in these locations.

Edited by Guest

I don't know about atlantis but lemuria was a hypothetical lost continent that was literally made up by a 19th century scientist to explain where lemurs evolved. It was later picked up by new agers for use in all sorts of fanticrap. 'cough,ramtha,cough'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(continent)

Interesting! But, is your evidence Wikipedia? Any other sources?

Just googlefu 'lemuria' and stick to actual historical webs (avoiding new age pages) and you should see plenty.

goodluck getting past the newage sites though, its rough going.

There are many worlds in our world, not necessarily coexisting together in the same physical plane. You can tap into them through meditation or dream travel.

I used to be way into all that channeled stuff, but I've decided that the content is ultimately misleading and the energy behind the content isn't helpful either. Looking into the lives of the modern channelers, 90% of them including Seth, Ramtha, Winn's entity dude, the Dalai Lama's Dorje Shugden, Madame Blvatsky had had bad experiences with their familiar spirits.

Take away all the channeled embellishments, and the idea that there are a few lost civilizations out there is quite possible... I heard about the Cuba coast ruins... they sound cool.

Bringing archeology into the picture is usually a buzzkill... from what I understand the Cayce people contributed to the radiocarbon dating of the pyramids but were disappointed with the results... No luck for the Mormons in Mexico theory either...

radiocarbon dating of the pyramids

I don't think you can radiocarbon date a stone :unsure:

Radiocarbon dating is for biological tissues because it is supposed that when they lived they breathed CO2 and with the normal atoms pf carbons you can have in your tissues some izotopes of carbon that desintegrates in time, and then you can date how much time passed from when you suppose that this living tissue acumulated the carbon izotopes. So it is possible to radiocarbon date the Turin shroud but the stones of the Gizeh plateau maybe only if they find fossils inside the stones, and even then you date the fossils not the time when the stones were chopped. :unsure:

I didn't research it very far. I'm assuming they may have found some construction related carbon. I'm sure a quick google could bring it up if I'm correct.

Sign in to follow this