Encephalon

Chi flow through the brain - precautions taken

I am choosing to go ahead with the process of opening all the major energy gates of the head, including the willful construction of energy pathways throughout the brain.

Frantzis is unequivocal about the risks and cautions the practitioner to resist constructing pathways any deeper than a quarter of an inch into the skull. Frantzis appears to be a more cautionary instructor in general, as he holds the water method as a superior and safer method than the various fire methods.

Chia, writing in "Awaken Healing Light of the Tao," goes on at great length about the MCO points in the brain and the promises of engaging the "Crystal Palace," that deep interior space composed of the Thalumus, hypothalamus, Pituitary, and pineal galand. (I love Chia's illustrations - I think they are useful teaching tools - and his writing style is a little saccharine, but I can handle it.

Daniel Reid has some fantastic post-chi-kung workout techniques for keeping the chi from stagnating in the brain. They feel terrific when you perform them and your head feels light and wakeful when completed.

The pathways I have constructed in my brain haven't left me with any ill effects; no headaches, no strange sensations along the optic nerve, no blurred vision, no hallucinations, no mental illness (that I know of). Circuitous routes between L and R Eustachian tubes feel great, unencumbered, open.

I am counting on the old souls in here, farther along than I, to fire off any warning shots. For background, I am a text-book left-handed right-brainer, so my visualization skills are serving me well, at least in this endeavor.

Thanks in advance.

Holy Jeez - that's heavy.

From what I can infer, you repressed abusive childhood trauma during your formative years and the memories spilled out uncontrollably from unsupervised chi manipulation of the upper tan tien. Is this accurate?

May I humbly ask, how old were you when this crisis unfolded, how long had you been performing unsupervised UTT visualization/energy manipulation, and during the four years of healing time, were you functional or mentally disabled? What healing modality proved the most efficacious?

I'm truly grateful for your candor.

Awesome!

Go for it!

I say, why not dare to explore the unexplored territory? If you feel you are ready, perhaps you are...

Watch out for too much heat in the core of the animal brain. Pathway from the rear of the head, approximately Du 15 to Du 20 or rear Si shen cong. And too much heat in the motor cortex, as it can fry the nervous system connections. They are acupoints along the San Jiao channels/ GB temple area to Du 20. These are the same pathways that we use intense stimulation for post stroke recovery. Use "cold" qi to power up these regions, rather than any "heated' qi.

When you can feel at least 3 of the dantiens in the head, check back with me and I'll help you out!

Happy Explorations!

:)

You might like to take a look at this thread, and pay particular attention to the posts by SFJane.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=4789

I'll have to buy you a beer for sending me this link. Thanks.

Awesome!

Go for it!

I say, why not dare to explore the unexplored territory? If you feel you are ready, perhaps you are...

Watch out for too much heat in the core of the animal brain. Pathway from the rear of the head, approximately Du 15 to Du 20 or rear Si shen cong. And too much heat in the motor cortex, as it can fry the nervous system connections. They are acupoints along the San Jiao channels/ GB temple area to Du 20. These are the same pathways that we use intense stimulation for post stroke recovery. Use "cold" qi to power up these regions, rather than any "heated' qi.

When you can feel at least 3 of the dantiens in the head, check back with me and I'll help you out!

Happy Explorations!

What do you mean by 3 dantiens in the head? I thought the three are the lower (gut) middle (heart) upper (mind). Do you mean 3 energy gates in the head simultaneously?

I'll need some reference materials for the Du and Si shen cong pathways. What's your source?

Edited by Blasto

I want to reply to some of those old posts about causing psychotic issues.

I have seen some damage by energetic practices involving the brain. Most of the time they happen with individuals who already have some undeveloped issue inherent in their genetics. And almost 95% of the instances were with intensely heated meditations. Kundalini yoga is usually the culprit in these situations. I have two patients who are children of parents in institutions, from this type of practice.

With that said, I have NEVER met anyone with a serious emotional problem caused DIRECTLY from Taoist oriented practices. The traditional micro orbit is done with non charged energy and is a very slow and laborious process.

The problem is when you try to do it quickly with very charged energy...

I have experience in this realm because my specialty is with Neurological Acupuncture and Qi Gong. I "rewire" brain functioning using external qi treatments. Kids usually take about 5 treatments, and adults somewhere between 8-10 sessions. My patients have gone off their learning disability meds, depression meds, anti anxiety meds and other mood stabilizers. They CHOSE to remove their meds after these treatments and have not needed them since. I then teach them how to charge their own brain with qi gong to maintain the effects on their own. It is NOT dangerous and I use it on a daily basis. As long as you are not using raw, unrefined, passionate and heated energy. Do not let people scare you. If you truly feel you are ready, I suggest you try. But if there is doubt still, then you are not truly ready...

My 2 cents.

edit- its not for the teacher to explain everything. go figure some things out. i've given you and the online world a huge hint already! meditation without physical foundation is insanity. find the root of the sensation. ;)

Edited by Eternal_Student

I have seen some damage by energetic practices involving the brain. Most of the time they happen with individuals who already have some undeveloped issue inherent in their genetics. And almost 95% of the instances were with intensely heated meditations. Kundalini yoga is usually the culprit in these situations. I have two patients who are children of parents in institutions, from this type of practice.

With that said, I have NEVER met anyone with a serious emotional problem caused DIRECTLY from Taoist oriented practices. The traditional micro orbit is done with non charged energy and is a very slow and laborious process.

I have experience in this realm because my specialty is with Neurological Acupuncture and Qi Gong. I "rewire" brain functioning using external qi treatments. Kids usually take about 5 treatments, and adults somewhere between 8-10 sessions. My patients have gone off their learning disability meds, depression meds, anti anxiety meds and other mood stabilizers. They CHOSE to remove their meds after these treatments and have not needed them since. I then teach them how to charge their own brain with qi gong to maintain the effects on their own. It is NOT dangerous and I use it on a daily basis. As long as you are not using raw, unrefined, passionate and heated energy. Do not let people scare you. If you truly feel you are ready, I suggest you try. But if there is doubt still, then you are not truly ready...

My 2 cents.

edit- its not for the teacher to explain everything. go figure some things out. i've given you and the online world a huge hint already! meditation without physical foundation is insanity. find the root of the sensation. ;)

Okay. That's what I wanted to hear. As long as you're not the guy that I saw by that thing on E. Colfax when that light was shining behind the Cherry Creek Mall that one time. You aren't that guy, are you?

Just kidding.

I am choosing to go ahead with the process of opening all the major energy gates of the head, including the willful construction of energy pathways throughout the brain.

Frantzis is unequivocal about the risks and cautions the practitioner to resist constructing pathways any deeper than a quarter of an inch into the skull. Frantzis appears to be a more cautionary instructor in general, as he holds the water method as a superior and safer method than the various fire methods.

Chia, writing in "Awaken Healing Light of the Tao," goes on at great length about the MCO points in the brain and the promises of engaging the "Crystal Palace," that deep interior space composed of the Thalumus, hypothalamus, Pituitary, and pineal galand. (I love Chia's illustrations - I think they are useful teaching tools - and his writing style is a little saccharine, but I can handle it.

Daniel Reid has some fantastic post-chi-kung workout techniques for keeping the chi from stagnating in the brain. They feel terrific when you perform them and your head feels light and wakeful when completed.

The pathways I have constructed in my brain haven't left me with any ill effects; no headaches, no strange sensations along the optic nerve, no blurred vision, no hallucinations, no mental illness (that I know of). Circuitous routes between L and R Eustachian tubes feel great, unencumbered, open.

I am counting on the old souls in here, farther along than I, to fire off any warning shots. For background, I am a text-book left-handed right-brainer, so my visualization skills are serving me well, at least in this endeavor.

Thanks in advance.

I would totally advise against this sort of practice without at least a few years of standing and/or basic qigong. Without this sort of grounding you are asking for trouble. Also this practice should not be learned from a book. At the very least audio or video instruction, preferably though with a trained teacher.

Sure this sort of energy work can "open things up," but you are potentially sacrificing long term wellbeing for short term phenomenon.

I'll have to buy you a beer for sending me this link. Thanks.

I'm glad all the time I've spent reading old Tao Bums threads can help someone.

That's cool that you specialize in brain qigong. What kind of training did you receive for that? Did your teacher not emphasize extreme caution for that type of thing?

You have SFJane and Taomeow giving their experience of working directly with their brain energies (n.b. not kundalini) and opening themselves up to all the deep dark stuff inside themselves all at once and not being able to turn it off, and B.K. Frantzis warning very strongly that this is not something to play around with, and he speaks from having seen a lot of crazy stuff in China. I don't know what kind of deep dark stuff Blasto has inside of him, but I am willing to bet there is some.

Will it do this to you no matter what? You say no, and I'm sure you're right. You said people who have trouble with this have some sort of genetically inherent issues. How does one know if one has these issues or not? Are there any other contraindications? Blasto said he overdid the MCO and seriously overheated rather recently. Is that not a red flag to you?

If someone can be careful, listen to his body, ground himself, and not get carried away with cool sensations, I would not argue with your statement "go for it." But how many people do you think can really do that? What kind of experiences and training and attainments do you think would indicate that someone could responsibly mess with this stuff?

Regards,

Tyler

Edited by Creation

The traditional micro orbit is done with non charged energy and is a very slow and laborious process.

This is a quick answer to your question, Creation.

Do the MCO slowly and without charged energy, and you are doing it right.

Frantzis isn't against the student doing anything in general.

He's against the student doing anything unsupervised.

If you look at a lot of his warning stories about students, a LOT of problems don't result from just the practice. But sometimes the teacher goes to travel, or the student leaves, and the practice is continued, and when the student meets back up with a teacher there's a big problem.

A good teacher can see a problem looooooooong before it develops, and can help you correct your practice.

It's not like Frantzis doesn't like the techniques, he just won't put them in books and probably won't teach them if he doesn't see you at regular intervals. It's a precaution for everyone's sake.

Okay. That's what I wanted to hear. As long as you're not the guy that I saw by that thing on E. Colfax when that light was shining behind the Cherry Creek Mall that one time. You aren't that guy, are you?

Just kidding.

LOFL!!!

:lol:

I believe EVERYONE has latent abilities in developing healing transmissions.

I believe EVERYONE has dark parts of themselves to work out.

I believe ANYONE can do ANYTHING, with a little time, patience, and hard work.

And when it comes down to it, there is also NOTHING to complete...

I am always willing to help out, however.

Thanks for all the feedback. I will humbly submit myself as a lab rat for the benefit of my Tao Bums Brethren. I'm going for it, basing my decision on a few points -

I've only been doing nei kung for 27 months, but they have been steady and consistent, and the last six months I've been averaging 2-4 hours of bodywork/day. That ain't nothin' compared to some; I readily acknowledge this, but my MCO runs smoothly. My energy often goes wherever it wants and I gently follow it, coaxing it along, but not forcing it. I keep my legs in the lockout position (crossed) at all times and generally don't feel like I'm failing to ground myself properly. In fact, the downward current, from my crown to the perineum, where it splits off into both legs, feels pretty damn good. I've also done yoga on and off for probably 7 years, and have been a health freak for 30.

I do have access to professional guidance by my nei kung instructor here in LA, in case anything really weird happens. .

My risk factors are minimal (or so I think); I quit drinking in 1982, and other than a pattern of worshipping at the Bart Simpson Church of Underachievement, my mental state has always included an ample dose of humor.

The only other factor regarding my mental health is that I'm getting married this Saturday, so who knows what lurid demons are preparing to surface!! :lol:

I just bought Chunyi Lin's Level One medical qigong fundamentals and am taking the level one class in January. If I've completely lost it by then, ya'll will be the first to know.

Edited by Blasto

Go for it, dude. Sounds like your conditions are pretty optimal. In the end, it's really about your own feelings. If your heart says 'go' then go. Just keep listening so that you'll hear if it ever says 'stop.'

Well what they've said as Evil parts of the brain and such.. You have to remember there apart of you yourself, and probably what is your personality can be a reflection of that..

If you can change your mind for the better now and work on it.. Then IF this things become present perhaps you can fix them to your liking.. If you can do that.. Would'nt you be alot more genuine? Cleaner even? Im just curious.. Because the others have portrayed this as something unfixable.. Well what if you did when its most visable? Would'nt you stop the problem from the root?

Anyway just a thought.. Its still all you.

Laozi is right, as usual. Those who know, do not speak. Those who speak, do not know. And those who know and still speak... well... the best they can do is regret having spoken, and delete.

^^

- - ...../

/..... /

\\ \\

And those who know and still speak... well... the best they can do is regret having spoken, and delete.

Hehe, Laozi's wisdom fits pretty well on a forum indeed !

I've never taken Kunlun, but I think I remember people posting on here about one of the practices that involved qi flow through the brain...maybe Red Phoenix? Some people considered it risky without proper preparation. Maybe someone who has taken the course can weigh in about this.

Blasto verified his history.

I felt that he was at the okay point. His frequency is pretty "settled".

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!

May the creation you share together, reverberate through the world!

Sincerely,

Stephen

I've never taken Kunlun, but I think I remember people posting on here about one of the practices that involved qi flow through the brain...maybe Red Phoenix? Some people considered it risky without proper preparation. Maybe someone who has taken the course can weigh in about this.

Yup, it's the Red Phoenix, and many found they can't handle it, but then, many found they can't handle kunlun without the Red Phoenix either. And kunlun is a downward flow. I used to believe what BKF asserts -- that a downward flow is safe vs. the upward. I don't believe it anymore. I believe what I posted in my first ("epic" LOL) entry re my first kunlun seminar: "there's efficient practices and there's safe practices, but a practice that is both safe AND efficient doesn't exist." However, the ones that start with the upper brain before the lower brain and the body are ready are among the most dangerous ones.

I loved the Red Phoenix, by the way, and asked Max if I can intensify it with full lotus, which he OK-ed... it's sublime this way. But then, I had my dark-night yada yada long before, by way of other methods, and resolved that, so there were no obstructions whatsoever with either kunlun or RP.

Blasto verified his history.

I felt that he was at the okay point. His frequency is pretty "settled".

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!

May the creation you share together, reverberate through the world!

Sincerely,

Stephen

I'm only doing it for the health insurance. :D

Thank you very much. I lived in CO for 7 years. When I get out there and show my wife my old life, I'll buy ya a beer.

Edited by Blasto