Seth Ananda

Johny Chang/Liping Lotus position?

This is a spoofed ID and not the real Nik Hatzakis

This member has been banned

-Mod Squad-

Longmenpai.blogspot.com is a good example. This site contains roughly 300 pages of absolutly nothing but "Carrot Dangling" Marketed towards naive westerners. Everything has been checked then re-checked again to make sure nothing of any value has been posted - In the english language that is .

Its clear Ken you practice some very ancient methods of cultivation. Yet at the same time you appear very thin skinned,The slightest comments sending you over the edge.

We are tired of being fed "Dog Scraps" so to speak and deserve to be treated equally, like Chinese students. Nor do we need severly "Edited" Articles with no application or practice value. Customer is always right and More complaints will bring positive changes for all.

Vortex,Baguakid, grow some balls and stop kissing chinese ass. You might see your pathetic attitudes as humble or being respectful, In reality it would make most men sick.

Its better to die standing then to live on your knees.

I will ask the same question again. I dont expect an honest answer or one at all for that matter.

Why wont anybody translate the techniques & teachings into english ? There is so much information available in chinese on the net about master wang,But nobody wants to share in english,Or should i say to westerners ?

Kathy, being a student of master wangs surely you could offer something more then a wikipedia link ?

Throwing up the Wikipedia link, Now thats what i call a genuine insult fellas.

Edited by Mal
False ID

The reason the West had so much advancement in sciences, is because the West has learned to PUT QUESTIONS.

If questioning a school, or a master, or a teaching, or a a policy, is considered an insult, what choise do we have if we are to interact with the Chinese culture? To act like hypocrits?

I asked myself many times niko's questions, and am sure many of us did too.

And it's important that they are answered. Otherwise people would make up their own ideas.

I agree that the idea wasn't formulated very polite, but the questions still stand.

And the questions need an honest and sincere answer... I wonder what Mr. Liping would say, would a question like this bother him? I never met him, but somehow I think he would give kind and gentle answer.

Please, Ken, KathyLi.

Well, the West capitalized and commercialized technological advancement with the business practice of intellectual property rights. I think that this, in addition to other factors, is what led to their accelerated scientific advancement in the last few centuries.

However, prior to the last 3 centuries of civil war, foreign invasions and Opium Wars, etc. - China was the world leader in technological invention. Which it is now slowly regaining again today after centuries of social upheaval and turmoil.

But if the West is so good at developing insights from asking questions - then why do guys like Niko have to go get it from the Chinese, whom he despises? Why hasn't the West already developed the same body of knowledge that he seeks, if their methods are so superior?

Niko - If you think there's so many more secrets hidden in Chinese, then why don't you just learn Chinese? No Chinese are stopping you from doing that. Only thing stopping you here is YOU. So, quit whining and help yourself, princess. It's not THEIR fault you're illiterate in their language - it's YOURS.

How's that for growing some balls and stop kissing laowai ass? I wouldn't want to make you sick with a pathetically humble or respectful attitude, now. Nor should any Chinese masters either by treating you with any pathetic humility or respect. Its better to die standing then to live on your knees and it works both ways, right?

Yes there is always more helpful info...but I also think most of the actual practices are basically pretty simple. The hard part is doing them and doing them a lot. And reading more and more books about them isn't going to compare to actually just doing them, even if you lack some of the theory. There's gotta be a balance there.

Edited by vortex

I don't want a pretty answer, Meow (I'm making no refference at yours now).

Just an official one :)

It's too little information to make a decision on.

I must have missed the official question. What is it again? :)

Niko, I've had disagreements with both Kathy and Ken on this board, even heated arguments with Ken so take your comments and stuff em.

I think you should keep going like you are. I'm sure Kathy and Ken are going to break soon and they will realize they are wrong and will work though day and night to translate everything for you. Just wait a little longer... :lol:

This is a spoofed ID and not the real Nik Hatzakis

This member has been banned

-Mod Squad-

Ymwong ,Champion

Can somebody please give this man a Medal, What a gentleman. Taomeow Your input is much appreciated too.

Edited by Mal
False ID

Longmenpai.blogspot.com is a good example. This site contains roughly 300 pages of absolutly nothing but "Carrot Dangling" Marketed towards naive westerners. Everything has been checked then re-checked again to make sure nothing of any value has been posted - In the english language that is .

Its clear Ken you practice some very ancient methods of cultivation. Yet at the same time you appear very thin skinned,The slightest comments sending you over the edge.

We are tired of being fed "Dog Scraps" so to speak and deserve to be treated equally, like Chinese students. Nor do we need severly "Edited" Articles with no application or practice value. Customer is always right and More complaints will bring positive changes for all.

Vortex,Baguakid, grow some balls and stop kissing chinese ass. You might see your pathetic attitudes as humble or being respectful, In reality it would make most men sick.

Its better to die standing then to live on your knees.

I will ask the same question again. I dont expect an honest answer or one at all for that matter.

Why wont anybody translate the techniques & teachings into english ? There is so much information available in chinese on the net about master wang,But nobody wants to share in english,Or should i say to westerners ?

Kathy, being a student of master wangs surely you could offer something more then a wikipedia link ?

Throwing up the Wikipedia link, Now thats what i call a genuine insult fellas.

Calling someone "racist pig" is not a "slightest comment". And frankly whining little bitch like you don't deserve anything. The methods on the Chinese web are not secret, it's just that no one has translated them yet. Incidentally Shen laoshi is working on a revised edition of "Walk on the great path" which contains all of Master Wang's teaching and we are working on an English edition, but this won't happen for another year or two. Methods without oral transmission won't work in Longmenpai, I have said it many times and no one seems to get it (or want to believe it). Since you have such obvious hatred towards Chinese, I will ensure that you will not be welcomed to any longmenpai class in the future.

Edited by Ken

Thank you for the translation.

Could YMWong or anyone please check the bold part if it is correctly translated? I thought it cannot be used to transform post-heaven Qi into preheaven-Qi. Thanks.

Hello Reader,

the translation should be correct.

The original text speaks about transforming 气 (qi) into 炁 (qi). These two terms are often used interchangeably all along chinese history to refer to the same thing, but most daoist schools take the first (the most commonly used spelling for 'qi' energy 气) as the name of post-heaven 'qi' and the second (older form of 'qi' 炁 energy) to refer to pre-heaven 'qi'.

Ken,

of course most teachings are useless without a teacher. I have been into daoist studies for 30 years and I always 'followed the rules' very strictly, but the material I posted is already public so I see no reason why it shouldn't be discussed further to help those interested.

As a matter of fact, the help of people like you in this specific matter (given that each school has different approaches and understanding) could help shed some light on a lot of misunderstanding.

If, on the other side, you don't think you or Kathy can or are willing to help, maybe I'll continue translating the whole thing myself.

This is not from WLP but from my earlier lotus training, don't know if it's going to be helpful, but here goes. The yongquan points are sealed when both outer surfaces of both feet are placed in the kua creases (where the front of the thigh connects to the front of the pelvis).

I see what you mean, TM, but I think the text talks about a different 'sealing'.

The sentence refer to 'half lotus' so I guess it refer to 'sealing' (pressing) on the yongquan point of the lower foot with the upper thigh.

YM

Edited by YMWong

I see what you mean, TM, but I think the text talks about a different 'sealing'.

The sentence refer to 'half lotus' so I guess it refer to 'sealing' (pressing) on the yongquan point of the lower foot with the upper thigh.

YM

Oh, OK. Yes, it makes sense. In the half-lotus of female alchemy, it is accomplished by pressing the heel of the lower foot into the pubic bone, then the thigh seals the yongquan. But since I still don't know what the sentence is, or whether a male could or should do this, I'm just guessing.

The strength points of full lotus are in the [area] of the sciatic nerves, and the requirement is to do it on a hard surface. Those with condensing osteitis or other internal ailments should [especially] do it on a hard surface.

When sitting one should be patient, and start with the crossed leg position.

I can vouch for the efficacy of this aspect, having injured my back again (and again and again, all those damn little reinjuries...) When its at its worst, nothing is as calming, as restorative, as sitting full lotus. I'm not 100% sure of all particular locations of inflammation, but the upper junction of the sciatic nerve bundle is, along with the psoas, stretched in a particular manner - almost so that the energy winds up being focused there instead of radiating down the leg. 5 minutes and the back alarm is completely shut off. 15 minutes and even the worst sciatic pain is alleviated to the point where I can get up and be normal for a couple hours at least.

Let me explain again for this picture.

This picture of Master Wang is a static picture of a Daoist practicing named "外 (Wai=external)导(Dao=guide)内(Nei=internal)行 (Xing=moving)" .

外 (Wai=external), 导(Dao=guide), 内(Nei=internal), 行(Xing=moving)

"外导内行" should integrate the external and internal practicing together, of course the full Lotus helps to generate internal power.

In Chinese language, there is a phrase 以怨报德 (meaning "return evil for good"), the behaviour of niko (wind) hatzakis is exactly explain what this 以怨报德 phrase mean.

niko (wind) hatzakis,

There are ways to disagree on a forum. Name calling and insults are not the way and will help no one. If you disagree then present a viable argument.

I must have missed the official question. What is it again? :)

:D Who am I to post official questions here? Anyway, Ken already answered, thanks man. A new book, interesting.

@YMW,

Why do the four channels on the back need to flow upward?

Why do the yongquan need to be sealed for?

It seems like cutting away the influence of the earth... or is it something else?

Ken,

of course most teachings are useless without a teacher. I have been into daoist studies for 30 years and I always 'followed the rules' very strictly, but the material I posted is already public so I see no reason why it shouldn't be discussed further to help those interested.

As a matter of fact, the help of people like you in this specific matter (given that each school has different approaches and understanding) could help shed some light on a lot of misunderstanding.

If, on the other side, you don't think you or Kathy can or are willing to help, maybe I'll continue translating the whole thing myself.

YMWong, when has i ever said it's any kind of secret? No it's not secret at all, I just don't have time to do it. I have too much on my plate already. In fact, I encouraged Song Yong Dao privately last year to translate what is available on web into English, but I guess he is busy too. So be my guest to translate any public materials if you have the time and energy.

Steam -- the first I heard of full-lotus as five points towards heaven was from qigong master Effie Chow. Steam -- do you have a reference for this -- "five hears leading to the Origin"? It's the only other time I've seen this this same point as Effie Chow but I could not find her reference online (It's in her book "Miracle Healing from China"). Thanks.

I am sorry, I read a lot of Qigong books and I can't remember which one if I ever read this in a book, to me is just so obvious because I practiced Qigong and Bagua and Taichi and that is the traditional way they explain...

You don't need to be on the defensive, Ken, as there was no attack on my side.

I understand you have no time but also understand you have no will, since instead of this reply you could have explained the sentence as per WLP's meaning in about the same time.

No problem thou, to each their own ways

YM

B):D:lol:

When questioned on the meaning of the technical internal alchemical words "dragon" and "tiger", Wang Zhe [founder of Quanzhen daoism] responded with the following poem:

Ask not about the dragon and the tiger.

The single point in your mind is your enlightened master.

When your qi is under control and your spirit (shen) is stable, this is what is called "the copulation".

The mind rectified in diligence and sincerity produces a warm glow.

To constantly serve all [sentient beings] equally is the Great Dao.

If [your mind is kept] pure and clear without relent, you will gain true compassion.

All becomes manifest tou you as the circular light reaches completion,

Guiding forth the golden elixir and fetching the jade fungi.***

問龍虎交媾

莫問龍兒與虎兒,心頭一點是明師。

炁調神定呼交媾,心正精虔做煦熙。

平等常施為大道,淨清不退得真慈。

般般顯現圓光就,引領金丹采玉芝。

YM

*** The teachings and Practices of the Early Quanzhen Taoist Masters

S. Eskildsen

SUNY Press, 2004