Seth Ananda

Johny Chang/Liping Lotus position?

Hey Bums, I am curious about the position That Johny Chang is sitting in in the photo of Him meditating in the forest. There is also a pic of Wang Liping in the same position.

Its the one in full Lotus, with the palms facing up, forearms at the solar plexus level, fingers nearly touching in front of solar plexus... You know the one, Looks way cool... :lol:

Does anyone know any details on the position?

I have been using it, and all I can say is Man! what I experience so far is that the Lotus creates the strong upward pull of earth energy, while the arm hand position is a really potent recieving gesture for Heavenly chi...

when I focus on my LDT it light up so fast its crazy, and my MCO prety much just takes care of it self.

Hows it sound? I have read nothing on this posture and would love to hear anything about it.

Am I in danger of spontaneously combusting if I dont learn it from a teacher?

I do not know how to post the photos, or I would have. Sorry :)

Feel free to anyone...

Hey Bums, I am curious about the position That Johny Chang is sitting in in the photo of Him meditating in the forest. There is also a pic of Wang Liping in the same position.

Its the one in full Lotus, with the palms facing up, forearms at the solar plexus level, fingers nearly touching in front of solar plexus... You know the one, Looks way cool... :lol:

I have been using it, and all I can say is Man! what I experience so far is that the Lotus creates the strong upward pull of earth energy, while the arm hand position is a really potent recieving gesture for Heavenly chi...

when I focus on my LDT it light up so fast its crazy, and my MCO prety much just takes care of it self.

Hows it sound? I have read nothing on this posture and would love to hear anything about it.

Feel free to anyone...

I think i remember that photo

Edited by r.w.smith

Looks like "pranayama" to me. There are some different "lockers" one uses along the way.

Controling chi/mind flow in certain directions.

Edited by Guest

Theres plenty of things in mo pai meditation that if you knew you would not want to do, being that you dont have the other parts. Especially the how to get outta've it.

Its also in magus of java.. I'd rather just take the picture as reference, till you learn more about the arm position.

One of my students briefly trained in Mo Pai with Kosta and ended up going to the doctor complaining of pain in the stomach. (because of packing Chi in the LDT) I don't reccommend trying any high level energy work from a book or picture but especially in the case of Mo Pai. If done incorrectly you could be causing yourself SERIOUS injury. If someone wants to train in Mo Pai, I suggest finding a qualified teacher and training with them in person for a good long while. These disciplines were never meant to be learned in a weekend or from books and pictures...

Seth I just finished of exactly what you're describing. I had fasted for the morning while out with my dad in the new snow (we got a storm kicking in here in Minnesota). Got back around 12:30 -- went into full-lotus with the hands up over the lower tan tien. The LDT lit up with tremendous heat and then I kept up the full-lotus until my feet were nice and hot, after the rest of my body was filled with heat.

Seth -- I call this the "Yan Xin Secret" -- and I have an article describing how it works -- why it's so effective. Chunyi Lin confirms what you said -- that the MCO will circulate on it's own while doing this position. He started out with Yan Xin and then later trained with Yan Xin's teacher!!

http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/246-Th...Xin-Secret.html

Feel free to anyone...

Edited by drewhempel

Thanks everyone, lol at McDonalds,

So Lipings is part of a movement, and Chang may not be In Full Lotus... Lol at Me :lol:

Do not worry about Mo Pai as I am in know way trying to Be Mo Pai, I just tried that position as it looked Interesting, and Wow! - It feels great! Its a potent position...

Have Fun :)

WLP is part of a movement fire and water, chang is also static and part or transition of a movement if it was part of something like Yi Jin Jing for an example. Changs opens up the chest and heart energy center whilst looking the back points.

But these postures are found in most nei gung systems, kinda like a foundation for it in many ways if not similar in movements. I know my systems have these in it!!!

Hope this helps...

Edited by Spirit Ape

WLP is part of a movement fire and water, chang is also static and part or transition of a movement if it was part of something like Yi Jin Jing for an example. Changs opens up the chest and heart energy center whilst looking the back points.

But these postures are found in most nei gung systems, kinda like a foundation for it in many ways if not similar in movements. I know my systems have these in it!!!

Hope this helps...

Awesome, I will be there Late Feb... :)

Ill pm you sometime in Jan when I can tell you something solid...

It's part of a wuxing-based routine that is part of lingbao bifa that is part of what I was told not to tell :lol: ...This is not water-fire but a snapshot of a water-wood-fire-earth-metal sequence.

It's part of a wuxing-based routine that is part of lingbao bifa that is part of what I was told not to tell :lol: ...This is not water-fire but a snapshot of a water-wood-fire-earth-metal sequence.

Ah yes I remember them discussing that I need to go over my notes :)

I wasnt refering to WLP meditation sequence myself as I dont know his Qi Kung but the fire water comes from my sequence that is my comment wasnt saying his sequence was fire and water.

I wasnt refering to WLP meditation sequence myself as I dont know his Qi Kung but the fire water comes from my sequence that is my comment wasnt saying his sequence was fire and water.

ok, sorry I misunderstood

Ah yes I remember them discussing that I need to go over my notes :)

and send some good vibes my way please 'cause I left mine across the continent and in a house under renovation at that... :o

no wait, there's a maoshan mudra Max teaches to retrieve lost objects... gotta try that :)

Dear Bums,

This picture of Master Wang's full lotus with arms (gestures) and hands (mudra) movements position is originally uploaded to our non-profit Dao-De website. It is a static picture of a Daoist practicing named "外 (Wai=external)导(Dao=guide)内(Nei=internal)行 (Xing=moving)" . "外导内行" should integrate the external and internal practicing together, of course the full Lotus helps to generate internal power.

The following information from wikipedia

Wang explained the traditional Daoists training techniques to modern people by using contemporary languages. Master Wang publicly teaches people parts of <Ling Bao Bi Fa> which is a book about internal alchemy arts written by Zhongli Quan in Han Dynasty. The art of Master Wang's teaching were called "Internal alchemy of Ling Bao Intelligence Enlightenment". Another book named "Xing-Da-Dao (Entering Dragongate)" , the authors of which book claim that this book summed up Mr. Wang Liping's public teaching in his early years.

The book "Da-Dao-Xing (Opening Dragongate)" has been translated into English, Russian and many other words. The Chinese and English version of book "Da-Dao-Xing (Opening Dragongate)" are available for download and online reading in a Not-for-Profit Dao-De Website. Part of the primary cultivation method of "Internal alchemy of Ling Bao Intelligence Enlightenment" are available at 老子学院 Laozi Academy -- a 501 © (3) non-profit charitable educational institution.

wang1.JPG

This is a spoofed ID and not the real Nik Hatzakis

This member has been banned

-Mod Squad-

Why wont anybody translate the techniques & teachings into english ? There is so much information available in chinese on the net about master wang,But nobody wants to share in english,Or should i say to westerners ?

Kathy, being a student of master wangs surely you could offer something more then a wikipedia link ? Was that a joke ?

Edited by Mal
False ID