Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

A Meditation Observation

I was meditating today and i noticed that when your sitting and you have either your palms up and your palms facing down it makes a difference in your energetic and mental state. When the hands are closed against my knees my mind slightly darkens and it is more difficult to empty myself, while if i have my palms facing up it is easier to let go and i notice a great deal of energy will gather and tingle in my palms. While if you have one palm up and another down you come somewhere in between both effects. Don't know what this means, but was curious to know if anyone who's experienced in energy work or meditation know what this means? Thanks

I was meditating today and i noticed that when your sitting and you have either your palms up and your palms facing down it makes a difference in your energetic and mental state. When the hands are closed against my knees my mind slightly darkens and it is more difficult to empty myself, while if i have my palms facing up it is easier to let go and i notice a great deal of energy will gather and tingle in my palms. While if you have one palm up and another down you come somewhere in between both effects. Don't know what this means, but was curious to know if anyone who's experienced in energy work or meditation know what this means? Thanks

That's funny.. in reiki level one they teach you a sitting meditation that is palms facing up and collecting energy into the lower dantian.

I've always wondered... what is the best sitting position, left leg over right? That's what I've read in Taoist Yoga because it represents yin embracing yang. But any cross legged position is uneven since one leg is on top of the other and eventually one needs to shift.

I dont kow if one is better than the other,each just has it's own purpose. Someone told me... if you want to collect energy into the lower dantian u lay your right palm facing down on your lower dantian and the left palm facing down over the right hand. The dan tian is yin, right hand is yang, and left hand yin. This attracts energy into the left hand which is attracted by the right hand, which is attracted to the yin dantian and the energy collects there.

That's funny.. in reiki level one they teach you a sitting meditation that is palms facing up and collecting energy into the lower dantian.

I've always wondered... what is the best sitting position, left leg over right? That's what I've read in Taoist Yoga because it represents yin embracing yang. But any cross legged position is uneven since one leg is on top of the other and eventually one needs to shift.

I dont kow if one is better than the other,each just has it's own purpose. Someone told me... if you want to collect energy into the lower dantian u lay your right palm facing down on your lower dantian and the left palm facing down over the right hand. The dan tian is yin, right hand is yang, and left hand yin. This attracts energy into the left hand which is attracted by the right hand, which is attracted to the yin dantian and the energy collects there.

Hands on the dantian? Isen't that dan tien breathing?

If it is, its good to state that women should switch positions of the hands.

if you haven't already done so, read up about mudras - hand gestures used in rituals. different traditions have different ones (hindus, buddhists, taoists, native americans, etc.) and they can be very powerful when combined with meditation. some can help you build energy internally, for example, while others help you expell excess or "negative" energy. i have been playing around with a simple hand mudra lately that helps expel negative qi and it has been really powerful for me at times where i needed it most.

I don't know about the hands,

but i know that keeping your back and head straight will help with the energy flow.

On the otherhand, i think that even if your body sitting in a really bad position energy-wise...

but your mind is very focused on the energy in your body, focused on your thoughts and feelings...

then you can break through as well.

Some people have really bad body-habits but are still very enlightened.

I think mind is key element, but if you got the energy going with the flow then this can be of (great?) help to focus the mind.

post-50617-1260216045_thumb.jpg

Edited by zazaza

I don't know about the hands,

but i know that keeping your back and head straight will help with the energy flow.

On the otherhand, i think that even if your body sitting in a really bad position energy-wise...

but your mind is very focused on the energy in your body, focused on your thoughts and feelings...

then you can break through as well.

Some people have really bad body-habits but are still very enlightened.

I think mind is key element, but if you got the energy going with the flow then this can be of (great?) help to focus the mind.

zazaza - is that a young Ramana?

Sign in to follow this