Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

QiGong Pan Gu Shengong (Thoughts?) (Signed up for Level 1)

In my experience, it is a very simple practice to do, yet generates a lot of energy. I learned it in a medical qigong course given at an acupuncture school. It was the primary method used for the practitioner's cultivation. The primary instructor of the course taught it to us first. My inital reaction on hearing the instructions was like "Is that all?". Then when I did the form for the first time it felt like there were little bubbles popping in my fingertips, like soda. My hands and feet were quite warm and vibrating afterward. This still happens whenever I practice it. The energy seems to act in ways it is needed...it can be energizing or help you fall asleep, depending on what your body needs. I think it would probably be very good for massage therapists to learn.

Later we learned all the levels from Master Ou, Wen Wei. They are all pretty simple to do, sort of variations on a theme. The non-moving form takes some concentration. If you have some meditation background it will help. I would recommend learning from Master Ou in person, if you have the chance. One thing he does is transmit qi by singing. It can have interesting effects on people.

Finally I'll mention that Pan Gu Shengong is not a traditional form. It was "channelled" to Master Ou while he was in a cell during the cultural revolution. This may be a problem to fundamentalists who insist that their practices be thousands of years old...but even those practices had to start somewhere.

• Thanks 1

In my experience, it is a very simple practice to do, yet generates a lot of energy. I learned it in a medical qigong course given at an acupuncture school. It was the primary method used for the practitioner's cultivation. The primary instructor of the course taught it to us first. My inital reaction on hearing the instructions was like "Is that all?". Then when I did the form for the first time it felt like there were little bubbles popping in my fingertips, like soda. My hands and feet were quite warm and vibrating afterward. This still happens whenever I practice it. The energy seems to act in ways it is needed...it can be energizing or help you fall asleep, depending on what your body needs. I think it would probably be very good for massage therapists to learn.

Later we learned all the levels from Master Ou, Wen Wei. They are all pretty simple to do, sort of variations on a theme. The non-moving form takes some concentration. If you have some meditation background it will help. I would recommend learning from Master Ou in person, if you have the chance. One thing he does is transmit qi by singing. It can have interesting effects on people.

Finally I'll mention that Pan Gu Shengong is not a traditional form. It was "channelled" to Master Ou while he was in a cell during the cultural revolution. This may be a problem to fundamentalists who insist that their practices be thousands of years old...but even those practices had to start somewhere.

I won't be practicing with Wen Wei. I believe he is traveling. I would be practicing with his Daughter Olivia. Is it good for beginners? I'm going to be practicing level one, then 1 month later, I will be getting level two. That sounds really interesting Dainin. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

• Thanks 1

I learned the Pangu from a Michael Winn video. Its a nice short form, easy and energizing (his version anyway). It be interesting to compare it to other versions.

Michael

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this