Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

intensive pratice & life trials

Let me ask. Do you feel that intense pratice leads to "sudden severe happenings" in order to either dissolve your "karma more quickly" or to make you "see where you are"?

I think that every time I start to pratice more intensely or at least truly continuously, weird things start to happen.

I won't go into many details, but a few days ago a needle I just applied to a patients blood vessel moved out of the patient and jumped at my hand... (the patient was moving his arm and the needles we use are fixed to a flexible plastic tube that made it jump back and around towards me)... it "luckily" proved that the patient had no severe illnesses like HIV or Hepatitis...

and today a patient wished me a beautiful death in full traffic and looks towards making it impossible for me for getting a job in my country... now you got to know. I am not yet working at a psychiatry department, so this is no fun at all... although I was assured that there is no way he will have success and this is something we as doctors need to get used to...

so. How are your experiences? Do you feel that each time you start practicing more intensely more of that weird stuff happens?

just curious

Harry

a little irritated by todays happenings, but luckily not fully thrown out of track

Sorry to hear of the bad day.

I'm not sure if it is the same thing, but I know in the past when I would "push" my practice, I wouldn't be as in sych with things. Although I'd have intense experiences while in meditation or chi kung, I'd get into arguments with people, not do my job well etc.

The solution for me has benn to stop pushing the experience, and make life more of my practice, using the practice of Focusing and often being lead by it natually into a state of yuan chi.

But, there will always be people that hate other people, and no practice will change that.

Hope tomorrow is better.

Chris

Do you feel that intense pratice leads to "sudden severe happenings" in order to either dissolve your "karma more quickly" or to make you "see where you are"?

In my own case, this is pretty much a yes. Most of the time, I don't see an increase in "phenomena", although that sometimes happens. What usually happens when I meditate too much is that my imbalances start showing up in more obvious ways. Areas of personal resistance (deep, buried emotions, for instance, or personality patterns I normally keep under "control") seem to become empowered, and I'll act them out more regularly, or more forcefully with less control.

It's like these little shadows in the background get intensified by doing practices regularly. I used to deal with this by freaking out and stopping practices altogether for months or years, until the "charge" bled away and I was ready to deal with the part of my shadow that became apparent. I try to see it more as feedback now. When that stuff comes up, I have to take a look at what might need more balance. Am I ignoring the physical stuff (and in what way?) Do I need to drift back into fusion work to resolve a new layer of the emotional onion? How can I shift practice to heal this?

When I consider what appears to have happened with Yudelove and RJ (in the cybertaoist appreciation thread) sometimes I'm glad I didn't have the raw will & discipline to continue with a particular practice until it.. well, becomes an apparent liability.

I think that every time I start to pratice more intensely or at least truly continuously, weird things start to happen.

10164[/snapback]

yes.

the practices i do are to learn to engage and utilise the sixth sense as the sensory able to understand the universe (do you think the universe speaks in words for your ears to hear? that you can see it with your eyes? touch it? taste it? smell it? no.... it's so much more vast than that).

periods when you are practicing intensely, your tonal or vibrational level is increasing and as such you will be able to witness much more strange phenomenon or even create them yourself. you are seperating yourself from the pull of the earth vibration, which is what holds this mundane reality together.

when i practice intensely i begin to be able to 'feel' the particular energy of a place i go very strongly. occassionally have seen ghosts/spirits/interdimensional entities (i was followed by one on a hike in the mountains one time recently - no bullshit here). have weird telepathic communications with friends. stuff like that.

but if my practice slackens, so to do the phenomenon as i get sucked back into the 'doe' or vibrational level of this planet. the tone that causes everyone to run around with their heads up their bums! hahaha.

although i must admit, i have never had anyone wish me death in traffic. it's usually good stuff that happens to me when i practice intensely.

i don't believe in karma, not the way it's commonly spoken about anyway.

Thing is. Even after reflecting on it for a while and rereliving the whole scenery over and over again I come to the conclusion that I did not caus this specific situation in the very mundane down to earth sense: I pratice a lot, more of my own inner balance shows up and makes me behave "silly" or "inappropriate"...

What irritates me most is that the two cases (and other instances in the past that seem to be at least somehow correlated to this practice thingy...) are WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY over my head and so out of control...

10182[/snapback]

Harry,

I too have had occasions where the "coincidence" gets a bit thick and sometimes scary - where mundane, down-to-earth causality seems to say that there is no relationship but still... These times seem to be somehow related to practices or other means of opening awareness to other than the standard Western consensus reality.

This conversation reminded me of a story I remembered reading about Jung and Freud so with a dash of Google I found this article, which reminded me that with these practices I am playing in a different league where the world view (I Ching) supposes a different interrelationshp between the parts of the Dao.

Oh, yeah. That's what I'm up to...

RedFox said:

It's like these little shadows in the background get intensified by doing practices regularly. I used to deal with this by freaking out and stopping practices altogether for months or years, until the "charge" bled away and I was ready to deal with the part of my shadow that became apparent. I try to see it more as feedback now. When that stuff comes up, I have to take a look at what might need more balance. Am I ignoring the physical stuff (and in what way?) Do I need to drift back into fusion work to resolve a new layer of the emotional onion? How can I shift practice to heal this?

This sounds very familiar. In the past I have backed off from too much strangeness - whatever that was at the time - rather than treat it as an opportunity to find a new balance. This inspires me to take a different look at things when the going gets weird.

Of course, it's just a coincidence that this discussion came up now as I am reevaluating my course of practice for the next period of time. B)

All the best,

Charlie

Harry,

there are many issues here imo. One is excessive energy cultivation without enough meditation (or happiness) makes one freaky and aggressive like Yudelove and RJ. Energy cultivation brings in lots of energy on many levels but it's out of control and leads to bad luck and extreme phenomenon. And Yudelove and RJ have excellent energy practices too--they didn't make the mistake of sending energy upwards without sending it downwards to balance things. RJ even ran a lot to burn off excessive energy but even still, he had too much aggression to stay in the polite society of taobums.

Every time I've gone into high energy practices iin the past like standing, retention, and sungazing things get pretty freaky and I've had to back off for the sake of basic sanity. Also, synchronicities would start to go against me like in your experience. I think that aspect is what set off RJ and Yudelove. That's what pisses me off the most. It feels like the gods are out to get me. In my line of work, I make tons of sales when I do too much high energy practice, but they all fall apart. It's worse than simply doing nothing at all.

What I've found to engage in high energy practice, you must have synchronicity on your side and to do that, it is important to be very happy and/or to meditate. I've heard it said by many teachers not to do energy practices if you are negative and I've found that advice to be very true... you simply fan a flame that isn't serving you.

Meditation will supply the yin of bliss, allowing, non-effort, peace etc so make sure your meditation practice is like that as much as possible. If you are drawn to the zhuni mantra, make sure it's blissful and peaceful. If it isn't, then maybe do 10 minutes of the mantra followed by 10 minutes of blissful sitting in the afterglow of it. Or lie down to relax the body more to catch the afterglow for awhile.

Once synchronicity becomes pleasant, then ramp up the energy stuff so life can be weird and fun at the same time.

I've learned this in the last few months from ayp and has been working like a charm thus far. I'm selling and the deals are closing. Not that my line of work is as important as yours, but still it's a good feedback loop for me.

And finally, insane people are nuts. From what I've heard, they really know how to get under your skin. My cousin had to get out of the nutter business after a few years. Try to view their lives as a constructive use of the lifeforce instead of being a total waste for themselves and society. If you can see the positive aspects of what they are doing on an energy level for both themselves as well as for society at large, you won't bathe your system in as much aggression and will better be able to communicate with them. We desparately need people who don't follow society's script. They crack open the door. Take advantage of that energy if you can, have fun with them, and it'll be very nurishing for you. But if you can't... get the hell out of Dodge, if you fight it it will tear you up and screw up your life. My cousin is glad she left and she said most of the staff had stress related health problems after a couple of years there. Ulcers were common. This was in California.

-Yoda

Thankx very much Charlie, Yoda & my dear cat :D

All of your thoughts are well taken care of and will be reflected on.

I still wonder if those trials are mainly there to make you see where you are in your development. I have thought about the DaLaiLama and his country and wonder if it is merely their bad Karma of past that lets them face the situation of past and present, or if it is basically a situation giving to them to help them see the stage of their development.

Without those trials, would we know how stable or "happy" or "at peace" we are?

I suppose not...

with those thoughts I am wishing all of you dear girls and guys a beautiful turn into the New Year which shall be prosperous for you in every possible way :D

Harry

I had a conversation with a Cincinnati instructor/enthusiast a few days ago that involved the scenario of overcoming distraction and destructive intention (most often taking the form of criticism and negative interaction)

He made a very good point in the midst: That experienced masters and ignorant meandering fellow man are equally important and they both have something to teach us. Masters take the position of improving on honed skill and knowledge whilst the other take the duty of reflecting what you've already earned. When face to face with them, you are challenged in dealing with them in a refined way-hopefully after you are not "thrown off track" and keep your balance, like our friend Harry has so done himself recently, am I right? B) and if you have done well, perhaps this part of you will be desired in the one that tried to break it down in the first place?? Interesting thought there...just thought I would throw it out...

The more you practice ethics, meditation, and wisdom, the more difficult it will become for you to act in a way that is contrary to an ethical, compassionate attitude. But you must take heed in that when effort is too strenuous it leads to strain and when too slack to laziness. I found it best to make a firm determination to adopt the middle path, not allowing yourself to struggle or to slacken, but recognizing a thousands things that are the fruits of a calm and equable way. That magnificent escape from anguish and ignorance never happens by accident. It results from the brave and sometimes lonely battle of one person against their own weaknesses.

And here's a small exerpt from the Dalai (sorry, couldn't help myself it just fits)

Now, there are many, many people in the world, but relatively few with whom we interact, and even fewer who cause us problems. So, when you come across such a chance for practicing patience and tolerance, you should treat it with gratitude. It is rare. Just as having unexpectedly found a treasure in your own house, you should be happy and grateful to your enemy for providing that precious opportunity.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Just as a monkey roaming through the forest grabs hold of one branch, lets that go and grabs another, then lets go and grabs still another, so too that which is called "mind" and "mentality" and "consciousness" arises as one thing and ceases as another by day and by night,

-M

Your words are deep and that statement of the DalaiLama... it really fits and I will take it into the New Year as major insight...

a beautiful one to you

Harry

actually it is also a  practical opportunity of watching that your liver energy  ( or/and  kidney energy) doesnt rise in an unconscious reflex action when you are provoked/attacked.

It really helps to be consciously aware of those  energies at such times and to 'recondition' them not to leap up at such times. Really use your intention to keep them grounded in thier own locations. At such times I have also had a kind word with my adrenals and mentioned that they can relax. all is well, no  worries. type thing.

In this way you give  out no signals of receiving the attack. it is like an energy field Tai Chi in which the attacker slides past you and falls  to the floor...

10208[/snapback]

Well. I can hardly disagree that my liver energy might have flared up... a little :rolleyes:

but I wonder what we are supposed to do. Only because we are on a path of compassion or whatever does not "allow" us to sit back and let others play games with us... does it? The only thing I can do is see how my inner level of stability & peace is... but I still have to express my thoughts about situations... if somebody appears agressive to you, how do you react?

If you tell the person that you feel unnecessarily threatened, this might hurt that person'S way of feeling, If you leave the situation it could make the person more aggressive, if you are compassionate the person might get furious...

whatever my liver energy does...

:blink:

Harry

hi neimad.

about those trapped astral beings. I've done a bit of work  with shamen on freeing the dead, and really it isnt as complex as being their therapist. It's pretty much as easy as  giving them  permission to shift, and maybe helping them realise they are 'dead' and  it is appropriate to disperse and it will be good for them. If you have a sense of love and freedom in your heart while transmitting this to them, it usually works, at least in my  experiences, so far.

(fingers crossed behind back.)

10231[/snapback]

that's kinda what i meant.

by being a therapist it's kinda like that.... helping them to realise they are trapped and getting them to give themselves permission to shift.

i don't believe we have the right to give them permission.... they (like everyone else) need to realise that it's our own choice and we are stuck in whatever we are in life because we cannot let go, not because we don't have permission.

but yeah, we are on the same wavelength here i think.

The more you practice ethics, meditation, and wisdom, the more difficult it will become for you to act in a way that is contrary to an ethical, compassionate attitude.

So true. Miss one and you miss everything.

Sign in to follow this