Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

On 5/1/2018 at 4:27 PM, ridingtheox said:

yup  and my hair is darker  the white receding in most places.   beard?  i meam suddenly getting beard where none grew  not lots but some and my nails are definitely growing faster especially toe nails. 

I am now at day 51 of my short standing meditation 'gong'  half way point.   This year my allergies are virtually non-existent compared to a few years ago and other folks are saying this is a particularly bad year in Arizona.  I am hurtling toward 78 yr and have number of people asking how is that possible 60's max! 

Right now I am also doing some bone marrow cleansing exercises along with simple 5 element ...  practice intensely people this WORKS. 

Peace please 

ridingtheox ...

Hi Charlie,

I missed this posting earlier. 
Glad to hear that you've experienced similar rejuvenation from your FP Qigong practice with the same visible signs.  I got over all my the allergies of my first 25 years of life when I completed training in the entire Tao Tan Pai Nei Gung system around 1982 and had practiced its three capstone meditations solidly for about 8 years from 1982 to 1990.  I remember that I used to be allergic to horse piss (because during horse trips in Utah and Colorado, in the mornings when we'd saddle up (and the horses would always piss on their ropes overnight), I was just wheezing and tearing and almost going blind.  But by the 1990's, during horse trips in the same region with the same friends and outfitters, no problem whatsoever with horse piss.  Now that's what I call evolution.  

Then when GM Doo Wai came into my life and taught me the FP Qigong starting in 1991, as I think I've mentioned several times on this thread, the effects were FAST and profound because I had the Tao Tan Pai already established PLUS he personally initiated each of us (at least 2 others that I witnessed) with a personal transmittance of energy that raised or "stretched" the energy capacity of our bodies to an indescribable degree.  Then we would still have to do the FP and other practices to "fill"  and mantain that capacity to carry Qi to peak levels.

Yup. From 1990 through 2010 (when i was age 45 to 55), my hair remained jet black even though many friends my age--even those who practiced Chinese internal martial arts and qigong--started getting a lot of gray hair, dry skin, joint problems, muscle atrophy, and other more subtle signs of aging when they hit about 53.  But then I encountered major, major with a big litigation against a film studio from 2010-2014, my normal work hours, sleep, and Tai Chi/Kung Fu/Qigong practice routines, got disturbed and became  very, very irregular.   (see this link for the ugly background details/facts:  http://www.kungfupandalawsuit.com/Timeline_Hotspots_New.html ).   As result of the high stress day to day for 4+ solid years, I got lot of gray hair and beard that i considered to be way too sudden and pre-mature.  So I would intensify my FP Qigong practice each time there was noticeably new gray hair, and that would "beat back down" the gray level on a cyclical basis. But 2015 was a big turnaround year of practice for me because the stress of the litigation started to lift.  I did FP Long Form Standing an average of every other day, at least 3 MSW seated meditations each time I practiced, and I would do 9 of the 54 Meditations from the 10,000 Buddhas' Meditations System every other day, plus 4 to 5 Eight Sections of Energy Kung Fu Forms at least 4 times a week.  Certain days I would practice all 8 BDG (8 Sections) forms, which would take 3 hours.

Fortunately, over the past 3 years, hair growth all-over  has been restored to its natural color--through regular daily practice of FP Qigong levels, related Bok Fu Pai arts like 10,000 Buddhas Meditations, Tao Tan Pai Nei Kuing-- ranging between one hour to 3 hours a day--no including time spent teaching.  There's just one  tiny stand of hair that stays gray, which is the spot where the very first greying started about 8 years ago.  And just today, I was talking to a young police officer (2 years on the job) watching over the weekly Farmer's Market in Lenox, MA and after talking about police training for a while (one of my favorite civic-minded topics) he was gobsmacked when I told him how hold i was.  He said he thought i was in my early 40's.  I said "bless your soul."  and "Hey, my stuff works."

In general, on any day when I practice either Moonbeam or the FPHHCM Long Form, and 2 or 3 MSW seatedl meditations,  I  actually feel that my body is getting younger, or let's say fresher, more pristine.   And skin, especially on the face gets smoother and wrinkles (that appear from lack of sleep and oxidants like alcohol--I still like a good glass of wine with dinner sometimes ) disappear just over the period of practice.  The same has been reported by students in my 120-minute FP Class for beginners  that  I teach at various venues in the Berkshires and in L.A.

Anyway, Charlie, enjoy your marrow cleansing.  And keep those toe- and finger-nails growing super-fast!

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 7

On 5/20/2018 at 8:43 PM, BluePhoenix133 said:

Just did the first med on volume 5, as soon as i went into the first position i felt this lovely energy in the right side of my brain more in the middle slightly down...felt so good so i just stood like that for a while.

I take it there is no set time for how long you take to do a meditation or how long you stay in a certain position?

Hi Blue Phoenix,

Correct, with any of the FP standing meditations, you can hold stationary some or all of the intermediate positions for however long feels right to you. especially when you're doing the movement sequences at the "speed of a shifting sand dune."  As a matter of fact, about 6 months ago, I gave instructions to three of my private students in Asia that I teach via Skype to do the Vol.5 90-second "flash" meditations as slowly as possible, taking up to 4-5 minutes.  In FP Qigong, the rule of thumb is SLOWER IS BETTER.

Thanks for sharing your " blessing water" focus the Vol.5 meditation's mudras that you say you do naturally.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24.5.2018 at 7:38 PM, tao stillness said:

Thank you Sifu Terry for sharing your experience with angels. From that I would conclude that angels can appear in various forms but perhaps regardless of their visual appearance, the constants with each experience with them is the Divine Light/energy and the feeling of Divine love? 

I concur to that. Thank you very much Sifu Terry for your inspiring posts and stories. I would love to hear more of your experiences. To me it is inspiring and shows that life is a beautiful mystery... 

So, how did you meet with the angel in human form? When you spoke about walking with him or sleeping on a mattress on which he slept before it felt like he was a friend of you, who you have known for long. 

Greetings

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 4:03 AM, Joolian said:

I concur to that. Thank you very much Sifu Terry for your inspiring posts and stories. I would love to hear more of your experiences. To me it is inspiring and shows that life is a beautiful mystery... 

So, how did you meet with the angel in human form? When you spoke about walking with him or sleeping on a mattress on which he slept before it felt like he was a friend of you, who you have known for long. 

Greetings

Hi Joolian,

Normally I keep such experiences to myself.  But  because Tao Stillness (Steve Mehl) is a dedicated FP practitioner and a staunch ally who has contributed to this discussion for many  years and has seen a lot in his lifetime... I decided to share. 

To answer your question:  I met my very blessed and highly commissioned friend through a student of mine, a well known actor-director, in Los Angeles during the early 1990's.  Since then, this person who leaves lasting positive energy and good karma wherever he goes has been my best friend and guide in all things supramundane and mundane.  Because the Taoist and Buddhist monastic arts that I preserve and teach are holistic yogas that actually work and effectively support and facilitate the evolution of consciousness (besides ensuring good health and longevity) that prepares one for spiritual edification, he helps me to clear my path whenever major obstructions rise up---i.e., when strong evil is encountered, which is not very often, thank God.

Greetings,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zen-bear said:

Hi Joolian,

Normally I keep such experiences to myself.  But  because Tao Stillness (Steve Mehl) is a dedicated FP practitioner and a staunch ally who has contributed to this discussion for many  years and has seen a lot in his lifetime... I decided to share. 

To answer your question:  I met my very blessed and highly commissioned friend through a student of mine, a well known actor-director, in Los Angeles during the early 1990's.  Since then, this person who leaves lasting positive energy and good karma wherever he goes has been my best friend and guide in all things supramundane and mundane.  Because the Taoist and Buddhist monastic arts that I preserve and teach are holistic yogas that actually work and effectively support and facilitate the evolution of consciousness (besides ensuring good health and longevity) that prepares one for spiritual edification, he helps me to clear my path whenever obstructions arise.

Greetings,

Sifu Terry

Very cool, thank you very much for answering, Sifu Terry. 

For another topic, has anyone else experienced seeing the blue light /FP energy on the body while walking? For example after a FP session it sometimes happened that I saw blue energy on the tips of my feet or knees while walking down stairs and looking down. Hard to describe, sorry, but maybe someone noticed the same... 

Greetings 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joolian said:

For another topic, has anyone else experienced seeing the blue light /FP energy on the body while walking? For example after a FP session it sometimes happened that I saw blue energy on the tips of my feet or knees while walking down stairs and looking down. Hard to describe, sorry, but maybe someone noticed the same... 

Greetings 

Yes, I do see this often too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2018 at 2:08 PM, Joolian said:

Greetings 

Yes, Hi Joolian  I see flashes of blue randomly here and there.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone

I have been gone for very long, mostly due to my lower abdomen issue (which is a gastro-intestinal one) and an recent operation related to it.

This illness has been largely responsible for tiring me out and keeping me out of practice.

With a recent increase in energy, I have been able to do much more and have come back to FPCK practice.

I am not completely healed, but doing so much better. The start of my healing was due to the taking up of Cross Training at the gym in October 2017, which drastically improved my health (read: flexibility, muscular endurance , cardio and squats especially). I got so fit that a huge improvement came about, and I lost the ten kilos I had put on since being sick.

The point I wanted to make today, is that now that I am fitter and more agile, my FPCK sessions have been more surprising even than my previous ones when I started.

For example, I used to be guided into a weird contortion when doing Monk Holding Peach, targeting my ailment.

I find that when I don't have time to get to Monk Holding Peach specifically, I get the same contortion with Monk Gazing at the Moon.

Yes, it goes where it needs to go.

Not only this, but I am guided after my session into the most surprising and beneficial stretches, that I would never have come up with myself. The type that progresses into what I see trained yogis doing. The progress in just one session is quite remarkable, I didn't know I could do those things. I think it probably works best when the session is still fresh.

Thank you so much Sifu Terry for bringing this into my life, even though I am not the most consistent or advanced practitioner.

The little I do goes a very long way.

Cheers

A_B

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 4:14 AM, Astral_butterfly said:

Hi Everyone

I have been gone for very long, mostly due to my lower abdomen issue (which is a gastro-intestinal one) and an recent operation related to it.

This illness has been largely responsible for tiring me out and keeping me out of practice.

With a recent increase in energy, I have been able to do much more and have come back to FPCK practice.

I am not completely healed, but doing so much better. The start of my healing was due to the taking up of Cross Training at the gym in October 2017, which drastically improved my health (read: flexibility, muscular endurance , cardio and squats especially). I got so fit that a huge improvement came about, and I lost the ten kilos I had put on since being sick.

The point I wanted to make today, is that now that I am fitter and more agile, my FPCK sessions have been more surprising even than my previous ones when I started.

For example, I used to be guided into a weird contortion when doing Monk Holding Peach, targeting my ailment.

I find that when I don't have time to get to Monk Holding Peach specifically, I get the same contortion with Monk Gazing at the Moon.

Yes, it goes where it needs to go.

Not only this, but I am guided after my session into the most surprising and beneficial stretches, that I would never have come up with myself. The type that progresses into what I see trained yogis doing. The progress in just one session is quite remarkable, I didn't know I could do those things. I think it probably works best when the session is still fresh.

Thank you so much Sifu Terry for bringing this into my life, even though I am not the most consistent or advanced practitioner.

The little I do goes a very long way.

Cheers

A_B

Hi Astral B.,

I'm so glad to hear that you discovered the gym and I presume the world of aerobic exercise, which has strengthened you, taken weight off, made you more fit and agile, and given you lots more energy enabling you to do much more and come back to FP Qigong practice.  As I always tell my students in L.A. and now all over through Skype, "Continue with your seaonsal sports and aerobic exercise activities and keep doing them as much as you can."   Jogging, cycling, swimming, weight training, golf, tennis, sailing, skiing, etc.  I do a lot of cycling, hiking, and trail running whenever I can--in addition to Tai Chi, LHBF, 8 Sections, Tao Tan Pai, and Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu forms(!).  And as I presently am in a rural area, I do lots of hiking.

And I'm very glad to hear practicing the basic standing FP Qigong meditations have led you to do "contortions" and unique stretchings that you've found on your own.  Every FP practitioner sooner or later--normally sooner by all accounts (relative to other healing arts)-- enters that deep meditative  "zone" where the FP meditations activate the natural, intrinsic self-healing faculties of the body. It begins with the little vibrations and shakes that each standing meditation induces.  Then those spontaneous little shakes and shudders will increase to big gyrations, tossings,  and what you call "contortions."  They are all part of the FP healing process. 

I used to be guided into a weird contortion when doing Monk Holding Peach, targeting my ailment.

--And excellent that you experienced that the spontaneous contortions addressed your ailment.  Every practitioner responds differently to each of the FP Meditations, standing and seated.  But one universal "contortion" that most people experience when they practice "monk Holding Peach" --because the feet are spread far apart and the legs are straight with the knees locked--is the deep bending forward and folding over at the waist and bobbing back up to and past vertical  As I've described very early in this thread a bout my classes over the years, after about 10 minutes of Monk Holding Peach, at least half the class is in "full bobb":  bending torso forward to the horizontal and whipping back up so that it looks like they are vigorously praying in front of the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem (western wall of the Temple Mount).

Again, congrats on your breakthrough gained through your fitness regimen and the enhanced health benefits accruing from your FP practice.   You are most welcome!   Remember:  If a little bit goes a long way; then a little bit more goes a way long way! 

All Best,

Sifu Terry

• Like 2

Sifu Terry, I do a lot of training outside of FP and honestly recovery is better, yes, but can you please elaborate more on how FP affects our physical activity or how our physical activity affects FP? 

• Like 3

On 6/9/2018 at 10:32 PM, zen-bear said:

Hi Astral B.,

I'm so glad to hear that you discovered the gym and I presume the world of aerobic exercise, which has strengthened you, taken weight off, made you more fit and agile, and given you lots more energy enabling you to do much more and come back to FP Qigong practice.  As I always tell my students in L.A. and now all over through Skype, "Continue with your seaonsal sports and aerobic exercise activities and keep doing them as much as you can."   Jogging, cycling, swimming, weight training, golf, tennis, sailing, skiing, etc.  I do a lot of cycling, hiking, and trail running whenever I can--in addition to Tai Chi, LHBF, 8 Sections, Tao Tan Pai, and Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu forms(!).  And as I presently am in a rural area, I do lots of hiking.

Wow, this is great, it sounds exhilirating just readin it :)

Yes, I am squeezing in as much as I can whenever I can. whereas I said I had no time before, now I create time whenever possible, and when I really can't, I don't do the warm up and just grab 5 to 10 minutes to squeeze a session in.

So much has happened since I have done this and I feel a huge internal transformation coming about.

Will keep you posted if there is more progress.

All my best

A_B

now at day 95 ...  of 108   this has been a great journey  still running about 35 min / 5 practices mostly divided into two sections

3 - 4 of the 5 very early am time then finishing the last 2  around mid morning

i admit that i am ready to complete this 'gong'  and take an eclectic break  ... more 5 element practice,  some marrow cleansing, etc

plus m y  long form has not been quite as regularly  performed as perhaps it had been in the past ..   as recently noted there have been some sensation experiences during long form even with the situation.

the regular practice has been a relief to the world / nation event  so that has been an unexpected benefit

• Like 2

Hello Sifu Terry.

I don't have a DVD player, so I'm curious if any of your videos are available for sale in a digital format?

• Like 2

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Sifu Terry does not currently have these in digital format, but as those are from a year or so ago, this may have changed, and in my personal classes with him, he has been working on it for a while, though his current priority take precedent over this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Sifu Terry does not currently have these in digital format, but as those are from a year or so ago, this may have changed, and in my personal classes with him, he has been working on it for a while, though his current priority take precedent over this. 

There are some good videos on youtube.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StormHealer said:

There are some good videos on youtube.  

The breath control sequence is the only thing missing, but Sifu Terry has mentioned these are good videos he took to show the ideal training speed.

• Like 1

two days to go ...  today  I added a  determinedly slow long form to the 5 short forms   Still only 37 minutes for the long form and very nearly the same for the series of short forms. 

Tomorrow is Friends Meeting for Worship ... I am carrying a heavy sense of injustice for the separation of asylum seekers and their children.   May  we find compassion for all beings.

Hoa binh  tat ca sinh vien

• Like 1

Hey there,

yesterday night, right before sleep, I had an amazing FP experience. I did the seated "Monk holding pearl" for maybe 15-20 minutes and got very very still - the breath slowed down strongly and it became very subtle. Then maybe after about 10-12 minutes my upper body began to first move clockwise for a while and then stopped. I then was moved very carefully and slowly in a kind of bowing sequence. My spine straightened very much, and my head was tilted upwards with the chin pointing to the sky at the start of the bow. This had me feeling a warm energy around my sacrum and going slowly up my back. This was my first time feeling that.

It went on and on for minutes. With every bow the energy went up my spine but halted at the base of my neck... If I wouldn't know it better I had the impression that the FP energy absolutely carefully tried to rise my kundalini energy - but I don't know for sure.

Thought I would share that quickly as it was a new sensation for me...

Greetings,

Julian

Edited by Joolian
  • Like 4

On 25.6.2018 at 11:22 AM, Joolian said:

Hey there,

yesterday night, right before sleep, I had an amazing FP experience. I did the seated "Monk holding pearl" for maybe 15-20 minutes and got very very still - the breath slowed down strongly and it became very subtle. Then maybe after about 10-12 minutes my upper body began to first move clockwise for a while and then stopped. I then was moved very carefully and slowly in a kind of bowing sequence. My spine straightened very much, and my head was tilted upwards with the chin pointing to the sky at the start of the bow. This had me feeling a warm energy around my sacrum and going slowly up my back. This was my first time feeling that.

It went on and on for minutes. With every bow the energy went up my spine but halted at the base of my neck... If I wouldn't know it better I had the impression that the FP energy absolutely carefully tried to rise my kundalini energy - but I don't know for sure.

Thought I would share that quickly as it was a new sensation for me...

Greetings,

Julian

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1979/cmar79/prano.shtml

might be helpful :)

• Thanks 1

Hey Phil, 

thank you, that helps :) I also didn't mean to imply that I surely was having anything kundalini related or knew everything about it. I was maybe mistaken by the warm energy using the same path. 

Greetings, 

Julian

• Like 1

Hello, i was just thinking about how sometimes when i do the meditations i dont always feel that much chi but later on i will feel the effects sometimes even the next day so even if your not aware of it it is doing something. Which also made me wonder, how much i feel is not the whole story of what is taking place energetically...also wonder if some people are able to feel it more than others.

There are also those who see auras which i cannot do.

I was doing either the second or third meditation on DVD 5 short forms and on the last movement where you lower your arms with them fully stretched out it was like i hit a cloud of chi about half way down as if it was already there... i felt it more on my right arm.

Sure there was something else i wanted to mention but i forget :P

Oh yeah, on the last bit of meditation four DVD 5 short forms you hold your arms out palm facing each other as if holding a ball... in the instructions Terry says to focus so i just assumed he meant imagine a ball so i imagined a blue ball of energy and it seem to increas the flying phoenix chi which i also felt more in other parts of my body.

I wonder if this would be a way for me to do healings on people by imaging blue blue energy coming from my hands... i dunno though im not sure it would be that effective, for me at least.

Edited by BluePhoenix133

On 6/19/2018 at 1:17 AM, Maybe said:

Hello Sifu Terry.

I don't have a DVD player, so I'm curious if any of your videos are available for sale in a digital format?

Hi Maybe,

I'm sorry to say that I don't have digital versions of my programs for downloading.  I'm teaching lots of workshops in the northeast and writing 3 books, including the one mentioned here on this thread about Fp Qigong.  I've just starting to build a destination website that will provide streamable videos by subscribers.  But this is still a long ways off before it goes online.  In the meantime, DVD players are dirt-cheap and dime a dozen--almost.  More like $50-$60.  Might be worth biting the bullet on one.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

• Like 3

On 6/23/2018 at 8:26 PM, ridingtheox said:

two days to go ...  today  I added a  determinedly slow long form to the 5 short forms   Still only 37 minutes for the long form and very nearly the same for the series of short forms. 

Tomorrow is Friends Meeting for Worship ... I am carrying a heavy sense of injustice for the separation of asylum seekers and their children.   May  we find compassion for all beings.

Hoa binh  tat ca sinh vien

Hi Charlie,

37 minutes. That is still awesome time achieved for the Long Form Standing Meditation.

I know this off-thread topic, but I hope you find solace and comfort and some path to constructive action to end this atrocious policy at your Friends Meeting.  I have been aghast from the second I heard about this atrocity committed against asylum seekers and their poor helpless children.  I defer to the full gravity of David Bowie's lyric from the 80's--that "This is not America."

As for me, I rarely vent my frustrations publicly.  But when they reached such an extreme level with this child separation at the border fiasco, I let loose on Facebook to whoever is following. And then I quickly got on with my work.  Besides praying that the deplorably ignorant,  blind and wickedly gleeful haters in our government somehow find their moral compass, common sense and the minutest sense of decemcy. compassion and  understanding of the Golden Rule--let alone the Constitution--when it comes to dealing with illegal immigrants, I vented my anger at the pure stupidity of the policy--let alone the diabolical cruelty of separating children from their parents without a reliable plan or system to reunite them after the parents are forced to sign voluntary deportation orders:

"GOP QUIZLINGS in Congress--all pious fakes with your family values, you should be very proud of yourselves. Not just are you standing by and enabling your Lord Commander Marmalade to traumatize children needlessly during all stages of childhood and adolescent development--with lasting and in many cases irreparable damage, but  a few of these separated from their parents and perhaps lost to them will grow up to become terrorists with raging hatred against America and Americans--not to mention what their parents might be transformed into.

And the science is in--as explained by Dr. Colleen Kraft, president of American Academy of Pediatrics.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/pediatric-doctor-says-separating-families-at-border-is-a-form-of-child-abuse/

Your karmic retribution has been well-earned, you vicious cowards. Have fun trying to find your own accursed children in this lifetime and all future incarnations...because karmic kickback for this type mass infliction of life-long pain is an aeonic BITCH, you pathetic monkeys."

STD

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Dear Sifu Terry

My daughter is six years old and very interested in starting Kung Fu training in a nearby Wushu school in September.

She also wants to improve her splits as it is a thing with all her little friends and cousins, particularly as she has had gymnastics classes for two years and still cannot get there fully. I don't want her to stretch every day like her friends and risk injury as I cannot evaluate if her stretch pain is normal, or real and unnatural pain related to over-extension so I want a gentler approach for her.

Can she do the Wind above the Clouds at her age to open up the hips? If she expresses interest in doing more exercises (including those with breath sequence) on the DVD, can I allow her her to learn?

Thank you!

A_B

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1