Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

2 hours ago, BluePhoenix133 said:

Riding the ox, what meditations are you doing? Do you mean the short form 90 seconds power meditations on volume 5?

I myself was thinking of only doing 3 meditations a day but always different so i cycle through all of them, that way i dont put a burden on myself to do too much but also because i have trouble sleeping too much fp probably doesnt help. But perhaps i should give what your doing a try.

Yes i am doing the short form 5 ...  I do all of them  every day ... sometimes 2x.   on the days i don't do 2x  i try to do  the long form

the time is about one hour broken into two sessions  in either case ... as noted here previously  i have hit 40 min on the long form a couple of times recently but mostly 30 min

Sleeping is a bit of a problem for me still 'old man bladder' issues and that has decreased in frequency of late .      I credit FP for this

btw  i also occasionally do a couple of the seated  forms   50 20 10 and 70 50 20 10  most often late evening or middle of the night when i can not slip right back to sleep.

good luck  persistent practice pattern  pays off  with FPCH

• Like 3

For some reason i never do the 90 seconds meditation, but i tried it a few days ago and i felt great for days which i think was due to those meditations.

Doing it everyday seems a bit much but if its working for you why not, they are short after all. Still i wonder if doing fp everyday is a good thing, i was thinking of having sundays as a day of rest, might actually help the energy integrate better... but i dunno.

Im constantly trying to battle my sleeping pattern, tired of being nocturnal especially now the weather is so nice. But if i do flying phoenix later im just so full of energy and find it difficult to sleep, the sleep meditation on DVD 7 actually wakes me up if anything it seems.

• Like 1

Hello, everyone. I appreciate this forum and everyone's input over the years. 

About 4 years ago Flying Phoenix was a part of a healing protocol I put together to get rid of anxiety, which came on after a gut issue. FP was an important part in healing my body. Well, I'm getting over another gut issue and feeling good, thanks to FP and other things. All I'm doing is the complete first volume every night before bed... 

The gut issue recently was so bad that I dropped 15 pounds in two weeks and my hair started shedding. My gut wasn't absorbing nutrients very well. However, I'm gaining my weight back and my hair has stopped shedding as much. There are tons of new hairs which tells me my gut has healed to the point where it's taking in nutrients well. 

My question for you all...

If you had all the FP videos and taylored your own 30 minute routine every night, which exercises would you put together to continue to heal your gut and calm the sympathetic system(fight, fight response).

Thank you in advance.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2018 at 10:34 PM, leviticus said:

Hello, everyone. I appreciate this forum and everyone's input over the years. 

About 4 years ago Flying Phoenix was a part of a healing protocol I put together to get rid of anxiety, which came on after a gut issue. FP was an important part in healing my body. Well, I'm getting over another gut issue and feeling good, thanks to FP and other things. All I'm doing is the complete first volume every night before bed... 

The gut issue recently was so bad that I dropped 15 pounds in two weeks and my hair started shedding. My gut wasn't absorbing nutrients very well. However, I'm gaining my weight back and my hair has stopped shedding as much. There are tons of new hairs which tells me my gut has healed to the point where it's taking in nutrients well. 

My question for you all...

If you had all the FP videos and taylored your own 30 minute routine every night, which exercises would you put together to continue to heal your gut and calm the sympathetic system(fight, fight response).

Thank you in advance.

Hello

As one of the alternatives, this is working for me :

Learn about vayus in the body. Especially  work on  the corresponding vayus for digestion and elimination and see if they are intense or weak at the first place. Then B A L A N C E   all vayus. You can do that by means of corresponding mudras or forms daily, for at least 15 minutes for each of them. In my case problem came from less Water element than others. If you decide to use mudras only use vayu mudras, be cautius and very sceptic and very observant.

I don’t have a link to a web site for that. Do your own study.

Also do Monk Holding Pearl daily or any FP med as well for shielding any strong effects. 

Be moderate, patient and observant and most of all intelligent in your practice. Healing is a long process. 

I wish you get well soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, im not sure which meditations would help but i have IBS which is pretty much cured now despite having a certain addiction which is holding me back from being completely healed, in the past i had over come that for a time along with taking certain supplements and i was comepletely better...however i started doing silly things and it came back.

My body weight was as low as 10 stone 8 and im 6ft 3 but now im at 12 stone again. Before i had to beat this addiction something to do with serotonine depletion i bet, i also couldnt eat certain things. But i also took certain supplements, now i have found so many supplements that help that im better despite not conquering my addiction.

The first supplements i took were oceans alive phytoplankton, you should be able to find testimonials of people with digestive issues who say this stuff has helped, give you pretty much all the nutrition you need and is easy to absorb.

The second is symprove probiotics.

Now as for other supplements i have tried on and off. One is great lakes gelatin.

Another is something called shilajit, a more expensive alternative to phytoplankton.

I have also taken medicinal mushrooms, i believe lions mane and turkey tail were the ones that probably helped my gut.

I also tried CBD oil briefly but that actually made my IBS worse, it could help you but i recommend trying the first two supplements especially the phytoplankton.

Hhmmmm what else, bee pollen perhaps might have helped.

5 hours ago, BluePhoenix133 said:

Hi, im not sure which meditations would help but i have IBS which is pretty much cured now despite having a certain addiction which is holding me back from being completely healed, in the past i had over come that for a time along with taking certain supplements and i was comepletely better...however i started doing silly things and it came back.

My body weight was as low as 10 stone 8 and im 6ft 3 but now im at 12 stone again. Before i had to beat this addiction something to do with serotonine depletion i bet, i also couldnt eat certain things. But i also took certain supplements, now i have found so many supplements that help that im better despite not conquering my addiction.

The first supplements i took were oceans alive phytoplankton, you should be able to find testimonials of people with digestive issues who say this stuff has helped, give you pretty much all the nutrition you need and is easy to absorb.

The second is symprove probiotics.

Now as for other supplements i have tried on and off. One is great lakes gelatin.

Another is something called shilajit, a more expensive alternative to phytoplankton.

I have also taken medicinal mushrooms, i believe lions mane and turkey tail were the ones that probably helped my gut.

I also tried CBD oil briefly but that actually made my IBS worse, it could help you but i recommend trying the first two supplements especially the phytoplankton.

Hhmmmm what else, bee pollen perhaps might have helped.

Great Lakes Gelatin has been an important part of my healing the last two weeks. 

I feel that I have the supplements and diet honed in, although I'm always open to suggestions. 

I'm healing nicely with the Wim Hof technique, diet, supplements, infrared lights and the first volume of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. I'm feeling pushed to dive a little deeper into FPCK... 

Thank you for your input. 

• Like 3

Does anyone know this guy?

Lots of differences to Terrys Version.. but I like the phoenix in the background

Especially last 3rd totally different.. but FPCHCK was only taught by Doo Wai or am I wrong? How can this version be so different

Edited by phil
  • Thanks 1

I think I saw this video several years ago. All that comes to mind about why it is different is that Doo Wai made many videos of advanced chi kung forms and this fellow might have been able to learn from them. What I liked about it was that he did the movements slow enough so that you could follow what he was doing. When I watch Doo Wai do movements he does them so relatively fast that I am not sure what he is doing. 

currently at day 65 ...  standing short form 5   yesterday i had a short period of right ear hearing near loss to some sort of eustacian tuber issue ... today  back to near normal

peace to all

• Like 3

On 11/12/2016 at 12:45 AM, Vajra Fist said:

I asked Eric Isen to test Golden Phoenix when it came out. I had a dream I learned it from Sifu Christer. However he said:

"This Golden Flying Phoenix is OK but somewhat limited in what it would do for you. It would help the liver and have some good results with intuition.

"The Terry Dunn Flying Phoenix results in a more powerful movement of the Kundalini spiritual energy than this one and develops the power 3rd chakra in you quite powerfully."

Bear in mind though it's a personal reading.

Hi Vajra,

I recently got back here at daobums. As you know there are 3 groups of GFP meditations. Each group consist of 6 meditations. Christer is only teaching/instructing only 1 meditation of the 6 meditations (1 group) on his DVD/video. And the rest of the meds, are only available thru skype private instructions.

I am fortunate that I have all of 18 Meditations of Golden Flying Phoenix  (6 meditations per group--3 groups), all in one video. I tell you that GM Doo Wai, hand movements are not sharp, it's a bit like a demo vid. however watching closely the rise and fall, I did manage to do one meditation. it's the 4th meditation of the first group. Why the 4th? because it has only few hand movements, and I was trying to find out if I can do it and elicit the GFP chi. I can say even doing one meds of GFP has (also) powerful chi effects, as GM Doo Wai said, it is advanced. So right now I am doing just the 4th meditation. As GM Doo Wai said practice first each meditations, one by one,  before you do all meds of, a 1 group of meditations.

It would be interesting what eric can say about the complete group of meditations. 

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 3

Im practicing volume 5 atm, it just occured to me that sometimes i like to put my index finger and thumb together on my left hand. Then hold it over my right shoulder, i started doing this before i ever practiced the 90 second power meditations. The first meditation this is the second position, i just felt really good to do... make me wonder why though.

I think i mainly started doing it when i bless my water, saw some guy on youtube saying if your holding water bless it with the hand your not holding it with by joining the tumb and index finger and holding near the water. I do this whilst trying to love the water with my intent, this usually get my chi going and it just felt good to hold over my right shoulder.

Just thought i'd share that, makes me wish i could see what was going on energetically instead of just feel it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just did the first med on volume 5, as soon as i went into the first position i felt this lovely energy in the right side of my brain more in the middle slightly down...felt so good so i just stood like that for a while.

I take it there is no set time for how long you take to do a meditation or how long you stay in a certain position?

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 2:18 PM, tao stillness said:

As far as the airliner goes, those who have true sight claim that angels do not have wings but are seen as light. People who have had NDEs also report this. But a great photo anyway. 

Hi Steve,

I have seen one angel in my lifetime--fortunately on a recurring basis-since 1994.  It happened to be in human form.  No wings.  But with an energy field and aura extending beyond 8 inches from all surfaces of his body (it was a he on this plane),  And this energy field was so dense in that particular moment when he allowed me to experience it that I would have burned myself irreparably had I moved my hand closer to his skin.  No, he was not Chinese. 

On occasions when I sat in a chair right after he did, or laid on a mattress that he had been using for days before, my body was infused by a deeply sweet energy that is best described as "divine" and in the case of the mattress, dreams of absolutely unique and new content came, lucidity in dreamstate was enhanced to levels never experienced before, the simplest of foods shared at the same table with him tasted better than anything I had had before, and the wine (of brands and vintages that I knew well) each time tasted like incomparable heavenly nectar, and in watching him help and heal others, I felt the "passion" in compassion on a cellular level. 

Once, on the streets of New York City, where trouble comes looking for you, a couple of very destructive and demonic spirits automatically carom'd off the sidewalk at an angle and went across the street each time they came within 25 feet in front of us and that occurred only because I was with this person.

STD

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

...AND THIS IS ONE OF THE ADVANCED FLYING PHOENIX MEDITATIONS DONE IN A SET OF 18 REPETITIONS THAT WE GET TO ON THE THIRD DAY.  (FOOTAGE IS FROM WORKSHOP LAST AUGUST).  NOTE THE COUNTENANCES OF THE PRACTITIONERS AS THEY DO THIS MOVING MEDITATION:

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

And again, since it's Throwback Thursday, these are the two movements in the first third of the intermediate FP Meditation, "Moonbeam Splashes On Water" (90 60 50 20).  Footage taken last August at Eastover workshop.

Y'ALL SHOULD THINK ABOUT  PRACTICING THIS MOVING MEDITATION MUCH, MUCH MORE--AND AT THIS SPEED-- AND DERIVE ITS TERRIFIC BENEFITS, WHICH ALSO MAKES LEARNING THE VOL.4 LONG FORM STANDING MEDITATOIN, "FLYING PHOENIX HEAVENLY HEALING CHI MEDITATION" MUCH, MUCH EASIER.

• Like 2

Thank you Sifu Terry for sharing your experience with angels. From that I would conclude that angels can appear in various forms but perhaps regardless of their visual appearance, the constants with each experience with them is the Divine Light/energy and the feeling of Divine love? 

• Like 1

day 76 ... yesterday's practice especially energizing,  when i finished i brought up youtube 10 min version of Sifu Dunn's performance of the standing long form.   I mirrored the performance,  changed the speed to .75 and mirrored it again,  changed the speed to .5 and completed it again ... 45 minutes ( + short breaks in between).   By the end of this period FIRE ...  and METAL .    Later in the evening I did the long form normal style 30 min ...

lots of energy 

• Like 3

On 5/24/2018 at 1:20 PM, ridingtheox said:

day 76 ... yesterday's practice especially energizing,  when i finished i brought up youtube 10 min version of Sifu Dunn's performance of the standing long form.   I mirrored the performance,  changed the speed to .75 and mirrored it again,  changed the speed to .5 and completed it again ... 45 minutes ( + short breaks in between).   By the end of this period FIRE ...  and METAL .    Later in the evening I did the long form normal style 30 min ...

lots of energy 

Hi Charlie,
I'm so glad you've figured out how to play the training footage at different slower speeds and work your Long Form practice up to 45 min.!  -- and that the results you are describing are powerful.  Excellent that your "normal" style and speed is 30 min.

I work on doing the entire Long Form meditation with emphasis on relaxation relaxation, relaxation where I don't feel my body during the meditation.  While the FP Healing Energy is distinctively and exclusively a healing energy, the depth of relaxation also is enhanced and facilitated by the same principles of body mechanics/movement taught by high-level Tai Chi Chuan masters.

Glad you are enjoying the capstone cultivation.

Best,

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, tao stillness said:

Thank you Sifu Terry for sharing your experience with angels. From that I would conclude that angels can appear in various forms but perhaps regardless of their visual appearance, the constants with each experience with them is the Divine Light/energy and the feeling of Divine love? 

You're most welcome.  I figured it was time to relate my experience of one.

Best to you,

Sifu Terry