Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

GOOD QIGONG POSTURES -- are seen in more end-of-the-workshop photos of 
impromptu postures from "Wind Through Treetops", a moving Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Qi Meditation (taught on Volume 3 of the Chi Kung For Health DVD series).

THE NEXT EASTOVER WORKSHOP

22+ hours of sublime, transformative

Flying Phoenix Meditation is:

DECEMBER 1 - 3

http://www.eastover.com/workshop/flying-phoenix-qigong-with-master-terence-dunn.html

Fee for the workshop is only $295.

DSC01701.jpg

DSC01706.jpg

DSC01715_(2).jpg

Edited by zen-bear

As another reference, here is one more video clip from last week's 3-day immersive Flying Phoenix Qigong workshop at the Eastover Estate & Retreat in Lenox, MA:

This is Day Two's evening class during which I teach the sequential movements of "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" (on Volume 3 of the DVD series).  Day Three's afternoon class during which all the attendees are doing "Moonbeam" at super-slow speed with eyes closed was posted earlier above (Friday at 3:10 a.m.)

Show me your "Moonbeams"!

Sifu Terence Dunn

P.S. 

THE NEXT EASTOVER WORKSHOP

22+ hours of sublime, transformative

Flying Phoenix Meditation is:

DECEMBER 1 - 3

http://www.eastover.com/workshop/flying-phoenix-qigong-with-master-terence-dunn.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

On 7/19/2017 at 10:00 PM, Songshou said:

Hi! I'm new here, started some Flying Phoenix a few years ago but drifted away from it. At present I've re-learned all the basic standing and sitting meditations (they came back quickly), and the standing power meditations; and I'm learning the advanced sitting meds, too. The tangible FP energy started right up again as though it didn't need to get re-acquainted with me, :) The main thing now for me is just to learn to relax thoroughly and more thoroughly!....

Hi again!

Since I last posted, I don't believe I've missed a day of practicing FP. I've re-learned the meditations of Vol. 1 and 2, and I do the 3 MSW from Vol. 2 each day--I've started doing them in one sitting whenever possible. I'm working in more standing meditation practice, too.
Next step is to re-learn the flash meditations, and to start learning the movings meds of Vol. 3 & 4. I learn from watching a video over and over (and taking some written notes) until it sinks in; I may watch a meditation a dozen times before my body wants to try it. So I can start that process of watching/learning even while my eyes-closed meditations are from Vol. 1 & 2.
I am doing ONLY Flying Phoenix. The few BFP meds and the couple SYG meds I was doing are on hold (I can work them back in later as needed.) Aside from that I just continue my long-established mantra and contemplation practice of Kuan Yin, P'u Hsien, Wen Shu, and the Healing Brothers Yao Wang and Yao Shang.
I started sensing the blue light--by that I mean a subtle inner seeing and feeling, nothing dramatic.
On September 12 I'll be 64. I consider that a special age because of the 64 Hexagrams! :) 
Already I feel more relaxed in spirit and my body feels more calm and well. My only goal is to be saturated with the FP energy so that it can radiate from me and help others as the Spirit wills.
I think that's all for now!

Songshou 松手

P.S.  Many thanks again to Sifu Terry for making FP so easily available and for putting so much time in helping students "get it"!

Edited by Songshou
I ended up with 2 reply spaces so I put a P.S. in the second, blank, space.
  • Like 3

On 8/6/2017 at 11:54 AM, Songshou said:

Hello Songshou,

Welcome to the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung thread and community.

Glad to hear that you've drifted back into practice of FP Qigong.  this system will always take hold in your life when its needed and when you are ready for its almost instantly integrative effects.  the starter/instigator of this thread, "Fu_doggy", described the same relationship he had with FP Qigong.  But now they are one!

Next step is to re-learn the flash meditations, and to start learning the movings meds of Vol. 3 & 4. 

This order of learning is OK,  but it's more important to learn the 3 key moving meditations of Volumes 3 and 4.  Vol.4 Long form Standing Med. being the capstone exercise of the whole system.  Still no problem with establishing the 5 Flash meditations on Vol.5 at any time.

I learn from watching a video over and over (and taking some written notes) until it sinks in; I may watch a meditation a dozen times before my body wants to try it. So I can start that process of watching/learning even while my eyes-closed meditations are from Vol. 1 & 2.

Some people who are visually dominant can see a form and then emulate.  Or watch choreography over and over until it sinks in. The advantage of video is of course that you can view something ove rand over.  In the not too distant past, several of my kung fu teachers would just show us a form one time--once--and that was it.

I am doing ONLY Flying Phoenix. The few BFP meds and the couple SYG meds I was doing are on hold (I can work them back in later as needed.).  Aside from that I just continue my long-established mantra and contemplation practice of Kuan Yin, P'u Hsien, Wen Shu, and the Healing Brothers Yao Wang and Yao Shang.

Good to concentrate just on FP Qigong until you've gained solid proficiency in the system.  Thank you for sharing the details of your other practices.  I often use traditional mantras in Sankrit devoted to Kuan Yin.

I started sensing the blue light--by that I mean a subtle inner seeing and feeling, nothing dramatic.

The FP Blue Light will come when it comes.  Normally when you someone around you least expects it.

On September 12 I'll be 64. I consider that a special age because of the 64 Hexagrams! :) 

Happy month-before-your-64th "Before Completion" Birthday!

Sifu Terence Dunn

• Like 1

Hi Songshou, may i ask what is the ''long-established mantra and contemplation practice of Kuan Yin'' you practice?

I ask because i used to do white tara mantra and plan to again. But i heard Kuan Yin was associated with the flying phoenix and so perhaps that is more appropriate...but then again i heard that white tara and kuan yin might be connected, im still confused about that.

When i have done the flying phoenix in the past i got an image in my mind of what looked like kuan yin, standing up radiating white light but since i dont do anything associated with her or even back then know anything about her it was strange that her image appeared in my mind.

Edited by BluePhoenix133
  • Like 2

Hi Blue Phoenix!

In my experience, the white-robed Kuan Yin and the White Tara are two forms of the same Being (Chinese mode and Indo-Tibetan mode).  For that matter, Tibetan Buddhists often call Kuan Yin "Chinese Tara".
I don't know by any experience I've had who the "goddess" is who appeared to Feng Tao Te and gave him the FP practice. For myself, I first found FP not long after I made some significant vows to P'u Hsien, to whom Mt. Ermei is consecrated. But certainly I'm very close to Kuan Yin!
I've "downloaded" into me so many things about Kuan Yin over the last 30 years or so that's it's a challenge to say exactly what my practice is. But it includes the various aspects of her named in the esoteric tradition (i.e., her 42 saving powers, 10 hearts, 12 treasuries, 10 vows), various of her 33 manifestations. And various seed-syllables, and sacred animals, etc., associated with Kuan Yin and Tara. Also at times meditating on her 64 Changes (i.e., substituting the syllable or character "Kuan" for the solid line and "Yin" for the broken line.  Also using her longer name "Kuan Shih Yin" and substituting those characters for the solid, twice-broken, and broken lines of the 81 tetragrams.   Also since I meditate on the Tree of Life, placing most of these aspects of Kuan Yin on the Kabbalist Tree of Life as well.
So you see, I'm pretty well "marinated" in Kuan Yin, haha.  

Anyway, for me it's Tara/Kuan Yin, when Kuan Yin is experienced as Feminine.    --   Songshou

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing these videos with us Sifu Terry. I now understand what "move at the speed of a shifting sand dune" truly means. Doing one round of BTB in 5min = 90min for 18 rounds! Now thats some deep absorption! :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zen-bear said:

....Good to concentrate just on FP Qigong until you've gained solid proficiency in the system.  Thank you for sharing the details of your other practices.  I often use traditional mantras in Sankrit devoted to Kuan Yin....

Happy month-before-your-64th "Before Completion" Birthday!

-------------------------------

Thank you for your advice and good wishes, Sifu Dunn!

I'm aware of the Sanskrit mantras, probably. Certainly the Mani mantra. And then many devotees give the reconstructed Sanskrit of the Dharani of Great Compassion. I gravitated many years ago to the Padmasattva Dharani (same wording as the Vajrasattva Dharani so popular in Tibetan ritual but substitutes "padmasattva" and "padma" for vajrasattva and vajra.)  I remember years ago while living in Cambridge, MA and then in Denver, CO, I used to recite it over and over while waiting for the bus after work!

Back to Flying Phoenix practice, though. I've begun the process of learning Volume 3. And when the Labor Day weekend gets here, I'll have 5 days off total and plan to do my own "retreat' with those and other FP meditations.
I tend to keep track of repetitions with mantra syllables. I might use, for example, OM MA NI PAD ME HUM HRIH for the 7 Monk Serves Wine reps.  Or CHIU K'U CHIU NAN P'U SA LAI, one of the Chinese Kuan Yin formulas. Or NA MO TA PEI KUAN SHIH YIN (which precedes each of her 10 vows in the Dharani Sutra). It's just how I am able to keep concentrated and consecrated, instead of counting 1, 2, etc.
Anyway, I'll give you a progress report by and by! And thanks again.    Songshou  鬆手

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BluePhoenix133 said:

When i have done the flying phoenix in the past i got an image in my mind of what looked like kuan yin, standing up radiating white light but since i dont do anything associated with her or even back then know anything about her it was strange that her image appeared in my mind.

-------------------------

Yesterday I was contemplating all this, and that aspect of Kuan Yin called "Liu Li Kuan Yin" (Lapis-lazuli Kuan Yin; "Vaidurya" in Sanskrit) came strongly to mind. It is, in the traditional list of 33,

#23.  Liu Li Guan Yin lapis lazuli Kuan Yin - lapis is the color of healing and long life, signifying the Healing Buddhas and Bodhisattvas.

Lapis, of course, is deep-blue, sometimes with gold in it.

Just a nice thought! :) 

Edited by Songshou
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2017 at 11:41 AM, Songshou said:

Hello Songshou,

You are not the first to have visions of Buddhist iconography while practicing Flying Phoenix Qigong even though you don't or didn't know anything about Kuan Yin and was not at the time actively involved in anything having to do with Kuan Yin.  I recall that during the early months of the first year of this thread, two other subscribers posted accounts of the same thing.  One said something akin to:   "...strange, because I have no interest in Buddhism."

Once in a while, I will visualize, visit, and commune with Buddhist, Taoist, and "other" deities during FP meditation, as it is so very conducive to channeling.  My last significant channeling was last November, at the suggestion of my Tao Tan Pai classmate, and that was of George Washington, who I saw right up there with the Taoist pantheon.  Prior to that was one significant visitation about two years ago by my late senior school brother (Da Sihing) and the most influential teacher I had in Taoist Elixir Method Kung Fu, Nei Kung and healing methods, who taught me from the other side how to reach my karmic enemies anywhere on this earthplane with a very simple gesture made during his signature kung fu form.  But I have not had Buddhist entities "visit" me directly (on their own accord) or have Buddhist iconography appear to me in meditation for a very long time.

I had a different experience of the blue light cultivated by the FP Qigong system early today.  During my practice this morning (consisting of a 22-movement seated "Monk Serves Wine" Long Form (unpublished), then another unpublished 7-round MSW meditation with breathing 70 50 40 30 20 10, and then the Advanced MSW meditation on Volume 7 with breathing (80 70 50 30), then Wind Above the Clouds, Wind Through Treetops (2x), and the Vol.4 Long Form Standing meditation), I was sitting outdoors on the grass under a bright sun and the blue light started to fill my vision starting with the third repetition of that (80 70 50 30) seated meditations' choreography--from the bottom upward.  It was interesting because the sun was shining on my eyelids what my eyes saw was a dark red-brown color.  When the flourescent sky blue Flying PHoenix color manifested, it at first "clashed with the outer sunlight coming through my eyelids.  It seemed as though the flourescent sky blue immediately turned into a dark teal and floated  halfway up my "field of vision" with my eyes closed.  But then on the next round of the meditation, the blue/dark teal filled my entire field of vision and I saw all blue with a bright reddish brown behind it.

In all past meditation sessions when the blue light was "seen" internally, I was indoors without bright sunlight shining on my eyelids.  And the blue light was seen as a very bright fluorescent sky blue--just like the display on a dashboard of a particular brand of european sports cars, as I had described in Year One of this thread.

Good practicing to everyone.

Sifu Terence Dunn

P.S.  Please remember:  my next 22-hour  immersive workshop in  Flying Phoenix Qigong at Eastover Estate in Lenox, Mass. begins the evening of August 29:

http://www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-2.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Thank you Sifu Terry.

It is quite interesting how people see Kuan Yin (Avalokitesvara/Chenrizig) when FP seems to come from Samanthabhadra, the deity of Emei mountain. Is Avalokitesvara the main energy of FP then?

I haven't had much of visions of blue light yet, but maybe it's because I tend to somehow accidentally 'shut off' my eye sense, if that makes any sense. When I had an out-of-body experience a year back, I was also 'blind' but fully aware of everything around me in the sense that I could hear celestial music or 'know' that I was somewhere - that makes me wonder if my third-eye is restricted or something. I saw myself flip out of my body, but then it just went all 'blind' after that - or blackness. But for FP, I'm definitely feeling the huge bliss, almost as if I'm bathing in an internal fountain of ecstasy, really feels like I'm having a wonderful bath and soaking in the blissfulness.

Doing the FP exercises, I tend to get these jerks in my spine, as if I'm straightening up. I tried Volume Four Long Form again and I was a little confused - just to clarify - is the sequence 90 60 5 50 40 (as in the DVD) or 90 60 5 40 30 (as I saw somewhere on this thread)?

I tried to imagine myself relaxing so much that I moved as slow as possible, managed to get my Bending the Bows down to near 5 minutes, and one round of Volume 4 took about 20 minutes. One thing amazing about it was that I felt as if chi was penetrating much more when I moved very slowly. This also happened for the sitting meditations and I tried using the 'om ma ni pad me hum hrih' and it really helped with keep tracking of the number of reps I did.

Edited by taoguy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, taoguy said:

Hi Taoguy,

The "Om Ma Ni Pad Me Hum Hrih" (or another 7-syllable mantra) method was just my own suggestion rather than Sifu Terry's. It helps me a lot, and you just mentioned it helped you, too! :) 
Samantabhadra (or Puxian in Chinese) sometimes is visualized as feminine in Chinese Buddhism, but I don't think anywhere near as often as Avalokiteshvara is experienced as the feminine Kuan Yin. As of yet I haven't had a personal experience to show me who the Goddess or Bodhisattva is who revealed Flying Phoenix--maybe in time!    Songshou

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taoguy said:

. I tried Volume Four Long Form again and I was a little confused - just to clarify - is the sequence 90 60 5 50 40 (as in the DVD) or 90 60 5 40 30 (as I saw somewhere on this thread)?

This is something I've been meaning to ask for a long time as well. I think it was asked previously on the thread but wasn't answered afaik.

• Like 2

It is 90 60 5 50 40 as on the DVD. 

If you saw it as 90 60 5 50 30 on this thread, it is a typing error of whoever posted.

• Like 3

Ok, I'd rather sifu replied though as it was he that wrote the formula as 90 60 5 40 30 on page 6 of this thread and page 127.

On page 127 sifu confirms it as 90 60 5 50 40 as per the DVD and then corrects himself the following post as it being 90 60 5 40 30. It would be nice to clarify it as it's been bothering me for a while.

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 3

There are other practitioners here like Tao Stillness and Cihan who have been practicing a while and answer in place of Sifu Terry for other students, as Sifu Terry is often busy and confirms while also remaining patient for many of the same questions being asked and answered multiple times before throughout these 175 pages. :) 

I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you the breath control is that on the DVD and there have been typos before both by other students, Sifu Terry, and have all been corrected later on. Happy you're enjoying the long form. It's a personal favorite of mine. :) 

• Like 2

Hi!

I think I made good progress this weekend.  I have just 3 more (advanced) seated meditations to learn (I should know those by my birthday on Sept. 12) ; and I reviewed and now have down all the basic standing positions.
I'll practice everything I know each day this coming week, while I watch the 2 intermediate standing meditations and get prepared to learn them and add them to my practice.  Then in several weeks, on to the long form meditation!   :)

Edited by Songshou
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 0:56 AM, Earl Grey said:

It is 90 60 5 50 40 as on the DVD. 

If you saw it as 90 60 5 50 30 on this thread, it is a typing error of whoever posted.

Thanks, Earl Grey for the clarification.

That is the correct breath control sequence for the capstone meditation, FPHHCM, on Vol.4

Regards,

Sifu Terry

• Like 3

Hello to the Flying Phoenix Qigong community:

I wish to share this lovely and lively review/critique that I just received today from a recent workshop attendee, Haim Dotan, an Israeli architect and poet who was educated in the U.S. (went to USC) and now works in Shanghai teaching design, poetry and creativity, and who recently attained worldwide fame for building the world's longest and highest glass-bottom bridge--across a fantastic gorge in Hunan mountains that has dramatically changed and boosed the local economy by attracting 3 million tourists a year to that relatively non-affluent part of China. It's also the highest bungee jumping platform in the world--at 300+ meters!

http://www.haimdotan.com/?CategoryID=274

Haim got a solid taste of the FP Qigong Qi Healing process and worked off stress and came to a solid, deep standing of healing with internal energy along with the rest of the merry crew at Eastover.   Oddly enough, his wife in NYC, who really didn't know much about me or  FP Qigong other than what she had read on the Eastover website, just signed him up for the workshop.  He says it's all due to his good karma that his wife sent him to the FP workshop(!)

I'm posting Haim's review because he honestly reported that the immersive training 3 sessions a day of 2.5 to 3 hours is not easy.  Because, as I told the workshop class:  "You are experiencing the meaning of the "Kung"(Gong)  in "Chi Kung" (QiGong).   If you want "stretch and tone and tea and sympathy", go to your local Mac-Yoga studio."     [No disrespect to traditional Indian Yoga traditions whatsoever, for I respect all yogic traditions from all cultures that impart verifiable and repeatable health and spiritual benefits and are truly transformative.  But, as I have made clear on this thread from early on, I have no respect for downstream hokum or flotsam from broken traditions stitched together with made-up stuff into "modern" programs by hucksters or dilettantes and palmed off as  "Qigong" that are actually quite useless and time-wasting.] 

So that's how I teach the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong.  And the results you can see on the videos that I posted on Page 175.  This  last workshop group has unanimously chimed back that it's well worth the effort--well worth the KUNG.  I will post the other reviews shortly.  But I wanted to start off with Haim's.

So for those of you might be "on the fence" in considering whether or not to attend one of my 3-day immersive workshops and receive 22+ hours of training, please read:

Received August 14, 2017:

Dear Terry, 

Your emails are wonderful and naturally full of positive energy (it's you). 

I have been away on vacation in the mountains and lakes of the Adirondacks NY with my family, about 15 people. No internet or very little and I did my best to refrain from work and emails. Now I am on the way to Mongolia to participate in the World Congress of Poets in the Gobi Desert. 

I thank you again for being you, Master Qi-gong and a wonderful friend.  

Your Phoenix Qi-gong, 3 day Healing Meditation in the Eastover Retreat in Lenox  Massachusetts, was a life breath in our 21st Century crazy world of information, money, stress and in many cases, unhappiness.  

First and foremost it is because of you, your inner beauty, your spiritual energy, personal care and friendship, your love of nature and people. 

The group of twelve of us, although so different in age, personalitiy, physique, gender, and capability, were loving and warm hearted people. 

The Retreat settings in the green forests  and wetlands, beautiful views, birds singing, fresh air and delicious organic food, were simply incredible.  

Your teachings, 3 daily sessions, although long and not easy, uplifted the spirit and taught us healthy breathing techniques.  

At the end I felt like a dancer again.  I started feeling my rhythm, feeling like in the flow of water or light moving winds. 

I have already recommended your wonderful Qi-gong healing Meditation to many friends. Although I am in China, I hope to participate in future sessions. 

Big hug, 

Sincerely yours, 

Haim

Prof. Haim Dotan

Shanghai Institute of Visual Arts 

Fudan University 

Shanghai 

Beijing DeTao Master Academy 

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEViSV5LhZDN8ASw4PxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=haim+dotan&fr=yhs-Babylon-opti&hspart=Babylon&hsimp=yhs-opti

Thanks for your attention:

Sifu Terry

P.S.  Here is a most interesting article about Haim's creation of the fabulous Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge:

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/building-the-worlds-longest-glass-bridge

www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-2.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Hello Flying Phoenix Qigong Enthusisasts:

Here is another review/critique of the July 27-30 that I received on Saturday from an attendee, Sam Weng, who is from Pennsylvania.  I hope this and other reviews will encourage more people to "cross the great water" (figuratively or literally) and attend my FP Qigong workshops so that they will feel first-hand the undeniable truth from time immemorial that "perseverance furthers" .  And realize that this judgement from the I Ching (Book of Changes) is especially so when it comes to a 22-hour immersive FP Qigong training:

Received August 12, 2017:

Dear Sifu Terry Dunn,

here's a review; let me know if you have any editing suggestions for length, content, grammar, etc...

Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations is an authentic system created in the 17th century by the legendary Taoist kung fu master, Feng Tao Teh (Feng Do Duk) and faithfully preserved across seven generations.  As a strictly medical qigong, with little to no potential for abuse or misuse, the keepers of this art have deemed it unnecessary to keep the breath control sequences secret, as in other types of qigong and martial arts.  It is the breath control sequences which ignite and catalyze the unique energetic healing properties of these meditations.  The specific breathing formulas are a crucial element that make FPHHCM a rare and powerful system of transformative movements and postures accessible to the beginning student.

Sifu Terry Dunn, in addition to being the 7th generation lineage holder of FPHHCM, is also a great teacher.  He is able to patiently guide students through all the movements, postures and breathing formulas with clear and concise language while performing the meditations in great form for students to mirror.  He also makes himself available to answer students' questions in a thoughtful, compassionate manner.  To get a sense of his teaching persona, read through a few pages of this blog with a thread dedicated to FPHHCM, where Sifu Terry Dunn has been answering students' questions and providing hints and gems and great stories regarding the practice of qigong and martial arts and life in general for 8 years and counting:  
https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung/

While the Chi Kung for Health DVDs are an excellent resource for learning and practicing FPHHCM at home, having the opportunity to practice in a group setting under Sifu Terry's guidance provided a solid foundation to continue my path in integrating FPHHCM into my life.  Spending some time with like-minded individuals, enjoying the beauty of Eastover, enjoying the healthy food, and basking in the peaceful calm and heightened sense of wellbeing that practicing FPHHCM imparts was also a wonderful experience.

Sam Weng

[Sam is the dapper Chinese gent seen in the photo below, fourth from the right:]

7-30-17_Eastover_Group_DSC01655(80).jpg

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

This review just came in today from another Eastover workshop attendee, Spencer Lawrence from NYC, who is seen in the above photo standing third from the left:

Hi Sifu Terry,

Please use the following testimonial as you'd like:

I was truly excited and grateful for the opportunity to learn and practice the Flying Phoenix Qigong system with Sifu Terry Dunn at Eastover Estate, and the experience exceeded my expectations. To receive teachings and personal instruction directly from the master and sole preserver of this remarkable art was invaluable. The unique healing energy of Flying Phoenix was amazingly tangible from the start and only got stronger as the days passed. By the end of the workshop, I was so saturated with the energy that the first comment my girlfriend made upon seeing me was that I looked younger.

As a teacher, Sifu Dunn provides clear directions and personal attention. He is personable, open and approachable, and happily willing to share the impressive amount of knowledge he holds of a variety of internal and martial arts. We were even fortunate enough to learn some movements and meditations from other rare and unpublished systems he has mastered. 

I had only practiced Flying Phoenix Qigong sparingly for a couple months before attending the workshop. The three day immersive program not only confirmed the potency of this system for me but also boosted my practice as I've noticed a significant difference in my ability to sense and generate its unique energy. Whether you have little or no Qigong experience or are an advanced practitioner, I highly recommend attending this transformative workshop at the idyllic Eastover Estate. 

Feel free to remove the comment regarding the unpublished systems if you prefer it not be mentioned. Also, thank you for your comments about my performing BTB. It's definitely one of my favorite meditations, and I find that even when I try to speed up (2-3 min per round) for time's sake, there comes a point when the movement/energy automatically takes over and slows me down to 4-5 minutes per round. I'll also be sure to continue making my way through the forum. It's an unbelievable resource. I've registered for the next workshop, and I'll be attending the third in October with my girlfriend as well. Thanks again, and see you soon!

Best,
Spencer

www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-3.html
Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

So happy for the people who went for it, sounds amazing. :) 

I would totally go too if not for the fact that I'm from opposite the globe. Blessings!

• Like 2

Ditto - I wonder what the chance of a global workshop tour down the road is... ;)

Edit: That bridge is incredible :o It looks like something out of a Star Wars movie...

L0_0644_0382_Bridge-1.jpg

Bridge-2.jpg

L0_0644_0382_Bridge-5.jpg

I'm usually down on a lot of modern architecture, but that's a genuine work of art. Damn.

Spoiler

(Nothing in here, the DB formatting is just bugged out)

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 4

And I just received this nice note of thanks from a couple, Tony and Corinne Aecuri, who attended the Flying Phoenix Workshop at Eastover in July. announcing a longer review still to come:

Hi Sifu Terry,

Thank you for the email and your kind words.  Corinne and I throughly enjoyed the workshop material, your insightful teaching style, the group comraderie and the beautiful location.  The synergy created by all of that made for a truly unforgettable weekend.  My experience with you last November in NYC was a great introduction but, the weekend at Eastover was a true immersion; a baptism by fire!

I'm taking a personal day tomorrow and plan to work on a review of the workshop as you requested. I'll incorporate some of this email and elaborate a bit.  In addition I will post something on Facebook and the Dao Bums (for the first time).

Regarding the videos on the web; no problem as Corinne and I are flattered.  She is telling her friends that she is "almost famous".

Just an idea about putting the word out in NYC; have you heard of the Open Center? https://www.opencenter.org/
They host various new age events and programs.  Some chi kung, meditation and Tai chi are always included. If you taught a workshop there it might help create interest beyond their venue.
I'll send you my review soon.  Until then best wishes!

Tony & Corinne

Registration info for Aug. 29 - Sept. 1  FP Workshop:  
www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-2.html
  • Like 2