Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

On 6/22/2017 at 0:00 AM, taoguy said:

Thank you so much Sifu Terry. 

I apologise if this has been brought up before (still reading past posts) but how should I place my attention while doing the Flying Phoenix form to achieve the best effect? I've tried:

• Doing nothing
  • Doing loving-kindness (without words), just good-will
  • Light visualisation (I and the universe are one)
  • Emptiness - vipasanya-like
  • Focusing on the hands/chi

I ask this because I know Flying Phoenix works at the level of the subconscious - does this mean that it doesn't matter what the conscious mind does? Should I just do nothing? Guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

With palms together. :) 

Hi Taoguy,

Answer is simple and stated here many times before.  But nor problem I don't mind restating it:

does this mean that it doesn't matter what the conscious mind does?

YES.  ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE BREATH CONTROL SEQUENCE AND HAVE ASSUMED THE POSTURE AND/OR ARE DOING THE MOVEMENTS OF THE FP MEDITATION, YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND CAN BE ANYWHERE DOING ANYTHING...AND YOU WILL STILL GET THE SAME LEVEL OF HEALTH BENEFITS.

Should I just do nothing?    

YOU SHOULD DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO!

Try to enjoy your practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

To the Flying Phoenix Qigong community:

Just three days (!!!) until my 3-day, 20-hour immersive Flying Phoenix Qigong workshop at the beautiful Eastover Estate and Retreat in Lenox, MA.  Eastover is an elegant Gilded Age mansion with 24 buildings placed on 600 acres in the beautiful Berkshires that was recently renovated into an affordable 5-star hotel and spa (with beautiful studios and training halls)  that is uniquely focussed on Chinese holistic health practices by its visionary owner, Ying-xing Wang.  A second 3-day workshop begins August 29.  This is the registration page for these workshops at Eastover:

www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-2.html

As you have already discovered for yourself through use of my Chi Kung For Health DVD series, every Flying Phoenix Qigong Meditation is synergistic with all the  others.  The energy cultivated by any combination of the Flying Phoenix exercises is tangible, cumulative, transformative, and lasting.  And there is nothing like immersive practice of 7 to 8 hours per day times three days (approx. 22 hours) to  deeply establish the sublimely rejuvenating Flying Phoenix healing blue energy reserve in one’s being.  The tuition for either of the workshops is only $240--the same cost as a one-hour private lesson with yours truly, either online or in-person.  So instead of getting one hour of instruction, one gets 20+ hours of guided training and expert corrections and learns all the material in Volumes 1 through 4 of my DVD series, including the capstone Flying Phoenix Long Form Standing Meditation as taught on Vol.4.  

Join others from all over the world in perfecting their Flying Phoenix Qigong practice during the high season in the Berkshires while enjoying Eastover's fine amenities and exploring the rich arts, music and cultural offerings of Lenox and Stockbridge--the home of James Taylor and Arlo Guthrie!   Not to mention Tanglewood (summer home of the Boston Symphony) plus the historic Jacob's Pillow Dance venue.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Flying Phoenix Qigong WORKSHOP poster.jpg

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Awesome flyer - I admit I'm a bit jealous of anyone who has a chance to attend :P 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2017 at 6:00 AM, Songshou said:

This post is a hodge-podge of thoughts on recent posts, so bear with me. Regarding Michael Winn's (and his teacher Mantak Chia's) Taoist theory, I listened to almost all of Michael Winn's audio courses. His use of multiple "shen" uses the word as "intelligences", i.e., each organ system has its own intelligence). Wholeness is achieved by integrating all those intelligences, as a first step. Beyond them there is a core Shen (Ling Shen) that corresponds to our word "soul".  The Ling Shen is, or needs to be, the controlling Intelligence. But it's a VERY complicated meditation system, and it didn't work for me experientially. I got a lot of theoretical knowledge from it, but not any actual experience (and I visualized a lot of this and that, yet didn't experience much of this or that, lol). It may work well for some people, just not for me.

Just curious, how much time did you spend with MW teachings?

20 hours ago, Jox said:

Just curious, how much time did you spend with MW teachings?

--Hi Jox!  A couple years, I think. Never made it to any seminars, just studied the audio courses (with the Qigong videos that accompany these). Michael Winn said, himself, many times on the tapes that without moving Qigong it's very hard to "actualize" Taoist Alchemy in you, as opposed to just mentally sitting and visualizing Taoist Alchemy.
However, as I mentioned, it's a complex meditation path and it just doesn't work for me, or I can't make it work for me. :)

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 10:32 AM, taoguy said:

I have just learnt the Long Form FP and I can feel a very refreshing effect, wow. May I know if I need to learn the other previous meditations for a few months before I do the Long Form? I realized that I learnt the Long Form FP pretty quickly, just that I might have a few slight postural differences, which I'm slowly picking out and correcting by rewatching the videos repeatedly.

I believe I am the person who is reported to have started with the long form.  I had done TJQ 30+ years,  taught some and did BDJ .   The first times I did the Long Form I felt amazing energy.  I completed a 108 day gong last year using the Long Form daily.   I continue to feel deeper spiritual and energetic connection to it.   I have added most of the other available forms,  though i do not do the seated ones at the current time.   The  five  short standing meditations are my current concentration,  I have completed more than 90 days of an intended 108 day gong using them.

Practice is the gate to health and spiritual life ..  even  immortality which i define as the awareness of this present moment.

Peace  hoa binh

ridingtheox

• Like 5

On 7/25/2017 at 8:51 AM, Songshou said:

--Hi Jox!  A couple years, I think. Never made it to any seminars, just studied the audio courses (with the Qigong videos that accompany these). Michael Winn said, himself, many times on the tapes that without moving Qigong it's very hard to "actualize" Taoist Alchemy in you, as opposed to just mentally sitting and visualizing Taoist Alchemy.
However, as I mentioned, it's a complex meditation path and it just doesn't work for me, or I can't make it work for me. :)

Yes, I agree, my practice changed completely after moving forms.

And yes, each of us are different and resonate with different stuff ... :)

• Like 1

Hello All. My name is Vasil and I am from Bulgaria.The reason why I have registered here is because I have a lot of health issues. Including a very rare autoimmune disease, skin problems, and  bad premature greying of the hair.Along with diet , herbs meditation and etc  I've practiced the 5 tibetan rites for 1 year .Also I am vegetarian, completely celibate for the past 3 months and continuing, looking for a way to heal my body. I registered here because I saw that there a couple of meditations that can help to heal my body and also to restore my hair color , but I need help here , because I have no idea from where to learn them and how to do them. I understood that those are part of something called The Flying phoenix meditations : 80 70 50 30 or 80 70 50 20 and 70 50 20 10 MSW.( maybe tough in volume 7 but I have no idea if this is a book or video or what..) I would kindle ask you to help me here , because I don't know from where I can see how they are performed and done . Is it on youtube somewhere , or I have to bye some DVD or something ? Sorry for those newbish questions but all my life I've been struggling with rare diseases and many health challenges .I am on my way to healing now and I would really appreciate if you can help me on this one.. My hair has alot of grey and I am only 28. If those 2 meditations can help me with restoring my hair color and overall health , this will make me rally happy . So if you can explain to me from where I can get those 2 meditations , how to learn them I will be thankful. Please take my apology but there are almost 200 pages and I dont have the free time to look trough all of them..

• Like 1

There are 6 DVD's of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung out there, Vol 1,2,3,4,5 and 7.

I would highly recommend to read this thread, at least the first 50 pages or so and you will find every information you need. 

Especially if you are new to Qigong and meditation I also recommend to start practice with Vol.1 and 2 and to learn the meditations in ascending order. If you start with Vol.7 you will not get all the benefits as the meditations are kind of interacting with each other. 

• Like 4

Buy them off of the website www.taichimania.com directly from Sifu Terry. Do not get copies, especially pirated.

• Like 3

One more question , DO i have to go trough all of those volume 1 to 7 to be able to do the ones that are tought in volume 7 or ?

• Like 1

While you can theoretically start anywhere, it is optimal to learn Volumes 1-4 first, to get your foundation, especially Vol. 2 for the beginners' seated meditations. Then you can add on Vol. 7. 

• Like 2

Okay , thank you . So I am thinking to start from Volume 2 and then later on go to Volume 7 , DO you think that is okay ? and can you tell me when do you have to do the meditations and for how many minutes . Thanks alot !And do you have any idea if they ship those dvd's to Europe from www.taichimania.com  ? :)

Edited by abdahorn
  • Like 1

Entirely up to you. Plenty of practitioners on this thread live in places like Germany, Netherlands, Australia, the Philippines, Turkey, some Central Asian countries, and Canada. It wouldn't be a problem getting DVDs from Sifu Terry if you order off of taichimania.com.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, abdahorn said:

Okay , thank you . So I am thinking to start from Volume 2 and then later on go to Volume 7 , DO you think that is okay ? and can you tell me when do you have to do the meditations and for how many minutes . Thanks alot !And do you have any idea if they ship those dvd's to Europe from www.taichimania.com  ? :)

I would highly recommend starting with volumes 1 & 2 combined - the standing and seated meditations seem to supplement each other powerfully, my experience is that you'll get a much stronger effect doing both than restricting yourself to just the seated (or just the standing) meditations, and I believe that Sifu Terry has stated the same in the past (also, as Earl said, it's a great idea to read at least the first chunk of this thread, since there's a ton of really good information about the FP system there, as well as a lot of great information about qigong/kungfu/meditation in general).

Good luck!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, abdahorn said:

H abdahorn,

As Earl Grey explained, for years (since 2004, actually), interested people around the world have had no problem receiving the Flying Phoenix Qigong instructional DVD's ordered from my website, www.taichimania.com.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 3

Hello Everybody in the Flying Phoenix Qigong community and new arrivals!:

I just got back Tuesday from a successful FP Qigong workshop in Lenox, MA at the Eastover Estate & Retreat and I will be catching up on  responding to the past 2 weeks of postings that I haven't yet gotten to.

But first I want to post this announcement that the next 3-day immersive FP Qigong workshop--also at Eastover Estate in Lenox, MA-- will be on October 6, 7 & 8.   

The training consists of 22-24 hours of FP Qigong training covering everything in Volumes 1 through 3 of the DVD series and some of the Long Form Standing in Vol.4 plus all kinds of warm-up and conditioning exercises that I have distilled from about 100 of such exercises.  Plus plenty of question and answer time about everything Flying Phoenix.

For starters, here is a video clip of the group last Saturday morning doing Bending the Bows at an excellent practice speed.  One attendee, Spencer (in the red Napa Valley t-shirt) was doing BTB at a rate of one round every 5 minutes with very good form.  Just excellent!   

Watch this clip carefully and practice to it if you wish to improve your practice of BTB:

Also viewable at:  https://www.facebook.com/pg/Terry-Dunns-Tai-Chi-For-Health-236579434951/posts/?ref=page_internal    

(Scroll down to post stamped July 31 at 8:04 am)

More workshop video clips follow below for your reference in training.

Sifu Terry Dunn

http://www.eastover.com/workshop/flying-phoenix-qigong-with-master-terence-dunn.html

Edited by zen-bear
additional info
  • Like 4

This is video of an advanced Flying Phoenix Qi Meditation being practiced last weekend at my FP Qigong workshop at Eastover Estate & Retreat in Lenox, MA.

This video shows the relaxed, calm, and ultra-slow speed of movement required to effect deepest absorption, mind-body integration, and tangible energization and rejuvenation--described by the oral teaching of "moving at the speed of a shifting sand dune."  Apply this speed to your basic Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation in order to effect the Heavenly Healing of the Flying Phoenix!:

Also viewable at:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Terry-Dunns-Tai-Chi-For-Health-236579434951/posts/?ref=page_internal

Enjoy your practice at this speed of movement--but with this level of relaxation!! 

Sifu Terry Dunn

http://www.eastover.com/workshop/flying-phoenix-qigong-with-master-terence-dunn.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Hello all you serious FP Practitioners:

This clip shows the  two movements in the middle of the Flying Phoenix Qigong meditation known as "Moonbeam Splashes on Water", which we all know was all created in 1644 by Taoist Feng Tao Teh of Ehrmei Mountain.  This video also shows the correct speed of practicing this moving meditation as per the oral teaching: "move at the speed of a shifting sand dune."

This is the speed at which the entire "Moonbeam" exercise is to be done:

So get busy!  And I hope to hear/see questions and comments posted about your breakthrough experiences of "Moonbeam" soon!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Lookout Everybody, here comes the "SLEEPER":

This is footage of "Monk Serves Wine" seated meditation No.4, aka "The Sleeper" (taught on Volume 7 of the DVD series),  here nicely performed by workshop student Spencer Lawrence during the Flying Phoenix Qigong Workshop this past weekend at Eastover Estate & Retreat in Lenox, MA.

THE NEXT EASTOVER WORKSHOP

22+ hours of sublime, transformative

Flying Phoenix Meditation is:

DECEMBER 1 - 3

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Terry-Dunns-Tai-Chi-For-Health-236579434951/posts/?ref=page_internal

(Click this link and see the 4th posting from the top of FB page, stamped July 31 at 4:30 am)

Sifu Terence Dunn

www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-2.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Will the above videos be available on YouTube eventually for those of us who don't have Facebook? :blush:

Hi Earl Grey,

Yes, I will put all of the video clips on Youtube later today and then edit into the above postings, replacing the FB links.  While I'm pretty insistent on good production values of everything I put on Youtube, these clips of last week's training at the workshop are valuable guides and reminders as to the speed of movement and calm comportment that all FP practitioners should try to emulate and surpass in order to get maximum benefits from the FP SYSTEM.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

End-of-workshop photo opp. with a terrific group of highly inspired and focused students (L to R): Ruth, Dan, Spencer, Haim, Tony, Sam, Corrine, Agnes and Greg!

Over three days, they learned and memorized in mind-body 7 standing meditations and 11 seated "Monk Serves Wine" meditations of the Ehrmei Mountain Flying Phoenix Qigong system. Great job--very well done!!

NEXT WORKSHOP IS OCTOBER 6, 7 & 8

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2