Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

I'm answering because I realized it'll be really useful for all those who need mirroring help for the DVDs. 

Download VLC. It's a great program for PC or Mac (and Linux!). 

How I did it on Mac: from the VLC program, go to the Window tab and click on "Video Effects".

From there, go to Geometry.

Then click on "Transform".

Then, select "flip horizontally".

There you go! The video is mirrored! Follow it much more easily and let Sifu Terry relax and focus on the book and new DVDs... ;)

PS: watching DVDs on VLC is awesome because the program overrides regional lockout! 

Earl Grey,

I echo Tao Stillness's thanks for sharing the "Video effects -- Geometry -- Transform -- Flip Horiz." pathway on VLC to allow FP Practitioners to get mirror image of my Flying Phoenix Qigong instruction.

Given that there was no video record when GM Doo Wai was learning this art from his father, and before GM Doo Wai ingeniously created the percentage breath-control formulas, every FP Qigong and BFP practitioner had to look at the teacher's body to try to figure out the breathing, the world is fortunate to have the FP Qigong recorded on any visual medium--in the first place.

Carry on!

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

With all due respect, I really feel that advanced practioners often overshadow us beginners on this thread. This must be the fifth unanswered message I write...just saying!

Dear Sifu Terry

After my Monk Gazing at the Moon med, I always have the urge to do a "normal" sitting meditation. At this time, my mind it at its clearest and most favourable for a fantastic exercise of stillness and therefore connection to anything I want. In this time I can tune in to a person or situation with great clarity.

Could you please tell me what would logically be happening at this time? Being fresh out of FPCK, I am still in its energy. But am I still cultivating or am I circulating it? I ask this question because it feels like I am still cultivating it. Am I imagining this?

I also wanted to say that you mentioned a lady developing clair audience from FPCK. Well I was clairaudient before but now I am learning to "tune" it. It is quite remarkable that I should discover this ability that I never suspected myself to have. It appears that FPCK is teaching me to navigate states of consciousness that allow me to tap into various repositories of energetic information, from hearing.

I thought it would develop my ability to surf states of consciousness but I never knew it would start like this (from hearing) so it is a lovely and welcome surprise, thank you Sifu. This way I can also build connections that allow for healing energies to pass through me and be transmitted to the person of my choice, with the same channel used for hearing, as obscure as that may sound...

Once I feel the blissful love, it is not easy to come out and want to do any other med, so I try to get what I want done first and do MGM last, just to benefit from this sublime sitting meditation.

Thanks for any response.

With all my appreciation

A_B

Hey Astral_butterfly, I can't speak for the system itself or Sifu Terry, but I can answer my own experiences and maybe that will give you some insights. I don't believe you are imagining--I think you are still cultivating and circulating, because within two hours after practice (and always just after), if I do some of my harder physical practices like one style of Eight Pieces of Brocade, then I find it is like moving as if my body were clouds--there's no physical effort or difficulty, and no other Qigong I do makes my physical practices feel effortless. So I don't believe you are imagining it. 

As for developing ourselves like with clairaudience, I find Flying Phoenix unearths what is already there. Another Sifu of mine says that "When we practice The Work, the qi doesn't just flow through the meridians--it opens new channels, which in turn opens the way for our abilities [like clairvoyance and clairaudience] to develop." He also has very glowing praise for Flying Phoenix and sends his regards to Sifu Terry for gifting us all with it on the DVDs, tying me into the next point...

Earl Grey,

I echo Tao Stillness's thanks for sharing the "Video effects -- Geometry -- Transform -- Flip Horiz." pathway on VLC to allow FP Practitioners to get mirror image of my Flying Phoenix Qigong instruction.

Given that there was no video record when GM Doo Wai was learning this art from his father, and before GM Doo Wai ingeniously created the percentage breath-control formulas, every FP Qigong and BFP practitioner had to look at the teacher's body to try to figure out the breathing, the world is fortunate to have the FP Qigong recorded on any visual medium--in the first place.

Carry on!

Sifu Terry Dunn

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Flying Phoenix is the best and only system available on DVD at this point that I trust and recommend. I've tried quite a few for educational purposes, and aside from a couple that I find okay, the majority of them are, well, cheese whiz. 

• Like 5

As someone who does a lot of mantra work, I can confirm from my experience that chanting "Namo Kuan Shi Yin Pusa" becomes faster and more natural after doing Flying Phoenix. I also learned the capstone long form celestial meditation just a week ago after I finished a recent mantra siddhi and began working on the Kuan Yin mantra intensely at least 10,000x a day. Took me just about a week to learn the form and I don't want to say anything else besides that everyone should experience it for themselves. 

What I will share, however, is that everyone who sees me doing the long form on Volume 4 (and even Moonbeam Splashes on the Water) not only feels calmer watching it because of the grace of the form, but feels qi penetrating them even before I stick needles for acupuncture or lay hands over for Reiki healing. We look forward to seeing your child's development from having very good prenatal qi and what a phoenix child will grow up into, especially when, not if, she picks up the practice. :)

Hi Earl Grey,

As you do mantric yoga, here is one mantra in Sanskrit that intone on special necessary occasions.  As a healer, you might know of it already.   It came to me about 7 years ago when I was in dealing with the most hopeless of souls that needed extreme healing and spiritual correction.  It is from the book, "Bodhisattva of Compassion: The Mystical Tradition of Kuan Yin."  I believe it's also on the Daily Pure Land Practice website with English translation.

I post it here for you and the FP community as it invokes the same compassionate spiritual force that engendered the creation of Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations.

Namo Ratna Trayaya Namah Arya Avalokiteshvaraya

Bodhisattvaya Mahasattvaya Mahakarunikaya Om Sabalavati

Shudhanatasya Namas Krivanimam Arya Avalokiteshvara

Lamtabha Namo Nilakantha Shri Mahapatashami

Sarvatodhusuphem Asiyum Sarvasada Nama Bhaga Mabhatetu

Tadyatha Om Avaloki Lokate Kalati Eshili Maha Bodhisattva

Sabho Sabho Mara Mara Mashi Mashi Ridhayum Guru Guru Gammam

Turu Turu Bhashiyati Maha Bashiyati Dhara Dhara Dhirini

Shvaraya Jala Jala Mama Bhamara Mudhili Edyehi Shina Shina

Alashim Bhalashari Bhasha Bhashim Bharashaya Hulu Hulu Pra Hulu

Hulu Shri Sara Sara Siri Siri Suru Suru Budhi Budhi Budhaya

Budhaya Maitriye Nilakantha Trisharana Bhayamana Svaha

Sitaya Svaha Maha Sitaya Svaha Sitayaye Shvaraya Svaha

Nilakanthi Svaha Pranila Svaka Shri Sidha Mukhaya Svaha

Sarva Maha Astaya Svaha Cakra Astaya Svaha Padma Keshaya

Svaha Nilakanthe Pantalaya Svaha Mobholishankaraye Svaha

Namo Ratna Trayaya Namah Arya Avalokita Ishvaraya Svaha Om

Sidhyantu Mantra Pataye Svaha!

For those inexperienced with mantric Yoga, as a beginner, one must be careful with the use of names.

This mantra above uses many names of Kuan Yin so it is very safe to use.  One should of course know the meaning of the mantra but one doesn't necessarily have to fluent in the original language it is written or spoken in.  But one MUST know its purpose and how it has been used throughout time.  If one's Yoga is advanced, one can instantly read the intent of any energy projected in any form, including sound energy, which is the easiest to feel and interpret.

Best,

Sifu Terence Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Hi Earl Grey,

As you do mantric yoga, here is one mantra in Sanskrit that intone on special necessary occasions.  As a healer, you might know of it already.   It came to me about 7 years ago when I was in dealing with the most hopeless of souls that needed extreme healing and spiritual correction.  It is from the book, "Bodhisattva of Compassion: The Mystical Tradition of Kuan Yin."  I believe it's also on the Daily Pure Land Practice website with English translation.

I post it here for you and the FP community as it invokes the same compassionate spiritual force that engendered the creation of Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations.

Namo Ratna Trayaya Namah Arya Avalokiteshvaraya

Bodhisattvaya Mahasattvaya Mahakarunikaya Om Sabalavati

Shudhanatasya Namas Krivanimam Arya Avalokiteshvara

Lamtabha Namo Nilakantha Shri Mahapatashami

Sarvatodhusuphem Asiyum Sarvasada Nama Bhaga Mabhatetu

Tadyatha Om Avaloki Lokate Kalati Eshili Maha Bodhisattva

Sabho Sabho Mara Mara Mashi Mashi Ridhayum Guru Guru Gammam

Turu Turu Bhashiyati Maha Bashiyati Dhara Dhara Dhirini

Shvaraya Jala Jala Mama Bhamara Mudhili Edyehi Shina Shina

Alashim Bhalashari Bhasha Bhashim Bharashaya Hulu Hulu Pra Hulu

Hulu Shri Sara Sara Siri Siri Suru Suru Budhi Budhi Budhaya

Budhaya Maitriye Nilakantha Trisharana Bhayamana Svaha

Sitaya Svaha Maha Sitaya Svaha Sitayaye Shvaraya Svaha

Nilakanthi Svaha Pranila Svaka Shri Sidha Mukhaya Svaha

Sarva Maha Astaya Svaha Cakra Astaya Svaha Padma Keshaya

Svaha Nilakanthe Pantalaya Svaha Mobholishankaraye Svaha

Namo Ratna Trayaya Namah Arya Avalokita Ishvaraya Svaha Om

Sidhyantu Mantra Pataye Svaha!

For those inexperienced with mantric Yoga, as a beginner, one must be careful with the use of names.

This mantra above uses many names of Kuan Yin so it is very safe to use.  One should of course know the meaning of the mantra but one doesn't necessarily have to fluent in the original language it is written or spoken in.  But one MUST know its purpose and how it has been used throughout time.  If one's Yoga is advanced, one can instantly read the intent of any energy projected in any form, including sound energy, which is the easiest to feel and interpret.

Best,

Sifu Terence Dunn

Thank you Sifu! How interesting! This is similar to a long-ish Tara mantra I have been observing recently, and have also done a lot of Green Tara and White Tara work too. 

Here's the long-ish Tara I refer to that this Kuan Yin mantra immediately reminded me of: 

Namo Ratna-Trayaya

Nama Arya Avalokiteshwaraya

Bodhi-sattwaya

Maha-sattwaya

Maha Karunikaya

Tad-yatha Om Tare Tuttare Ture

Sarva Dushtan Pra-dushtan

Mama Krite

Jam-bhaya Stam-bhaya Mo-haya Band-dhaya

Hum Hum Hum Phat Phat Phat

Sarva Dushta Stam-bhani Tare Swaha

Which loosely translates to:

"Salutations to the three jewels (Buddha, Dharma, Sangha). Salutations to the Great Avalokiteshwara, Bodhisattva, Great Being Greatly Compassionate, Tare Tuttare Ture all the sins and evils I have committed, please crush, purify, confuse, bind. Hum Hum Hum Phat Phat Phat, to Tara who purifies all, Swaha."

As explained by the late Guru Thomas Ashley-Farrand (Namadeva) in his book Shakti Mantras, it asks for purification, but also crushes and binds those who would stand in the way of sincere aspirants, with the spirit of the mantra being, "Please help and purify me, but also stand guard against those who might oppose my process."

I find that White Tara and Kuan Yin have once been argued to be aspects of the same being, according to one school of thought. One Divine Mother or two aspects of the same Divine Feminine, or two different entities altogether, insofar as I know, both REALLY resonate with Flying Phoenix. If I do Flying Phoenix before, their mantras are easier to chant, especially longer ones. If I do the mantras before Flying Phoenix, I enter a far more sublime state.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS KUAN YIN MANTRA SIFU TERRY!!!

• Like 3

I want to echo what Sifu Terry stated about advanced yogis being able to know the intent of any chanting. In the Vedic system of ancient India Sanskrit is used because it is one of only a few known ancient languages wfhere the sound of the words produces the material form of the words in the consciousness of the person listening to those Sanskrit vibrations. It is called Ritam Bhara Pragya and it is the reason that Patanjali's Yoga Sutras result in manifestation of what he predicts for his formulas if you have been taught the missing piece of information of how to do his sutras correctly. It is called name and form are the same. If your are in an advanced state of consciousness and then mentally recited one of his sutras, the results will manifest in your consciousness. My experience of this was when I was initiated in it is beyond description because of the bliss and love that resulted from entering a higher state of consciousness from this simple method. The formulas or sutras do not produce any results when recited from the thinking level of consciousness. You have to be in a much higher state and the missing knowledge of how to do this was revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi when he brought out the TM Siddhis program in the 1970's. It is all based on kundalini reaching the higher chakras in the brain. When someone is taught this method, they immediately become advanced yogis and can then verify from personal experience what Sifu Terry has stated. And from trusted high consciousness sources, Kwan Yin and Tara share similar roles but are not the same Beings/energies. I don't mind these occasional straying from the FP topic posts. I think most people on this thread are ardent seekers and do not mind learning new information. Sifu Terry has been generous in sharing so much bonus info with us. And I want to underscore the contribution that Sifu Terry has made to learning Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. If any of you have ever seen the videos made by Grand Master Doo Wai on YouTube or elsewhere, you will notice as I have stated before, they are more demonstration than actual instruction and are extremely difficult to learn from. Sifu Terry has resolved that by producing his series of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung which is truly instructional. And now Earl Grey has made them even more effective by teaching us the technology to make the learning of Flying Phoenix even easier. I realize not everyone needs this kind of help because there are students out there who are truly gifted with great spatial relationship skill and strong visual memory retention. I am weak in both of those areas so I very much welcome all the coping skills that I can find to learn visually. If not for Earl Grey, my volume 3 of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung probably would never have been opened again.

• Like 4

Do you think medicine buddha would also resonate with flying phoenix as he is blue afterall and emits blue light. I did some online empowerments for both medicine buddha and white tara. After which you are supposed to do mantras which i have not done for a while and im not sure which one to choose.

I remember doing the white tara mantra and i would experience a stange kind of bliss which stopped me from saying the mantra, i would have to force myself to keep saying it, like it just overwhlemed me. Although doing the mantra this past year i have not felt that at all.

It was all the way back in december 2013/14 that i did the empowerments and i think at the time i repeated the medicine buddha mantra, not very often however and i dont remember it having the same effect. Although when i was on my round as a postman i came across a buddha statue and before i even saw it i felt bliss emanating from it, im not sure why that happened and how much of it was to do with the empowerments. Back then i had gone on a number of 40 days celibacy streaks and was doing allot of mindfulness meditation, but i also think my intention was there.

The people doing the empowerments did say in the end it matters not which deity you choose as they all lead to the same something something...i cant remember.

Hi Kshanti,

I can't really answer your question without more information such as your answers to: "What are you feeling from doing each of the FP Meditations?  And better yet, if I saw your practice of exercises like Bending the Bows, Wind Through Treetops, Moonbeam, and the Vol.4 Long Form Meditation.

Overall, it sounds like you are doing quite well, having practiced for 2 years and having taught yourself the  Long Form Standing Meditation from the Vol.4 DVD.

For two years I did the seated and standing beginner meditations dvd's 1,2 and 3 . Usually twice a day for 30 minutes or either 2 sitting or 2 standing or all 4 together or spread out throughout day. Maybe 3-5x/week. Once I memorized the standing long meditation dvd 4 that's pretty much all I do now with 1or 2 of the advanced seated meditations which I cycle through. So my practice can take maybe 15-40 minutes depending if I just do the standing long form alone or if I add on extras.

15 to 40 minutes of practice a day is a wide range.  But since you've been practicing for two years, I assume that you've spent equal time on all the FP Meditations on Volumes 1 through 4.  Based on your durations of practice stated above, I would suggest that you increase your time of practice in one session and try to do a 60 to 90 minute session once a day.  This may be difficult to work into your daily schedule.  But if you can manage the time, try it as an experiment.  The continuity of practicing gotten through a 60 to 90 minute  practice session wiil probably advance and further your FP energy cultivation in a significant way.  Every FP Qigong class I teach is 2 full hours.  Last week, I one inspired class ran 3.5 hours.

Another question is how should we integrate the standing flash meditations-is it good to do 1, 2 or more ? Can they be done alone if we lack time to do anything else?

Yes, the the 5 meditations on Vol.5 and all the FP Meditations in the preceding 4 dvd volumes can be practiced stand-alone if you're greatly constrained time-wise.  In the beginning, for any of the DVD volumes (e.g., Volumes 1 and 2), it is very productive to practice through the entire DVD volume.  The same is true of Volume 5.  Try practicing all the Vol. 5 meditations right after you do the Vol.4 Long Form Med.  That shouldn't take more than 25-30 minutes, since each of the 5 takes 90 seconds to 2 minutes.

I don't know if you've gotten to this 2016-17 postings, but one big piece of advice I started giving last year was to practice three (3) the seated Monk Serves Wine meditations at a sitting.

Again, the best means for me to answer your question is for me to view your practice of the standing moving FP Meditations mentioned abover.  Over the past 4 years, I've been giving I  feedback and plenty of form and other corrections to FP practitioners/Daobums subscribers via private online tutorials using Skype or Facetime.  If you're interested, contact me through PM or at this address and I will give you more info about Skype lessons:  [email protected]

Enjoy your expanded practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you so much for all of this advice Sifu Terry. I've tried a few suggestions so far ( long form med standing vol 4 followed by all Dvd 5. Tonight I tried 3 Seated MSW in a row) and I can definately feel that spending more time is key. I just have to do it! Eventually I do plan on contacting you for a private session.

Many thanks again

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I have a question for Sifu Terry, but anyone can respond if you know the answer. I know we are not supposed to sinchronize our breath with the movements, but during my practice of the 1st basic seated meditation, when I start turning the palms, I like to inhale, while hand palms are facing each other and then turn the palms when I exhale. It just so happens that my breath rate corresponds perfectly with the slow turning of my hands. I dont conciously have to think of my breathing, I just let it happen on its own (when I always start with an inhale, before beginning with the hand movements). I have tried to disconnect the breaths from the hand movements, but something feels off and my "rhythm" feels unnatural if that makes sense. The energy effect of exhale corresponding with turning the palms feels stronger, where I feel more of the "brain washing" effect. Maybe this is just all in my head LOL.

• Like 1

As I understood it is perfectly fine when the breath synchronizes with the movements, but the main-focus should be the movements. This means you focus on the movements, especially on doing them in the speed of the famous shifting sand-dune, and if then the breath synchronizes it's totally ok. I think the point is, that if every breath corresponds with a single movement the movements could be too fast, so when doing them very slowly there will probably be more than one breath per move, but at the same time synchronized, meaning full inhale or exhale and the end of the single movement.

This leads me to another question: Sometimes I unconsciously start reverse breathing and when I am getting aware of it I don't know if I should continue it or not as Zen-Bear states in the DVDs that one should breath normal. But as my body starts reverse breathing automatically I am not sure if it may be also fine to continue with it?

• Like 3

It did not take long at to learn Wind Through the Tree Tops on Vol. 3.

Shortly after learning this form when it started to feel more natural to do it and after some practice when I did not have to think as much about the movements, I noticed the familiar tangible hands moving thru the thick cloud of chi from the very first movement of the form as the hands rise to come toward the throat. I know that each person experiences FP meditations differently, but this is my main experience from any of the FP meditations that I have done. Noting flashy, nothing other worldly or of spiritual significance. Just the experience that my individual nervous system allows me to have. As simple as this experience may be, it is still stronger than experiences that I have had from most of the other chi kung methods that I have learned. So I am grateful for even this most basic sensation which lets me know that Flying Phoenix Chi Kung is different than any other type of chi kung.

Edited by tao stillness
to embelish
  • Like 3

On 5/8/2017 at 6:22 AM, Astral_butterfly said:

Dear Sifu Terry

After my Monk Gazing at the Moon med, I always have the urge to do a "normal" sitting meditation. At this time, my mind it at its clearest and most favourable for a fantastic exercise of stillness and therefore connection to anything I want. In this time I can tune in to a person or situation with great clarity.

Could you please tell me what would logically be happening at this time? Being fresh out of FPCK, I am still in its energy. But am I still cultivating or am I circulating it? I ask this question because it feels like I am still cultivating it. Am I imagining this?

I also wanted to say that you mentioned a lady developing clair audience from FPCK. Well I was clairaudient before but now I am learning to "tune" it. It is quite remarkable that I should discover this ability that I never suspected myself to have. It appears that FPCK is teaching me to navigate states of consciousness that allow me to tap into various repositories of energetic information, from hearing.

I thought it would develop my ability to surf states of consciousness but I never knew it would start like this (from hearing) so it is a lovely and welcome surprise, thank you Sifu. This way I can also build connections that allow for healing energies to pass through me and be transmitted to the person of my choice, with the same channel used for hearing, as obscure as that may sound...

Once I feel the blissful love, it is not easy to come out and want to do any other med, so I try to get what I want done first and do MGM last, just to benefit from this sublime sitting meditation.

Thanks for any response.

With all my appreciation

A_B

Hello A_B,

Here are answers  to your questions:

Once you have taken 3 deep breathes to count yourself out of the last FP Meditation, you are no longer doing that Qigong and its  specific cultivation.  You are feeling the energizing, healing and rejuvenating effects.  If one practrices FP Qigong for a number of hours--say 3 to 4 hours-- then the cultivation might be felt to continue afterwards for some time.  Also recall that many FP Practitioners have reported here that they experienced strong coming on of FP Healing Energy the next day 12 or 24 hours after a particular practice session.

I also wanted to say that you mentioned a lady developing clair audience from FPCK. Well I was clairaudient before but now I am learning to "tune" it. It is quite remarkable that I should discover this ability that I never suspected myself to have.

Yes, FP Qigong practice will activate and bring to the fore all latent powers that one has. Some have great natural potential for clairaudience, some for remote vision, some for scrying and out of body yogas, some have natural talent for projecting energy without touching.  

It appears that FPCK is teaching me to navigate states of consciousness that allow me to tap into various repositories of energetic information, from hearing.

Yes, FPCK as a powerful system of concentrative meditation develops consummate visualization power, mental concentration to be able to navigate various planes of consciousness, which I will call jhana-absorption states.  Just normal practice of FP Qigong system that's presented on the DVD series will enable the mind to zoom through the first jhana altogether and rest in the 2nd and 3rd jhanas for many.  For the gifted, FP Qigong will accelerate  meditative power and enable one to traverse the 3rd and 4th jhanas--and go right to the edge or threshold of the FORMLESS JHANA's.  

(btw, read Daniel Goleman's "Buddha and Meditative States of Consciousness" to understand the semantic map I am using.)

various repositories of energetic information

I have no idea what you mean by these words.  But if you are auditorily accessing higher intelligences, more power to you.

You are definitely auditory-dominant in terms of your frames of referencing Reality.  So if FP Qigong has enabled you to "surf" states of consciousness, I am very glad to hear it.  But don't thank me.  Thank the Flying Phoenix Qigong art, its spiritual Source, and the human tradition that has preserved it to this day.   (I strongly hope that that means to traverse different states of absorption/concentration by controlling sound energy)   Every healer has his/her way of directing healing energy towards, and if you do it through using sonic channels, more power to you.

Yes, the fruits of practicing FP Qigong --being healed and rejuvenated in the allostatic state, and having consciousness expanded to higher realms can be most blissful.  If you find certain FP or MSW meditations that facilitate your communion with Cosmic Love--as differentiated from just the experience of the FP Healing Energy in the body--then by all means, do more of those particular meditations that deliver you there.

I'm glad to hear you are getting meaningful and enjoyable results from your practice.

Enjoy your spiritual explorations with Flying Phoenix.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

On 5/15/2017 at 3:24 AM, Shiva33 said:

Hi everyone, I have a question for Sifu Terry, but anyone can respond if you know the answer. I know we are not supposed to sinchronize our breath with the movements, but during my practice of the 1st basic seated meditation, when I start turning the palms, I like to inhale, while hand palms are facing each other and then turn the palms when I exhale. It just so happens that my breath rate corresponds perfectly with the slow turning of my hands. I dont conciously have to think of my breathing, I just let it happen on its own (when I always start with an inhale, before beginning with the hand movements). I have tried to disconnect the breaths from the hand movements, but something feels off and my "rhythm" feels unnatural if that makes sense. The energy effect of exhale corresponding with turning the palms feels stronger, where I feel more of the "brain washing" effect. Maybe this is just all in my head LOL.

Hi Shiva33,

There is no set rule for how one should synchronize movements with breathing cycles in FP Qigong.  The only rule that I would call a hard and fast and rigid is that one MUST NOT try to synchronize movements with breath cycle to the extent of straining the breath in trying to match long movements.  There should only be relaxed normal breathing and no conscious striving to expand length of breath.  Expansion of breath cycle and tidal volume occurs naturally in the FP Qigong art--without conscious striving. The one thing I admonish against is "trying too hard."   What I have done in expounding this rule of not synchronizing breath with movements is simply to pass on Grandmaster Doo Wai's teaching.

If you feel most comfortable and natural with the synchronization that you've described, then continue with it.  There, however, are some natural tendencies and synchronizations that occur by themselves once one has practiced this system long enough. The body has its most natural and optimal way of moving.  All other Qigong systems and yogas worth their salt return the person to this original pristine perfectly natural form of movement.  

My natural tendency is that as I inhale, my forearms and palms turn from the "facing each other" position to the forward facing each at 45-degrees from the plane of my chest.  Hint, btw:   many Tai Chi masters will give oral teachings to enable their students to achieve this coordination.  

One does not have to subscribe to this coordination in order to get the full health benefits from FP Qigong.  I am just saying that this synchronization of breath cycle with tweaking of the wuchi (Monk Gazing at Moon) position happens to be congruent with Tai Chi internal principles.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

whoa   I  am having a terrible time navigating this new site format ...

how do i get to this forum?   search no longer brings it right up ...

i have managed to stumble into it  twice,  but still not certain what the direct route might be

HELP

2 minutes ago, ridingtheox said:

whoa   I  am having a terrible time navigating this new site format ...

how do i get to this forum?   search no longer brings it right up ...

i have managed to stumble into it  twice,  but still not certain what the direct route might be

HELP

You can click on the "filters" button and click yes on "content i have posted in" 

• Like 1

completed a round of 5 standing short form:

starting w

4  dragon emerges   6:40

3  raise earth             7:10

2 Phx dragon play      4:50

1 spread wing             5:00

& 5 Prep 8 sect           8:40

these continue to grow more and more intense!   Try them you'll be pleasantly surprized as I have been I hope!

• Like 2

Hello Everyone,

Last night I enjoyed a lovely Oneness Meditation session last night at the Santa Monica Unitarian Church led by the gifted Eric Isen, a Deeksha in that tradition (founded by Sri Bhagavan) who has worked full time as a medical clairvoyant since 2004...after spending 30 years as a monk in Ayurvedic traditions.  It was our joyous first meeting after years of mutually beneficial teaching of our common students/clients.  You may recall from posts by Tao Stillness starting about 2 or more years ago that he had given, one by one, most of the Flying Meditations for Eric to remotely read each one's specific therapeutic, healing effect on Tao Stillness.  Over the course of many months of Tao Stillness kindly sharing Eric's remote readings of the FP Meditations with me, I found Eric' readings to be uncannily accurate and profoundly enlightening as well, for he put into words a certain few experiences I had of each FP Meditation over the past 25 years that I had not put into words yet because Eric uses Ayurvedic language ("chakras", etc.) and I use my own based on Taoist and Buddhist terminology.

As I think I've posted before:  the Deeksha energy and consciousness of the Oneness Meditation movement--for which Eric Isen is a "battery"-- is very powerful, very healing, comes from a spiritual source, and is somewhat similar to Flying Phoenix Qigong in that it activates specific brain centers--but not the same brain centers as FP.  The wonderful fact is that once you master Flying Phoenix Qigong to a certain extent, you can spontaneously channel and partake of the Oneness Meditation energy channel.  Quite honestly, my brain centers and brain surface are profoundly "lighting up" as I simply type this.

So I want to take this opportunity to thank Tao Stillness in Baltimore, MD for introducing me and all the members of the FP Community to Eric Isen, who is a very fine, totally legit and effective medical clairvoyant.  That is, Eric will remotely read the health benefits or anything deleterious that would result from taking any type of  medication--eastern or western, natural-herbal or pharmaceutical, and that results from practicing any form of Yogic, Qi , Meditative or martial art exercise, or undergoing any type of medical or therapeutical,  psychotherapeautic operation, procedure.

I think y'all can tell from this photo below what type of a deeply compassionate and gifted teacher, guide, and healer Eric is.  He has been most helpful of course, in clarifying and corroborating for many FP practitioners and subscribers to this thread the very precise effects and effectiveness of each FP Meditation that they have asked him about.

Eric is also a Harvard grad, but I forgive him for that!

Have a very enjoyable weekend as you further explore the wonders of Flying Phoenix Qigong.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Eric & TD (8x5)72.jpg

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 9

The above photo has such great energy to it! My heart flowed when I saw this.

Thank you for sharing this Sifu Terry. I had consultations over the phone with Eric since 1998 and then finally met him in person about 5 years ago when he flew in from San Diego to attend an inaugural Oneness event for the U.S. held in Wash., DC. It was a treat to experience his joy and warmth.

I will always remember last year when I emailed him from a surgical waiting room in Johns Hopkins Hospital and asked him to tell us what was wrong with our then 5 year old daughter who was there for exploratory surgery. He graciously dropped everything to tune in and immediately got back to us and described what he saw and he told us the surgeons would not be able to see the source of the problem due to the intestines being so flimsy. Shortly after that the surgical team called us in to report their findings and they were exactly as Eric had reported to us, almost verbatim! My wife and I looked at each other in astonishment as the surgeons each gave us their findings. At times I have trusted my life and that of some of my loved ones with Eric's care.

• Like 10

Thank you Sifu Terry for replying to my question. Im glad that I'm not doing something wrong during seated med #1. :)

• Like 1

I managed to transfer a mirrored copy of vol 4 onto my ipad. Took like 4 hours of troubelshooting and finding the right programs, but I did it.  I'l try working on it tomorrow morning.  

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 3:30 PM, Deltrus said:

I managed to transfer a mirrored copy of vol 4 onto my ipad. Took like 4 hours of troubelshooting and finding the right programs, but I did it.  I'l try working on it tomorrow morning.  

Go Get'em, Deltrus!

Good session Tao Tan Pai last night!

Cheers,

Sifu Terry