Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

As energy moves it releases blocks of old stress and in some people this can cause spontaneous bodily

movements. I know of a friend who when doing the rapid breathing chakra clearing method done at Oneness events, her body spontaneously levitates up from her chair each time. She hops up quite far, actually.

Going back to the post about the Cleary version of the Secret of the Golden Flower, I just realized that this is the edition that I have been reading for the past few years, I still find it too complex.

I read the version with the foreword by Jung in the early 1970's but never finished it. I find that meditation from the Vedic tradition in India is very simple when taught correctly compared to all of this visualization required by the Chinese methods. I also found that all the Light that is referred to comes automatically when the right technique is taught.

• Like 1

Sifu Terry, I feel low and dull in energy. Which FP dvd would you suggest me to make myself more energetic?

Hello Learner,

Yes, take Aperiron&Peiron's correct advice:  All the Standing Meditations on Volume 1 (do one after another; do each one for 10 to 15 minutes;  except for Bending of the Bows which sometimes requires more time:  in the beginning do 18 rounds of this exercise every time you practice it.)

And, yes, the last Monk Serves Wine meditation on Volume 2.  But best bet is to do all of the seated Meditations on Volume 2, from beginning to end.  The last 3 Monk Serves Wine Meditations:  do 7 rounds of each.

Good luck.

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S.  I give private online tutorials via Skype on all the FP Qigong Meditation levels.

or the last exercise on DVD #2

AP&P,

Thanks for giving good advice to Learner in response to his question.  Makes my job easier.  Plus, it's gratifying to know that you and others have practiced the FP Qigong system correctly and thoroughly enough to give pointers and guidance to beginners.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

For those who have read the old translation of "The Secret of the Golden Flower" by Richard Wilhelm and commentary by C.G. Jung, or those who want to read it (it is one of Sifu Terry reading recommendations) I strongly recommend to read the newer translation by Thomas Clearly. He has translated other Taoist and Buddhist text and he takes that knowledge into this translation.

Very cheap on amazon, please buy it: https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Golden-Flower-Thomas-Cleary/dp/0062501933

An online version for exploring it until you buy it: http://terebess.hu/keletkultinfo/Cleary-Thomas-Secret-of-the-Golden-Flower.pdf

He shows that the previous translation is dangerously missing the mark on many accounts. Reading this new translation I had so many 'aha' moments. The teachers that have been most influential on me have actually all advised to do something similar to this Golden Flower meditation (basically turning the light of awareness back upon itself, until that is recognized and then return there often). This practice has led to a seeing event of recognizing being that what needs nothing, goes nowhere, never dies or was born. Although that was just a glimpse, the practice of turning the light of awareness around is still helping the 'little me' to be better at integrating and embody that realization, and over time breaking down all striving and dissolving into just being happy.

I love that book. And returning to that realization actually helps me to do Flying Phoenix "without strain or obsession" which is/was hard because of some strong remaining ego patterns of striving.

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on the two most popular translations of Secret of the Golden Flower--Wilhelm/Jung and Thomas Cleary.  I like the two versions about equally, with a slight skew towards Wilhelm/Jung because I like what Jung says philosophically as a western commentator.

Understanding "Secret of the Golden Flower" is important and very relevant to learning Tao Tan Pai (Taoist Elixir Nei Kung) that I teach than it is for learning Flying Phoenix Qigong.  As I have taught from the very start of this thread:  FP Qigong practice requires NO VISUALIZATION WHATSOEVER.  And what is the essential teaching and practice  of "Secret of the Golden Flower"?  It is visualizing the Circulation of the Light until one becomes--and realizes one is--the Way and the Light.  While it is a glorious spiritual triumph to attain to the Light and thus, in the words of the I Ching, become a teacher of gods and men, knowing that methodology is not essential to FP Qigong practice nor is it a prequisite. That is because Flying Phoenix Qigong develops its Light uniquely yogically--with ne'er a thought about Light.  Again, all one has to do is follow the Nike slogan:  "Just do it."

I have made "Secret of the Golden Flower" and  "Tibetan Yoga & Secret Doctrines" by W.Y. Evans-Wentz required reading for all my students in the States and elsewhere over the past 30+ years (with the latter Tibetan text just as important for growth, if not more so) because yogic consciousness is yogic  consciousness, regardless of system, style or cultural origin of the yoga.  I consider "Secret Doctrines" to be the best bible on Yoga ever published.  As I've opined many times, there is more valuable esoteric knowledge in the footnotes of "Tibetan Yoga" than there is in any bookshelf-full of contemporary books on Yoga of any sort.  That's because the secret teachings of Yoga have been slowly dying with the passing of each generation of masters, and dying faster in America with the way Indian yogas are taught here--via a process of what I call MacDonaldization. 

Enjoy your FP practice.

Happy New Year.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

I would like to share a progress report.

Practicing FP is very enjoyable. The most notable experiences are a sense of calm, especially after the practice that stays for a while and is a good start of the day (I do FP in most mornings 30m-90m).

My knees have improved (I no longer feel pain during Monk Holding the Peach, which I do for 7 minutes now, slowly increasing the time in that meditation).

Bending The Bows is making me feel so much stronger and more fit!

During the practice, when the practice is properly slow, I feel, especially during the in breath as if I am a sponge that is gratefully sucking up on nourishing energy, almost as if i'm starved for just this type of nourishing. I find the energy during FP practice calm, cooling, and as I said very nourishing. 

I had some trouble with setting up the practice in the beginning, because the level and amount of practice some of the people do on this thread (especially Sifu Terry) was so intimidating and definitely not something that I can manage without strain or obsession, or without upheaval of my life. Seeing those practice reports triggered two of either responses in me: 1) I can never get to that level, or 2) I-mmust-prractice-mmoorrre! Which resulted in tension and overreaching.

I took me a while (and I have to watch myself still) to integrate the advice: practice without strain or obsession. I am living and exploring the question: "How can I live with a progressive path without falling into the trap of (over) striving? How can I reach an effortless doing in my Gong and in my life."

Worthwhile questions to live with.

So instead of rushing forward until I can do the long form, or taking the challenges that Sifu Terry has put before us (like doing 3 MSW's, seated warmup #1 30 minutes, and 18 BTBs) I come back to doing what feels natural, close to effortless, and sticks close to the basics, and trust myself in this process. When I do, I actually surprise myself with the level of practice that I can do, on some days I easily extend into 90 minutes so that is great. Other days 30 minutes, but because the practice is so enjoyable it often becomes more than that.

I have set goals for myself and signpost to aim for before I move on to the newer material. I'd like to be able to stand pain free in the 3 standing meditations for 20 minutes. Pearl, check. Peach, 7 minutes, Moon 5 minutes (with pain). And maybe aim for 30 minutes in the first seated warmup.

My favorite practice is Bend The Bows, which easily takes 30 minutes for 6-9 reps. I want to naturally extend this until BTB can be done for 18 reps. 

I love to have these goals, and explore the non-striving way of letting the practice reach those milestones. I'll let you know when I do.

Question: If I have only 30 minutes to practice Bending the Bows, would you advice doing 7-9 reps, following a slower speed, or doing 18 reps faster?

My own answer for this moment is practice the speed that feels right and let go of the quantity goal. But I'd love to here different opinions.

Edit:

My very enjoyable morning practice this day was:

20 minutes Monk Holding the Pearl (standing)

30 minutes Bending the Bows (8 repetitions)

15 minutes 3rd seated warm-up

10 minutes 2nd seated warm-up

Edited by Frederic
  • Like 2

The more you trying to grasp intellectually the less you will your effect will become. You can not know without experience so just go experience and practice - knowledge will flow by it's own.

Happy new year to all (I know I'm a bit late). During this holiday my FP practice went a bit downhill, but now I'm back into it. I want to take it slower (slower than how I used to do it few years ago, before I stopped) and try to master each med before adding the next one. At the moment I'm only focusing on the 1st 2 standing meds on vol. 1, working my way up to 15 min for "monk gazing at moon" and 18 rounds of BTB. Im starting to gain some leg strength again (yoga doesn't work your legs like chi gong does). I'm loving the practice and I'm looking forward to "monk holding peach", where I used to sway forward and back like a crazy person and "monk holding pearl" where I used to experience the most shaking and trembling in my body and legs, so much so, that the big heavy table, a few feet away from me, would vibrate on the wooden floor.

• Like 1

Finally I catched up and read the entire thread. Well worth the effort. It answered most of my questions and gave loads of tips and inspiration.

I'm now only practicing Flying Phoenix Qigong. As per a previous tarot reading, the other Qigong was... Page of Swords, and helped to prepare me to choose Flying Phoenix, by building up a gentle consistency in practice. In the beginning, Flying Phoenix with its many different meditations and amount of practice requirements seemed daunting, but now I see it challenges me in exactly the right way.

Yesterday evening practice:

To mask the sounds of the household I looked for the music that Terry Dunn uses on his DVD and bought the track Moonbeam Splashes on Water, put that on repeat and practiced:

Seated warmup #1 10m

MSW #1 20-30m

Seated warmup #3 5m

WOW! I honestly didn't know that breathing in a certain way, and moving in a certain way could engender so much bliss! I met my wife after the practice in tears of gentle joy and gratitude. I've read about these kind of experiences on this thread, but until you experience it yourself it are just words and hard to believe just HOW good this feels.

Thank you.

Bonus experience: every time I do the evening MSW practice (which is not as regular as the morning practice) I remember my dreams better, and this night I went into Lucid mode. I used to practice Lucid Dreaming in my youth but let it go because it took too much effort (I still occasionally visualize the Tibetan letter A in my throat while falling asleep because it calms my mind).That Lucid dreaming happened spontaneously tonight is a great joy, and I blame MSW meditation. I watched my hands, the rest of my body, massaged it to anchor my consciousness and played with the lighting in a museum. 

Any tips for what to do when Lucid, to make most of such a moment?

p.s. The CD of music for Terry Dunns productions is called Poesis Athesis (http://www.aucourantrecords.com/catalog.php?op=detail&cid=38)

and can be listened to on Spotify, but I bought the track Moonbeam on iTunes.

• Like 2

Hello and Happy New Year to the entire Flying Phoenix Qigong community!

Planet Mercury has gone directly (finally), and I am pleased to announce that I will be teaching three FP Qigong workshops at the Eastover Estate in Lenox, Massachusetts in the beautiful Berkshires on the following dates this year:

1.  May 26-29   (3-day workshop)

2.  July 27 - 30  (3-day workshop)

3.  August 29 - Sept. 2   (5 day workshop)

Eastover Estate Resort and Retreat is a beautiful and elegant facility in the Berkshires in the town of Lenox, MA.  it has luxurious accommodations and superb food services to suit anyone following any heath prescription.

You will see the dates of my 3 FPCK workshops at the linked webpage above.
More details will follow shortly as to each workshop's syllabus.

• I will also be participating in the annual Medical Qigong Symposium this June 23 - 30, 2017 at Eastover  as well.  My dates as a presenter have not yet been finalized.  But I will update all notices with those dates as well.

2017 will be a very big year for FP Qigong, Tao Tan Pai arts,  Tai Chi Chuan and Universal Justice.  So mark your calendars, start planning your Qigong getaways, and I look forward to meeting many of you in the beautiful Berkshires to review and perfect your Flying Phoenix practice first and foremost...and any other arts that I preserve as well for those who are versed in them.

Sincerely,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html
Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Did the fourth advanced seated followed by the two standings from volume 3. Finished off with 5th advanced seated. Very clean feeling, and a new feeling of exceptional wellness. This is a welcome relief in the middle of the winter.

thanks all

• Like 1

It looks like I'm not the only one who's decided 2017 is the year to get back into, and get serious about, Flying Phoenix.

I sometimes feel a lot of regret for the last 3 years during which I've been unable to practice regularly due to problems with poor health, blockages and concomitant emotional release, but I've slowly worked, inside and out, to sort myself out and get back to a place where I can pursue the practices I want to with the dedication I want to, and I'm feeling good about things this time.

I just wrapped up a session with the Basic Seated Meditation #1, followed by an experiment with Monk Holding Pearl seated instead of standing, and I'm feeling quite brilliant. Things got a bit bumpy during the breathing sequences, especially the first one - I think the anxiety is as much anticipatory as it is a result of emotional release, especially since FP seems to have something of a dissolving effect on the stagnant emotions released from practice which I haven't found in other Qigong systems.

But I found it easy to ride out with the mindfulness training I've been working on integrating the last 6 months or so, and by the time I got stuck into Monk Holding Pearl I was feeling more deeply relaxed than I have in a long time.

So onward and upward... :)

On a side note, the seated version of Monk Holding Pearl works quite well, although the energy seemed to build up more in the torso and then start circulating more fully around the body only after ending the meditation and moving around a bit, compared to what I remember from when I first started practicing FP, where it seemed to circulate outwards from the LDT more immediately and create that "bubbling" sensation. But it could just be that I'm getting back into the practice after a long break. I'm also getting a rather interesting (and pleasant) "swirling" sensation in the Lower Dantien which I've never experienced before.

I'd be interested in other people's thoughts on MHPearl Seated v. Standing.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

now  day  75  ...  the last couple of days  I have been viewing Sifu Dunn on youtube and following him (mirror image).  Last night i ran the 7 min, ocean and snow covered mtn at 0.5 speed  which of course took 15 min.  

then I did the form  (mirror style)  25 min  ... an important observation is that the form just keeps revealing new energy paths.  Another is that some issues still remain ...  nothing I do can make my inner ear, old-age balance issue go completely away.   I have to open my eyes  slightly in the final 'rising up to standing on one leg'  posture.  (I have practiced this portion by itself many times ... open eyed and closed eyed  )  Closed eye is just too unstable, though I can do some semblance of it most of the time.  Open eye is smooth balanced and I easily follow Sifu in the 'half speed slow version of the video.

I am starting to think  what I will do when I reach completion

Maybe the disk 6  will be ready?    LOL

i would be happy to review and critique it ... do you have an advance edition?   Sifu    heh heh

Peace to all  beings

• Like 1

Circumstances once again led me to doing Flying Phoenix Meditation 60-70-40-5 around 2a.m. last night.

Being that late I was not expecting to be feeling much from it but I wanted to stick to my daily chi kung routine regardless. I did the movements at slower than slow pace and was surprisingly rewarded with that much appreciated sensation of hands moving thru thick clouds of energy which offers subtle resistance sensation. When this is felt strongly, as it was last night, I always come away thinking how unique this Flying Phoenix Chi Kung really is when you can actually sense an energy field. A lot of chi kung forms have you visualize that you are tracing energy. No need to use such make believe tactics with Flying Phoenix.

I think Riding the Ox offers a valuable tip for learning some of the more complex Flying Phoenix movements such as volume 4, the Long Form. Play the disc or you tube version at a slower speed to be able to pick up the nuances until your brain/body has memorized the form. I often also have to put the computer monitor facing a mirror so I do not have to get confused figuring out left and right. Some qigong and tai chi teachers have recently been making their dvds with mirrored teaching. Meaning that when they say go left, in reality they are going right so it matches your left, and vice versa. I learn best that way. No thinking needed, just follow along.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 2

Some qigong and tai chi teachers have recently been making their dvds with mirrored teaching. Meaning that when they say go left, in reality they are going right so it matches your left, and vice versa. I learn best that way. No thinking needed, just follow along. 

Man, that actually sounds really confusing to me :/ 

You're right though, the lack of visualisation is a huge plus. All the meditations I've done which require visualisation seem to end up being too ineffective or far too forceful, without much room in between. And of course so much depends on your ability to visualise properly.

Did a nice round of MSW1 last night, and just feel like reiterating how much I love that meditation :D The soft, flowing movements while seated are incredibly relaxing, and the energy it induces feels very gentle, very nourishing. Only problem is that I'm so out of practice with seated meditation my legs went numb after 20 minutes, even sitting on a cushion. Will have to work on that.

• Like 1

Did the fourth advanced seated followed by the two standings from volume 3. Finished off with 5th advanced seated. Very clean feeling, and a new feeling of exceptional wellness. This is a welcome relief in the middle of the winter.

thanks all

Hello The Fool,

That is a nice practice combining advanced seate Monk Serves Wine meds. of Vol.7 and the 2 intermediate standing meditations of Vol.3.  "Clean" is one of the hallmarks of the FP Healing Energy.  Qualities of the "clean" are  lightness (that very bearable lightness of being, FP Qigong style), and mental clarity.   That great feeling of well-being will expand over time to an ever-more blissful feeling of all-one-ness ...as one traverse to the higher jhanas (levels of concentration-absorption) beyond one-pointedness.

I have been practicing two rounds of the Long Form Standing Med. (Vol.4) everyday since Christmas Day plus 3 Advanced MSW seated meditations including those in Vol.7.  This is in addition to my daily practice of Tai Chi Chuan, Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung & Kuing Fu, and 8 Sections of Energy Kung Fu.  

>> For everyone's information, there are 24 Monk Serves Wine meditations (not including the 3 "preparatory warmup meds" Vol.2 and I have published 8 of them in the DVD series.  (The rest can be learned through a traditional apprenticeship.)   <<

Keep up the good practice.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com

• Like 2

To the FP Qigong Community,

I also want to correct here in a post something that was blathered maybe 3-4 years ago:  Someone from some peanut gallery allied, I recall, perhaps with "Sil Lum" (who got banned from this discussion for trolling) commented that the FP Qigong meditations will reach a point of "saturation" and then have no other additional healing effects.  What I can say to that is:   Au contraire, mon frère.

•• That is only true if one is STUCK at the same level of bodily tension, rigid thinking, and too narrow a logic.  Not growing, in other words.••

I have been practicing FP Qigong for 25 years since I learned it from GM Doo Wai in 1991.  Over the past 5 years, due to rapid progress in my Yang Tai Chi Chuan under the teachings of the great GM William C. C. Chen, my FP Qigong practices (and all other Qigong practices) has been catalyzed and accelerated to the point where I now know--or rather, am reminded again very clearly-- that the FP Healing Energy can be transmitted to another person without touch, just as GM Doo Wai had explained early on in his comparison of our healing technique with that of Tao Tan Pai energy healing:

"We don't manipulate energy;  we just pass our hand over."

The fact of the matter about FP Qigong Meditations is that if you continue to practice the ENTIRE SYSTEM regularly, over the long term you will continue to melt away all complexes of tension, continue to develop the internal FP Healing Energy, start to tangibly feel a reserve of the FP Healing Energy build in your body, and continue to transform and evolve your physical-spiritual being, which is one and the same. 

There has been little meme going around Facebook last year that goes:                                                                                                                                            

You don't have a soul. You are a soul; you have a body, temporarily."

(this saying was incorrectly attributed to C.S. Lewis.  it was actually drived from a saying by George MacDonald in 1892.)

And I would say that the gift of FP Qigong is to deliver your soul elegantly through this lifetime to your next temporary body, or incarnation.

The FP Qigong systems works regardless of what you think of it.  If you persevere in its practice, it will work for you.  Several subscribers have shared their history with FP Qigong saying that they, for one reason or another, had to leave it alone for a year or two, and when they returned to it, they got great results.  That is fine...as long as you get back to it at some point.

Carry On, FP Practioners!

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/videos.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

I just want to inform all FP Qigong practitioners and enthusiasts that I finally completed renovations of my old website, and it is now up and running. 

www.taichimania.com

Of interest to many of you may be my growing schedule of Flying Phoenix Qigong For Health workshops for this year, starting with 3 at the Eastover Estate in Lenox, MA, plus my appearance there on June 28-30 for the Annual Medical Qigong Conference.

I am very excited about the 2017 schedule of workshops because this will be the first time that I am teaching 3-day and 5-day workshops on FP Qigong nationwide (outside of Southern California) since 1998!     Stay tuned to my website's home page (Slide #3) for more information on FP Qigong workshops as more are added to the calendar.

Thank you.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 2

Morning Practice:

18-20x Bend the Bows (yess!) = 35 minutes. First 10 relatively quick and then each round progressively slower and slower.

Followed by the 3 warmups from DVD2 = another 35 minutes. Basked in the enjoyable calm feeling with a few minutes of silent sitting

Last night I had another Lucid dream. I decided to practice BTBs. First round with eyes open and without the breath sequence, because I thought that would wake me up, which it did when I tried that next :-)

Congrats with your upgraded site Sifu Terry! Looks great.

• Like 1

To the FP Qigong Community,

I also want to correct here in a post something that was blathered maybe 3-4 years ago:  Someone from some peanut gallery allied, I recall, perhaps with "Sil Lum" (who got banned from this discussion for trolling) commented that the FP Qigong meditations will reach a point of "saturation" and then have no other additional healing effects.  What I can say to that is:   Au contraire, mon frère.

•• That is only true if one is STUCK at the same level of bodily tension, rigid thinking, and too narrow a logic.  Not growing, in other words.••

I have been practicing FP Qigong for 25 years since I learned it from GM Doo Wai in 1991.  Over the past 5 years, due to rapid progress in my Yang Tai Chi Chuan under the teachings of the great GM William C. C. Chen, my FP Qigong practices (and all other Qigong practices) has been catalyzed and accelerated to the point where I now know--or rather, am reminded again very clear-- that the FP Healing Energy can be transmitted to another person without touch, just as GM Doo Wai had explained early on in his comparison of our healing technique with that of Tao Tan Pai energy healing:

"We don't manipulate energy;  we just pass our hand over."

The fact of the matter about FP Qigong Meditations is that if you continue to practice the ENTIRE SYSTEM regularly, over the long term you will continue to melt away all complexes of tension, continue to develop the internal FP Healing Energy, start to tangibly feel a reserve of the FP Healing Energy build in your body, and continue to transform and evolve your physical-spiritual being, which is one and the same. 

There has been little meme going around Facebook last year that goes:                                                                                                                                             You don't have a soul. You are a soul; you have a body, temporarily."

(this saying was incorrectly attributed to C.S. Lewis.  it was actually drived from a saying by George MacDonald in 1892.)

And I would say that the gift of FP Qigong is to deliver your soul elegantly through this lifetime to your next temporary body, or incarnation.

The FP Qigong systems works regardless of what you think of it.  If you persevere in its practice, it will work for you.  Several subscribers have shared their history with FP Qigong saying that they, for one reason or another, had to leave it alone for a year or two, and when they returned to it, they got great results.  That is fine...as long as you get back to it at some point.

Carry On, FP Practioners!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Is there a range limit on this healing effect? It would be amazing if the FP energy could be transmitted long distance the way someone like Eric Isen does their healing - especially since the two energies (the Oneness Meditation energy and the FP Chi) seem similar in many ways.

What you said about tension also brings to mind something I was wondering the other day - I was watching a video of a Tai Chi teacher discussing the concept of Sung in Tai Chi practice and the continual release of layers of tension as one progresses, and it seems to me that FP Qigong would be uniquely suited to practice alongside Tai Chi, not just because of the health and spiritual benefits (which would also complement any other martial art), but because one of the most obvious effects of the FP Chi seems to be the active seeking out and releasing of tension within the body. Would this be a fair assessment?

And if you don't mind one last question, do you have any advice on using the FP system to release emotional tension caused by sustained stress and past trauma?

Several years ago, only a few months after discovering the FP system, I received a powerful surge of energy during meditation (not Flying Phoenix - I believe it was related to Hermetic practices I was working with at the time) which had the effect of breaking through some kind of emotional blockage, and ever since then I experienced an intense upwelling of negative emotion whenever I meditated. Unfortunately for a long time this effect overpowered even the healing capabilities of the FP meditations, and I could only practice sporadically.

I've been working for the last 3 years to process this, to work the emotional chafe out of my system ("grist for the mill," I believe you once called it) and get myself back into a better place so I can resume full time practice, taking up mindfulness training to help process the emotional release and working with several healing practitioners via herbs and direct healing, and I seem to be finally getting back into a place where I can resume a daily FP Qigong practice, but any thoughts you have on how particularly to apply the FP system in this situation would be massively helpful.

As always, thanks for taking the time to spread some wisdom :)

• Like 2

Also I have question. I was thinking to developing a robot-skeleton for some qigong styles that actually moves body for you, some-like suit or thing you wear and it moves you the way to practice for 24/48 hours sessions. What do you think about this Sifu Terry? 

Image that you have automatic moving vehicle which you locks around your joints and sets you up in all practices when you can just relax. I think that the future when we can actually use technology to develop our gong fu. 

• Like 1

I want to state there is no similarity between Oneness Deeksha and any form of chi kung. The proclaimed Avatar of the Oneness Deeksha has made it clear that this is a unique energy that has never before been brought to this planet. The Oneness Deeksha works by literally and physically rewiring the brain so that the mental chatter of the thinking mind, also called Ego, produced by the parietal lobes of the brain are quieted, while the higher consciousness is expanded by stimulating the forebrain. The result is that if a person attends the 3 week processing course at Oneness University, they leave having reached some degree of an initial Awakened state of consciousness. Once Awakened, it is permanent. And that means situations no longer stick with you for long periods of time, and you respond in the here and now thru clear perceptions instead of thru ages old social conditioning from the unconscious mind making all kinds of associations due to prior experiences from this lifetime and previous ones. As a TM meditator daily for 43 years, it was a real eye opener when I heard the Avatar state that repeating a mantra is not going to get you enlightened. He may have a point there since no one that I know of or have heard about has ever mentioned anyone in the TM movement who is said to have even reached the first stage of enlightenment which we refer to as Cosmic Consciousness. I was in that higher state for one day while on an experimental TM course but it was not permanent. If it is not permanent, then it is not Enlightenment. So I just put this out there to pass along the claim that Oneness is a unique energy. I have seen people come to our Oneness Deeksha sessions and come away thinking it was just like Reiki. This is why on the path we need teachers because intellectual understanding is needed to understand our experiences along the way in order to avoid being confused.

• Like 1