Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Shifu Dunn,

I would have a short question and if it has already been posted, then my apologies.

Has anyone permanently healed himself through the practice of Flying Phoenix Qigong of a serious illness like multiple sclerosis, cancer, Lou Gehrig's disease, tubercolosis etc.?

Thank you in advance for the reply.

An Yongle

Hello An Yongle,

Right offhand, I have concrete evidence of marked healing of one of the diseases you mentioned:   Last April, a female student of mine named Alaina who has multiple sclerosis and who had taken my weekly 2-hour Qigong course for approx. 7 months informed me that when she had a routine MRI brain scan done, her doctor told her that (1) there were no new lesions that had appeared since her last scan (which was a first--because every previous scan had shown the formation of up to 50 new lesions) and that (2)  six lesions had disappeared completely.  Her doctor was naturally very impressed and told her to continue doing whatever she was doing!

Attached below is the April 24 email I just dug up that I sent to Delfin, who I believe is a Daobums member and subscriber to this thread, in response to his inquiry about FP Qigong and M.S.

Thank you for your post.  For it caused me to remember this evidence of FP's efficacy in stabilizing and (slightly yet definitively) reversing M.S. symptoms.

And to all FPCK subscribers who have friends or relations with multiple sclerosis:   please pass on this information.

Thank you!

Sifu Terry Dunn

post-51415-0-89132500-1442914731_thumb.png

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

To all FP Practitioners:

My morning practice was a review of all the standing moving FP meditations as taught in Vols. 1, 3, and 4:

A)  Bending the Bows - 9 slow repetitions.

B ) Long Form Standing Med. done in 20 minutes.

C)  Wind Above the Clouds done twice, a

D)  Wind Through the Treetops done twice, each 7 minutes.

E)  Moonbeam - 2 rounds.

As I had many times in recent years, I experienced several durations of "automatic movements" in each of the above 5 FP Moving Meditations where after I ended the exercise with three deep breathes, of course, I had no memory of doing the specific movements and no memory or sense of the time that had elapsed--e.g., like those of Wind Through Treetops.  But yet I knew with absolute certainty that I had done the Form correctly and at a perfectly slow speed.

I've decided to finally coin this verified phenomenon in the Flying Phoenix Meditative Experience as "Stopping the World While Moving."

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Carry on!

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

To all FP Practitioners:

My morning practice was a review of all the standing moving FP meditations as taught in Vols. 1, 3, and 4:

A)  Bending the Bows - 9 slow repetitions.

B ) Long Form Standing Med. done in 20 minutes.

C)  Wind Above the Clouds done twice, a

D)  Wind Through the Treetops done twice, each 7 minutes.

E)  Moonbeam - 2 rounds.

As I had many times in recent years, I experienced several durations of "automatic movements" in each of the above 5 FP Moving Meditations where after I ended the exercise with three deep breathes, of course, I had no memory of doing the specific movements and no memory or sense of the time that had elapsed--e.g., like those of Wind Through Treetops.  But yet I knew with absolute certainty that I had done the Form correctly and at a perfectly slow speed.

I've decided to finally coin this verified phenomenon in the Flying Phoenix Meditative Experience as "Stopping the World While Moving."

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Carry on!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Dear Sifu Terry,

I am doing mostly sitting meds, one still(mudra with % breath)  and one moving (Advanced MSW last one) consecutively, at least 3 sets in a row.

During the meds, closed eyes mode turn into something like an overclocked processor with the boost of FPCK flame.

"The Watcher" with an extreme patience and respect, waits for my naive ego to form sentences out of feelings and synthesize cognition at the speed of a dead old dinosaur.

Sense of time/ pace of life is dependent upon my remembering, ie recognizing the feeling, pulling out words, forming a sentence, and  looking at my creation  :wacko: when my eyes are closed (maybe also when they are open).

That relative very slow unefficient speed is the pace of my ordinary life/ my time. 

During the meds, many times The Watcher sees through an hour of the meditation(from beginning to end) in an instant, then I lose it again.

It is able to command time, but unwilling to record it for my ego to pull it out  :D yet...

When one masters FPCK, I am sure he/she will also master the time.

Thanks a lot again for initiating us into this wonderful art.

Happy practicing to everyone,

Cihan

• Like 1

From reading through the forums on the Flying Phoenix system I'm really excited to get started and experience the benefits. I recently received volumes 1 and 2 but I'm limited in the amount of time I have to practice.

If I can carve out 20-30 minutes/day how would you suggest I tackle the program for best results?

Thanks for your help.

Dear Sifu Terry,

I am doing mostly sitting meds, one still(mudra with % breath)  and one moving (Advanced MSW last one) consecutively, at least 3 sets in a row.

During the meds, closed eyes mode turn into something like an overclocked processor with the boost of FPCK flame.

"The Watcher" with an extreme patience and respect, waits for my naive ego to form sentences out of feelings and synthesize cognition at the speed of a dead old dinosaur.

Sense of time/ pace of life is dependent upon my remembering, ie recognizing the feeling, pulling out words, forming a sentence, and  looking at my creation  :wacko: when my eyes are closed (maybe also when they are open).

That relative very slow unefficient speed is the pace of my ordinary life/ my time. 

During the meds, many times The Watcher sees through an hour of the meditation(from beginning to end) in an instant, then I lose it again.

It is able to command time, but unwilling to record it for my ego to pull it out  :D yet...

When one masters FPCK, I am sure he/she will also master the time.

Thanks a lot again for initiating us into this wonderful art.

Happy practicing to everyone,

Cihan

Hello Cihan,

Thanks for reporting in on you practice!  Good the you're practicing the seated FP Meds.

I enjoy your description of "closed eyes mode"!  Keep doing those meditations longer and the feeling will not be of an overclocked processor.

Sense of time/ pace of life is dependent upon my remembering, ie recognizing the feeling, pulling out words, forming a sentence, and  looking at my creation...

These are good indications that you get out of Time in your meditation.

If by the "Watcher" you mean your pure unattached Consciousness, wonderful, isn't it that it can see amour of meditation from beginning to end in an instant...thus proving that Time is a construct.

It is my pleasure to introduce Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Kung to those with the interest, mental capacity,  and compassionate heart to tread this path to the Tao.

Good practicing.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Cihan's post #3403 and his account of  the "Watcher" during his FP Meditations is in perfect synchronicity with my posting last night of Chapter 21 of the Tao Te Ching on my Facebook product page, "Terry Dunn's Tai Chi For Health":

https://www.facebook.com/Terry-Dunns-Tai-Chi-For-Health-236579434951/timeline/

...which I will post again here in two parts:

Tao Te Ching: Chapter 21
translated by Lionel Giles (1905)

The mightiest manifestations of active force (Te)
flow solely from Tao.

Tao in itself is vague, impalpable, —
how impalpable, how vague!
Yet within it there is Form.
How vague, how impalpable!
Yet within it there is Substance.
How profound, how obscure!
Yet within it there is a Vital Principle.

This principle is the Quintessence of Reality,
and out of it comes Truth.

From of old until now, its name has never passed away.
It watches over the beginning of all things.
How do I know this about the beginning of things?
Through Tao.*

*James Legge poetically translates the last passage:

Its name — what passes not away;
So, in their beautiful array,
Things form and never know decay.
How know I that it is so with all the beauties of existing things? By this (nature of the Tao).

https://33.media.tumblr.com/a5d2523e8a4fc92e1629ae9937d870f6/tumblr_nl4lm8O73g1u93xcqo1_500.gif

• Like 1

This is part 2 of 2-part posting about Chapter 21 of the Tao Te Ching, which I was inspired to recall when FP students here in L.A. --along with Taobum Cihan in Turkey chimed in to describe their experiences while doing FP seated meditations, Monk Serves Wine.  This follow-up post is from my Facebook product page:

btw, the 21st chapter from the Tao Te Ching posted previously is not "mystical philosophy."
It is a description of Physical Reality and an expression of
phenomenology in high meditative states of consciousness.

Lionel Giles (the son of Herbert Giles) was an English sinologist and a Taoist at heart and he was one of the few, in my humble opinion, who came closest to translating Chapter 21 of the Tao Te Ching accurately for the west. But because he had limited or no meditative and yogic experience, he missed the phenomenology discernible in the  higher states of consciousness (HSC) cultivated by Taoist Yogas (or any high Yoga), even though he translated the classical Chinese characters accurately and the open secret were staring at him point blank:

Tao in itself is vague, impalpable, —
how impalpable, how vague!
Yet within it there is Form.
How vague, how impalpable!
Yet within it there is Substance.
How profound, how obscure!
Yet within it there is a Vital Principle.

Tao Te Ching: Chapter 21
            translated by Lionel Giles (1905)

post-51415-0-13428600-1444187907_thumb.png

Edited by zen-bear

wade-giles  /  pinyin  confusion perpetuate  

T'ai Chi Ch'uan  /  Tai ji quan  ...   not mystical  just linguist nightmare 

Hello to all Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Kung practitioners and followers of this thread:

Today is Double Ten, the National Day of the Republic of China,  as it commemorates the start of the Wuchang Uprising of October 10, 1911 (10-10 or double ten), which led to the collapse of the Qing Dynasty in China and establishment of the ROC on January 1, 1912. (Nominal formation of the Chinese Republic under the Kuo Ming Tang (KMT) took place  later in 1928).  At any rate, Double Ten is traditionally an auspicious day for all Chinese  cosmologically to start new businesses--or to launch benevolent uprisings!   The karmic settlement of debt accounts held by tyranny is naturally the goal and outcome of revolution.

This post is notification of the accelerated, spiritually catalyzed collection of a karmic debt that I believe was incurred by certain corporate money-changers and their minions trying to exploit the the novice marketplace for Tai Chi instruction starting in 1999 by deception--and coming to a head with me personally in 2001, fourteen years ago.   As a public service I have started this discussion thread to expose one particular person and his work, which I consider to be awful and disgusting in every respect, characterized (I believe) by fundamental dishonesty, lack of integrity, transparent corruption (as seen in the videos mounted on the linked Youtube Channel below), and therefore no respect for the arts that he claims to have mastered nor the Chinese masters, traditions and martial lineages that have preserved them through the centuries. Therefore, in my opinion, this person and his temporal influence represents one of the most noxious and insidious viruses plaguing the world of unsuspecting, inexperienced, beginner-level enthusiasts of Tai Chi Chuan and internal martial arts in general.

I therefore ask everyone who seeks and respects truth, authenticity, physical and spiritual health, and all things the honorable in our martial arts to carefully consider the material presented on this new Youtube channel (link is below), and then strongly consider boycotting and advocating BOYCOTT of EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that this person has put his name to. For it is my studied opinion that there is no better example today of the following ancient Chinese saying than the self-proclaimed "Tai Chi and Zen master, David Dorian Ross":

"When the wrong man uses the right means, the right means work in the wrong way."

Also most pertinent here with regards to this person, in my opinion, are these (negative) conditions warned about in the form of  "Elegant sayings" in the classic tome, "Tibetan Yoga & Secret Doctrines", translated by W.Y. Evans-Wentz (Oxford Univ. Press, 1935):

Meditation without Knowledge, though giving results for awhile,
           Will, in the end, be devoid of true success;
           One may melt gold and silver completely,
           But once the fire be gone they grow hard again.

Although a cloth be washed a hundred times,

How can it be rendered clean and pure
           If it be washed in after which is dirty?

--
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ25_amAVNCszW7r4vI0pRQ

Happy Ten-Ten-Fifteen to all!

Sifu Terence Dunn

P.S.  if any daobums subscriber wishes to discuss any of the materials that I've mounted in the new Youtube channel, "Honey Badger Does Not Care", please feel free to start a new thread and I will be glad to participate.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

To all Flying Phoenix Chi Kung Practioners and followers of this discussion thread:

To keep to the subject of FP Qigong practice, I have started a new thread, which will be an ON-GOING PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT dedicated to the matter that I posted above:   the self-proclaimed "tai chi and Zen master" david dorian ross.

The new discussion topic and PSA is here here:

http://thedaobums.com/topic/39553-tai-chi-zen-master-david-dorian-ross/

Please chime in and contribute to this Public Service Announcement whenever you have time, and start spreading clips through social media from the "Honey Badger Doesn't Care" Youtube channel in this suggested order:

1)      Hey, he's the COACH of the Chinese national martial arts team!!!  Woohoo--Oh, my.  Very impressive!!          

2)       4.5 hours after swearing to tell the truth, ross swears himself in again!:

3)        Hmmm, Ross here claims that his A.M.Chi video here is NOT a Tai Chi video, and swears under oath that he never once mentioned the term "Tai Chi" to Healing Arts Publishing LLC president Steve Adams.   

But, but, but, but lookee here, at his own Youtube post of "A.M. Chi":  The caption reads:   "This calm, serence sequence flows through and explains beginner-level moves and patterns for learning and practicing Tai Chi." !!!

Hmm, I wonder if david dorian ross might have told any other lies during the five hours of this deposition?

4)  david dorian ross states that he is doing "Fair lady Works AT Shuttles", a Tai Chi posture, in video frames printed from "Lower Body Chi For Beginners" DVD produced by Gaiam, Inc. and  put before him by Dunn's attorney, Bill Ford. Ross then verifies that other video frames excerpted from Terry Dunn's "Tai Chi For Health" videos show Dunn doing "Fair Lady Works at Shuttles."  But throughout the five-hours of testimony under oath, ross said that neither "Lower Body Chi" nor "A.M. Chi" videos were Tai Chi videos...because he did not have the internal intent to do Tai Chi (!! :o!!)   :blink:  :wacko:  :o  :excl:

5)   d.d.r. testifies that any "master" would say that his "Lower Body Chi" video was NOT a Tai Chi video!:

Enjoy the humor of this steady expose´ on the new thread !   There will be lots more coming.  For I have fourteen years of postponed excoriation and condemnation of this person to catch up on.

Now back to FP Qigong!

Sifu Terence Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Never heard of him and chasing after these types can be a full time job.  :blink: That being said, I take your word for it.  ;)

Thank-you for the heads up. :)

Edited by rldawson
  • Like 2

A rose is a rose is a rose, by any other name is a rose!

But in this case, the  Dorian Ross species of rose stinks like - - - -!

Does this thief have a website so we can directly express our reaction to the above posted testimony?

Hey Dorian, look I am waving a middle finger, does this mean I too am doing tai chi?. You told the TV audience on your PBS dog and pony show that anyone who can wave can also do tai chi. Put me on your show so I can wave my middle finger directly at you and we will call it tai chi.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

Never heard of him and chasing after these types can be a full time job. :blink: That being said, I take your word for it. ;)

Thank-you for the heads up. :)

Hi Rob,

You'll welcome.

I'm glad that you never heard of the guy. And I think it's because you're not a resident of the U.S.--fortunately, in this respect. He's not at a level of skill (in my opinion) that would put him on the radar of serious practitioners of the Tai Chi and other Chinese internal arts that attend workshops worldwide given by real masters such as the one's I've referred to and celebrated in this discussion thread (e.g. GM Doo Wai (of course, with respect to FP Qigong), the late GM and taoist priest Share K. Lew, Tai Chi GM William C.C. Chen, Master Bow Sim Mark,  Master Tung Kai-Ying, and others).

Last Thursday morning I woke up and suddenly felt it that was my timely duty to put everything I have about this self-proclaimed "Tai Chi master" and "Zen master" out on the worldwide web as a PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT---after 14 years of keeping this recorded pile of crap--i.e., the deposition videos--to myself. ("7 and 7 is.")

It's just incredible to me how stupid and foolish people can be in giving themselves the false martial arts title/honorific of "Master"--when they clearly are not, and even worse, giving themselves false spiritual titles (e.g. "Zen master") --all in order to deceive people to make a buck.   :blink:  :o  :angry:

post-51415-0-87120700-1444662334_thumb.png

(A) There is naturally bad karma and negative repercussions when someone calls himself a Tai Chi master (or a master any Chinese martial art) when one clearly is not.  For one's title always gets tested.  Vainglory and false pride will get you your ass kicked--usually repeatedly until one learns his lesson from the Universe.

(B ) Even worse--in terms of being ground zero for spiritual fall-out--is calling oneself a Zen master--when one clearly is not. Chan (Zen) Buddhism in China dates back 2000 years and Zen Buddhism in Japan go back approx. 1500 years. You think some of those guardian spirits won't be waiting for the asses of those who are perverting and prostituting their respective traditions?  Or even crossing over to pay a little corrective visit?  7 and 7 is.

At any rate, if you want to see my expanded comments about the extremely bad karma associated with the above two acts of hubris--specifically with regards to "Tai Chi master" and "Zen master" david dorian ross, please visit this new discussion thread and participate:

http://thedaobums.co...id-dorian-ross/

For I do want to keep this thread on track with discussion of FP Qigong training. :excl:

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

A rose is a rose is a rose, by any other name is a rose!

But in this case, the  Dorian Ross species of rose stinks like - - - -!

Does this thief have a website so we can directly express our reaction to the above posted testimony?

Hey Dorian, look I am waving a middle finger, does this mean I too am doing tai chi?. You told the TV audience on your PBS dog and pony show that anyone who can wave can also do tai chi. Put me on your show so I can wave my middle finger directly at you and we will call it tai chi.

Hello Charlie,

I consider the fact that I sat on these deposition videos of david dorian ross for fourteen years a test of "REN", a cardinal virtue in the Chinese martial arts.  Yes, I was enraged and incensed for years over what I thought was 5 hours insidious lies crafted by him and the lawyers of Gaiam, Inc.  (His testimony helped Gaiam, Inc. pretty much get away with breaching an 8-year standing contract I originally had with another video distributor, Healing Arts Publishing Inc., which they took over in a hostile take-over in the spring of 1999 and thus became successor-in-interest.  The lawsuit I filed against Gaiam in 2000 was settled in Sept. 2003 on terms that I did not find optimal, to say the least.  But I got the rights to my Tai Chi for Health videos back.)  

But letting this guy eat his karma over the past 14 years--only to check in now to do this expose´ with the deposition videos is satisfying and a valuable affirmation of the wisdom of Sun Tzu.  

"Ren" means to perservere, forbear, and tolerate--with a special, emphatic connotation of self-restraint, self-control and sacrifice. The Chinese character is composed of the "heart" with a "knife" over (meaning through) it.   

post-51415-0-77441600-1444660067_thumb.jpg

My apologies to the FP Community for interrupting the discussion on FP Qigong training to give notice of this   expose´  of  "Tai Chi master and Zen master" david dorian ross, whose influence on Tai Chi education I consider to be a virus--a very unctuous virus.

But now at least, all you soldiers of the Tao have opportunity to have your "Ren" exercised and tested as well!  ;)

Good practicing!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hello Sifu Terry,

As you may recall, I live in Europe. At some point in the thread, something like 2 years ago, there was a talk of organizing a Flying Phoenix Chi Kung workshop in the UK, but it failed.

It looks like someone is teaching Flying Phoenix Chi Kung in the Netherlands. Here is the website link.

Is it someone you know and have authorized to teach the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung system?

Many thanks

Sincerely

• Like 1

I think there is no instructor in the Netherlands. I did FPQ for 2 years and I am living in the Netherlands. I got some private lessons from Sifu Terry. It was a good study but I missed a real Sifu. That site and that name: I never heard of that man! Mmmmh I looked again on his site and saw a description and a picture of DVD vol. 1 so I think a DVD master

with kind regards

John

Edited by John Reinhard
  • Like 2

Hello Sifu Terry,

As you may recall, I live in Europe. At some point in the thread, something like 2 years ago, there was a talk of organizing a Flying Phoenix Chi Kung workshop in the UK, but it failed.

It looks like someone is teaching Flying Phoenix Chi Kung in the Netherlands. Here is the website link.

Is it someone you know and have authorized to teach the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung system?

Many thanks

Sincerely

Hello Bubbles,

Thank you for your post inquiring about Flying Phoenix Qigong workshops in Europe, reminding us of the false-start with workshops in the U.K. (that Adrian Pengelly (Jeremiah Zeitgeist) said he would sponsor only to suddenly disappear), and your recent find of Sjaak Terwindt's advertised teachings of FP Qigong in the Netherlands.

For your information and the European community of FP Qigong practitioners, Sjaak Terwindt in the Netherlands only purchased my Tai Chi for Health and Chi Kung For Health DVD's (from 2008 to 2011) but  has had no personal instruction from me whatsoever.  I do recall having a cordial exchange of emails with him around the time that he purchased some of my instructional DVD's.  

It's a shame that he's decided to teach FP Qigong without consulting with me first.  My main objection is that I haven't a clue of whether he is doing them correctly or teaching them correctly, has sense of their energetic and rejuvenatory effects, or is any sort of positive agent or catalyst to teach the FP Qigong system.  He certainly would have no understanding of the underpinning relationship that  FP Qigong has to the entire body of Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu, including numerous other internal systems (such as Sunn Yi Gung) that are just as vast as FP Qigong.

Over the last 3 years, I have been actively teaching online Qigong lessons to students in the U.K., France, Germany, Russia, and even Peru, and of course to students all over the U.S.   But Mr. Terwindt has not received any lessons from me.

So to answer your question:  he is not my student and is not authorized to represent himself as a teacher of the Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation system.  But only as John Reinhard, his countryman, has just put it, a "dvd master".

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

As always, buyer beware!

We are still in Kali Yuga according to Vedic Science. Falsehood abounds in the age of darkness before there is Light.

So this is typical for people lacking the state of Consciousness that these energy arts are derived from to be claiming to be teachers of the art.

The blind shall not lead the blind. Dorian David Ross has branched out to the Netherlands?

• Like 1

Hi, i just thought i would mention my experiences the last 3 weeks or so.

On the 21st of the 9th i did dvd 1 and 2. I also did 3 rounds of 7 repetitions of the sleepers on dvd 7... as it was the 21st 3x7 = 21 .  I should probably keep away from numerology i think it might be turning me a bit crazy. I managed to do each set of 7 without stopping despite it killing my right knee.

The next day i felt an abundance of fp energy and when doing the 3rd meditation on dvd 2 the 50 10 50 i had so much chi that i stayed in that pose for quite away and really really enjoyed it...usually i dont feel much energy in that posture. 

I have some form of IBS and i think i have found out how to cure it however i keep getting hooked on tobacco and weed, very stupid considering the hell i have been through the past two years thanks to this ibs. So i spiral down again then give up the smoking but part of the withdrawel is that it makes my digestive system worse so then i loose even more body weight and suffer tremendously and wonder if i will even get better.

I mention this because i usually feel allot of blissful chi naturally but with the IBS since i can barely absorb my food i feel nothing however after doing the FP i managed to build up allot of blissful chi despite being so ill that when im not working im pretty much sleeping all day waiting to heal.

However this weekend i did not feel as much of the energy and i couldn't figure out why, i do at least dvd 2 everyday and the sleeper but all the energy seemed to pretty much dissapear.

The only thing i can think of is that its part of me being in a terrible state with my IBS or that doing the five Tibetans in this vid somehow inteferred as i did some of these over the weekend.

'my name is fabrice' lol

So perhaps i should not do these or perhaps i just was doing the meditations poorly.

Hi, i just thought i would mention my experiences the last 3 weeks or so.

On the 21st of the 9th i did dvd 1 and 2. I also did 3 rounds of 7 repetitions of the sleepers on dvd 7... as it was the 21st 3x7 = 21 .  I should probably keep away from numerology i think it might be turning me a bit crazy. I managed to do each set of 7 without stopping despite it killing my right knee.

The next day i felt an abundance of fp energy and when doing the 3rd meditation on dvd 2 the 50 10 50 i had so much chi that i stayed in that pose for quite away and really really enjoyed it...usually i dont feel much energy in that posture. 

I have some form of IBS and i think i have found out how to cure it however i keep getting hooked on tobacco and weed, very stupid considering the hell i have been through the past two years thanks to this ibs. So i spiral down again then give up the smoking but part of the withdrawel is that it makes my digestive system worse so then i loose even more body weight and suffer tremendously and wonder if i will even get better.

I mention this because i usually feel allot of blissful chi naturally but with the IBS since i can barely absorb my food i feel nothing however after doing the FP i managed to build up allot of blissful chi despite being so ill that when im not working im pretty much sleeping all day waiting to heal.

However this weekend i did not feel as much of the energy and i couldn't figure out why, i do at least dvd 2 everyday and the sleeper but all the energy seemed to pretty much dissapear.

The only thing i can think of is that its part of me being in a terrible state with my IBS or that doing the five Tibetans in this vid somehow inteferred as i did some of these over the weekend.

'my name is fabrice' lol

So perhaps i should not do these or perhaps i just was doing the meditations poorly.

Hello Blue Phoenix,

Thanks of sharing your FP Qigong experiences of late with an eye on numerology.

And sorry to hear that you are still suffering from the IBS and am trying to heal yourself.

I watched your demo of the 5 Tibetan Rites (henceforth, 5TR)  carefully.  I recall that you explained this system to me when we exchanged P.M. around year or so ago.  

My assessment is that:

(1)  they look more Indian than Tibetan to me.

(2)  these 5 exercises are okay for calisthenic exercise, but they ar not relevant at all to optimizing the effect of FP Qigong practice.  

(3)  I don't see therapeutic benefits being imparted by this system that would be anything close to the cultivation of the FP Healing Energy.  

(4)  While I've said above that these 5 Tibetan Rites exercises will NOT further FP Qigong practice, I can't say that it would hinder or degrade the effects of FP Qigong practice.

My advice is to play it safe and practice the FP Qigong at a different time of day--a good number hours away from the time when you practice the 5TR exercise.

I hope you find an effective cure for the IBS.

Sincerely,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

last night I taught the third class in a 10-week course of FP Qigong.  The class consisted of:

45 minutes of Tai Chi warm-up exercises involving wu-chi, bow stances, and cat stances. This was followed by these FP exercises in this order:

1.  Monk Holding Pearl - 10 min.

2.  Monk Holding Peach - 10 min.

3.  Monk Gazing At Moon - 8 min.

4.  Bending the Bows - 20 minutes.

5.  Monk Serves Wine #1 (90 50 40 30 10) 7 times - 20 minutes.

All my 8 students were visibly vibrating from head to toe by the time they were doing Monk Gazing At Moon and Bending the Bows.

At the end of the 2-hour class, one student reported a very pleasant lightness feeling in the upper body and head and what she described as "a near-blissful feeling of actual rejuvenation."

This is a reminder that beginners should practice each of the basic FP Qigong Meditations for 8-10 minutes each.  And it is most important Bending the Bows 18 times per set, as it is the most important of the basic standing and moving FP Meditations.  To be done very slowly--approaching "the speed of a shifting sand dune"!

Enjoy your practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Hi Sifu Terry and to all other FP practitioners,

since it just came up here: Does anyone have a good recommendation for a numerology resource/book? For the last months I seem to recognize a lot of number patterns... like 1111, 2222, 333, a lot of 7s and so on... I don't know if this is just a coincidence.

Greetings!

Julian

• Like 1

My deepest condolescences to the family and friends of young Doctor Jamie Zimmerman. I'm still stunned and heartbroken from news earlier today of her tragic death in Hawaii while on vacation. Jamie was a doctor, humanitarian, and passionate advocate of "meditation medicine" and mindfulness practices, and a medical expert for ABC-News. Rescue workers said that she had lost her footing while crossing a river on the north coast of Kauai and was swept out to sea and drowned. She was just 31.

I had met Jamie in September 2013 at the Starbucks coffee shop near my home on Montana Ave. and 7th Street in Santa Monica when I was seated at an outdoor table, plugged-in giving an emergency online Qigong lesson to a student in Germany, I recall. Jamie was at a table to my right and had seen/overheard my Skyping. After I finished the Skype session, she asked me if I was a Qigong teacher and I said yes and we proceeded to get acquainted. She told me that she was a physician and a meditation teacher working at the nexus of the art of meditation and neuroscience. She was working in NYC at that time and was very active in promoting meditation medicine and completing her documentary film called "Quiet Revolution" about a meditation program for the inner city "problem kids" in Baltimore, which was to be a media centerpiece for a national social media campaign in coordination with ABC Nightline and a host prominent mind-body medical experts and social engineers. Jamie was inspired to do this project after taking this teaching of the Dalai Lama to heart:

“If we taught all 8 year olds to meditate, we would eliminate all violence from the world within one generation.”

I was instantly impressed by the fact that Jamie was not a New Age dilettante but truly walked the walk of teaching and advocating integrative mind-body medicine. Being a practitioner of ancient Chinese yogic, healing, and martial arts, and a preserver of several ancient monastic traditions of Chinese Yoga (Qigong) for 39 years at the time we met, I was naturally interested in her work, so I explained my past work in pioneering the practice of Tai Chi and Qigong in modern medicine and professional sports, including the implementation in 1999 of my Qigong and Taoist Meditation protocol at Cedars-Sinai Hospital's Dept. of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery headed by Dr. Greg Fontana, close friend of and counterpart to Dr. Mehmet Oz at Columbia Presbyterian. That led to me sending Jamie copies of my two popular DVD series. We stayed in touch by email and Facebook over the next 2 years and we regularly exchanged notes on our respective projects and looked off and on for areas of collaboration.

Jamie was a natural-born healer and teacher on a personal and social level. This is obvious from the passion, compassion, intelligence and versatility that she applied to every cutting edge project that she undertook. One of my favorite little educational projects she did is her short video consultation teaching "8 Steps to Bravery", which I consider to be one of the best in this genre:

--not-so-little at all in terms of its beneficial impact on many people, including myself, a tested 61- year old Chinese kung-fu master!

Her job as medical expert and journalist for ABC News resonated perfectly with her past experience as globe-trotting humanitarian physician who had aided Congolese refugees, an impoverished hospital in India, schools in Uganda, and indigenous peoples in Peru. She was also part of an activist group in NY working for peace between Gaza and Israel.

I saw Jamie as a rising star of an advocate for meditation (mind-body) medicine who had the right approach of backing up her advocacy with hands-on teaching of professionals, well-thought-out social media campaigns—all backed by her academic rigor in neuroscience. At 31, she had knowledge of East-West integrative medicine that was far beyond her years and was just beginning to get that valuable Knowledge outside of herself to have far-reaching impact.

Beyond the terrible loss to her family and loved ones, Jamie's passing is a most tragic loss to the world because there is no telling what she might have accomplished given her trajectory on her visionary path. Not too many physicians with her kind of ecumenical awareness come around each generation. Her genuine compassion and missionary zeal to transform medicine on an industry level and society itself in so many ambitious, realistic and promising ways was most inspiring--especially to an old warhorse and survivor of the New Age/holistic health barnyard like myself. My prayers go out to her dynamic soul for a peaceful passage and ask that she comes back soon--even more equipped to complete her mission of healing and enlightenment.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2507691&fref=ts

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3