Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Thanks for that Terry.

I truly am being sincere with no false flattery. But what you, Gary and the rest have provided here has been most useful to me with these different methods, their comparison, the lineages, your own personal experiences and elaborations. Thank you all again very much.

Important in identifying and avoiding erroneous and ineffective methods or the tendency to over-intellectualize information at the expense of actual achievement. It can be an overwhelming task for the western mind to attempt comprehension of such things and many practices remain hidden to the public...many times for good reasons.

I have been frustrated and disappointed several times pursuing clear instruction over the years and stumbled onto this site searching for more information regarding Share K. Lew. My knowledge and practice has been built by piecemeal.

As it seems I have been practicing his six standing and six seated techniques for over a decade without even knowing from where they originated. I knew there was more to this system, but had no idea how much more or whether it was available. It would seem no one offers this on DVD out of respect for the request of Lew himself, if I understand you correctly on this matter. It would be my hope that he would consider offering this to others through video media in the future or authorize a gifted student the permission to produce such a work. To avoid the degradation or loss of any aspects of coherency to the art.

I was fortunate enough at the age of sixteen to meet, observe and take a few classes with Master Andrew Chung in the Hollywood, Florida area, but unfortunately not for very long. It would have been a true gift to able to study with him in the long term. Your acknowledgment of him on your website with video links is most apropos. Respect to you for that. I had returned to the area and was going to get more instruction from him in the early nineties. He had moved from his studio on Johnson Street around the corner to a larger school. And after, some time, that new location closed down and I think he may have moved back to the old location. I was too busy in college and partying at the time to give much thought to his school, but I also did not realize the extent of his knowledge and how gifted he truly is in the arts. Had I known that, and not been so distracted with the folly of youth, then perhaps I would have dedicated myself wholeheartedly to his instruction if he would have me as a student.

You present your system eloquently.

May I also add that the price for your Flying Phoenix DVDs are most reasonable and you seem more than enthusiastic, astute and willing to advise those practicing the method (which is invaluable).

Edited by metal dog

I would like to send you a short PM with a couple questions soon should it not be too much of an imposition on your time.

Thanks again.

Edited by metal dog

One question to the forum.

Which system, or lineage of internal energy practice is most suitable for martial applications?

Edited by metal dog

One question to the forum.

Which system, or lineage of internal energy practice is most suitable for martial applications?

Preferably one that is as fast-acting as Flying Phoenix :lol:

Flying Phoenix is purely a medical qigong system that cultivates a sublime healing energy, that's "lighter" than the energy of his other systems. It will also show up on videotape as a distinctive, visible aura around anyone practices regularly for about a year (sometimes even less). FP is like the foundation or safety net that one needs (or is nice to have) before learning GM Doo Wai's other heavy-duty internal systems. The 3 other systems I learned are what you might call "martial qigong." And the energizing effects are even more profound...such that during our training from 1990 through 1996, the circle of students that created (invited) around GM DooWai would occasionally have "energy accidents" of unbelievable nature.

So the martial qigong is perhaps not a part of the FP DVD series?

And the martial qigong is a more advanced instruction that was perhaps later given?

Edited by metal dog

Sifu Terry -

Thanks for your answer to my question, and yes, you interpreted my "little hand movements" correctly. ;-)

Actually, your response is quite profound, as it allows some customizations of the practice, within certain constraints. In my case, the FP energy itself seems to be urging me towards some slight adaptations.

Really, I am concluding that the real underlying power of FP may have no theory that can explain it. I will try to clarify. For example, with Microcosmic Orbit, there are some reasonable explanations as to why it works.

On the other hand FP seems to be more mystical, my subtle and therefore (at least to me) unexplainable in terms of why it works. One can *feel* the FP energy and see very tangible results. However, I couldn't begin to explain any underlying theory.

Of course, to me, it's not important to explain "why". This is somewhat unimportant. What is important is that FP works, *every* time I practice the meditations.

Again, I appreciate your contributions to the board. By doing so, you are significantly contributing to the knowledge base associated with this wonderful practice.

Lloyd

So I decided to stop jumping around like a spider monkey and settle on two standing and two sitting FP exercises and stay with them for a while. :lol:

It's hard for me when I learn of a new practice that is exciting to me, I really just want to jump in and immerse myself and learn and do. But eventually I will back off and try to take the best of what I have learned as it applies to me and stick with that. :P

So for the next month or so I am going to work with Monk Holding Peach and Wind Through the Tree Tops for standing, and then the seated version of Monk Gazing with the hand turning and the third movement from Monk Serves Wine will be my sitting.

A couple of things I have noticed while doing Wind Through Tree Tops. One is that the movements are really enjoyable to do at a very slow speed. I mean like so slow that at points you are not sure anymore if you are moving still or have paused for a moment. It is so completely relaxing. A big contributor to this, for me at least, is that the breathing is not coordinated wit the movements. With some things I have found that when a set breathing pattern is set to certain movements, the movement is only as slow as you can inhale/exhale. I am sure this has it's benefits also, but in the case of relaxation and completely letting go I personally prefer natural breathing with no thought. I find my breathing naturally syncs up with certain movements on it's own depending on where it needs to go at that time. :)

The second thing I noticed from Wind Through Tree Tops is that is very strong in activating the palms. I feel them very buzzy. Not the entire hands but the palms specifically. Following WTTT with the seated Monk Gazing with the hand tweeks really takes this even further, as the palms rotate to face yourself, face each other, and also face away from you. There is healing energy directed toward yourself and then also out to the universe. :D That is the way I am seeing it ATM anyhow.

Also a couple times after doing these together I have felt some light pulsing in the perineum area. Not for very long, and not very strong, but there.

I did have two questions for Sifu Terry regarding the seated med with the hand turning. In the video you recommend sitting for a min. of two minutes before doing the hand turning in and out. What I was wondering and maybe a couple other people as well, is can you hold the Monk Gazing pose for say 5 min or even 10 min. before starting the hand turning?

Also you mention doing the turning a min. of 30 times. I was wondering if you are counting in as one time, out as one time, or in/out as one time.

I would like to do them as slow as possible but then 30 in/outs would take quite a long time :P

Thanks again all for coming and sharing in the thread and for Sifu Terry who has taken the time to field our questions and further expand on things :D

firephoenix.jpg

The secret is with in the breath percentages that go for that meditation, the amount of oxygen triggers the chemicals in the brain according to GMDW!

Great to see so many people taking up GMDW FP System, Sifu would be very proud of you Sihing Terry. :)

Sifu Garry

this is working amazingly well on my decade old back(torn trapezius in 2 places) and shoulder injury!

Even my chiro/massage therapist was surprised at my improved condition.

On the 3rd seated exercise with palms facing I added turning palms,after the static hold for 10 minutes, like in the first seated because I felt that my shoulder needed it,I can really feel it working.

this is working amazingly well on my decade old back(torn trapezius in 2 places) and shoulder injury!

Even my chiro/massage therapist was surprised at my improved condition.

On the 3rd seated exercise with palms facing I added turning palms,after the static hold for 10 minutes, like in the first seated because I felt that my shoulder needed it,I can really feel it working.

Hello Christoph,

Glad to hear you got good results from the Flying Phoenix Qigong.

But be very careful how you adapt the meditations. In general, I advise NOT to make any changes to the exercises until you have mastered the complete system. They are more than 600 years old and need to be practiced in orthodox fashion for best results. Besides, by practicing the other FP meditations and the complete system, you will thoroughly address your shoulder issues.

But if you must modify, closely gauge the effects of that exercise.

Reason: You will find out with more practice that anytime you move your upper limbs, that movement will move and churn the energy in your body mass at the same level (relative to the ground)--something not intended by the creator of this FP system for that seated Warm-up Exercise #3 (on Vol. 2).

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Hi Sifu Terry,

I was hoping I could ask you a question about forming a practice schedule now that I have been trying the exercises for just over a week.

Based on recommendations you have given to others in this thread, my idea is to pluck something from each of the first three DVDs and put that into one daily practice.

For example the past few days I have been doing Monk Holds Pearl and Bending the Bows, along with the third, fourth, and sixth seated exercises. I have them memorized, both the movements and the breathing sequences. I would also like to add Wind Through Treetops as a third standing med. I think this would be a nice and well rounded program to work with for the next few months. What are your thoughts?

Also, for practice time I am typically spending about 40 min. in the morning and then another 45 min. or so in the evening. Thus far I have been working with both the standing and the sitting during each session. Do you think I should keep them together, or split them one in the AM and one in the PM? Also if I were to do both standing and sitting during each session, would you recommend one before the other?

I also do the Yang 37 form once or twice and day and was wondering if it works ok to do this before or after FPCK.

Thank you!

-Junbao

Hi Junbao,

Two sessions of 40 to 45 minutes a day of the FP Meditations is an excellent schedule. And great that you've memorized the exercises including the breath control sequence...that is the essential requirement of practicing this system. Congrats on getting started the correct way.

The standing and seated meditations that you chose to do within in one session are fine.

However, at some point, rotate into your practice "Monk Gazing At Moon" and "Monk Holding Peach" as well. MGAM is an essential FP exercise and the only basic FP exercise done with eyes open. It needs to be done extensively to anchor the practice. Hint: "Monk Holding Peach" is important yogically because of the (Tai Chi) adage, "Within the curve, seek the straight"--which is most commonly used in a martial context, but is applicable here."

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

Been doing the first three standing and first three seated for a bit over two weeks I also feel a lot of energy in seated Monk Gazing at Moon. For me it seems like there is a lot more energy after doing the hand movements which is why I like to hold the static posture for some time afterwards.

WTM,

Good that you're getting nice energizing effects within first 2 weeks of practicing just the warm-up meditations.

But adhere to the discipline of stopping each and every meditation you do with the 3 deep breathes at the end. If you go back into the mediation immediately afterwards, you will degrade and eventually nullify the de-hypnotizing and normalizing function of the 3 terminal breathes, which is an essential safeguard in the FP practice and all the internal systems of the Bak Fu Pai system.

Right, Sifu Garry Hearfield?

Once you have the FP system thoroughly learned and established, you can enter the FP meditation space / energy channel at will with just holding a posture or by just thinking (not even doing) of of the breath-control sequences. But until you have the system established, you should observe the discipline of starting and ending every FP exercise with 3 deep breathes.

To use Carlos Castaneda's or Wu Wei Wu's Kung-fu concept of "not-doing": before you can "not-do" and you must do, do, do, do, do, do, do, and do!

Sifu Terry Dunn

The secret is with in the breath percentages that go for that meditation, the amount of oxygen triggers the chemicals in the brain according to GMDW!

Great to see so many people taking up GMDW FP System, Sifu would be very proud of you Sihing Terry. :)

Sifu Garry

Thanks for quoting GM Doo Wai's explanation of the breath percentages, Sifu Garry.

Sihing Terry

Sifu Terry,

You advise against learning another martial arts system while learning FP. What about practicing yoga at a beginner level? The mainstream yoga, mostly poses and a bit of breathing exercises, no meditation at all.

Will it hinder/interfere with the FP?

Thanks,

Nic

Thanks for that Terry.

I truly am being sincere with no false flattery. But what you, Gary and the rest have provided here has been most useful to me with these different methods, their comparison, the lineages, your own personal experiences and elaborations. Thank you all again very much.

Important in identifying and avoiding erroneous and ineffective methods or the tendency to over-intellectualize information at the expense of actual achievement. It can be an overwhelming task for the western mind to attempt comprehension of such things and many practices remain hidden to the public...many times for good reasons.

I have been frustrated and disappointed several times pursuing clear instruction over the years and stumbled onto this site searching for more information regarding Share K. Lew. My knowledge and practice has been built by piecemeal.

As it seems I have been practicing his six standing and six seated techniques for over a decade without even knowing from where they originated. I knew there was more to this system, but had no idea how much more or whether it was available. It would seem no one offers this on DVD out of respect for the request of Lew himself, if I understand you correctly on this matter. It would be my hope that he would consider offering this to others through video media in the future or authorize a gifted student the permission to produce such a work. To avoid the degradation or loss of any aspects of coherency to the art.

I was fortunate enough at the age of sixteen to meet, observe and take a few classes with Master Andrew Chung in the Hollywood, Florida area, but unfortunately not for very long. It would have been a true gift to able to study with him in the long term. Your acknowledgment of him on your website with video links is most apropos. Respect to you for that. I had returned to the area and was going to get more instruction from him in the early nineties. He had moved from his studio on Johnson Street around the corner to a larger school. And after, some time, that new location closed down and I think he may have moved back to the old location. I was too busy in college and partying at the time to give much thought to his school, but I also did not realize the extent of his knowledge and how gifted he truly is in the arts. Had I known that, and not been so distracted with the folly of youth, then perhaps I would have dedicated myself wholeheartedly to his instruction if he would have me as a student.

You present your system eloquently.

May I also add that the price for your Flying Phoenix DVDs are most reasonable and you seem more than enthusiastic, astute and willing to advise those practicing the method (which is invaluable).

Hi Metal Dog,

Thank you for complimenting me and Sifu Garry. Sharing our experience and good levels of knowledge of the Flying Phoenix Qigong system is easy--and fortunate for everyone (in all honesty)--because besides being sanctioned by our teacher to do so, Flying Phoenix is a purely medical, healing qigong system where there's no danger of a profane-malevolent spirit running off with yogic secrets and doing harm and violence to others--which is the reason for the Chinese tradition of secrecy in the martial and yogic arts. The other internal martial systems in GM Doo Wai's White Tiger system, however, are a different matter. Those can only be taught in person, master-to-student, as Sifu Garry Hearfield and I were trained. And even if someone was so fanatically driven as to try to figure out from the FP breath control methods and movement patterns how to create a martial (destructive) qigong method, by the time such a person had accomplished it, he would have penetrated the FP channel so deeply that he would become quite enlightened. As Master Gin Foon Mark, a terrific So. Praying Mantis master in St. Paul, Minnesota, said in a documentary film about him that I saw in the 70's, "If you can teach yourself Dim Muk, you don't need it." lol:) !!!

Hence, it's a pleasure for me to be able to share good levels of FP knowledge--ranging from most basic pointers to pretty advanced principles--with the Taobums audience on this thread.

***Very, very well put, Metal Dog:

"Important in identifying and avoiding erroneous and ineffective methods or the tendency to over-intellectualize information at the expense of actual achievement. It can be an overwhelming task for the western mind to attempt comprehension of such things and many practices remain hidden to the public...many times for good reasons."

Erroneous and ineffective methods exist because Qigong is a secret art and always will be a secret art, and there will always be fast-buck artists trying to exploit whatever fragments they can get their hands on or even whatever crap that they make up. This trend started in the late 70's because pedestrian pamplets with line drawings published by the tens of millions in mainland China (designed to pacify the masses) got translated by western "entrepeneurs" into books and some were even transformed into videos. Besides this crass commercialization, deluded non-initiates who didn't stay in class long enough with their masters contributed to the pile of books and videos teaching pieces of qigong systems or very basic or inferior qigong methods.

Thus we have floating around and clogging the channels of learning: all this rudimentary information that only goes so far as to create a "slight tingle" in the fingers, or produces no results at all. Because GM Doo Wai's internal arts are authentic, complete systems that produce results...that is why Sifu Garry and I decided to participate in this blog.

Because Qigong is a secret, oral tradition and its methods are hidden, it indeed is not just an overwhelming task--by an impossible task--for the western individual (and eastern, for that matter) to learn a complete Qigong art without becoming formally initiated in the tradition carrying it. As Share Lew's late senior student, John Davidson, put it, "The truth is never caught in class."

For example, you've been long-frustrated in your pursuit of info on Master Share K. Lew's Tao Tan Pai system because he enforces a strict taboo on the publication of teachings of any levels of his art. And for good reason: the Tao Tan Pai art, by comparison to Flying Phoenix, does not have practices--even basic ones-- that can be learned from in a book or video and safely practiced without the presence of a supervising master. As I mentioned in previous posting, Sifu Lew long ago disallowed all his students--including myself--from publishing any Tao Tan Pai material on distributable media. (I came closest in 1991--but Master Lew changed his mind about allowing me to publish a video and manual on the TTP Basic 31 Exercises.) The TTP tradition has existed since the Tang Dynasty, and if it continues, it will do so as a private, oral tradition. Or it might just die (like other systems have through the ages)--in terms of failing to produce another generation of Taoist priests with the same mastery as Share Lew in TTP kung-fu, nei-gung, healing, and Taoist magic. That happens to be the trend that I've observed since 1994 and my observation has not changed. In concurrence with this observation is Bill Helm, director of the Taoist Sanctuary of San Diego (that was originally built around Master Lew) for the past 20 years (and my former classmate in TTP and senior school brother under Tai Chi master Abraham Liu.) But no big deal: as the TTP art may die in America or vanish from humanity (--as I don't know who else teaches it elsewhere in the world), so may a new equivalent art be created by the intuitive genius of a true avatar--on the order of a Lu Tung Pin--in the future. Sacred knowledge like Tao Tan Pai ultimately comes and goes at the Will of the Universal Power. This, btw, is exactly the same theme expressed at the end John Boorman's film version of the Arthurian legend, "Excaliber": "When someone is able to wield Excaliber, the sword will arise again." Although most might see the Arthurian legend as nothing by mythology, its ending lesson for Percival is relevant here: Don't fret or mourn over the fact that TTP may not be handed down intact to the next generation.

But I'm glad you found this discussion thread from pursuing info on Master Lew's Tao Tan Pai system. I have not seen Master Lew in many, many years. The last time I saw him around 1992, he authorized me to teach his system. I go through cycles of teaching it; presently, I happen to teach the Basic 31 alongside the FP Qigong in my weekly Qigong class. What 6 basic standing and basic 6 seated exercises have you been practicing? They are probably elements of the Basic 31.

With regards to your comment, "identifying and avoiding...(the) tendency to over-intellectualize information at the expense of actual achievement": That indeed is what a teacher is supposed to do for the student. The hazardous tendency you mention is very prevalent among beginning students of Tai Chi and Qigong. It just comes with the turf. Both Tai Chi and Aikido attract students who are often enamored with the philosophical underpinnings of those arts and lead with their heads (i.e., their beliefs about--and identification with the Taoist or Zen philosophy) at the expense of achieving the physical and integrative goals of those arts. But that ego-centric obstruction and all delusions are ultimately dissolved by thorough martial training under any authentic master. But when it comes to students pursuing Qigong information that's detached from a martial tradition, that tendency to over-intellectualize is about five-times worse than in the Tai Chi arena.

Thanks for relating your early experience with Master Andrew Chung. Not only is his kung-fu obviously powerful, when I found his 6H/8M Form on Youtube, I saw that it is almost an exact choreographic hybrid of the first 6H/8M Form I learned in the early 1980's from Master York Why Loo, and the more recent Form I learned (am still learning) from Master Chan Ching Kai in New York. Master Chung's Liu He Ba Fa is one of the best that I found on media that I found inspiring to my own practice.

Regards,

Terry Dunn

• Like 1

I would like to send you a short PM with a couple questions soon should it not be too much of an imposition on your time.

Thanks again.

go ahead. I'll try my best to answer your questions.

Terry Dunn

So the martial qigong is perhaps not a part of the FP DVD series?

And the martial qigong is a more advanced instruction that was perhaps later given?

No, the martial qigong arts of the White Tiger Kung-Fu system are totally different and stand apart from the FP Qigong as separate practices.

Sifu Terry,

You advise against learning another martial arts system while learning FP. What about practicing yoga at a beginner level? The mainstream yoga, mostly poses and a bit of breathing exercises, no meditation at all.

Will it hinder/interfere with the FP?

Thanks,

Nic

Based upon what I have read the advice is to not to try to Learn something else at the same time as learning FP qigong. I dont think Yoga would be a problem, just not right before or right after if you want to be extra cautious.

My two cents, take it or leave it.

Craig

Both Tai Chi and Aikido attract students who are often enamored with the philosophical underpinnings of those arts and lead with their heads (i.e., their beliefs about--and identification with the Taoist or Zen philosophy) at the expense of achieving the physical and integrative goals of those arts. But that ego-centric obstruction and all delusions are ultimately dissolved by thorough martial training under any authentic master. But when it comes to students pursuing Qigong information that's detached from a martial tradition, that tendency to over-intellectualize is about five-times worse than in the Tai Chi arena.

Such an important and wise summary.

Unfortunately qigong is widely taught entirely separately from any martial tradition these days.

But, benefits are still widely derived despite the distancing from the root.

And so it goes...

Such an important and wise summary.

Unfortunately qigong is widely taught entirely separately from any martial tradition these days.

But, benefits are still widely derived despite the distancing from the root.

And so it goes...

I don't get your point. You're saying that Qigong should only be practiced in conjunction with Martial art? Seems to me that there's a lot of Qigong out there that has nothing to do with martial art such as Medical Qigong or Qigong for health.

Based upon what I have read the advice is to not to try to Learn something else at the same time as learning FP qigong. I dont think Yoga would be a problem, just not right before or right after if you want to be extra cautious.

My two cents, take it or leave it.

Craig

Hello Nic and Craig,

Actually, my basic advice in previous posts is to not learn another Qigong system or method while learning the Flying Phoenix system. But it's quite alright to learn a martial art, especially a Chinese holistic martial art, while learning the FP Qigong. FP will complement with correct body mechanics and supplement with energy (albeit healing energy for recovery) any martial art system that's based on natural movement.

This "compatibility" applies only to the FP system because it is so very safe, self-contained, and complementary to not just other martial arts but to all kinds of sports and athletic activity.

In contrast, because of the nature of its alchemy, Tao Tan Pai Nei-Gung has to be trained at the exclusion of everything else until it is completed. As i wrote in a previous post, I started learning the FP system after about 20 years of practice of Tao Tan Pai, and GM Doo Wai told me that it was OK to "mix" the energies because he was very familiar with Master Share Lew and his TTP art.

Hope this helps.

Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

So it sounds like it would go very well with my Tai Chi practice then, great! :D

I did notice this morning that after a very good and strong session of FP, I went on to do my Tai Chi set and got a queasy feeling in my stomach. Very light and went away not long after. This is the first time I have done my Tai Chi directly after PF. It could very well just be a coincidence but I don't ever normally get that doing my Tai Chi.

Anyway, I am thinking I might do my Tai Chi set first and then FP.

Sifu Terry I just really want to thank you for your reply's to us.

It is very valuable to me to have you mention about MGAM being a core practice of the system, and I am going to be working on that one for sure. It is interesting doing that one. For me, with the hand position and the eyes open, it creates two areas of focus, and does tricks with my eyes. You have your hands in front of you which is a close focus, and even if you don't focus on them they are still in your field of vision. Then you have the backround, a chair, lamp, wall...whatever is across from you. Even when I relax my focus and don't try to bring focus anywhere, my eyes shift, focus, blur. Almost like that trick when your put your two fingers close, cross your eyes, and see a peanut in the middle...haha. Only my hands aren't that close of course.

Today I did MGAM, MHP, and WTTT. Felt really loose, soft, relaxed, and "clean" afterward. Great!

Hello Nic and Craig,

Actually, my basic advice in previous posts is to not learn another Qigong system or method while learning the Flying Phoenix system. But it's quite alright to learn a martial art, especially a Chinese holistic martial art, while learning the FP Qigong. FP will complement with correct body mechanics and supplement with energy (albeit healing energy for recovery) any martial art system that's based on natural movement.

This "compatibility" applies only to the FP system because it is so very safe, self-contained, and complementary to not just other martial arts but to all kinds of sports and athletic activity.

In contrast, because of the nature of its alchemy, Tao Tan Pai Nei-Gung has to be trained at the exclusion of everything else until it is completed. As i wrote in a previous post, I started learning the FP system after about 20 years of practice of Tao Tan Pai, and GM Doo Wai told me that it was OK to "mix" the energies because he was very familiar with Master Share Lew and his TTP art.

Hope this helps.

Terry Dunn

It does help ... a lot. Thank you for the clarification and your endless patience.

The reason I keep on asking if all sorts of activities are compatible with FP is because I have a hour in the middle of the day when I can go to a health center nearby. It's a fairly loud place with no private rooms so I can't practice FP. I was looking to do something other than cardio activities.

Nic

Some question regarding the Flying Phoenix exercises.

First, thank you Terry for the comments about mixing SKL's TTP system with Flying Phoenix. I was doing the Short 31 and was beginning the FP Exercises when I read that message. I'll stop the Short 31 and practice the FP exercises for qigong alone.

I will say I remain to practice my Bagua exercises (circle walking and standing exercises) as the Internal Kung fu aspect of my training.

As I mentioned to you a while back I have the first two in the series on old VHS tapes. I never really watched them until now being distracted with other things. Having started them, I've gotten through the first four exercises and noticed some discrepancies between what is verbally said and the percentage label displaying the percentages of that exercise.

Specifically,

Bending the Bows:

The label says: 90%, 70%, 50%, 30%, 20%

Terry says: 90%, 70%, 50%, 40%, 30%

Monk Holds Peach:

The label says: 90%, 50%, 40%, 20%, 10%

Terry says: 90%, 50%, 40%, 30%, 10%

Perhaps my older VHS versions which have these discrepancies ?

Can you correct these for me?

Other questions.

1. Bending the Bows.

How many repetitions are or can be done in this exercise (the two moving combinations)?

2. You mentioned "curl the tongue" in Monk Holds Peach..

As you know this has a different meaning in SKL's system so were you meaning to say,

Touch the tongue to the roof of the mouth?

3. When I practice either Short 31 (Circling Palms) or the FP system my body starts to move, spiraling gyrations. Is it good to force the body not to move or allow it to move when practicing?

Thanks much,

Bill

One other thing. I'm out of work since April this year. When I can get work again (which I'm trying to get out in South Orange County), I'll be able to get the DVDs which should be much clearer than these old VHS tapes.

Best,

Bill