Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Hello Sifu Dunn,

Thank you for participating here, it's great to have a practitioner and teacher of your experience on board.

I wanted to ask about your tai chi ruler book and dvd. Is it based on the teachings of GM Lew? I've heard that there are a few different versions of this form out there, not sure what the differences are, or if they are important. Also, what do you see as some of the benefits of this set?

Best regards,

Dainin

Hey Bagua Kid,

Do you by any chance have any contact information of the american you mention in your earlier post who practices the Tao Tan Pai 31 system the nei gung way? Thanks. :P

Hey Bagua Kid,

Do you by any chance have any contact information of the american you mention in your earlier post who practices the Tao Tan Pai 31 system the nei gung way? Thanks. :P

Sorry, I don't.. This is just hear-say and not confirmed. In addition I should mention that breath retention (forced) in qigong/neigong is a very advanced method and can be very dangerous without a teacher.

Edited by Baguakid

Hi Sifu Terry,

Thankyou for coming here and saying nice things of Master Doo Wai, yes he is by far a master of Chi. Some of the demonstrations ive seen him do are incredible also.

I teach Tradtional Kung Fu also, Yau Kung Mun, Bak Mei, Wan Yuen Yut Hei Jurng and have learnt some of Lui He Ba Fa. I specialize in BFP methods under Sifu Doo Wai, although I have the Fei Fung Sunn Gung I dont do it I hve way to much on my plate.

How many levels did you learn from GMDW?

Many respects

Garry aka Spirit Ape

Hello Sifu Garry,

I sent you a lengthy email message that explains in detail the arts I learned from GM Doo Wai. My "sentbox" confirms that it was sent to you.

For the forum, I will explain that I learned three arts from GM Doo Wai:

1) Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditations (2 levels)

http://www.taichiman...ingphoenix.html

2) Eight Sections of Energy Combined (Bat Deem Gum) - a very rare and esoteric southern Buddhist internal martial system that I describe as a system of martial qigong. This is NOT that "8 Pieces of Brocade" set of calisthenics that's been published a lot in books and videos, but a complete kung-fu system consisting of 8 complex forms, and a large body of "preparatory forms" and internal exercises. BDG is also NOT related Bok Fu Pai. GM Doo Wai emphasized this many times and also explained that that was an art that he "traded" some of his BFP knowledge to learn from a senior Buddhist monk.

3) "10,000 Buddhas Ascend To Heaven" -- An Ehrmei Mountain system of martial/health Qigong exercises (by Feng Tao Teh, same creator of Flying Phoenix) consisting of three sets of 18 internal exercises. When used as martial art, each of the 3 sets produces an energy that "penetrates" or infuses into the target's natural energy system very differently.

4) Bok Fu Pai - GM Doo Wai's BFP forms and expecially the training drills (repetitive line drills) taught me how to punch and kick with the whole body and to issue the geng (jing) in every move. This happened after I had trained 17 years in other systems. (What can I say, I'm a slow learner!) I was pretty close already...but GMDW completed my training and basically made a kung-fu man out of me. One BFP form that I specialize in is the "Ten Hook Eagle Claw" form, which all of GM's students at the time practiced.

I practice all the above arts religiously, but I also practice just as much Tai Chi Chuan and LHBF--if not more and actively teach Yang Tai Chi Chuan.

Many Respects,

Terry, aka zen-bear

Edited by zen-bear

Baguakid said:

Hi Terry, Thank you for your reply.

May I ask something else about Master Share K Lew's system. When I was in China studying Bagua I met an American who spent a lot of time with Master Lew's system. He told me there was a Qigong method of practicing and Neigong method of practicing these exercises. Each had to do with breath as to how the exercises were defined. What I mean is, if they were practiced with a natural breath then it was Qigong, if the breath was retained it was Neigong. For example, in circling palms, the natural way would be as you described above, long even natural breaths. But, for the Neigong method the breath would be taken in completely before the palm would circle, hold the breath through the circle, and then release at the normal release portion.

Have you heard of anything like this?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes, you can ask and I have tried to answer:

First, do you happen to remember the name of the American you met in China who had studied Master Lew's Tao Tan Pai system? I know pretty much all the old-timers who have been studying with Master Lew since the 70's.

Based on my experience of the TTP internal system, I could not and would not say that there is a qigong method of doing them and then a neigong method of doing them. To me, it's all neigong. Maybe the person you met was trained differently... I don't know.

We were taught just to do the exercises. And the TTP internal exercises are most profound. They date back to the Tang Dynasty and are attributed to the patron saint of the system, Lu Tung Pin. [i just got back from two trips to San Francisco in October and November and i visited the Taoist temple in Chinatown that is dedicated to Lu Tung Pin. (Jeng Sen Buddhism and Taoism Association). It is a private church, membership only, and I had not been there in 15+ years; but the spirits felt that i was a proper initiate and so I was invited in.]

My answer again: The TTP exercises themselves dictate whether there is retention or natural breathing.

I learned to practice circling palms only one way: deep inhalation as the hips square to the front and one arm extends to the side; then slow exhalation--as slow as possible--as the arm sweeps 180 degrees to the other side. The fourth exercise of the Short 31 (the seated one, also known as the 18th meditation of the 31-meditation set) has breath retention, of course.

I hope that this answers our question.

Regards,

Terry <_<

Edited by zen-bear

Sifu Terry,

Yes, got you PM did you get my return PM?

The Ying Jow Sup Jee Kol Da Kuen is awesome, it has a 2 man set there is another Eagle claw Sup jee Lo Waan Kuen that is fantastic also. Its great you have come out and giving GMDW respect he has been coping a beating on the forums the last few years I have been in many discussions regarding GMDW. He is a man of great knowledge and internal power, many say he is faked his demo's of chi projection, materializing it, healing, striking and breaking coconuts like butter.

Does the Bot Deem Gum has any tension sets?

I specialize in Burning Palm, Iron Body, Omie Bak Mei (of Bak Fu Pai) very rare, and some othere work that GMDW has asked me to master and teach out under the BFP. His system is very large as you said he collected and swapped for other arts using his system.

kind regards

Garry

• Like 1

Hello Sifu Dunn,

Thank you for participating here, it's great to have a practitioner and teacher of your experience on board.

I wanted to ask about your tai chi ruler book and dvd. Is it based on the teachings of GM Lew? I've heard that there are a few different versions of this form out there, not sure what the differences are, or if they are important. Also, what do you see as some of the benefits of this set?

Best regards,

Dainin

Hello Dainin,

Answer to your question re my Tai Chi Ruler publications (book and video):

1. Yes the material in the book (1990, Dragon Door) and the video (1985, Interarts (my company)) are based on the teachings of Master Share K. Lew. I wrote the book with Master Share K. Lew's expressed permission.

2. However, I learned the TC Ruler system in 1975 from the senior student of Master Lew at the time, John Davidson. Then I practiced that version from 1975 through 1985, and put that version on the video and the book.

3. Around 1989, 1990, I met with Master Lew and he showed me the correct, orthodox, version of TC Ruler. This was an interesting revelation--compared to what I had learned from John Davidson and had practiced for 10 years. :o So I added Master Lew's corrected version to the book as the "advanced" version of the practice, as seen in the indoor photos of me wear black garb), where all exercises without steps are done with feet parallel and at a 45 degree angle for each side of the practice. I added it as an addendum because I had already had professional photos taken of me doing the Davidson version and I had written the instructional text based the Davidson version because that's what I knew best. Master Lew also knew that that was the version of the TC Ruler I had been practicing because Davidson was the primary teaching in Los Angeles.

4. So that is why in the first pictorial part of my book, I teach the John Davidson version of the TC Ruler.

5. Unfortunately, I was not able to show the final draft of the book to Master Lew before the print run because the publisher was rushing me on a tight schedule. Because everyone in L.A. had been practicing the Davidson version for 10+ years and it was all under Master Lew's auspices, I thought that the Davidson method of practice was the standard "beginners" version of the art.

6. Well, after the book was published in early 1991, I found out that the John Davidson version I had photographed and written about was a "broken" tradition that Master Lew had purposely taught John Davidson due to his own reasons. The Davidson version is an "incomplete" and distorted version of the authentic TC Ruler art. Practicing this version does no harm, but it does not efficiently promote internal energy cultivation the same way that the method Share K. Lew teaches does.

7. Because the book contained the old Davidson version as well as the later correct version, Master Lew was upset one summer (1992) when a couple of his workshop students from Esalen brought the TCR book to him and said that my printed version was different from what he had been teaching them. He told me that he had "lost face" because of the discrepancy between the Davidson version and his authentic version.

8. As fall-out from this lack of communication, and his resulting unhappiness over the Davidson version being published, Master Lew changed his mind about allowing me to write a book and publish a video series on the TTP-31. He had first given me his A-OK at the same time he OK'd the TC Ruler book, but then after TC Ruler book came out with the old Davidson version on it, and that caused controversy, he then changed his mind and said "No" to the TTP-31 video and book. That's the grandmaster's prerogative. To this day, I have respected his wishes and have not published anything on the TTP-31. The last I heard (about a year ago), Master Lew is still adamantly anti-video, and has an edict out prohibiting any of his students from publishing any part of the TTP system on video.

9. Bottom line: as "broken traditions" go, the John Davidson version of the TC Ruler seen in the first pictorial section of my book (and on my 1985 video) is still an effective physical training regimen that strengthens legwork,stances and posture, and does cultivate chi to a certain extent by coordinating eyes, mind, movement and breath. But it is NOT the correct Tai Chi Ruler art. The correct version is seen in the back pictorial section of the book only.

Regards,

Terry

• Like 5

Hello Terry,

Thank you for your reply. I will PM you the person's name. It could be I misunderstood this guy regarding the breath retention method I mentioned as you are the second person to confirm the natural way of practicing.

I do appreciate you sharing the way you were taught those exercises as I was taught Circling Palms in a slight horse (not deep). I did have several years of Mantis training from two different systems before learning the TTP exercises and I continue with now several years of Bagua training.

Again, it must be I misunderstood this person's meaning regarding the retention methods.

Thanks again for your reply.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Terry,

I am aware of a lot of the qi gong/nei gong that Share K. Lew teaches (ie. Six stars, Shen Gong, Five Dragons), but there have been very little mentioned about his teachings on Taoist meditation(sitting). Have you had any experiences regarding this specific aspect of his teachings? Thanks.

Edited by taichikk

Sifu Garry,

I'm glad to "come out" and chime in a bit about the authenticity of GM Doo Wai's teachings, and to confirm that he is a man of tremendous knowledge and internal power. He is an unbelievable reservoir of powerful knowledge.

First of all, any kung-fu practitioner with any level should be able to discern from the Bok Fu Pai form demonstrations that GM Doo Wai has put up on Youtube since or before 2007 that his Kung-fu is highly advanced. One Youtube clip, in which GMDW is indoors with a dark blue "tao" character hung on the wall (also last part in slow motion), was filmed by me in 1994 at my student's factory warehouse in downtown L.A. (which we painted pale blue).

As for controversy over GM Doo Wai's demonstration of chi projection, chi materialization, and healing and martial application, the powerful healing and martial art applications happened every single day of our training.

One of my classmates, Rashan Khan, Afro-American, a professional bodyguard (Eddie Murphy's for a while; with a street fighting record of 25-and-0, all by knockouts as of 1994) learned GMDW's Iron Palm training and was regularly breaking coconuts at will--lying on the the ground and held in his other hand. I have video footage of this breaking. single fresh coconuts on the ground easily borken, and then two and three coconuts stacked (balanced) vertically, and Rashan would break the bottom one. (he couldn't pick the middle or top coconut to break, however. (The next level, which is still not the highest level, is breaking the coconut suspended mid-air by a string tied around it. I do not know if Mr. Khan achieved that level)

The demonstrations of chi projection and chi materialization aren't that important--and shouldn't even be talked about--for their purpose is only to initiate students and let them know that there is much more to BFP Kung Fu than the physical, muscle-and-bone part of the art.

But since you say that GMDW has been taking drubbing in the forums for past 2 years, I will shed a little light on the matter "chi materialization", which I assume has been subject of argument: In 1992, after doing a special meditation, the Grand Master demonstrated it in two ways--actually, one way--to our entire circle (six of us that day): With light turned off in a pitch-black bathroom, he manifested his energy as a luminous green glow on his fingertips--the exact same color of the green light on a car's dashboard at night. Then, when he told Tino Baguio (one of the students) to turn on the light, white vaporous smoke emanated from his fingertips. (his sleeves were rolled up and his arms were clean--no paint, no devices of any type to fake it.) Six of us saw it. And we were stunned. Throughout this demonstration, there was a very distinctive smell--the same smell that emanates when a person dies and the spirit leaves the body--only it was slightly fresher in smell than that of death. (And yes, I have smelled the dying process, both naturally and unnaturally caused.)

More important than chi materialization was healing with the chi. And GMDW trained us all to do this by practicing on each other and also on very small living and dead creatures.

The healing method and source of energy: The Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations.

That was the YOGA he taught us to do healing (all his senior students before my group had practiced FPHHCM thoroughly and had mastered it). The basic level of FPHHCM is contained in the DVD's I published. GMDW repeatedly emphasized to us that this basic level of FP is enough to effect what most consider miraculous healings...but to us, during our training, it was an everyday occurrence.

Before I started training with GM Doo Wai, I had learned Sifu Share K. Lew's Tan Tan Pai neigong and healing method (Tui Na Accupressure) over 15 years from four of Sifu Lew's senior students at the Taoist Sanctuary in Los Angeles (before it moved to San Diego)--but primarily from his most senior student at the time, John Davidson (whom we nicknamed "our mad taoist priest"). GMDW has been acquainted with Master Lew for decades and knows his healing method and spiritual tradition. One day around 1995, while teaching me healing techniques, GMDW contrasted his healing to Share Lew's healing method in the following exact words:

"We don't manipulate energy...we just pass our hand over."

(Tao Tan Pai practitioners effect healing by reinforcing the energy circulation of the patient with chi projected from the palms moving over the person's aura in the direction of the meridians' energy flow, especially the Jen Mo and Tu Mo, and then (usually using finger-toe diagnosis if one cannot "see" the imbalance), re-circuit energy from the bolex of energy at that particular time of day into the appropriate orb/meridian in order to heal and strengthen the weak or diseased organ/orb/meridian. Flying Phoenix healing, if one has practiced it correctly (and it doesn't even take that long compared to most other systems) is effected by passing the hand over the person. Period. Once I had completed the second level FP meditations, I would regularly be in the presence of friends and family members who were ailing or were suffering from serious disease. It surprised me at first, but I got used to it: when all I would do was focus my attention on a person in passing (who happened to be ill) or just touch him or her, the FP healing energy would spontaneously "jump" off of me and into them, causing a profound healing and rejuvenating experience. They would completely light up and feel well--to their great surprise and amazement.

Note: I'm not here to contest or argue or gossip. The preceding is an account of the effects and the ability gained from my practice of the Flyiing Phoenix Celestial Chi Meditations from 1990 onward. As I said in an earlier posting, normal practice of Flying PHoenix Qigong will cultivate a reserve of healing energy in the body that within a couple months will show up on videotape as an particularly colored aura. And this was the basic "safety net" healing art that GMDW had taught to all his students that I knew in the 90's.

If anyone cannot understand the distinction that GM Doo Wai made in comparing his healing method to Master Share K. Lew's, then he or she does not have the level to judge the validity or effectiveness of any internal system. (Because TTP is somewhat of a "standard" Taoist-Buddhist healing system based on finger-toe diagnosis, yin-yang theory, and 5 -element theory.)

No matter what yogic art one studies--Chinese, Indian, Tibetan, Polynesian, Persian, Western hermetic, Amerindian, African, whatever--if one cannot do effective healing, then one has not practiced enough to --because healing is the EASIEST, MOST BASIC and MOST NATURAL application of energy cultivation. This was what John Davidson, Share K. Lew's senior student, taught us while we were training in the 70's and 80's. And I am passing on this basic performance benchmark to this forum as a reminder.

GM Doo Wai, being practical and philosophical, told us all the time during those years that "healing is the most important thing."

Many Respects,

Terry Dunn

Sifu Terry,

Yes, got you PM did you get my return PM?

The Ying Jow Sup Jee Kol Da Kuen is awesome, it has a 2 man set there is another Eagle claw Sup jee Lo Waan Kuen that is fantastic also. Its great you have come out and giving GMDW respect he has been coping a beating on the forums the last few years I have been in many discussions regarding GMDW. He is a man of great knowledge and internal power, many say he is faked his demo's of chi projection, materializing it, healing, striking and breaking coconuts like butter.

Does the Bot Deem Gum has any tension sets?

I specialize in Burning Palm, Iron Body, Omie Bak Mei (of Bak Fu Pai) very rare, and some othere work that GMDW has asked me to master and teach out under the BFP. His system is very large as you said he collected and swapped for other arts using his system.

kind regards

Garry

• Like 11

Very Nice post Terry. Thank you much for sharing.

I have heard that there are 4 levels to GM Doo Wai's Iron Palm training.

1. Break coconut on the ground.

2. Break coconut hanging from a line/string.

3. Break coconut with it sitting on a piece of Tofu without damaging the tofu.

4. Break coconut from a distance.

Is this accurate?

I am so happy you have had the opportunity of being involved in these systems. It has been my dream. Unfortunately I have wasted much time due to my own fault of listening to someone's advice. Someone who wanted to control the flow of cash into his pockets rather than giving clear, honest advice and direction.

Best regards and wishes.

Bill

Edited by Baguakid
  • Like 1

Wow, nice stories of teacher!

Sifu Terry,

Ive been defending GMDW as well my students on forums for years, untill people truly try and feel the results of BFP Internal Kung fu / Healing systems they have no idea.

Like yourself you know GMDW, he is the real deal what he taught me works and is very powerful, alot of his family system was never meant for the public and I totally see why. We was on MSN once chatting and he said give me a moment and ill come over and look around and then tell you what your house looks like. The bugger told me 80% which to me is 100% cause it was mostly spot on. Then he said im gonna do something to you in see if you can feel it, with in seconds i felt his palm or a palm burning me. He said this is Burning Palm Power I could send it over distance to kill or to heal! That was it for me I was hooked on Burning Palm Doo Family system, he has given me a true gift of his families knowledge, herbal formulas, healing methods, power training its a complete system within a system.

He is one of the last true, Internal kung fu magicians!!!

Kind regards

Garry

P.S PLease share more stories love them and people need to know who the true GMDW is and was.... :)

• Like 5

Sifu Terry -

Your stories and explanations are fantastic and also quite informative. There is a wow factor to some of your stories...very good reading.

As one who has practiced Flying Phoenix qigong for only about 2 months now, I can attest to the power of the system. When I finish the sets, I feel amazingly refreshed and revitalized with a really strong energy. At least for now, I avoid practicing FP later at night, because the energy created keeps me awake for several hours! It's pretty encouraging to hear what one can expect with a diligent practice of the basic Flying Phoenix sets.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post on this forum. Really excellent stuff!

Lloyd

Edited by Fu_dog
  • Like 1

Hi Terry,

I am aware of a lot of the qi gong/nei gong that Share K. Lew teaches (ie. Six stars, Shen Gong, Five Dragons), but there have been very little mentioned about his teachings on Taoist meditation(sitting). Have you had any experiences regarding this specific aspect of his teachings? Thanks.

Hi Taichikk:

the internal training I experienced with Master Share K. Lew and his senior students from mid-70's through early 90's was deeply set in a framework of seated meditation. The training went in this order:

1) Everyone trained in the TTP Kung Fu forms

2) Everyone then learned basic seated meditation, that we called "quiet sitting."

3) After basic forms were mastered, then the Basic 31 meditations were learned. Around the same time, students started learning self-defense applications of the kung-fu forms.

4) We called the Basic 31 and all the more advanced levels of Qigong and Neigong that followed it "the Yoga."

And more important than the Yoga was the Quiet Sitting.

5) My teachers always emphasized--and I continue to teach my students to this day--this maxim:

"No matter what you do, you must do Quiet Sitting".

Quiet sitting grounds and balances everything. Thus if you practice any of the Neigong incorrectly, you won't be harmed (suffer energy sickeness) for long or permanently.

Hope this helps.

Terry Dunn

• Like 1

Very Nice post Terry. Thank you much for sharing.

I have heard that there are 4 levels to GM Doo Wai's Iron Palm training.

1. Break coconut on the ground.

2. Break coconut hanging from a line/string.

3. Break coconut with it sitting on a piece of Tofu without damaging the tofu.

4. Break coconut from a distance.

Is this accurate?

I am so happy you have had the opportunity of being involved in these systems. It has been my dream. Unfortunately I have wasted much time due to my own fault of listening to someone's advice. Someone who wanted to control the flow of cash into his pockets rather than giving clear, honest advice and direction.

Best regards and wishes.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Just read your post.

when I saw GMDW's iron palm being practiced in the early 90's, these were the standards:

1. Breaking coconut on ground.

2. Breaking coconut held in one's other hand.

3. Breaking coconut hanging from a line/string.

4. Breaking coconut with it sitting on a piece of Tofu without damaging the tofu.

There was no mention of breaking the coconut at a distance.

I saw my classmates easily accomplish levels #1 and #2. I've not seen any of GMDW's students break per levels #3 and #4.

While GM Doo Wai taught his Iron Palm to the most physical and street-fight-prone students, the GM taught me and other students totally different internal systems that are just as powerful but cultivate martial energy that works very, very differently than Iron Palm energy.

Regards,

Terry

• Like 1

Sifu Terry -

Your stories and explanations are fantastic and also quite informative. There is a wow factor to some of your stories...very good reading.

As one who has practiced Flying Phoenix qigong for only about 2 months now, I can attest to the power of the system. When I finish the sets, I feel amazingly refreshed and revitalized with a really strong energy. At least for now, I avoid practicing FP later at night, because the energy created keeps me awake for several hours! It's pretty encouraging to hear what one can expect with a diligent practice of the basic Flying Phoenix sets.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post on this forum. Really excellent stuff!

Lloyd

LLoyd,

Once you get more months of practice of Flying Phoenix under your belt, its energy will be more normalized in your system and won't keep you up at night.

• There is big exception, however:

the very last (6th) seated mediation on Volume 2 of my CKFH DVD series --that has the breath control sequence: 90 80 50 20 -- is a Total Waker-Upper.

All FP practitioners have found that this Meditation will keep one wide-awake for hours--and make it very difficult--if not impossible-- to fall asleep. So make sure you don't do this one at night. (This might be what's been keeping you up!)

• On the end of the spectrum, there is another seated ("Monk Serves Wine") meditation on Volume 7 that has the breath control sequence 50 20 10 that will cause one to sleep deeply and soundly without fail. this med. starts with palms clasped at heart level, then circles right palm our clockwise with arm extended; then Left palm circles out counter-clockwise and comes to Tan Tien underneath right palm (at heart level); both forearms swing forward to 45 degee angle; then fold back to "Sum-how" position (like Monk Gazing at Moon but at chest level). the the palms float down to tan tien, and at the tan tien both palms turn upward, with right palm resting in left. Finally, you pull the palms sideways and apart, touch the backs of the hands together, and both hands rise up the centerline to heart level. Then the palms roll to face each other and are clasped in "prayer" position.

This 50 20 10 seated meditaition will aid sleep. Guaranteed.

Enjoy.

Terry Dunn

P.S. Info on these 2 volumes of "Chi Kung For Health" teaching the seated Flying Phoenix Meditations is found at:

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Completely forgot I had the first two tapes (old school VHS). The standing form definitely balances energy well and to say the seated forms open the neck is an understatement. Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 2

I agree with you Sifu Terry, there is many other Internal systems that have completely different energies cultivated through the forms and meds as well breath percentages.

Love to see your Flying Phoenix Sifu Terry, do you have any clips to share?

kind regards

Garry

• Like 1

Completely forgot I had the first two tapes (old school VHS). The standing form definitely balances energy well and to say the seated forms open the neck is an understatement. Thanks for the reminder.

You're welcome, Kameel,

Glad my comments rang a bell and reminded you of how effect both the standing and seated FP meditations are.

If you have the old school VHS tapes of the Flying Phoenix, I would recommend Vols. 5 and 7 of the DVD series. they contain material not on the early VHS programs. Vol. 5 teaches 5 very short but powerful (90second) standing meditations that are just done once each. Vol. 7 teaches 5 Advanced Seated Meditations (Monk serves Wine that will give new meaning to the phrase "brainwashing").

Good luck and enjoy your FP practice!

Sifu Terry -

Thanks for the tip on Seated Meditation #6 - yes, now that I remember *that's* the one I did just before bedtime that was like a double shot of expresso! :lol: The energy from that meditation is very powerful indeed..... I'll shift that one to a morning qigong.

I've recently ordered your Flying Phoenix Advanced Seated Meditations DVD, and am looking forward to learning the entire Flying Phoenix series over time. This qigong is special, and it's a qigong for life.

Again, thanks for posting on this forum.

Lloyd

• Like 2

I am wondering if anyone else has practiced this system? Specifically, I am referring the the Chi Kung for Health Series by Sifu Terry Dunn.

I have been practicing qigong for about 7 years now. I have dabbled in a number of styles of qigong, but mostly have stuck to the basics.

I tried the Flying Phoenix system about 2 years ago, and for some reason the breathing sequence just didn't feel right for me. So, I discontinued.

However, about 6 weeks ago, I scheduled a private conversation with Sifu Dunn to discuss the system. I was prepared with a number of questions. The conversation cleared a few things up that I was not quite clear on regarding the practice. Sifu Dunn was very informative and displayed genuine enthusiasm for this style of qigong, BTW.

Then, I gave this system another try. It rocks! I hesitate to discuss a Qigong system I have only practiced for 6 weeks, however, I think this is worth a post. Also, I have an 7 year frame of reference.

Flying Phoenix is seriously the most powerful qigong I have practiced. For me, it generates so much qi, that I have to limit how much I do per day, as my body is still getting used to the amount of energy created with this practice.

The secret sauce here is the breathing sequences to begin each exercise. Master Dunn told me he had to get permission from his master to teach these methods. The breathing, followed by the movements of the system have provided quite astounding effects for me.

So, I am throwing this out to see if anyone else has experience with this system. If yes, I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks...

I have a dvd with two flying phe. meditations by Terry Dunn but I got caught up with practicing spring forest, Damo's muscle tendon changing,whole body breathing, Robert Peng's stuff, Tridaya, and others that I didn't give it a fair go.Actually, it was among the first qi-gung dvds that I purchased.Maybe that's why it seemed so long and complex. If it truly is as energizing as people claim I'm game to give it another go.

• Thanks 1