Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

~~~ admin statement ~~~

The owner of this thread, @zen-bear , asked me to move this thread to the General area.

:)

- Trunk

~~~ admin out ~~~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trunk said:

~~~ admin statement ~~~

The owner of this thread, @zen-bear , asked me to move this thread to the General area.

:)

- Trunk

~~~ admin out ~~~

Ā 

it seems you "pinned" this post by mistakeĀ 

Ā 

or did you???? šŸ¤”

Ā 

The words of the wise are as goads,

and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies,

which are given from one shepherd.

šŸ“ā€ā˜ ļø

And further, by these, my son, be admonished:

of making many books there is no end;

and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Invisible Acropolis said:

it seems you "pinned" this post by mistakeĀ 

Ā 

or did you???? šŸ¤”

Ā 

We must be groovin',

because that was exactly on my mind in my approach here, now ...

Ā 

The topic was pinned by default, as it was pinned in the previous PPD section, and I was too lazy at the time to sort it.

Now that I return to the idea, I'm deciding to leave it pinned.Ā  The FPCK thread has been at TDBs approaching 1/4 century (since Dec, 2009) with steady quality contribution.Ā  I think that having the thread pinned is an unusual courtesy well earned.

Ā 

- Trunk

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Trunk said:

Ā 

We must be groovin',

because that was exactly on my mind in my approach here, now ...

Ā 

The topic was pinned by default, as it was pinned in the previous PPD section, and I was too lazy at the time to sort it.

Now that I return to the idea, I'm deciding to leave it pinned.Ā  The FPCK thread has been at TDBs approaching 1/4 century (since Dec, 2009) with steady quality contribution.Ā  I think that having the thread pinned is an unusual courtesy well earned.

Ā 

- Trunk

It must be the longest running thread on TDB!

• Like 2

I have a question about Flying Phoenix qi energy and potentially cultivating moreĀ energy to do things during the week. I've just started the first DVD of the series and have been enjoying it so far (it's the only system I've practiced).

Ā 

I have been working part time/per diem for awhile and will be going back to full time work in a couple weeks. I am grateful to have found a full time job in my field however I'm nervous aboutĀ  losing work life balance and neglecting my hobbies, self development, and interests outside of work. Usually when I'm full time--I'm rushing to get out the door in the morning and then I'mĀ pretty drained by the time I get home and have enough energy to make a sandwich, relax for a little bit, and then pass out. Everything I want to do mostly gets moved to the weekends including chores and errands.

Ā 

I was curious that with the qi built through this program that people are finding more energy to do things during the week rather than leaving everything to the measly 2 day weekend. Anecdotes appreciated!! Thank youĀ 

Edited by Lo2022
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Lo2022 said:

I have a question about Flying Phoenix qi energy and potentially cultivating moreĀ energy to do things during the week. I've just started the first DVD of the series and have been enjoying it so far (it's the only system I've practiced).

Ā 

I have been working part time/per diem for awhile and will be going back to full time work in a couple weeks. I am grateful to have found a full time job in my field however I'm nervous aboutĀ  losing work life balance and neglecting my hobbies, self development, and interests outside of work. Usually when I'm full time--I'm rushing to get out the door in the morning and then I'mĀ pretty drained by the time I get home and have enough energy to make a sandwich, relax for a little bit, and then pass out. Everything I want to do mostly gets moved to the weekends including chores and errands.

Ā 

I was curious that with the qi built through this program that people are finding more energy to do things during the week rather than leaving everything to the measly 2 day weekend. Anecdotes appreciated!! Thank youĀ 

Ā 

This is a slightly tricky one to deal with.

Ā 

TLDR; it's best if things like this are done on a daily basis, but you can start off with literally doing just 5 minutes a day, just to create a the habit. This duration will then naturally increase in time.

Ā 

Ā 

Whenever I had practices in the past, be it standing or sitting mediation, I always used to tell myself that the amount of time I end up doing it was always fairly equal to how much less sleep Iā€™d need during the day. Therefore, it actually took no time out of my day to do it, I merely needed to get up a little earlier to do it.

Ā 

The reason Iā€™d need less sleep was because Iā€™d gain a little more energy from doing the meditation, the day would be a little less stressful due to it, so Iā€™d expend less emotional energy, and my sleep was probably of a slightly higher quality. So it was kind of a win-win situation (the fact is, this is probably true for any daily exercise routine, not just meditation and qi gong).

Ā 

For me, the most challenging bit was getting up early to do it, because if I left it to the evening, there were always otherĀ things that might come up and Iā€™d miss a session.

Ā 

Ā 

FPCK is a little bit different, in that because the mediations can be quite relaxing and arenā€™t always too strenuous (especially when it comes to the seated mediations on DVD 2), my sessions can end up taking up quite a bit of time, and I definitely donā€™t get all that time back in less sleep needed.

Ā 

However, the way I have reduced the longer sessions is by only doing one mediation a session. Currently, I do some warm up exercises, sit or stand for 10 minutes before I start, perform the mediation for 20 to 30 minutes and then done, so it's relatively compact.

Ā 

Good luck with your new job and finding a routine that works for you :)

Ā 

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 21/05/2023 at 7:08 PM, Lo2022 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Like Miffymog said, morning sessions are best. Sleep a bit earlier and get up a bit earlier so you can do it before having breakfast and going to work. I work 12 hour shifts and manage to get a 1 1/2 hour to 2 hour session before work so it should be a piece of cake for you! The energyĀ and health boost will be worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2023 at 5:47 AM, Pak_Satrio said:

Like Miffymog said, morning sessions are best. Sleep a bit earlier and get up a bit earlier so you can do it before having breakfast and going to work. I work 12 hour shifts and manage to get a 1 1/2 hour to 2 hour session before work so it should be a piece of cake for you! The energyĀ and health boost will be worth it.

Thanks for your response. I'm really impressed that you get 1.5 to 2 hours in before work. It must have enough impact for you to be willing to do this. Definitely motivating, tyĀ 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 3:21 AM, Miffymog said:

Ā 

Ā 

TLDR; it's best if things like this are done on a daily basis, but you can start off with literally doing just 5 minutes a day, just to create a the habit. This duration will then naturally increase in time.

Ā 

Ā 

Whenever I had practices in the past, be it standing or sitting mediation, I always used to tell myself that the amount of time I end up doing it was always fairly equal to how much less sleep Iā€™d need during the day. Therefore, it actually took no time out of my day to do it, I merely needed to get up a little earlier to do it.

Ā 

The reason Iā€™d need less sleep was because Iā€™d gain a little more energy from doing the meditation, the day would be a little less stressful due to it, so Iā€™d expend less emotional energy, and my sleep was probably of a slightly higher quality. So it was kind of a win-win situation (the fact is, this is probably true for any daily exercise routine, not just meditation and qi gong).

Ā 

For me, the most challenging bit was getting up early to do it, because if I left it to the evening, there were always otherĀ things that might come up and Iā€™d miss a session.

Ā 

Ā 

FPCK is a little bit different, in that because the mediations can be quite relaxing and arenā€™t always too strenuous (especially when it comes to the seated mediations on DVD 2), my sessions can end up taking up quite a bit of time, and I definitely donā€™t get all that time back in less sleep needed.

Ā 

However, the way I have reduced the longer sessions is by only doing one mediation a session. Currently, I do some warm up exercises, sit or stand for 10 minutes before I start, perform the mediation for 20 to 30 minutes and then done, so it's relatively compact.

Ā 

Good luck with your new job and finding a routine that works for you :)

Ā 

Thanks for bringing up the point that the time I do this is equal to how much less sleep you need during the day. I've seen that talked about on this forum more than once. I agree that if I were to leave it to the evening it would be more difficult for me too. Thanks for giving an example of your morning routine--20 to 30 minutes with a warmup sounds pretty doable but as you stated starting small and working my way up is probably the best strategy. Ty for sharing what works for you!! Having a less stressful day is def a perk I'm hoping to gain.Ā 

• Like 3

Ā  Ā  IMMERSIVE 14-HOUR FLYING PHOENIX QIGONGĀ WORKSHOP

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā JUNE 23 to 25Ā  -- ZOOMABLE !!

Ā 

To all Flying Phoenix Qigong practitioners and followers of this thread:

Ā 

On June 23, 24 and 25, I will be conducting a 14-hour immersive workshop inĀ Ehrmei Mountain Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong that's very suitable for beginners but will be focussed on the intermediate and advanced practices of our art.Ā  Ā This will be my first FPCK workshop of Ā 2023 and sixth workshop at the beautiful "Tao Retreat" (Han Chinese Culture Assoc.) at 33 Tao Road in Catskill, NY.Ā  The seven 2-hour sessions of this workshop are Zoom-able where all remote attendees will get interactive feedback and corrections just the same as in-person attendees, as I will have a large monitor with everyone's Zoom frames displayed.

Ā 

Ā 

This new video recently posted on this threadĀ shows the FP Qigong material that I will be teaching at thisĀ workshop, including one of the 10,000 Buddha Ascends to Heaven meditations.Ā  Pour yourself a cup of tea, sit back, and view this video as my latest reference to correct your form--in order to refine your practice and furtherĀ experience how elegant,Ā sophisticated, sublime and powerfulĀ Ā Feng Do Duks' Flying Phoenix Qigong ("Fei Feng San Gung") system is in its performance and delivery of supreme good health:
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There's qigong and there's qigong.Ā  Then there's Flying Phoenix Qigong that differs from allĀ other Yogic arts created in China or India or anywhere else in the world in the way that it so remarkably fulfills the 5 essential functional criteria of any authentic Qigong system--as defined by the late great Master R.K. Shih (elaborationsĀ by me are in italics):

(1) prevents diseaseĀ by elevating immune levelsĀ Ā (which I hope to get proven by medical science in the near future)

(2) cures (some) diseases Ā by inducing allostasisĀ withoutĀ adding stress to the system;

(3) strengthens the body--by, in the words of GM Doo Wai, "bringing all the organ functions under the regulation of the subconscious mind";

(4) improves intelligence and thereby increasesĀ longevityĀ (for starters, by developingĀ the mental function of visualization like no other Qigong art); and

(5) develops latent powersĀ (e.g., clairvoyance, clairaudience, remote viewing, remote healing,Ā advanced kung fu, psychokinesis, seeing all forms of energy that go unseen by the consensus reality, etc.)Ā --i.e.Ā  If a so-called "qigong" does not develop latent powers, then it is NOT qigong!!!)

Ā 

Astonishing and revelatory for most beginnersĀ is the common Flying Phoenix Qi phenomenon where the tangibly energizing and rejuvenating effects experienced during a practice session set on again several hours later in an unexpected total-body Qi-envelopment of the most pleasant and sublimely healing nature.Ā  This was echoed by a western physician and professor of publicĀ health at Yale School of Public Health in December, 2020, after I she took one two-hour beginner's FP Qigong lesson with me:

"Flying Phoenix Qigong practice significantly elevates parasympathetic tone.Ā Ā 90 minutes of practice of this Qigong is restorative in real time and over time afterwards."Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā Ā -Ā Yetsa A. Tuakli-Wosornu, M.D., M.P.H., IOC Dip. Sp. Med.Ā Ā Assistant Clinical Professor, Yale School of Public HealthĀ DepartmentĀ of Chronic Disease Epidemiology.Ā  December,Ā 2020

Ā 

WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

The 3-day immersive workshop onĀ June 23, 24 and 25 consistsĀ Ā of 7 two-hour sessions with 2 sessions on Friday, 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday at these times (EST):

Friday: 3pm - 5pm; 7:30pm - 9:30pm EST
Saturday: 10am - noon; 2:30pm - 4:30pm; 7:30pm - 9:30pm EST
Sunday: 10am - noon; 2:00pm - 4:00pm EST

Ā 

WORKSHOP AGENDA

The goal of this workshop is to help beginning and intermediate FP practitioners reach proficiency in the Long Form Standing Meditation and to introduce them to some of the Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditationsā€”a set of 9 standing moving meditations andĀ to some of other 16 advanced seated ā€œMonk Serves Wineā€ meditations that I have not yet published.

A.Ā Ā Thus each session will review of theĀ  Flying Phoenix Qigong meditations presented in theĀ Chi Kung For HealthĀ DVD series, with special focus on perfecting the "Moonbeam Splashes On Water" in Volume 3 and the Capstone Long Form Standing Meditation (Vol.4), mastering the five powerful 90-second meditations on Volume 5, and all memorizing the 5 advanced seated meditations on Volume 7 of the DVD series.Ā 

ā€¢Ā All participants are encouraged to practice to the Volumes 3, 4, 5, and 7 of the DVD series prior to the workshop.

Ā 

B.Ā In addition to reviewing the basic level of the FP Qigong system, I will also teach:
1.Ā Excerpts fromĀ Advanced Flying Phoenix Qigong MeditationsĀ (9 standing moving meditations).

2.Ā Excerpts fromĀ Advanced Long Form Seated (Monk Serves Wine) MeditationĀ ā€” consisting of 22 postures.Ā  Not that difficult-- twice as long as the MSW meditation on Volume 7 that has the breath-control sequence (70Ā  50 20 10)--plus 2 more movements.

3.Ā Ā Selections from theĀ 10,000 Buddhas Ascend To Heaven Meditations SystemĀ ā€”Ā a highlyĀ esoteric system of martial and healing Qigong consisting of 54 meditations organized into 3 sets of 18.Ā Ā 

4.Ā Advanced ā€œMonk Serves Wineā€ seated MeditationsĀ not taught in the DVD series, such as thisĀ  self-applied acupressure facial massage, repeated 7 times:

https://www.facebook.com/1584272222/videos/a.10217921381417870/10217924324531446

Ā 

C.Ā Ā AĀ 15-minute warm-up moduleĀ at the start of every class will include:Ā  "The Silkweaverā€™s Exercise" (unaffiliated with any martial art or Taoist tradition but immensely valuable forĀ beginners in almost anyĀ internal art); excerpts from Master George Xu'sĀ Qing Dynasty Imperial Guard Exercises;Ā  the "Short Form Power Yoga" of theĀ Taoist Elixir Method Basic 31 Meditations--all of which haveĀ catalyzing and accelerative effectsĀ on the Flying Phoenix Qigong cultivation.

Ā 

TUITIONĀ 

$350 early registration
$385 day of workshop
$55 for each of the seven 2-hour sessionsĀ 

ZOOM PARTICIPATION:

$40 per 2-hour session or $250 / all 7 sessions [Zoom log-on links will be emailed to registrants the day before the workshop begins]

Ā 

ā€¢ā€¢ Please send payment via Paypal (toĀ [email protected]) or via Zelle (toĀ [email protected]Ā ā€¢ā€¢

Ā 

ROOMS & MEAL PLAN:Ā 

See postscript below or my Newsletter:Ā Ā Ā terencedunn.substack.com

Ā 

If you have any questions about the workshop, please post here or write to me at:Ā Ā [email protected]

** Please also see recent reviews of my last workshop (Sept. 30)Ā posted on this thread by David Lloyd Hastings on October 8 and by Tao Now on October 16. **

Ā 

I hope to see many, many of you at this post-summer solstice Flying Phoenix Workshop to tune y'all up to be in sync for a most sunny, alchemic, and victorious summer.

Ā 

mitakuye oyasin,

Ā 

Sifu Terry Dunn
Ā 

Ā 

P.S.:Ā  Ā Ā ROOMS AT TAO RETREAT

A. There are 3 rentable rooms at the main event hall at Tao Retreat: One room with bathroom: $350 / day* Two rooms with a shared bathroom: $248 / day*

B. Ten floor beds in the main tea house / event hall: $60 / night*

C. 4 new comfortable trailer rooms with sofa-beds for up to 4 people: $250/night*; $50 for additional person.*

*Room or floor bed rent includes each dayā€™s meals.

Ā 

MEALS:

2 excellent meals each day (authentic Xichuan cuisine for lunch and dinner) plus one smoothie or light soup before sleep. ā€¢ Meals are included with room or floor bed rentals ā€¢ Meal plan for non-residents: $50 per day.

Ā 

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

Ā 

Ā 

TO MAKE ROOM AND/OR MEAL PLAN RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CONTACTĀ Yurong č±«å®¹ Julia Li Ꝏ at:Ā [email protected]Ā orĀ [email protected] Tel: (917) 828-0731

PLEASE NOTE:Ā The town of Catskill is convenient 14 minutes away by car (8.5 miles) has plenty of comfortable bed & breakfast inns, motels and resorts in and around the nearby town of Catskill such as Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort:Ā https://www.greatnortherncatskills.com/.../wolffs-maple...Ā https://wolffs-maple-breeze-resort.new-york-state.net/en/

Ā 

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

On 5/16/2023 at 5:36 PM, Pak_Satrio said:

It must be the longest running thread on TDB!

https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/flying-phoenix-qigong-workshop-14

Ā 

Ā 

HiĀ to all FP Practitioners,

Ā 

I want to share two training tips:

Ā 

(1)Ā  Ā The first is one that I had mentioned once before during the first couple months of this thread in 2010--around the same time thatĀ Ā "ridingtheox" recommended the same:

On 5/16/2023 at 5:36 PM, Pak_Satrio said:

Ā 

and that is to practice the capstone Long Form meditation (taught on Vol.4 DVD)Ā  two times back-to-back--as slowly as you can.Ā  TheĀ  benefits of of continuous, uninterrupted FP Meditation is self-evident.Ā  All you have to do is Just Do It.Ā  I did two rounds of the Long Form this morning and on the second round, my postures were lower than ever,Ā more relaxed than ever, and almost completely effortless--whereas the first round I ran into tension that causedĀ breaks,Ā kinks and hitches.Ā  The second roundis always slower and smoother than the first round.Ā  Of course,Ā  I also recommend a third round.

Ā 

Ā 

(2)Ā  Ā Tip Number 2 is a veryĀ simple thing to do when you practice the seated "Monk Serves Wine" ("MSW") meditations that will makeĀ you more tangibly awareĀ the distinctive, sublimely restorative Flying PhoenixĀ Healing Qi that you are cultivating, increase your enjoyment of the fruits of your practice, and naturallyĀ allow you to appreciateĀ theĀ  awesomeness of theĀ Ā FP Qigong system--and love its side-effects:Ā  Ā 

a. Ā Rather than doing your seated MSW Meditations on the floor or carpet inside or on grass outside or a yoga mat outside,Ā do them Ā seated on one or two regular bedroom pillowsĀ with preferably down filling and cotton pillow cases. Ā (polyester filling is also okay, but down feathers is better)

b.Ā  Do one, or two, or three, or even four different MSW Meditations (7 rounds for each meditation)--in one sitting.

c.Ā  When finished, take the (one or)Ā two pillows on which you were sitting and lie down on them (supine)--with the top pillow placed underneath your upper back and neck.Ā Ā 

Ā 

You will notice that the "heat" retained in yourĀ pillows (especially the top one) Ā is not ordinary body heat but a most distinctively comfortable, soothing, and penetrating type or "flavor" of energy.Ā  Call it theĀ Ā Flying Phoenix Healing Qi.Ā  It'sĀ  light and deeply infusing.Ā  Also try lying your head sideways on the warmest part of the pillow.Ā 

Ā 

I discovered this lovely side effect (of aĀ super-abundance of the FP Healing Qi outside of one's body) back in the early 1990's when I first learned FP Qigong from GM Doo Wai and practiced it more than any other student in our group.Ā  But it's only been in the past year that I started doing a lot of MSW practice on a bed, sitting on pillows, and thus regularly experiencing this most pleasantĀ FP Energy phenomenon.

Ā 

I'm sure other FP practitioners have discovered this pleasant effect.Ā  Please share your experiences if you have!Ā  And state whether you think it's just body heat--or something else.

Ā 

Sifu TerryĀ 

Ā 

https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/flying-phoenix-qigong-workshop-14

Ā 

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hi all,

I am new to this system of

qigong ( Still on DVD 1 &2 ). I was just wondering did anyone specifically count or measure using a stop watch to determine how much to exhale for each breathing percentageĀ approximately?. Or is this unnecessary and something I will become more aware of as I practise ?

Thank youĀ 

5 hours ago, Beep said:

Hi all,

qigong ( Still on DVD 1 &2 ). I was just wondering did anyone specifically count or measure using a stop watch to determine how much to exhale for each breathing percentageĀ approximately?. Or is this unnecessary and something I will become more aware of as I practise ?

Thank youĀ 

Ā 

Figure out how much pressure you need to exhale completely (but without straining yourself) for 10 seconds. Then count off the number of seconds for each exhale in the meditations exhaling with that same pressure. So 20% would be 2 seconds, 30% would be 3 seconds, etc.

Ā 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

Ā 

Figure out how much pressure you need to exhale completely (but without straining yourself) for 10 seconds. Then count off the number of seconds for each exhale in the meditations exhaling with that same pressure. So 20% would be 2 seconds, 30% would be 3 seconds, etc.

Ā 

Oh I see, ill try that thank you

12 hours ago, Beep said:

Hi all,

Thank youĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Sifu Terry's official instructions seemĀ different from Efreethought's suggestion, in that it does not limit your breath to 10 seconds. Maybe your normal exhalation is only 6 seconds long.

Ā 

Here areĀ Sifu Terry's officialĀ words:

Ā 

"Try first mentally calibrating your normal breath (which you take each time with the 3 priming breathes at the start) into 10 parts. Mentally count from 1 to 10 with each normal breath you take--no matter how fast you have to count in the beginning. Once you establish those 10 counts, then use those counts to exhale whatever %'s the particular FP exercise calls for. All the breath controls are based on your normal breath cycle. It is RELATIVE--but it is not arbitrary."

Ā 

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung/?do=findComment&comment=177700

Ā 

"This is how I get my beginning students qigong comfortable with the FP breathing sequences:

"Calibrate" each inhalation and exhalation of the deepest breath you can take into ten equal parts:

First concentrate on taking very deep breaths, quietly and smoothly, (through the nose and with tongue touching the roof of the mouth, of course). Once you do this for a few minutes, and feel that you are breathing your deepest, fullest breathes, you then count "fit" ten even counts into each exhalation cycle--e.g., by mentally counting to yourself "one potato, two potato, three potato...ten potatoes" through each exhalation (and also inhalation)."

Ā 

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-167161

Ā 

Ā 

You can also search this thread specifically for "breath counting" or "breathing sequence" or something similar.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by searcher7977
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2023 at 3:35 AM, EFreethought said:

Ā 

Ā 

Hi EFreethought,

Ā 

Welcome to the world of Flying Phoenix Qigong practice and to our jazzy thread!

Ā 

Yes, please follow my advice for mentally calibrating the breath cycle into 10 parts that Searcher7977 so kindlyĀ  found and quoted for you.Ā  Ā He's right, you don't have to strive towards or limit yourself toĀ Ā 10 seconds per each inhalation and exhalation.Ā  Not everyone can stretch their breath duration to 10 seconds on the inhalation or exhalation.Ā  There is an average resting breathing rate for humans, which is 12 to 16 breathes per minute (thusĀ 5 seconds per breath [2.5 secs. per each inhalation and exhalation] or shorter is "normal").Ā  Every person has their own resting breathing rate.Ā  Plus lung capacity and breathes/minute can be readily trained and conditioned to super-normal durations by exercise and voluntary training or involuntary reaction to stress.Ā  Athletes who do aerobic sports and non-athletes who do aerobic sports and exercise can easily expand their lung capacities and lower their heart rates and breathes per minute--and maintain these higher functional levels--by their active professions and lifestyles.Ā  Ā So can practitioners of Yoga (--I mean, real Yoga likeĀ  Ashtanga Yoga, Arobindo's Integral Yoga, and Iyengar Yoga--the way they were taught in the 1960'sĀ (as opposed to the diluted, over-commercialized, 5th generation New Age, tea-and-sympathy, "a.m./p.m." Ā wastes-of-time that only makes leotard,Ā  yoga mat and incense companiesĀ wealthy).Ā Ā 

Ā 

As a good example:Ā  Ā in Tao Tan Pai ("Taoist Elixir Method") Nei Kung, the other Taoist monastic Qigong system I preserve and teach (that I started learning 18 years before I started FP Qigong with GM Doo Wai),Ā Ā the first levelĀ Qigong isĀ the Basic Tao Tan Pai 31 Meditations ("TTP-31").Ā  As the name reflects, this levelĀ consists of 31 Meditations.Ā  The 31 consists of 15 standing and 16 seated.Ā  Each exercise and the sequencing of the entire system was designed in the Tang Dynasty (24 generations ago) to effectively increaseĀ lung capacity,Ā Ā decreases theĀ resting respiratory rateĀ (breathes per minute at rest).Ā Ā Ā And the first exercise of the 31 is a signature exercise called "Circling Palms" (also called "Cloud Hands"--but no relation or similarity to Tai Chi's "Wave Hands Like Clouds").Ā  This exercises consists of overlapping inward circling ofĀ the arms done on a horizontal plane and at shoulder level.Ā Ā And when this circling pattern isĀ  done the classically prescribed numberĀ times or rounds in each session a regular daily basis (with the appropriate follow-up meditations), thisĀ conditioningĀ gradually and steadilyĀ expands the practitioner's respiratory efficiencyĀ far aboveĀ normal while keeping the body in parasympathetic tone throughout.Ā  During my years of training at the Taoist Sanctuary under my favorite teacher the ven. John Davidson, we would work our way up to 20 seconds for each inhalation and 20 seconds for each exhalation.Ā  Ā Circling Palms Ā is seen in the the beginning of this overview video showing 8Ā of the TTP-31 Meditations:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*All of the 31 basic meditations work individually and together synergistically in the classical sequence to effectivelyĀ expand lung capacity (tidal volume), reduce resting respiratory rate--through a yogic methodology that coordinates the functions of eyes, mind, movement, and breath--where the eyes and mind constantly directs the flow and manifestation of the internal energy (Qi) to the intended part of the body, starting with the hands.Ā  The TTP-31 Meditations as a systemĀ developsĀ natural body mechanics that enables frictionless movement to do better kung fu--which in the broaderĀ sense going beyond martial artsĀ  means "masteringĀ work".Ā  Ā And, again, theĀ  Qi cultivated by the TTP Yogas is a general vital energy that can be directed by one's shen (psychic focus or intentionality) to effect healing or to empower kung fu or any type of physical or athletic activity.Ā Ā Traditionally, the TTP-31 is practiced concomitantly with the TTP Five Animals Kung Fu forms--tiger, dragon, snake, crane, and monkey, where all the kung fu forms have the TTP Yoga built into them, making each one an essential complement to the practice of TTP-31 system and the higher levels of the Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung system.Ā  InĀ other words, without the Kung Fu forms, one cannot attain the full benefits of the TTP Yogas.Ā 

Ā 

ā€¢ I repeat again that the the Flying Phoenix Healing Qi has purely healing properties and cannot be used in any way with martial intent.Ā  Ā Qi cultivated by the TTP Nei Kung system--at any level--is different from which .Ā  Ā Because FP Healing QiĀ purely healing and restorative and because FP Qigong is tamper-proof and asshole-proof,Ā  I've been able to teach the complete art including the esoteric breathing formulas since I first learned it from GM Doo Wai.Ā  Ā (I can now say this afterĀ  14 years on this thread),

Ā 

in ā€¢for itĀ scares away evil people who don't like the feel of its health transformation) of

Ā 

[And, again, in answer to your question and others' questions about how one can learn the TTP-31 system, the answer is only through my classes and workshops that are Zoomable--or those given my classmates who trained at the Taoist Sanctuary.Ā There are noĀ published instructional materials on Tao Tan Pai.]

Ā 

All that said:Ā  the bottom line in terms of how to calibrate your breathing cycle into equal 10 parts isĀ is to be very mindful of your breathing over a good period of time.Ā  Ā Here's one healthy approach for beginners that I haven't posted before:

(1)Ā  Take a series of deeper-than-normal breathes all of the same approximate duration--and try to stretchĀ each breath so that each inhalation and exhalation isĀ more than 5 seconds (that's 10 sec. per breath).Ā  That automatically puts you into "parasympathetic tone" (rest and recovery mode).

2.Ā  Then take as deep an inhalation as you can comfortably manage and exhale for the same duration;

3.Ā  Calibrate or partition each breath into 10 parts.Ā  Ā When I first started learning FP,Ā  I counted "one potato, two potato, three potato. etc."Ā  Ā  At the start of this thread, Sifu Garry Hearfield in Australia posted that he also counted "potatoes" when he practicedĀ his Sunn Yi Gung from GM Doo Wai.

Ā 

I hope this clarifies how to do FP Qigong's percentage breath control formulas.

Ā 

Sifu Terry Dunn

Ā 

Ā 

P.S.Ā  btw, LAST CALL for my 14-hour FP Qigong workshop this weekend, June 23 to 25Ā at Tao Retreat in Catskill, NY that is ZOOMABLE--where all remote students get real-time interactive form corrections and guidance to the same extent as my in-person students.Ā  (I have large monitor set up on which IĀ can see all students participating.)

Ā 

WORKSHOP SCHEDULE --Ā June 23 to June 25:Ā  Ā 7 two-hour sessions with 2 sessions on Friday, 3 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday at these times (EST):

Sunday: 1 0am - noon; 2:30pm - 4:30pm EST

ā€¢TUITION

$350 early registration
$385 day of workshop

ā€¢ ZOOM PARTICIPATION:Ā  Ā $40 per 2-hour session or $250 forĀ all 7 sessions [Zoom log-on links will be emailed to registrants the day before the workshop begins]

ā€¢ Please send payment via Paypal (toĀ [email protected]) or via Zelle (toĀ [email protected]Ā ā€¢

Ā 

FULL DETAILS:Ā  Ā Ā https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/flying-phoenix-qigong-workshop-14

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, zen-bear said:

Hi EFreethought,

Ā 

Welcome to the world of Flying Phoenix Qigong practice and to our jazzy thread!

Ā 

Yes, please follow my advice for mentally calibrating the breath cycle into 10 parts that Searcher7977 so kindlyĀ  found and quoted for you.Ā  Ā He's right, you don't have to strive towards or limit yourself toĀ Ā 10 seconds per each inhalation and exhalation.Ā  Not everyone can stretch their breath duration to 10 seconds on the inhalation or exhalation.Ā  There is an average resting breathing rate for humans, which is 12 to 16 breathes per minute (thusĀ 5 seconds per breath [2.5 secs. per each inhalation and exhalation] or shorter is "normal").Ā  But every one's different.Ā  Plus lung capacity and breathes/minute can be readily trained and conditioned to super-normal durations by exercise and either voluntary or involuntary stress.Ā  Athletes who do aerobic sports and non-athletes who do aerobic sports and exercise can easily expand their lung capacities and lower their heart rates and breathes per minute--and maintain these higher functional levels--by their active professions and lifestyles.Ā  Ā So can practitioners of Yoga (--I mean, real Yoga likeĀ  Ashtanga Yoga, Arobindo's Integral Yoga, and Iyengar Yoga--the way they were taught in the 1960'sĀ (as opposed to the diluted, over-commercialized, 5th generation New Age, tea-and-sympathy, "a.m./p.m." Ā wastes-of-time that only makes leotard,Ā  yoga mat and incense companiesĀ wealthy).Ā Ā 

Ā 

As a good example:Ā  Ā in Tao Tan Pai ("Taoist Elixir Method") Nei Kung, the other Taoist monastic Qigong system I preserve and teach (that I started learning 18 years before I started FP Qigong with GM Doo Wai),Ā Ā the first levelĀ Qigong isĀ the Basic Tao Tan Pai 31 Meditations ("TTP-31").Ā  As the name reflects, this levelĀ consists of 31 Meditations.Ā  The 31 consists of 15 standing and 16 seated.Ā  Each exercise and the sequencing of the entire system was designed in the Tang Dynasty (24 generations ago) to effectively increaseĀ lung capacity,Ā Ā decreases theĀ resting respiratory rateĀ (breathes per minute at rest).Ā Ā Ā And the first exercise of the 31 is a signature exercise called "Circling Palms" (also called "Cloud Hands"--but no relation or similarity to Tai Chi's "Wave Hands Like Clouds").Ā  This exercises consists of overlapping inward circling ofĀ the arms done on a horizontal plane and at shoulder level.Ā Ā And when this circling pattern isĀ  done the classically prescribed numberĀ times or rounds in each session a regular daily basis (with the appropriate follow-up meditations), thisĀ conditioningĀ gradually and steadilyĀ expands the practitioner's respiratory efficiencyĀ far aboveĀ normal while keeping the body in parasympathetic tone throughout.Ā  During my years of training at the Taoist Sanctuary under my favorite teacher the ven. John Davidson, we would work our way up to 20 seconds for each inhalation and 20 seconds for each exhalation.Ā  Ā Circling Palms Ā is seen in the the beginning of this overview video showing 8Ā of the TTP-31 Meditations:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*All of the 31 basic meditations work individually and together synergistically in the classical sequence to effectivelyĀ expand lung capacity (tidal volume), reduce resting respiratory rate--through a yogic methodology that coordinates the functions of eyes, mind, movement, and breath--where the eyes and mind constantly directs the flow and manifestation of the internal energy (Qi) to the intended part of the body, starting with the hands.Ā  The TTP-31 Meditations as a systemĀ developsĀ natural body mechanics that enables frictionless movement to do better kung fu--which in the broaderĀ sense going beyond martial artsĀ  means "masteringĀ work".Ā  Ā And, again, theĀ  Qi cultivated by the TTP Yogas is a general vital energy that can be directed by one's shen (psychic focus or intentionality) to effect healing or to empower kung fu or any type of physical or athletic activity.Ā Ā Traditionally, the TTP-31 is practiced concomitantly with the TTP Five Animals Kung Fu forms--tiger, dragon, snake, crane, and monkey, where all the kung fu forms have the TTP Yoga built into them, making each one an essential complement to the practice of TTP-31 system and the higher levels of the Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung system.Ā  InĀ other words, without the Kung Fu forms, one cannot attain the full benefits of the TTP Yogas.Ā 

Ā 

ā€¢ I repeat again that the the Flying Phoenix Healing Qi has purely healing properties and cannot be used in any way with martial intent.Ā  Ā Qi cultivated by the TTP Nei Kung system--at any level--is different from which .Ā  Ā Because FP Healing QiĀ purely healing and restorative and because FP Qigong is tamper-proof and asshole-proof,Ā  I've been able to teach the complete art including the esoteric breathing formulas since I first learned it from GM Doo Wai.Ā  Ā (I can now say this afterĀ  14 years on this thread),

Ā 

in ā€¢for itĀ scares away evil people who don't like the feel of its health transformation) of

Ā 

[And, again, in answer to your question and others' questions about how one can learn the TTP-31 system, the answer is only through my classes and workshops that are Zoomable--or those given my classmates who trained at the Taoist Sanctuary.Ā There are noĀ published instructional materials on Tao Tan Pai.]

Ā 

All that said:Ā  the bottom line in terms of how to calibrate your breathing cycle into equal 10 parts isĀ is to be very mindful of your breathing over a good period of time.Ā  Ā Here's one healthy approach for beginners that I haven't posted before:

(1)Ā  Take a series of deeper-than-normal breathes all of the same approximate duration--and try to stretchĀ each breath so that each inhalation and exhalation isĀ more than 5 seconds (that's 10 sec. per breath).Ā  That automatically puts you into "parasympathetic tone" (rest and recovery mode).

2.Ā  Then take as deep an inhalation as you can comfortably manage and exhale for the same duration;

3.Ā  Calibrate or partition each breath into 10 parts.Ā  Ā When I first started learning FP,Ā  I counted "one potato, two potato, three potato. etc."Ā  Ā  At the start of this thread, Sifu Garry Hearfield in Australia posted that he also counted "potatoes" when he practicedĀ his Sunn Yi Gung from GM Doo Wai.

Ā 

I hope this clarifies how to do FP Qigong's percentage breath control formulas.

Ā 

Sifu Terry Dunn

Ā 

Ā 

P.S.Ā  btw, LAST CALL for my 14-hour FP Qigong workshop this weekend, June 23 to 25Ā at Tao Retreat in Catskill, NY that is ZOOMABLE--where all remote students get real-time interactive form corrections and guidance to the same extent as my in-person students.Ā  (I have large monitor set up on which IĀ can see all students participating.)

Ā 

WORKSHOP SCHEDULE --Ā June 23 to June 25:Ā  Ā 7 two-hour sessions with 2 sessions on Friday, 3 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday at these times (EST):

Sunday: 1 0am - noon; 2:30pm - 4:30pm EST

ā€¢TUITION

$350 early registration
$385 day of workshop

ā€¢ ZOOM PARTICIPATION:Ā  Ā $40 per 2-hour session or $250 forĀ all 7 sessions [Zoom log-on links will be emailed to registrants the day before the workshop begins]

ā€¢ Please send payment via Paypal (toĀ [email protected]) or via Zelle (toĀ [email protected]Ā ā€¢

Ā 

FULL DETAILS:Ā  Ā Ā https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/flying-phoenix-qigong-workshop-14

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yes this helps a lot , thank you for clarifyingĀ 

Hello Sifu Terry,

Ā 

Hope all is well. First off, thank you for this thread,Ā it is an increbily inspiringĀ gem withĀ oceans deep of resources. I just ordered vol 1 and 2 but after trying almost everything still cant get the vol 2 dvdĀ to work as I'm getting an unmastered ufh dvd error. Kindly, respond to my email and pms at your earliest convience as I'm eagar to find a solution to this issue.

Ā 

Looking forward to your response.

Ā 

Thanks,

Kam

• Like 2

On 5/18/2016 at 3:02 AM, zen-bear said:

Ā 

Also, if one does not do TTP to its most advanced levels--meaning learning the last two advanced yogas called "the 9 Flowers" and the "5 Dragons", one does not get to treble one's energy level (at a minimum) and does not develop one's shen, or psychic awareness, to the extent that one can literally see automatically all life forms as energy and all humans in their karmic totality-- in the same mode that Castaneda describes in his books chronicling his apprenticeship in what he called Yaqui Indian sorcery.

Ā 

FP Qigong and the other Bok Fu Pai Meditaiton systems fully develop shen to this same degree, but they do not do it in what I would describe as such a "compact, speedy and efficient" manner as the TTP system does it. TTP does it entirely through the its two most advanced Yogas. The transformative effects of this higher training on consciousness and bodily energy is profound and almost surreal--in terms of a beginner's frame of reference. These particular energy effects are the transformative hallmarks of Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung.

Ā 

Q#4: I know in past conversations we've had offline you said they are "different energies" but can you elaborate on that as well?

The energy cultivated by FP Qigong is purely a healing energy that cannot be transformed into a martial energy. The FP Healing Energy has a distinct tangible feel, specific salient physiological benefits, and after a certain amount of correct practice, creates an aura around and within the body of a specific color. As I've discussed over the years on this thread, this healing energy, once it is cultivated to super-abundance, has the incredibly unique and splendid quality of spontaneously "jumping off" of the practitioner and infusing into anyone in proximity who has disease or injury and for which one has positive regard. No yogic energy that I have ever encountered on earth has this ability to automatically transfer itself.

Ā 

Tao Tan Pai Energy, per my experience and my observation of it others, does not have a specific color that is universally visible to every practitioner. The exception is that after practicing the most advanced yoga in that system, any person with good shen (and not necessarily a TTP practitioner) can see the effects of its cultivation as a mythic Chinese animal of residing at a particular locus in the body.

Ā 

The healing methods using FP energy and those of TTP are very different because the 2 energies are so very different. As I shared in the thread, GM Doo Wai who was a friend, peer and contemporary of GM Share K. Lew, and contrasted the differences in their healing methods in a nutshell by saying: "We don't manipulate energy; we just pass our hand over." There is much, much more to the differences, but that's one sufficient elegant summation. And it absolutely does not mean that one's healing method is better than the other. It just means that the energies are different. It is the testimonial of GM Doo Wai as to the spontaneous and automatic nature of the FP Healing Energy.

Ā 

Q#1: Can you help me understand how FP and Tao Ahn Pai work together?

To answer your first question, I will start by putting it this way:

ā€¢ Tao Tan Pai Kung Fu inclusive of its Nei Kung stands by itself, as does FP Qigong and its encompassing Bok Fu Pai system.

ā€¢ FP Qigong adds another level of healing power to the TTP practitioner.

ā€¢ Practicing the TTP system at any level accelerates and enhances the cultivation process of FP Qigong and grounds it tremendously.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Q#2: Do they complement each other and if so how?

My final elaboration of how Tao Tan Pai greatly enhances Flying Phoenix Qigong's cultivation is in two parts:

Ā 

A) Yes. As posted on this forum a couple of times, when I showed GM Doo Wai just a glimpse of the advanced TTP Nei Kung and asked him if I could continuing doing them why I was learning his system (FP), he said, knowing that I had done about 16 years of TTP training up to that point, he answered, "Yes, you can mix the two energies." So that is the answer to your question from the oldest living source of FP Qigong.

Ā 

Ā 

"> The questions would be:

>

> 1. Would the Qigong System "Tao Tan Pai (also known as Taoist Elixir Method)" suit me in terms of spiritual and bodily progress?

>

> 2. In what way would the above system complement my current practice of "Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations"?

Ā 

1. Excellent benefits from Tao Tan Pei. Development of intuition abilities and right brain function. More subtle and refined perception. And very important cleansing and expansion of heart chakra.

Ā 

2. It combines well with Flying Phoenix by enhancing everything that is being developed by that system It will strengthen and increase all the benefits of Flying Phoenix. This combination is highly recommended."

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sifu Terry Dunn

Ā 

Ā 

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Sifu Terry,

Ā I increased the font size and bolded the parts that I was particularly interested in. This post was from 2016. I am interested in developing more subtle perception and increasing my intuitive abilities through qigong practice. Do you still believe that I would need to learn advanced levels of TTP to get there--or would I be able to start developing this with some of the Flying Phoenix meditations? I am currently working on DVD 1 and DVD 2 at the moment. Do your zoom classes teach TTP moves that would help develop this psychic awareness? TyĀ 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 5:33 PM, zen-bear said:

Ā  Ā  IMMERSIVE 14-HOUR FLYING PHOENIX QIGONGĀ WORKSHOP

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā JUNE 23 to 25Ā  -- ZOOMABLE !!

Ā 

To all Flying Phoenix Qigong practitioners and followers of this thread:

Ā 

On June 23, 24 and 25, I will be conducting a 14-hour immersive workshop inĀ Ehrmei Mountain Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong that's very suitable for beginners but will be focussed on the intermediate and advanced practices of our art.Ā  Ā This will be my first FPCK workshop of Ā 2023 and sixth workshop at the beautiful "Tao Retreat" (Han Chinese Culture Assoc.) at 33 Tao Road in Catskill, NY.Ā  The seven 2-hour sessions of this workshop are Zoom-able where all remote attendees will get interactive feedback and corrections just the same as in-person attendees, as I will have a large monitor with everyone's Zoom frames displayed.

Ā 

Ā 

This new video recently posted on this threadĀ shows the FP Qigong material that I will be teaching at thisĀ workshop, including one of the 10,000 Buddha Ascends to Heaven meditations.Ā  Pour yourself a cup of tea, sit back, and view this video as my latest reference to correct your form--in order to refine your practice and furtherĀ experience how elegant,Ā sophisticated, sublime and powerfulĀ Ā Feng Do Duks' Flying Phoenix Qigong ("Fei Feng San Gung") system is in its performance and delivery of supreme good health:
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There's qigong and there's qigong.Ā  Then there's Flying Phoenix Qigong that differs from allĀ other Yogic arts created in China or India or anywhere else in the world in the way that it so remarkably fulfills the 5 essential functional criteria of any authentic Qigong system--as defined by the late great Master R.K. Shih (elaborationsĀ by me are in italics):

(1) prevents diseaseĀ by elevating immune levelsĀ Ā (which I hope to get proven by medical science in the near future)

(2) cures (some) diseases Ā by inducing allostasisĀ withoutĀ adding stress to the system;

(3) strengthens the body--by, in the words of GM Doo Wai, "bringing all the organ functions under the regulation of the subconscious mind";

(4) improves intelligence and thereby increasesĀ longevityĀ (for starters, by developingĀ the mental function of visualization like no other Qigong art); and

(5) develops latent powersĀ (e.g., clairvoyance, clairaudience, remote viewing, remote healing,Ā advanced kung fu, psychokinesis, seeing all forms of energy that go unseen by the consensus reality, etc.)Ā --i.e.Ā  If a so-called "qigong" does not develop latent powers, then it is NOT qigong!!!)

Ā 

Astonishing and revelatory for most beginnersĀ is the common Flying Phoenix Qi phenomenon where the tangibly energizing and rejuvenating effects experienced during a practice session set on again several hours later in an unexpected total-body Qi-envelopment of the most pleasant and sublimely healing nature.Ā  This was echoed by a western physician and professor of publicĀ health at Yale School of Public Health in December, 2020, after I she took one two-hour beginner's FP Qigong lesson with me:

"Flying Phoenix Qigong practice significantly elevates parasympathetic tone.Ā Ā 90 minutes of practice of this Qigong is restorative in real time and over time afterwards."Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā Ā -Ā Yetsa A. Tuakli-Wosornu, M.D., M.P.H., IOC Dip. Sp. Med.Ā Ā Assistant Clinical Professor, Yale School of Public HealthĀ DepartmentĀ of Chronic Disease Epidemiology.Ā  December,Ā 2020

Ā 

WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

The 3-day immersive workshop onĀ June 23, 24 and 25 consistsĀ Ā of 7 two-hour sessions with 2 sessions on Friday, 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday at these times (EST):

Sunday: 10am - noon; 2:00pm - 4:00pm EST

Ā 

WORKSHOP AGENDA

The goal of this workshop is to help beginning and intermediate FP practitioners reach proficiency in the Long Form Standing Meditation and to introduce them to some of the Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditationsā€”a set of 9 standing moving meditations andĀ to some of other 16 advanced seated ā€œMonk Serves Wineā€ meditations that I have not yet published.

A.Ā Ā Thus each session will review of theĀ  Flying Phoenix Qigong meditations presented in theĀ Chi Kung For HealthĀ DVD series, with special focus on perfecting the "Moonbeam Splashes On Water" in Volume 3 and the Capstone Long Form Standing Meditation (Vol.4), mastering the five powerful 90-second meditations on Volume 5, and all memorizing the 5 advanced seated meditations on Volume 7 of the DVD series.Ā 

ā€¢Ā All participants are encouraged to practice to the Volumes 3, 4, 5, and 7 of the DVD series prior to the workshop.

Ā 

B.Ā In addition to reviewing the basic level of the FP Qigong system, I will also teach:
1.Ā Excerpts fromĀ Advanced Flying Phoenix Qigong MeditationsĀ (9 standing moving meditations).

2.Ā Excerpts fromĀ Advanced Long Form Seated (Monk Serves Wine) MeditationĀ ā€” consisting of 22 postures.Ā  Not that difficult-- twice as long as the MSW meditation on Volume 7 that has the breath-control sequence (70Ā  50 20 10)--plus 2 more movements.

3.Ā Ā Selections from theĀ 10,000 Buddhas Ascend To Heaven Meditations SystemĀ ā€”Ā a highlyĀ esoteric system of martial and healing Qigong consisting of 54 meditations organized into 3 sets of 18.Ā Ā 

4.Ā Advanced ā€œMonk Serves Wineā€ seated MeditationsĀ not taught in the DVD series, such as thisĀ  self-applied acupressure facial massage, repeated 7 times:

https://www.facebook.com/1584272222/videos/a.10217921381417870/10217924324531446

Ā 

C.Ā Ā AĀ 15-minute warm-up moduleĀ at the start of every class will include:Ā  "The Silkweaverā€™s Exercise" (unaffiliated with any martial art or Taoist tradition but immensely valuable forĀ beginners in almost anyĀ internal art); excerpts from Master George Xu'sĀ Qing Dynasty Imperial Guard Exercises;Ā  the "Short Form Power Yoga" of theĀ Taoist Elixir Method Basic 31 Meditations--all of which haveĀ catalyzing and accelerative effectsĀ on the Flying Phoenix Qigong cultivation.

Ā 

TUITIONĀ 

$350 early registration
$385 day of workshop

ZOOM PARTICIPATION:

$40 per 2-hour session or $250 / all 7 sessions [Zoom log-on links will be emailed to registrants the day before the workshop begins]

Ā 

ā€¢ā€¢ Please send payment via Paypal (toĀ [email protected]) or via Zelle (toĀ [email protected]Ā ā€¢ā€¢

Ā 

ROOMS & MEAL PLAN:Ā 

See postscript below or my Newsletter:Ā Ā Ā terencedunn.substack.com

Ā 

If you have any questions about the workshop, please post here or write to me at:Ā Ā [email protected]

** Please also see recent reviews of my last workshop (Sept. 30)Ā posted on this thread by David Lloyd Hastings on October 8 and by Tao Now on October 16. **

Ā 

I hope to see many, many of you at this post-summer solstice Flying Phoenix Workshop to tune y'all up to be in sync for a most sunny, alchemic, and victorious summer.

Ā 

mitakuye oyasin,

Ā 

Sifu Terry Dunn
Ā 

Ā 

P.S.:Ā  Ā Ā ROOMS AT TAO RETREAT

A. There are 3 rentable rooms at the main event hall at Tao Retreat: One room with bathroom: $350 / day* Two rooms with a shared bathroom: $248 / day*

B. Ten floor beds in the main tea house / event hall: $60 / night*

C. 4 new comfortable trailer rooms with sofa-beds for up to 4 people: $250/night*; $50 for additional person.*

*Room or floor bed rent includes each dayā€™s meals.

Ā 

MEALS:

2 excellent meals each day (authentic Xichuan cuisine for lunch and dinner) plus one smoothie or light soup before sleep. ā€¢ Meals are included with room or floor bed rentals ā€¢ Meal plan for non-residents: $50 per day.

Ā 

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

Ā 

Ā 

TO MAKE ROOM AND/OR MEAL PLAN RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CONTACTĀ Yurong č±«å®¹ Julia Li Ꝏ at:Ā [email protected]Ā orĀ [email protected] Tel: (917) 828-0731

PLEASE NOTE:Ā The town of Catskill is convenient 14 minutes away by car (8.5 miles) has plenty of comfortable bed & breakfast inns, motels and resorts in and around the nearby town of Catskill such as Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort:Ā https://www.greatnortherncatskills.com/.../wolffs-maple...Ā https://wolffs-maple-breeze-resort.new-york-state.net/en/

Ā 

looks like a great way to go for a holiday and socialise and get out there. i love that stuff, especially the yum cha at the end. i doubt it would heal my mopai mixing health problems unless there is testimony that someone has .

Hi all,

sorry to bother you guys again but just a question , if I train everyday for about an hour or more , how long is it recommended to practice volume 1 and 2 until IĀ progress to volume 3 ?

On 29/06/2023 at 8:28 AM, Beep said:

Hi all,

sorry to bother you guys again but just a question , if I train everyday for about an hour or more , how long is it recommended to practice volume 1 and 2 until IĀ progress to volume 3 ?

Until you feel ready. Thereā€™s no need to rush, you can go as slow as you like or you can go straight into it. What I would recommend before you start volume 3 is have a private lesson with Sifu Terry so he can correct your form before you get into the more complicated sets of volume 3 onwards.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Until you feel ready. Thereā€™s no need to rush, you can go as slow as you like or you can go straight into it. What I would recommend before you start volume 3 is have a private lesson with Sifu Terry so he can correct your form before you get into the more complicated sets of volume 3 onwards.

Oh I see , thank youĀ 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2023 at 1:07 AM, Beep said:

Oh I see , thank youĀ 

I started learning volume 3 around 2 months after I started volumes 1Ā and 2, just for your reference, was also doing at least an hour a day.

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1