DalTheJigsaw123

What Sort of Taoist Sexual Systems Exist? And How Do They Work?

Great, Thank You! I started reading The Multi-Orgasmic Man by Mantak Chia & Douglas Abrams. Is this a good start?

I have read The Multi-Orgasmic Man and think it is good. Though I suggest ignoring the finger lock million dollar point as far as practice goes. Not only is it awkward I just don't think semen retention is that important. If you are going to ejaculate then just enjoy it and keep practicing prolonging or not ejaculating at all.

I would really like to go to Michael Winn's retreat on this. Has anyone been?

JA MU (michael Lomax) describes a form of taoist dual cultivation in his book which he claims is very good and I also think quite different from the most common techniques. Both partners have to be cultivators to make it work.

there has been some interesting threads about sexual practices in the last six months. Karezza has been menationed in almost all of them so if you search for Karezza you will find several good threads with, IMO, very valuable perspectives.

KAP also includes a bunch of dual cultivation stuff in KAP 2but it is a mixed system not a strictly taoist one.

I have read The Multi-Orgasmic Man and think it is good. Though I suggest ignoring the finger lock million dollar point as far as practice goes. Not only is it awkward I just don't think semen retention is that important. If you are going to ejaculate then just enjoy it and keep practicing prolonging or not ejaculating at all.

I would really like to go to Michael Winn's retreat on this. Has anyone been?

It is common wisdom on this board that for most people dr. Lins technique is better and safer then Chais technique. So many people damage themselves trying to follow the multiorgasmic man book. A lot of people have success also, but many experience trouble. In my opinion there should be very little force involved in bringing the energy up and there need be little or no muscular force aplied in the perineum. If one uses it it is more about the amount of relaxed control and intention one can bring to the area then the force aplied. Breathing and midnfulness really is the key IMO. If you search for the Karezza thread you will posts by me where I explain what I think about this in mcuh greater detail.

It is worth mentioning that a fellow taobum wrote that after doing the male deer exercise you can find on the Umaatantra page his tantric orgasms changed character and more or less floated up towards the head by themselves. It could be worth a shot to practice this while you work on multiples to see if this aplies to you to. The deer exercise inlcudes some toning of the PC muscle as well.

Generally a lot of people also have more and safer success with the Key sound and with the aneros then the pc muscle aproach.

Here is a couple but you can find several others that are good reads:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=9421&st=0

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=12466

Edited by markern

The greatest danger is simply to put far too much focus on Healing Love and forget about the basics and a good foundation. Grounding and balancing the Five Elements is essential! If it helps you to become a more balanced and caring person/lover, perfect! Be aware that sexual energy amplyfies all youre emotions - the good and the bad ones!

The very first books of Mantak Chia are very well written. Unfortunatly this is not true for his later books (with a few exceptions) ... I'll rather recommend Yudelove's first book:

100 Days to Better Health, Good Sex & Long Life: A guide to Taoist Yoga & Chi Kung. The way he puts everything together is awesome. He presents the stuff in small simple steps which are easy to follow.

Some further thoughts:

1. Read Trunk's warning and dangers section! There are no guarantees.

2. Work out! The better the shape you are in the more successful you are even with Chi Kung/Nei Kung. That's at least my experience!

3. Practice a moving form. It can be as simple as the Eight Pieces of Brocade or as complex as a Tai Chi Chuan form. There are also a lot of medical Chi Kung forms which are very good. All the Healing Tao stuff is very much head-driven. We Westerners are already too much in the head! A moving form helps to let go and relax.

4. Develop the Ming Men! It's really essential for this kind of practice!

Have fun!

Usually, the websites with big glaring "REGISTER NOW!" links that want you to pay money are complete garbage. This looks like a waste of time.

Thank you all for such great advice.

It is common wisdom on this board that for most people dr. Lins technique is better and safer then Chais technique. So many people damage themselves trying to follow the multiorgasmic man book. A lot of people have success also, but many experience trouble. In my opinion there should be very little force involved in bringing the energy up and there need be little or no muscular force aplied in the perineum. If one uses it it is more about the amount of relaxed control and intention one can bring to the area then the force aplied. Breathing and midnfulness really is the key IMO. If you search for the Karezza thread you will posts by me where I explain what I think about this in mcuh greater detail.

It is worth mentioning that a fellow taobum wrote that after doing the male deer exercise you can find on the Umaatantra page his tantric orgasms changed character and more or less floated up towards the head by themselves. It could be worth a shot to practice this while you work on multiples to see if this aplies to you to. The deer exercise inlcudes some toning of the PC muscle as well.

Generally a lot of people also have more and safer success with the Key sound and with the aneros then the pc muscle aproach.

Here is a couple but you can find several others that are good reads:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=9421&st=0

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=12466

Thank you for the links and information. I will read over them soon.

Most of the complaints I have read about The Multi Orgasmic Man (this forum excluded as I have not read much on this here yet) were actually addressed in the book. Those complaining apparently were not paying attention. Though on Chai's part, some important points are not stressed very heavily but mentioned almost in passing.

Now I am not saying that Chai's method is the best. I think it makes this more accessable to the average westerner. I think an important point that many may miss is that while the book is focused on physical things to do, Chai does say that this is only to get you started to help in moving the chi and that the goal is to not have to use these but only use your mind or have it happen naturally.

Now I have not studied Lin's technique. Where can I find this?

I have actually recently come across the male deer exercise. It sounds interesting but I have yet to try it. I do plan to try it out sometime.

Thank you for the links and information. I will read over them soon.

Most of the complaints I have read about The Multi Orgasmic Man (this forum excluded as I have not read much on this here yet) were actually addressed in the book. Those complaining apparently were not paying attention. Though on Chai's part, some important points are not stressed very heavily but mentioned almost in passing.

Now I am not saying that Chai's method is the best. I think it makes this more accessable to the average westerner. I think an important point that many may miss is that while the book is focused on physical things to do, Chai does say that this is only to get you started to help in moving the chi and that the goal is to not have to use these but only use your mind or have it happen naturally.

Now I have not studied Lin's technique. Where can I find this?

I have actually recently come across the male deer exercise. It sounds interesting but I have yet to try it. I do plan to try it out sometime.

You will find a good guide to navigating amongst Lins stuff (his own page is a mess aparently and by the way he is a quack but his technique is good, he also apparently has some very good sexual techniques for pleasing women) on alchemicaltaoism.com and an article that goes through the basic technique.

Check the Male deer exercise on Umaatantra to be sure it is the same thing because I have seen some deer exercise stuff that was just about contracting the perinium and this is much more. I have done it a bit myself and although I have not yet had the same effect as the guy mentioned I can see how this exercise moves your orgasms in that direction.

The first book on Taoist Secrets of Love is a great read. Co-authored with Michael Winn, I think it's one of a kind book on eastern sexual practices.

It also contains an outline of the Nine levels of practice regarding Healing love... have you guys ever read that part yet? No one ever mentioned it on this forum, at least. And, every level has it's techniques...

There are too many that equal Healing love to the Finger Lock, which is a bit silly, IMHO. That is only a temporary aid, it is specified so in all the books. You need to move further if you want a good look at the system.

In his last visit, M Chia said that many tantric gurus are coming to him to better their practices, but it's inofficial...

:)

The first book on Taoist Secrets of Love is a great read. Co-authored with Michael Winn, I think it's one of a kind book on eastern sexual practices.

It also contains an outline of the Nine levels of practice regarding Healing love... have you guys ever read that part yet? No one ever mentioned it on this forum, at least. And, every level has it's techniques...

There are too many that equal Healing love to the Finger Lock, which is a bit silly, IMHO. That is only a temporary aid, it is specified so in all the books. You need to move further if you want a good look at the system.

In his last visit, M Chia said that many tantric gurus are coming to him to better their practices, but it's inofficial...

:)

Well, then the tantra gurus should learn Lins technique or just do it karezza style with breathing instead.

What Sort of Taoist Sexual Systems Exist? And How Do They Work? Thank you!

Thanks for the question.

I also would like to know.

Mantak Chia type is obviously one. And it can be divided into hot and cold energy work.

But others?

I know that the white tiger books point to another.

I think your questions is very wide, and we should avoid answering from a single point of view. Com'on who knows something. Share if you can.