So what does it mean to say 'kundalini awakening', can someone explain that in English? Does it mean becoming enlightened?

just my two cents...maybe three pence these days :)

Awakening the kundalini does not mean one becomes enlightened...far from it. (hello, look at me as an example). That is a trap that people fall into. The journey then just begins. Enlightenment then, however that is defined, does not depend on kundalini development but it sure helps the process along.

Kundalini refers to energy that is historically thought to be coiled at the base of the spine in a dormant state. There are two types of kundalini. One keeps the body alive. If you don't have kundalini you are dead. The other is an energetic driver for spiritual, emotional, mental, physiological evolution.

Here's a good layman explanation without getting into the details:

http://www.kundaliniawakening.com/about-ku...-awakening.html

I recently posted this a day or two ago to heavenlygong's request. It is an excerpt from a much longer post:

For me a mature kundalini awakening is Shakti rising through the body to meet with her Beloved Shiva, marry him, and live in divine union and bliss expressed in the physical vehicle called Susan.

The non poetic explanation is the energy rises up the back piercing, clearing, activating all the chakras (both positive and negative expressions) and indwelling all the dan tiens. The energy not only rises up the back but comes down the front into the earth, cycles through the earth and up the legs again and again. The energy not only runs this major yin yang circuit or orbit but it settles not only into all the energy channels of the body but settles deep within the cells of all the body. There is a continuous flow of energy and conscious awareness between heaven and earth with the physical vessel known as Susan with her heart as the nexus point.

The body literally swims saturated in the flow of kundalini. It can be felt as a pulse or tidal wave that moves at different speeds. Ancients sometimes likened it to the undulations of a snake. The kundalini eventually settles even into the marrow of the bones creating a frission of bliss that feels like an internal fountain of champagne bubbles that is not only felt by the practitioner but by other sensitives. The bliss is so exquisitely pleasureable it borders on being unbearable, even feeling a bit painful in it's intensity. Only by holding a state of micro muscular tension in my body at all times I keep from falling over into spontaneous kriyas and expressions of bliss and ecstasy. Always, the whole current of the Universe feels like bliss as Shiva and Shakti continually make love as the universe is destroyed, created and destroyed again on all levels from micro to macro. Peace in my heart is deep and physically palpable, not an intellectual construct.

In the KAP school the party line is : Enlightenment is a biological process. For me, the state of enlightenment..whatever that is...holds no attraction. How best can I serve this world and those in it with the abilities Shakti has given me is of the greatest attraction.

Kundalini awakening can be spontaneous and immediate or it can take anywhere up to some years. Historically the KAP program, if you diligently follow and do the directions, takes about 90 days. That number is based on empirical studies Glenn Morris use to do with his students, he was a college teacher and with his MA students, since the 90s.

It is not unusual for the process to happen quicker if you are not in solitary practice. By that I mean, if you practice with a group and a teacher. When I used to teach alone, teaching people to awaken their kundalini, my goal was to get the process started in a weekend time frame and that was often the case. Where KAP is traditionally based on a formula of specific practices drawn from different traditions based on empirical testing and practice, my method was to primarily awaken Kundalini by energy transfer. I would put my hands on all my students and directly initiate and start the process during the weekend. I also had a fair number of advanced students who would assist me for they were able to initiate others also. Santi has improved the old KAP program where things move quicker. He does far more energy initiations and transfer than I have ever seen a teacher do before. He even does it more than me.

So my process was direct initiation to activate the kundalini. I would then spend a good portion of the seminar teaching people about how to live with kundalini in a fun and healthy manner.

I wrote this essay back in 2006: I lifted it from the kundalinisupportnetwork.com website that i have.

What Does Kundalini Activation Do?

by Susan A. Carlson, BSN, RN

Susan is the Founder of the Kundalini Support Network.

Kundalini Energy is living energy in the body that has two aspects, inner and outer. The outer kundalini aspect controls the physical, bodily process. It is what makes our heart beat, causes our lungs to breathe in and out. Simply put it is what keeps our bodies alive. When it is absent our bodies die.

The inner aspect of kundalini is normally dormant. It is an evolutionary driver for physio-psycho-spiritual transformation. It can be awakened in several different ways. Once awakened, it propels us to a self awareness that can be unparalleled in the world of self help seminars/books and human potential meetings. Once the awakening becomes fully mature self awareness is evident and heart and body felt bliss comes from merging into and becoming one with the Tao, Spirit, God, or All That Is. This is the goal of all major religions, esoteric martial arts and other spiritual systems. The end result is we can no longer draw a line of separation between us and the God Force.

Ten of the benefits of Self Awareness:

Synchronicity. Life no longer seems slavery to chance circumstance. We start operating in the natural flow of the Universe. The Ancients call this flow the Tao.

A dawning of experiential knowing, not an intellectual acknowledgement, there is an intelligent, universal energy, what some may call the God Force.

An equal knowing that we can access this energy at any moment.

You will begin to feel loved beyond belief!

Fear begins to evaporate to be replaced by peace. Peace is not the absence of conflict. Peace is the continual awareness of the presence of the God Force and the sacredness of all things.

We begin to develop an appreciative wonder for the Universe and everything it holds.

You will begin to experience a connectedness to everyone and everything.

Bliss becomes a natural state. Bliss can be shared with others as we become transformed by our meditative practice.

Health and wellness is more easily achieved.

The mind, body, spirit split is healed and we achieve integration as total and complete human beings.

Note that I would update this a little because I am continually growing and refining my practice in kundalini development.

You also might review Santi's latest posts because he gives his perspective too. He is more of the traditional practice clinician than I am, having studied for many years. I am more of an esoteric mystic in my practice which is more improvisational. I only began studying qigong in the last 4-5 years although my kundalini began to awaken in 1991. We are not mirror twins of each other. We do have differences and he is the Director of the program.

I hope you can tell from my response that I have an intimate, empirical relationship with this energy. It is not something I read in a book. It comes from having lived with for a long time in this process with hardly anyone, hardly any reference and no teacher to help me. I was generally alone in this process. The reason I teach is so others don't have to go through what I did nor for as long. Also for clarity, I was not a student of Dr. Morris's. He heard about me and searched me out to teach with him. We taught and learned from each other during our professional collaboration.

Nice question. Thanks. I hope I helped a little.

Hello Susan,

I'd have a question or two in respect to what you said above and would appreciate it if you could answer.

What exactly does 90 days mean? Does it mean that after completing all the 3 levels of KAP it takes an additional 90 days to fully awaken the Shakti?

Or does it mean that it takes 90 days of dilligent practice to complete all 3 levels of KAP and then the Shakti awakens automatically?

After the Shakti awakens is then this achievement a permanent one i.e. never declines, subsides, weakens, etc.?

When the Shakti rises after 90 days does this include all the signs of awakening that Santiago once listed?

Thank you in advance for the answers.

An

P. S. Does the KAP training include any techniques for completely mastering the dream state i. e. having lucid dreams anytime you want and being in perfect control of them (including remembering them in detail)?

Now, does this strike you as a "KAP-rabbit"? :lol:

http://www.roshani.co.uk/livingtoeat/wp-co...ant-rabbit3.jpg

Hi An,

I will give you my opinion. Santi can give you his. :)

I was involved for several years with teaching the old KAP version that Dr. Morris created with Santiago. There was also a version that Glenn taught before Santiago became Glenn's student and friend. Glenn was an empiricist who was continually revising and refining the process.

I am saying that after the first KAP training, KAP1, Dr. Morris said if the student practiced specific practices...and he gave a practice CD to the student when I was teaching with him that had on it the Buddha Breath, the Secret Smile,(that is not the Inner Smile found in other traditions) and the Microcosmic Orbit...his versions...that your kundalini would awaken in 90 days after practicing two times a day for 20 minutes. Privately me he told me it would be much quicker but he had to make allowances for people who couldn't follow directions or were resistant. Santi's improved version of KAP, of which he just listed the contents, in my opinion makes the process go faster. How much faster...less than 90 days? He will have to tell you the specifics. I have only been working with Santi since June.

The other two levels of KAP are great and help and advance one along the Kundalini process but are not needed to awaken Kundalini. They can make the process go quicker and help you become even more adept on the kundalini path.

Kundalini, when authentically awakened and mature, never goes back to sleep. The door can never be shut on it in my experiences. If it did...I would say IMO it was never fully awake.

Lucid dreaming and dream yoga. I know we talk about it but I don't think it is part of the curriculum.It just comes up for as part of the discussions student have with us. Santi will have to verify. I am still learning the curriculum.

KAP will make you an Alpha rabbit among rabbits. Nice pic!

Thank you for the questions. I hope I helped. :)

LOL @ Shaktimama If that is your 2 cents worth then what do I get for a dollar???

:D:lol:

Under promise and over deliver. It's good customer service. :)

We try to give more than is asked for in KAP as instructors.

Take once, give back twice as the saying goes in KAP.

Thank you for the outline. That is very comprehensive and indeed very interesting.

thanks I will answer more later i am a bit busy these next few days preparing for a UK.

Best wishes

santi

Santi Posts like this are very Helpful

Clarity is appreciated so Much -

Hey for those who are reading this thread and who are asking questions about whether Santi and Susan are authentic teachers - Well My perspective is this

I choose to give energy to Santi and Receive energy from him and Meditate on his spirit because of a couple things -

One is that what he describes from his personal experience rings true with what I have experienced -

Another reason is His spirit and Glen Morris spirit -

When Reading Morris or Books by Hatsumi what comes through more than the techniques is the spirit - What is beneath the words and I feel this in Santis writings -

So this is not meant to kiss Santis ass or Susans - or say he has something or doesnt

For me it was relatively simple on some levels -

A lot of confusion fear and instability are with me always - - And yet my instincts and feelings like what Santi is

U know this is a question I always ask or have asked when hearing talks by Lamas - Looking around the room at people who are completely confused and have no clue - And feeling these feelings in my self often - What to do if one just does not get it ? Well Divine grace and exposing oneself to what one wants to become -

So the stakes are kind of high when Picking a model or a spirit to meditate on - Good to have ability to discern gold from Shit

Wisdom comes into play here - Personal experience - intuition - Luck and Divine Grace ?

One thing I have not reconciled is issues of character and advanced energy practices -

Santi talks of a Sith Lord Archetype -

Morris speaks of Saints and Psychopaths if I remember correctly and says something to the affect that psychopaths or those possesed by the dark side can have just as much energy as saints -

Personally I have experienced some very dark, selfish states -

A spirit kind of like when Frodo is about to throw the ring of power into the pit and cant

("the Ring of Power is Mine!"

One thing I am not clear on as I have not cut through the illusion of duality - well I have seen it and have some wisdom regarding it but nothing to reduce suffering on a continuing basis -

These Sith Lord Archetypes and self serving - Is there something they are missing or are they really some sort of dark Buddha? It seems like one is still buying into or at least placing too much importance on a separate self - These types do not have the ever present peace in their hearts that goes deep that you talk about Santi?

Another conclusion in regards to behavior - A philosophical statement of mine which cuts through surface behaviors - Personality Quirks

"The Greatest gift one being can give to another is the chance to evolve "

A chance - How cool is that

Magic- Possibility - Wonder

A Chance

Susan Girls in Jedi Cloaks Rock!

Hello Upfromtheashes,

A short reply on one issue where I've inserted a quote from you below:

Morris speaks of Saints and Psychopaths if I remember correctly and says something to the affect that psychopaths or those possesed by the dark side can have just as much energy as saints -

This is not true in the sense that those seduced by what might be called the dark side are basically limited to what they can steal thorough various twisted methods. And more and most importantly there are limits to such methods and to what can be stolen! Thus and for instance an ego using methods that can handle and steal 1000 volts so to speak has that limit and will be seriously burned if trying to steal 10,000 volts... extrapolate this out and only a totaly true and deep Saint without any ego motives can be one with the infinite power, for any ego that trys to twist and steal that will suffer incineration.

Om

Edited by 3bob

Hello Upfromtheashes,

A short reply on one issue where I've inserted a quote from you below:

This is not true in the sense that those seduced by what might be called the dark side are basically limited to what they can steal thorough various twisted methods. And more and most importantly there are limits to what can be stolen! Thus and for instance an ego using methods that can handle and steal 1000 volts so to speak has that limit and will be incinerated when trying to steal 10,000 volts... extrapolate this out and only a totaly true and deep Saint without any ego motives can be one with the infinite power - for any ego that trys to twist and steal that will suffer incineration.

Om

very true i have seen that on a few occasions.

very true i have seen that on a few occasions.

Hello Vajrasattva,

Yes... and I would be remiss not to add to my previous post that many built-in (so to speak) warnings are given at many points. Also that this same infinite power can also act in a redemptive and transformitive way with such power and grace.

Om

Privately me he told me it would be much quicker but he had to make allowances for people who couldn't follow directions or were resistant.

LOL...

If you could describe my attempts at practice in a word it would be 'resistant'. Filled to the brim with negativity of all flavors, the rigor mortis of having sat-chit-ananda all but blotted out by powerful Vasanas.

How can such a one proceed in his practice?

Edited by Creation

LOL...

If you could describe my attempts at practice in a word it would be 'resistant'. Filled to the brim with negativity of all flavors, the rigor mortis of having sat-chit-ananda all but blotted out by powerful Vasanas.

one step at a time with the mind of a child who still has the capacity to be amazed and loves to play.

self depreciating humor helps which you seem to have. :)

LOL...

keep in mind also even though many have "disagreed" but the power of shaktipat & a real transmission can really speed things up for a person if they are ready.

Hello Vajrasattva,

Yes... and I would be remiss not to add to my previous post that many built-in (so to speak) warnings are given at many points. Also that this same infinite power can also act in a redemptive and transformitive way with such power and grace.

Om

well classic example was Milarepa.

keep in mind also even though many have "disagreed" but the power of shaktipat & a real transmission can really speed things up for a person if they are ready.

well classic example was Milarepa.

Ok in regards to the Sith Lord analogy as well as not being able to handle juice -

3 Years back for a long time I had even less of a clue what I was doing in regards to energy than I do now

Many nights starting at around 10 PM or so I could rub my arm on my couch and bring my hand close to it -

Lightning which reminded me of the Sith Lord in return of the Jedi would come out from my hands -This would travel like 6 inches or so

I would get up from bed completely insane- sometimes I sensed entities in my apartment - Other times just a strong darkness. touch the wall and sparks would crackle under my fingers- One time There was a moderately thick string of electricity that lasted for a few seconds that went from my nose to the couch -

I was engaged in some extreme dietary, sexual and energetic practices at the time -

one step at a time with the mind of a child who still has the capacity to be amazed and loves to play.

self depreciating humor helps which you seem to have. :)

Susan,

Thank you for the encouragement. It means a lot to me.

-Tyler

The question then becomes how does a student become ready if he is not ready yet? From the transmissions I have received (for which I am very grateful) the impression I get is that I am not ready.

Thanks for you long explanation of kundalini awakening, Shaktimama, should I abbreviate your name to SM =). I can identify with a lot of what you wrote as being similar to aspects of energy I've learned in chi kung, but one thing that I fail to connect with is "kundalini is said to be coiled at the base of the spine. Why do you say "is said to be"?

I'll read through it again when I have more time so I can analyze it better.

Edited by New Dawn Fades

The question then becomes how does a student become ready if he is not ready yet? From the transmissions I have received (for which I am very grateful) the impression I get is that I am not ready.

You are the only one who puts limits on your self.

Don't think about the "GOAL" or the "END" simply keep doing and let the Breath & Universe work through you and things will unlock naturally.

An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life.

He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me...It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, pride and superiority.

The other wolf stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside of you and every other person too."

They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather,

"Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied..."The one I feed."

Best wishes

Joel

PRICELESS

Edited by Vajrasattva

Thanks for you long explanation of kundalini awakening, Shaktimama, should I abbreviate your name to SM =). I can identify with a lot of what you wrote as being similar to aspects of energy I've learned in chi kung, but one thing that I fail to connect with is "kundalini is said to be coiled at the base of the spine. Why do you say "is said to be"?

I'll read through it again when I have more time so I can analyze it better.

Depending on the culture one gets a different read on where the repository of kundalini energy lies. For the hindu tradition it is written to be coiled 3.5 times in front of the curve of the tailbone. (There is a whole ancient sanskrit treatise on kundalini development which the name escapes me right now.) When activitated, "awakened", its normal course is to rise up the spine in an etheric or energy channel called the sushumna. This is analagous to the Tai Ji pole or to the Central Channel.There are variances of description depending on what cultural lens you are looking through.

The Khalahari Bushman, Navajo, Celts, Esoteric Judaism, Mayans and many others major traditions have something similiar. There are over 80 different words for living energy, chi, kundalini out there. (Forgot the reference) Some traditions don't make the fine distinctions in energetic anatomy like medical daoism, buddhism, or hinduism do. Instead one would have to look at what the energy manifests and how it manifests in the individual to get a good read on what type it is.

You can even call me Susan if you like.

This is getting more interesting.

I was reading Susan's post about the directional energy (up and down spine, piercing chakras etc) and I wonder if people aren't expecting that to happen ALL at once with KAP? Like "Boom you're done"? Then "Next, can I has superpowers now?" Why do you want them? <_<

It reminds me of that Chinese remark (I think it was supposed to be a curse) about having all your Karma cleansed in one week.

I would say if you want a "sudden school" then why not Zen?

Here's a few:

- "There is no fixed "You"" (I couldn't bear to suggest no "you" exists) - always grateful to Scott for the way of saying it

- "Wake up!"

- "You are the universe becoming aware of itself"

I think the last one is quite pretentious!

Where's my stick? (Apart from the idea that hitting people with sticks is not very nice!)

But no. Some people will always want to "really feel it". <_<

In which case KAP is a great way to go (except for the last thing on the list which I still think is quite pretentious;-) but that would be typical of me;-))

And once you feel it, then what do you do? Hopefully something good for everyone, including yourself.

End suffering, maybe?

Yeah the kundalini coiled three and half times around the base of the spine actually refers to the states of reality -- awake, dreaming, dreamless sleep -- and then the 4th state is Turiya which is "always already" -- pure consciousness beyond time.

That's why Gurdjieff was against kundalini -- and focused on "self-remembering" because the Self is Turiya or always-already there.

So instead we get three and a "half" for the 4th state.

This is getting more interesting.

I was reading Susan's post about the directional energy (up and down spine, piercing chakras etc) and I wonder if people aren't expecting that to happen ALL at once with KAP? Like "Boom you're done"? Then "Next, can I has superpowers now?" Why do you want them? <_<

It reminds me of that Chinese remark (I think it was supposed to be a curse) about having all your Karma cleansed in one week.

I would say if you want a "sudden school" then why not Zen?

Here's a few:

- "There is no fixed "You"" (I couldn't bear to suggest no "you" exists) - always grateful to Scott for the way of saying it

- "Wake up!"

- "You are the universe becoming aware of itself"

I think the last one is quite pretentious!

Where's my stick? (Apart from the idea that hitting people with sticks is not very nice!)

But no. Some people will always want to "really feel it". <_<

In which case KAP is a great way to go (except for the last thing on the list which I still think is quite pretentious;-) but that would be typical of me;-))

And once you feel it, then what do you do? Hopefully something good for everyone, including yourself.

End suffering, maybe?