If a teacher came up to me and say, look, i can show you where you want to go, because i have gone there before - i'd probably excuse myself and head for the nearest exit. Why? First of all, experiences are nothing but a bunch of past information put together and labelled "Experience". Is it wise to walk someone else's path, created from old information, or is it wiser to find your own unique path with your own ever-present unique experiences to guide you? It takes guts to do this, thats why many prefer to hand their power over to some teacher or whatever, so if they dont get anywhere, there is someone there to take the blame. Very common human failing. Secondly, an authentic teacher always only point, and leave the rest to the student to investigate for himself or herself, and learn and assimilate from these investigations. To do this, the teacher have no need whatsoever to draw on past experiences.

Those who hype, spin, or market their experiences are either doing so because of insecurity, ego tripping, or using them as a shield to deflect any possible question of authentic lineage transmissions. After all, if called into account, its really easy to say, oh, i have studied from 25 different lineages and traditions, and have assimilated the cream of all they had and condensed it into my experience to be shared with others. Usually such people have to continue defending their 'past experiences' because they have nothing else worthwhile to back up their credentials. Hence the vital question remains: what makes a so-called teacher think that his past experiences are of any value? It does not matter if you know all kinds of things - what you know and then impart to others are based in and on the past. Why should someone of sound judgement want to learn about that? So that they can get stuck in the past? So that they can be a 'parrot'? This does not make any sense to me.

If i want to adopt a teacher, or let a teacher adopt me, i want to know one thing - and one crucial thing only --

and that is, whether he or she can demonstrate the ability to stand without any dependence on past experiences to prop him/herself up. I want to know if this person can teach in the present. This is very important i think, to see how the teacher's past has transformed his present presence. It is only from that presence that true teachings can be imparted effectively.

Just my personal opinion.

Edited by CowTao

Horse's mouth? You must be referring to my confidence in my contemplation skill. Been at it all my life, more or less, nonstop, with a slight pause in my adolescence. But I refuse to say I am an authority. That would be counter to my vision. I do not accept authorities above myself in contemplation. And I recommend all others who care about the contents of their minds reject all authorities on contemplation and think for themselves.

I am a horse's mouth in that I don't need to look a stray horse in the mouth when it comes to contemplation. I got my own. And I also suggest that you be your own horse too.

As for Vajrasattva, it's going to take some kind of change for me to begin liking him. I started out pretty neutral-to-friendly with Vajrasattva. Then at one time, when I felt that someone complimented him in an absurd manner, I voiced my surprise. I didn't think Vajrasattva was bad at the time, I just didn't see anything special in Vajra, so I said so. Then Vajrasattva exploded all over the forum with his insane posts and crazy energy outbursts, just because I didn't agree that he was a shiny beacon of light. I wasn't even saying anything negative about Vajra at the time. But then after he exploded on that comment, I started paying more attention to Vajra and nowadays I don't like him. Later I began to like him a lot less when I found he's a Muslim. I can't stand Islam. I don't like religion in general, and I think Islam is the worst religion on the planet. It's the most destructive and ruinous religion on Earth. Then I found out Vajra has an entire posse on this forum, all his "customers." Then I also found out that there is a chance Vajra is donating to Islamic charities that support terrorism or that fund fundamentalist schools. Unless Vajrasattva comes clean as to which charities he donates to, so that we can check their validity, I am going to assume Vajra supports either terrorism or Islamic fundamentalism.

In a word, I don't like Vajrassatva and I am going to comment on it, pretty much as long as I am on this forum. I am not going to talk about it every day, hell no. I have better things to do. But when Vajra says something really stupid, and he invariably does that from time to time, I will take the opportunity to voice my displeasure.

Vajrasattva can keep peddling his stolen wares on this forum because this is not my forum. If this was my forum, I'd kick him off so fast, that time would slow down as Vajra approached the speed of light. If it was my forum, hell, I wouldn't even accept Vajra's advertisement on it. But this is not my forum and not my decision. However, I don't have to like what Vajrasattva is doing. I believe Vajrasattva is harmful for the people in the same way sugar is harmful. Sure, a little bit is OK, but if you eat only sugar, your arteries will get clogged and you'll die from a heart attack or you'll get type 2 diabetes. That's your Vajrasattva: all calories and no nutrient content.

So to list my beef with Vajra:

1. Sells that which he doesn't own.

2. Poses as an authority (this is required to sell crap like that).

3. Promotes Islam.

4. Has a "posse" of dittoheads infesting this forum. This wouldn't be a problem if Vajrasattva either wasn't here on the forum, or was here, but wasn't selling anything. But since he is here and he is selling here, it creates a conflict of interest when people, which superficially look like "independent" posters, are actually Vajrasattva dittoheads who protect their pimp daddy.)

So Vajra can keep doing what he's doing, but I am unlikely to like what he's doing. I don't think Vajra is going to change any of his behaviors, and I don't think I'll change my dim view of those behaviors either.

1. time and effort spent teaching? You already started an entire thread about how teachers don't deserve to feed their families, and if I'm not mistaken, were thoroughly defeated in that debate. Even if you consider some of the things vajrasattva says to be 'advertising' he's certainly not the only one. Just the other day I saw an entire thread started to inform TTB about a new dvd about daoist meditation the threads author was releasing soon. A while back I also saw a thread about a burning hand or flaming palm something-or-other qigong where the threads author was basically using the thread to advertise a dvd set he was releasing. I didn't see you attack either of those people. This is personal. Your publicly attacking someone just because you don't like them and finding reasons to justify your actions after the fact.

2. So do you. Whether you claim to be an authority or not, YOU ACT AND POSE AS ONE. When you tell someone you know they're wrong because of your own experience, you pose as an authority on that subject. Refusing to say what experience you have to back up those claims makes you look like a fraud.

3. You hate him because he's muslim!? YOUR A BIGOT.

I'm surprised you don't see the answer. Not everyone wants MCO or Kundalini.

For example, I know I can awaken Kundalini, but I do not. Why not? Because whatever you can do with Kundalini, I can do the same thing without. How? I use mind and intent, that's how. Since I have a better, more general purpose tool, I don't need a more specialized tool.

If you understand mind+intent, you are done. There is nothing more for you to learn and no spiritual power to acquire beyond that.

Hmm, you say mind+intent is enough which might be true but i'm not seeing this as a reason to "do it without" kundalini. So what is the deeper concept behind this? Just because I can get everywhere by crawling doesn't mean I should never learn to walk.

And the guy with Path Notes had a weak brand and wasn't all that popular (compared to say Dalai Lama or Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, or something like that). Dalai Lama is so popular that even ordinary non-spiritual people know who he is nowadays. On the other hand, who the heck knows about Glenn Morris? I've never heard of the guy until I came to tbums, and even then, I haven't heard of him for a very long time, until after Vajrasattva appeared and started promoting him here.

Yes, but MCO + silent mind + smiling is a rather well known practice. It might be not as effective as the one from Path notes but will probably also work with some extra time.(?)

few people also are willing to go through the "purge" that unravels karmically & also the fact that Kundalini can easily force you to see who you are and who you are not.

Few also are willing to accept certain truths that are revealed to you.

Also many are just simply lazy to Breath/Meditate/& Purify their emotions and take off the "Masks".

The key is just to increase the Flow of it through us. A lot of folks start to freak out as they begin to change, purge, re wire and what ends up happening they never go through it or they drop it or they go totally radical and say something like "that is evil", I saw the "devil". Etc.

Susan is right its not "Hard" its just we make it hard. Society has also made it hard.

Its not something "approved" or "accessible" hence why many think we have nothing and its Bullshit etc.

The ones in control do not want you to have "it".

Ok, sounds plausible.

Would be interesting to know how earth would be with everyone k active. :)

I highly recommend you go see "They Live" or the "Matrix" its something similar. They just seeing their own shit that needs to be purified and cleared out. And usually the ego is afraid of "DEATH" Kundalini Shakti simply eats it whole.

I knew Matrix already but "they live" was pretty interesting, thanks for the recommendation.

Hmm, you say mind+intent is enough which might be true but i'm not seeing this as a reason to "do it without" kundalini. So what is the deeper concept behind this? Just because I can get everywhere by crawling doesn't mean I should never learn to walk.

What you say is true. In this case using mind and intent in a direct manner is like teleporting straight to destination.

Using kundalini to get somewhere is kind of like exercising on a stationary bicycle. The exercise is good, but you're actually not going anywhere with it. You're just massaging your kundalini. That's all. It's not a waste of time, because this exercise does give you strong legs and lungs, and then when you do need to go somewhere, you can go there faster, but still nowhere as fast as if you know how to teleport. Also, kundalini experience makes good fodder for contemplative practice, so it's useful in that way too. So while I don't think kundalini is a waste, for me, it is not an attractive practice.

Once you liberate your mind from preconceptions about reality and once you contemplate intent for some time, you begin to realize that everything is just a distraction. Every practice is a distraction. Intent directly and spontaneously manifests. Always. Without exception. Intent is informed by and structured by beliefs and our perceived reality is also structured by beliefs. So then you might realize that beliefs are what clog the mind. Not thoughts. Beliefs. Once you remove the clogging beliefs, intent instantly manifests whatever is your bliss. So you're always in bliss, always in the best possible state. Alternatively you come to realize that all states are bliss, and that all states are nothing other than your truest and highest intent. This is what's called a "wish fulfilling jewel." Whatever you could possibly desire is manifested instantly as you desire it. That's the real power of intent. It's only our beliefs that hide this fact from us. Well you could say it's the beliefs and our investment or commitment to those beliefs, to give this an emotional dimension. So if beliefs are intellectual, and commitment is emotional, that describes two very important dimensions.

My emphasis is on wisdom. It doesn't seem like it at first, and it seems less magickal than kundalini, but wisdom practices give you more power and result in a more magickal life than any energy practice. And the cool thing is, you can still do energy practice if you want. But if you have some wisdom, you don't need to follow tradition on this because you understand the ground principles upon which energy operates, thus you're free to make your own energy practice that is tailor made to your situation at the moment. You don't have to attach yourself to the traditional conceptions, like chakras or meridians and so on.

In the beginning I was attracted to Kundalini too, because in the beginning I thought that contemplation was just mental masturbation and Kundalini was real magick. But I was a moron. I later realized that the real work lies in challenging all of my beliefs and assumptions and Kundalini is a masturbation for the most part. I remember how I was practicing seeing auras, when my friend said to me, "Are you sure you want to see auras? I know someone who sees auras and he hates it. He wants to get rid of it but doesn't know how." This blew my mind. It blew my mind because in the beginning I assumed that to be spiritual I had to see auras. To be enlightened, I had to learn to see auras. And I also thought that all the aura-seeing people felt truly blessed, happy and enlightened with that ability. But as I heard my friend, I realized...wait a second, you mean, I have a choice? I can choose to see them or choose not to? Not everyone who can see auras likes them or feels blessed or enlightened? Then I realized that the only reason I "wanted" to see auras was because of my preconception about what it means to be spiritual. As soon as I realized that, I was able to assess if I truly wanted to see auras, and the answer was "heck no." I wanted wisdom and not special effects (or at least, not auras). Breaking my preconception allowed me to access my true inner goal and avoid distraction. And if it were not for that one friend, I might be aura-seeing and crystal zapping New Ager now. :)

Edited by goldisheavy

:)

Horse's mouth? You must be referring to my confidence in my contemplation skill. Been at it all my life, more or less, nonstop, with a slight pause in my adolescence. But I refuse to say I am an authority. That would be counter to my vision. I do not accept authorities above myself in contemplation. And I recommend all others who care about the contents of their minds reject all authorities on contemplation and think for themselves.

You are the horses mouth but which horse? Also are you sure you are not the horses ass confused thinking its speaking but in reality its just farting?

I am a horse's mouth in that I don't need to look a stray horse in the mouth when it comes to contemplation. I got my own. And I also suggest that you be your own horse too.

As for Vajrasattva, it's going to take some kind of change for me to begin liking him. I started out pretty neutral-to-friendly with Vajrasattva. Then at one time, when I felt that someone complimented him in an absurd manner, I voiced my surprise. I didn't think Vajrasattva was bad at the time, I just didn't see anything special in Vajra, so I said so. Then Vajrasattva exploded all over the forum with his insane posts and crazy energy outbursts, just because I didn't agree that he was a shiny beacon of light. I wasn't even saying anything negative about Vajra at the time. But then after he exploded on that comment, I started paying more attention to Vajra and nowadays I don't like him.

Later I began to like him a lot less when I found he's a Muslim. I can't stand Islam.

Hmm a Bigot : ) Great you are truly an awakened Avatar : ).

Truth is bro I am a Taoist, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Shamanic, Naturalist & Universalist.

I find that i resonate very much with Sufism, Bonpo Shamanism, & Tantra the most. I have done them before

I am all religions and yet I am also beyond them all. I humbly pay respects to all religions. And I am also aware that they all truly share a beautiful and very real Common Thread. To not like someone cause of a religion means you have an issue that goes deeper than the issue of not liking that person. What ever you not like about me is cause something in you has the issue to begin with. Also the Anger you have is a "Liver chi", liver meridian & heart Chakra issue. But then again you do not believe in CHI nor Chakras. So i guess i can't help you....you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. In your case it would be hard to drink with your Horses "ASS" you think is the mouth.

I don't like religion in general, and I think Islam is the worst religion on the planet. It's the most destructive and ruinous religion on Earth. Then I found out Vajra has an entire posse on this forum, all his "customers." Then I also found out that there is a chance Vajra is donating to Islamic charities that support terrorism or that fund fundamentalist schools. Unless Vajrasattva comes clean as to which charities he donates to, so that we can check their validity, I am going to assume Vajra supports either terrorism or Islamic fundamentalism.

Haha you are truly an angry kid eh? Come clean? I have nothing to hide. Customers??? No i have friends and people i share a lot with.

I donate to islamicrelief.com cause they help many and they have a good track record. THey also help get money in to poor in War stricken areas & indonesia & Malaysia & India.

also I give to abandonded baby fund.

I certainly do not give $ to terrorists. Nor do I give to "FUNDAMENTALISM".

My only concern is to help humanity & Mother Earth.

I do not know why you HATE islam so much....

Again i asked you before have you ever met any actual descendant of Muhammad p.b.u.h.? Or any real Sufi? Did you ever actually get transmission from a real sufi? What do you really know of Muhammad or sufism?

These people are the most generous you will ever met & very high level spiritually.

When is the last time you spent time with a real Muslim? You will find they have more in common with love & Compassion than you can possibly comprehend or fathom.

wahabi & fundamentalism is not "Islam" nor a reflection of muhammad.

If you want to know real Islam go spend time with the real saints and the real sheiks in Sufi path.

You spreading anger & Hate for Islam is simply feeding more to the "fundamentalist & Wahabi" Bullshit.

You will find real Islam has buddhism, taoism, dzogchen, Shamanism etc with in it There are real common threads but your intellectual mind can't digest that info only the heart can.

All you have to do is be in the presence of a real Sufi to know this.

In a word, I don't like Vajrassatva and I am going to comment on it, pretty much as long as I am on this forum. I am not going to talk about it every day, hell no. I have better things to do. But when Vajra says something really stupid, and he invariably does that from time to time, I will take the opportunity to voice my displeasure.

haha do you get hard for me aswell?

You are a parasite energetically bro. Do you not have anything better to do? Do you realize your chi acts the same way as cancer does?

Oh i forgot you not believe in CHI.

Vajrasattva can keep peddling his stolen wares

what exactly did i Steal?

on this forum because this is not my forum. If this was my forum, I'd kick him off so fast, that time would slow down as Vajra approached the speed of light. If it was my forum, hell, I wouldn't even accept Vajra's advertisement on it. But this is not my forum and not my decision. However, I don't have to like what Vajrasattva is doing. I believe Vajrasattva is harmful for the people in the same way sugar is harmful. Sure, a little bit is OK, but if you eat only sugar, your arteries will get clogged and you'll die from a heart attack or you'll get type 2 diabetes. That's your Vajrasattva: all calories and no nutrient content.

Unless you spent real time with me and had experience with what I do or teach how would you exactly know?

so again answer my questions....

Its just a few simple questions....You should be able to answer them.

Again so what experience do you actually have with

1) Meditation

2) Chi Kung

3) Nei Kung

4) Yoga

5) Tantra

6) Shamanism

7) Health & Well being/ Healing

8) Kundalini

9) Taoism

10) Buddhism

11) any actual path of cultivation

??? Still waiting for a real answer.

So to list my beef with Vajra:

1. Sells that which he doesn't own.

My Time? How is that a crime? I spend time with my students.

Why is it not a crime for a college teacher to teach a class on philosophy but for me its a crime if I teach people ACTUAL methods to awaken energy & bring about wellness and open Kundalini & also improve energy etc.

How is that a crime?

2. Poses as an authority (this is required to sell crap like that).

I do not pose. I am not the end all of anything. However I do have my own experience to help others with.

3. Promotes Islam.

I promote all religions.

I promote the Light & the Source of all Things. Including the Source of YOU.

4. Has a "posse" of dittoheads infesting this forum. This wouldn't be a problem if Vajrasattva either wasn't here on the forum, or was here, but wasn't selling anything. But since he is here and he is selling here, it creates a conflict of interest when people, which superficially look like "independent" posters, are actually Vajrasattva dittoheads who protect their pimp daddy.)

Haha you really know these people eh? And have them totally defined?

Wow for someone who does not believe in God you certainly have a God Complex.

So Vajra can keep doing what he's doing, but I am unlikely to like what he's doing. I don't think Vajra is going to change any of his behaviors, and I don't think I'll change my dim view of those behaviors either.

1) Meditation

2) Chi Kung

3) Nei Kung

4) Yoga

5) Tantra

6) Shamanism

8) Kundalini

9) Taoism

10) Buddhism

Oh yea? Good. I am the same way too.

I refuse to answer certain questions in certain contexts. You don't have to like it, but if you call it mere "dodging" then you're just an idiot.

Tried cleaning out your ears?

1) Meditation

2) Chi Kung

3) Nei Kung

4) Yoga

5) Tantra

6) Shamanism

8) Kundalini

9) Taoism

10) Buddhism

What you say is true. In this case using mind and intent in a direct manner is like teleporting straight to destination.

Again what gives you the energy to do such a thing???

What is the source of this?

Yet you say Shakti not exist.

Yes Shakti is a label But it still is something that allows you to do what you do and allows you to be animated even though you do not believe in it.

Using kundalini to get somewhere is kind of like exercising on a stationary bicycle. The exercise is good, but you're actually not going anywhere with it. You're just massaging your kundalini. That's all. It's not a waste of time, because this exercise does give you strong legs and lungs, and then when you do need to go somewhere, you can go there faster, but still nowhere as fast as if you know how to teleport. Also, kundalini experience makes good fodder for contemplative practice, so it's useful in that way too. So while I don't think kundalini is a waste, for me, it is not an attractive practice.

How would you know what experience do you have with actual Kundalini?

What experience do you have at all with it to have a true ability to define it or to say what it is or isnt or that its waste of time?

Diferent paths suit different folks that is true and a good thing to value but you seem to think your "WAY" i the only way.

To teleport you are still using Shakti....

so how are you actually free from Shakti?

what do you really know about Shakti?

1) Meditation

2) Chi Kung

3) Nei Kung

4) Yoga

5) Tantra

6) Shamanism

8) Kundalini

9) Taoism

10) Buddhism

Once you liberate your mind from preconceptions about reality and once you contemplate intent for some time, you begin to realize that everything is just a distraction. Every practice is a distraction.

No some things are there for you to be able to function on this plane or reality. Some things are needed to maintain the physical body.

Some practices are there to get the most out of this "reality" and also to at the same time be in total harmony with the true self.

You need to have "MIND /BODY & SPIRIT"

not just one but all three activated and developed.

CHI JING SHEN

also greatly correlates.

Intent directly and spontaneously manifests. Always. Without exception. Intent is informed by and structured by beliefs and our perceived reality is also structured by beliefs. So then you might realize that beliefs are what clog the mind. Not thoughts. Beliefs. Once you remove the clogging beliefs, intent instantly manifests whatever is your bliss. So you're always in bliss, always in the best possible state. Alternatively you come to realize that all states are bliss, and that all states are nothing other than your truest and highest intent. This is what's called a "wish fulfilling jewel." Whatever you could possibly desire is manifested instantly as you desire it. That's the real power of intent. It's only our beliefs that hide this fact from us. Well you could say it's the beliefs and our investment or commitment to those beliefs, to give this an emotional dimension. So if beliefs are intellectual, and commitment is emotional, that describes two very important dimensions.

Intent = Yi

Yes its good and all things can be worked through intent

Intent is also a form of manifesting Yang energy

letting go of intent and allowing the CHI to do is allowing shakti or the Yin to manifest.

you have knowlegde but you lack "wsidom" your wine has not yet gone from grape juice to Vino.

but it will come when you are older you will have a better mindset.

Especially as age sets in you will find that a lot of what I do is needed to help you maintain this vehicle and to prepare the next vehicle so you choose to have one in the next "Movie".

Otherwise you can just merge with the infinite source.

Oh I forgot you don't believe in the infinite source nor energy....that might be tough...

My emphasis is on wisdom. It doesn't seem like it at first, and it seems less magickal than kundalini, but wisdom practices give you more power and result in a more magickal life than any energy practice. And the cool thing is, you can still do energy practice if you want. But if you have some wisdom, you don't need to follow tradition on this because you understand the ground principles upon which energy operates, thus you're free to make your own energy practice that is tailor made to your situation at the moment. You don't have to attach yourself to the traditional conceptions, like chakras or meridians and so on.

that would explain why you have anger issue ?

Anyhow yes at a higher level you just flow and be with what nature flows naturally through you.

as glenn said once you are the whale's vein and the whale is the Universal source.

that is old shaman "view".

"Hollow Bone" is similar.

In the beginning I was attracted to Kundalini too, because in the beginning I thought that contemplation was just mental masturbation and Kundalini was real magick. But I was a moron. I later realized that the real work lies in challenging all of my beliefs and assumptions and Kundalini is a masturbation for the most part.

How would you know what Kundalini is????

What experience do you have with it?

I remember how I was practicing seeing auras, when my friend said to me, "Are you sure you want to see auras? I know someone who sees auras and he hates it. He wants to get rid of it but doesn't know how." This blew my mind. It blew my mind because in the beginning I assumed that to be spiritual I had to see auras. To be enlightened, I had to learn to see auras. And I also thought that all the aura-seeing people felt truly blessed, happy and enlightened with that ability. But as I heard my friend, I realized...wait a second, you mean, I have a choice? I can choose to see them or choose not to? Not everyone who can see auras likes them or feels blessed or enlightened? Then I realized that the only reason I "wanted" to see auras was because of my preconception about what it means to be spiritual. As soon as I realized that, I was able to assess if I truly wanted to see auras, and the answer was "heck no." I wanted wisdom and not special effects (or at least, not auras). Breaking my preconception allowed me to access my true inner goal and avoid distraction. And if it were not for that one friend, I might be aura-seeing and crystal zapping New Ager now. :)

yes there is merit in what you are saying... now for some it develops on its own and it has a value in the fact that it can be used to help others.

Viewing auras helped me help a woman that had undetected cancer in spleen.

Dr said it was elsewhere I saw it in spleen...2 weeks later dr. said oops we fucked up its in your spleen....

it was not an ego thing it was just me helping her out cause she was my mom's friend.

I agree some times you DONT want to see all the time. for years i shut it off.

I have gotten better at turning it off when i want to. now a days i just let the higherself turn it on when it wants me to see something that may be of benifit for the greater "ALL" etc.

Yes i know people very spiritual yet they see nothing.

I know people who not spiritual yet they see a lot but they also smoke a lot of weed or get high or drink a lot.

I also know healers that see a lot and are spiritual.

Do not be so quick to "define" what is and what is not spiritual. The universe grants gifts to folks for certain reasons an in most cases that are beyond what we imagine.

I have friends that have tremendous amounts if Chi but they not see anything but together combine skills etc to help others.

what is your true inner goal?

what is your true purpose? do you really know yet at 25

?

or what ever age you are GIH?

You seem a bit to young to know.

I know I follow my heart in what I do regardless of what you think I am doing or if its a fraud. I do know many folks have benifited.

You will find that when you really help people with energy and their well being and not just mentally masterbate your real purpose begins to be revealed to you.

Follow your heart bro and not your "horse's ass".

Peace & Best wishes to you.

Love

Santiago D

Hey Santiago tell me about this 'infinite Source' you mentioned.. please.

I would love to hear a discourse based on your vast experience in hooking up with this I.S.

I am sure others would be keen too, and since you have such a big heart, i believe you will

not have a problem with this sincere request.

Thank you very much.

P.S. Since when is Malaysia 'war stricken' btw? :blink:

Edited by CowTao

P.S. Since when is Malaysia 'war stricken' btw? :blink:

My reasons to give to India, malaysia & Indonesia is one that is very simple yes it is not war stricken. I give back to the lands that have provided me with a tremendous amount of knowledge. If you do not know what "Giri" is i suggest you research it.

The war areas that i give to are in the middle east & in Africa.

Islamicrelief.com does a good job at allowing us to give to areas in the world that need it.

Go after them if you think they support Terrorism. They only terrorism they deal with and do not have the fault in is "Hunger, lack of Shelter, and lack of Humanity".

They are a very ligit charity.

Edited by Vajrasattva

Being a Buddhist and Muslim must be a little confusing I would have thought ... for instance how does one apply dependent origination to Allah ... 'there is no god but god but god only arises dependent on a chain of causality with no underlying substance or reality ...'

This thread is great - I'll sing that from a minaret.

At the moment I am on GiH's side in the sense that I don't see that he has to declare his experience of a long list of terms. Say for instance someone had never encountered the word kundalini or done any training which had that in the title? So what? All the better - you might say - lets see what he has to say, it might be different and new and interesting.

I am with the KAPers in that I don't see why they shouldn't talk about their stuff on here - but I have noticed a difficulty with criticism which they should work on - just because you think you have shakti power shining from your eye sockets doesn't mean everyone has to suspend judgement does it?

Generally speaking - nothing wrong with learning techniques (like Qi Gong forms) but that's all they are - the Way is not a technique ... if it was we would all be enlightened masters by now. Techniques can be helpful but they can also blind you.

No real teacher asks you for anything much (although you might end up feeling you owe them everything) - no real teacher uses 'authority' to teach.

Fallacy of authority

Edited by apepch7

Ah, this is good discussion. Jed Mckenna says the same thing, I suppose it depends on a few things. Like your goals. Spiritual Autolysis is just a fancy name for contemplation, and writing out your thoughts to pull out all the BS until your mind is free like you described above. In that guys experience, he found that his "oneness" experience and other spiritual experiences meant nothing, because his goal wasn't to play with the energy aspect. But he did have experience in it.

Working things out that way can be painful. I started it and decided that I should either stop or quit my job because I was freaking people out at work, they just had to look at my face, I must have looked the way I felt as I stripped my beliefs and BS away at top speed.

Well anyway, on the flip side of the coin I have EXPERIENXED how someone with a working knowlege of subtle bodies can remove junk from said bodies, meridians and (yes I know you hate this) chakras.

These things, to me seem to be intrinsicly related and part of one another. But I suppose that is completely moot, as you don't validate the existance of the above.

Anyway, the power your mind has might seem outstanding to some, but flaws are readily apparent in the manner which you approach the subject of kundalini or energies. Qi/chi/prana what have you. By discreduiting these ideas you also discredit the many other intelligent personnel that post on this forum. At the least I had thought you would be more tact.

But again, this is about the conversation, exchange of ideas and learning with each other - IMO I think that you GIH would benefit from working with someone who is heavily into a practice, so you can at least ask questions and receive feedback in real-time. Anyway, is it that you don't believe in energy, but believe in auras? It wouldn't make sense for you to assume the existance of one but not the other, again - IMO.

Anyway, I don't mind you discounting my experiences and theories, I'm not trying to convert anyone, but I would love to see what you think about energy work, and chi kung, whatever, after spending some time with anyone who honestly practices such a thing often. I look forward to more non biggoted posts from you in the future!

BTW, was the guy who just posted an assumed name or did he just get lucky and ask a question in such a perfect way as to allow you to share "above" wisdom with us?

My reasons to give to India, malaysia & Indonesia is one that is very simple yes it is not war stricken. I give back to the lands that have provided me with a tremendous amount of knowledge. If you do not know what "Giri" is i suggest you research it.

The war areas that i give to are in the middle east & in Africa.

Islamicrelief.com does a good job at allowing us to give to areas in the world that need it.

Go after them if you think they support Terrorism. They only terrorism they deal with and do not have the fault in is "Hunger, lack of Shelter, and lack of Humanity".

They are a very ligit charity.

You did not even comprehend my post, did you, Santi? Too much Shakti maybe? Awfully defensive, btw.

And i humbly suggest you read and answer in context, please. A simple request.

Being a Buddhist and Muslim must be a little confusing I would have thought ... for instance how does one apply dependent origination to Allah ... 'there is no god but god but god only arises dependent on a chain of causality with no underlying substance or reality ...'

This thread is great - I'll sing that from a minaret.

At the moment I am on GiH's side in the sense that I don't see that he has to declare his experience of a long list of terms. Say for instance someone had never encountered the word kundalini or done any training which had that in the title? So what? All the better - you might say - lets see what he has to say, it might be different and new and interesting.

I am with the KAPers in that I don't see why they shouldn't talk about their stuff on here - but I have noticed a difficulty with criticism which they should work on - just because you think you have shakti power shining from your eye sockets doesn't mean everyone has to suspend judgement does it?

Generally speaking - nothing wrong with learning techniques (like Qi Gong forms) but that's all they are - the Way is not a technique ... if it was we would all be enlightened masters by now. Techniques can be helpful but they can also blind you.

No real teacher asks you for anything much (although you might end up feeling you owe them everything) - no real teacher uses 'authority' to teach.

Fallacy of authority

the technique is just a guide till you no longer need technique.

You did not even comprehend my post, did you, Santi? Too much Shakti maybe? Awfully defensive, btw.

And i humbly suggest you read and answer in context, please. A simple request.

I am not defensive at all. I guess your Shakti or CHI sensing skills aren't on yet this morning. I am currently busy But I will answer you when I have the time to discuss at length.

the technique is just a guide till you no longer need technique.

I am not defensive at all. I guess your Shakti or CHI sensing skills aren't on yet this morning. I am currently busy But I will answer you when I have the time to discuss at length.

When you find the time to answer, maybe you could also mention what happens when a person no longer need technique, which btw sounds a lot like what GiH ascribes to in some of his assertions. That's really cool eh?

Its half 3 in the afternoon where i am. Wide awake. Have been for almost 11 hours. ;) No, actually i have been awake for almost 50 years, and then some. Always present. Never left. Not yet anyway.

Despite having been a ttb member for almost two years, I had no idea who 'Vajrasattva' was until this past October, when I started reading one of the threads he posted on. I have no doubt he is a genuine energy master. As a taobum member online, he seems to be a somewhat mixed bag. I looked back at his earlier posts in his time here, and he seemed much more gracious. In recent posts he often comes across as kind of a 'dick'... somewhat belligerent, frequently TYPING IN CAPITALS, lots of careless typos and mistakes, and then he signs off with a 'peace and blessings' kind of message that is often incongruent with the defiant tone of his posts.

I also think that there is some truth to the assertion that he is here 'drumming up business'. Take the 'KAP Sucks' thread that he started in October. The subtext: "hey, guys, people say that KAP sucks, that's right, huh, everybody wink wink nudge nudge..really sucks, huh?". The effect was to put KAP once again in the foreground for prospective participants. I think he would better serve KAP by maintaining a lower profile here, letting others sing his praises or condemn him while he silently does his good works in Florida.

I can't tell... He has his backers and detractors. He's a lighting rod of sorts, that's for sure. He's not that likable to me, maybe to others. Perhaps he's different in person. The things that impress me most? That he is reported to be happy all the time, that more that the martial skills or the 'shaktipat'. And that he is in alliance with Susan Carlson, who seems to embody a wisdom, gentleness and grace that contrasts sharply with his own. Just my impressions, I don't know the guy, but am reporting a general impression that I've formed in a brief time. But if he's so happy (smiling all the time does not mean someone is happy), why the truculence and defensiveness? If he's got what he claims to be, he should just relax and time will prove him out.

Despite having been a ttb member for almost two years, I had no idea who 'Vajrasattva' was until this past October, when I started reading one of the threads he posted on. I have no doubt he is a genuine energy master. As a taobum member online, he seems to be a somewhat mixed bag. I looked back at his earlier posts in his time here, and he seemed much more gracious. In recent posts he often comes across as kind of a 'dick'... somewhat belligerent, frequently TYPING IN CAPITALS, lots of careless typos and mistakes, and then he signs off with a 'peace and blessings' kind of message that is often incongruent with the defiant tone of his posts.

I also think that there is some truth to the assertion that he is here 'drumming up business'. Take the 'KAP Sucks' thread that he started in October. The subtext: "hey, guys, people say that KAP sucks, that's right, huh, everybody wink wink nudge nudge..really sucks, huh?". The effect was to put KAP once again in the foreground for prospective participants. I think he would better serve KAP by maintaining a lower profile here, letting others sing his praises or condemn him while he silently does his good works in Florida.

I can't tell... He has his backers and detractors. He's a lighting rod of sorts, that's for sure. He's not that likable to me, maybe to others. Perhaps he's different in person. The things that impress me most? That he is reported to be happy all the time, that more that the martial skills or the 'shaktipat'. And that he is in alliance with Susan Carlson, who seems to embody a wisdom, gentleness and grace that contrasts sharply with his own. Just my impressions, I don't know the guy, but am reporting a general impression that I've formed in a brief time. But if he's so happy (smiling all the time does not mean someone is happy), why the truculence and defensiveness? If he's got what he claims to be, he should just relax and time will prove him out.

I share these observations as well.

For a person who embraces the 'inner smile', the least one could expect is a more 'chilled out' presence?

I have met many teachers from all kinds of different traditions, and the more authentic ones are always

so cool, and humble too. They never have to resort to defending themselves. And boy do they KNOW how

to absorb criticisms. The more powerful they are, the more criticisms fly their way, and they are never

fazed by any of it. That i think is one of the main hallmarks of a true teacher.

I share these observations as well.

For a person who embraces the 'inner smile', the least one could expect is a more 'chilled out' presence?

I have met many teachers from all kinds of different traditions, and the more authentic ones are always

so cool, and humble too. They never have to resort to defending themselves. And boy do they KNOW how

to absorb criticisms. The more powerful they are, the more criticisms fly their way, and they are never

fazed by any of it. That i think is one of the main hallmarks of a true teacher.

Vajrasattva is very "chilled out" in person. It's difficult to judge people from posts. He is also a martial artist, so some may find him a bit too...yang...

But pride and confidence are often easily mixed.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

I don't want to meddle into anything here and I do understand your position GIH better than it may be apparent from this message.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I can tell you that Santiago has been of great help to me. And he didn't ask for ANYTHING in return.

He is right GIH. And despite the fact that I never met him in person, I consider Santiago a friend. Why? Because he EARNED my trust and friendship through his generosity, unselfish help and above all honourable conduct.

But as said, you are completely entitled to your opinion based on your perception of reality.

Peace to everyone.

An

I've got to say ditto. Its nice to have experienced teachers on the site sharing. Its great to see people taking classes and writing about there experiences in them, which you see with Kap.

People from a martial arts background may be less forgiving then those from a purely healing or religious background. I believe GIH has called Varj a fraud, ape and insulted his religion on numerous occasions. It shows his wisdom to do it 100's of miles away and anonymously, since I doubt he'd do it to the man's face.

There are many good posts where people strongly disagree with each other and good productive writings come from them, sometimes consensus othertimes at least a clear understanding of positions. When GIH takes part in a discussion they tends to be hallmarked by insults and nastiness.

my 2 cents

Michael

It appears to check out Vajra. It's the largest Islamic charity in UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_relief_worldwide

Here's the USA branch review:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?...&orgid=3908

Considering that it's the largest Islamic charity in UK, I think it has to be pretty well scrutinized, so I doubt there is anything shady going on with it.

FYI, here's a list of charities with alleged links to terrorism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chari...es_to_terrorism

Thank you Vajra.

Just a couple of things before I start making rounds at the hospital. :)

I have been members of internet forums since the mid 90s. It is really hard to get a handle on people about who they are from email exchanges. It is notoriously one dimensional. It took me a long time to not take things personally because of this. I was in quite a few flame wars in the early days.

I will say that Santi writes in caps ALOT...even in his personal emails to his friends. It's part of that exuberance and self confidence that people who are of the fire element have. He also writes in CAPS when he is teaching on skype. I do too or it's a little bit hard to distinguish what you are teaching from student conversation. And when sometimes you have 50 people in a chat room it is necessary to stand out. Like me he does make typos and grammar mistakes. We both type really fast but the brain runs far ahead of the fingers and the kundalini makes us process info differently.

People have several types of smiles for sure. There is definately the one that's all the time that I call the "permagrin". I see that a lot in my work with patients and staff. False cheerfulness for politeness sake, smiling through pain and apathy. That's not Santi. He genuinely is happy.

Santi is a good teacher. People can be nice and unoffended and unaffected by their surrounding and not be a good teacher. His knowledge about what he speaks is encyclopedic. I suppose he could trot that out but then people would probably accuse him of being a know-it-all pendantic. :P

I know a teacher, Master Jin Fa, a shaolin grandmaster, in Vancouver, BC. He is a 70+ year old Mr. Personality Plus with a huge smile all the time. We call him the James Brown of chi gong because he is so flamboyant and dramatic. It's fun cause he can only speak baby talk english. He really needs a cape and cane. He is also one of the biggest Chi Beasts and terrific healers I have ever met.

He also is a very compassionate, traditional Buddhist. We were at the 9/11 site in NYC. He sat down with his prayer beads and prayed for the dead right next to the fence around the hole in the ground. As he prayed it was like the earth opened up and released the souls of the dead. The hole filled with a brilliant light rushing towards the heavens. Gave me goose bumps at 10 AM in the morning.

Jin does not take criticism well. He is more of the "fuck it" response and will show off to prove his point.

Interestingly enough...Santi is far more compassionate and kind with students than I am. Students know I am more of the no BS kind of teacher. Here it is...get with program...no excuses. Santi is more gentle and will work with someone forever giving them unbelieveable amounts of uncompensated time and attention.

I think it is ironic that for me, who has been teaching about kundalini and chi and all the esoteric stuff for so many years to hear someone say "there is no such thing as chi/kundalini/energy anatomy, etc." it is like hearing someone declare the world is flat. It's like saying, to me, "I don't believe in gravity," and then live your life like gravity does not exist. Five thousand years of empirical chinese traditonal medicine is wrong?

Any type of higher sense perception...like reading auras or clairaudence or such other psychic abilities...is no guarantee of higher level of spiritual awareness. If that was true we would all be worshiping in the church of online psychics. What it does mean is that a normal ability has been uncovered and enhanced for personal benefit. The third eye is part of our energetic anatomy. Why not use it?

Do not equate talent with character. Charles Barkley, the basketball player and world class athelete said, " I am no role model." Talent/ability, like higher sense perception, has no bearing on character or ethics. Look at Tiger Woods for the most current example. Those who think energy talents/abilities are a sign of spirtual character are confused.

Part of the Secret Smile is joy, ecstaty and orgasmic feeling as well as calmness. We express where we most naturally lean.

There is a big age gap of about 18 years between me and Santi. I have worked with and taught with a lot of older masters of energy, meditation, martial arts, etc. over the years, Santi is the real deal. For example, I taught a few seminars with Master Jin Fa. Santi brings a lot to the table in spite of his age. He may come across a little less refined on an email board but the masters I have worked with would consider spending time on this forum a waste of time and a lot of bullshit.

I think the best advertisement for a teacher is their students. Unfortunately, those of our students who are also on bums, probably won't post here. Once kundalini development starts the student becomes hypersensitive to energy and it can be physically painful to read emails here, particularly the hostile ones. It, and I speak from personal experience, can feel like you are being punched in the gut. It takes time to develop a practice of energetic hygiene and to strengthen the wei chi field to handle these kinds of energetic invasions and assaults.

The other reason is probably because they know that defending their teacher will fall on deaf ears. People will automatically think the student is not capable of independent thought if they say something nice as if a person is capable of independent thought who says something nasty. It's a waste of energy because people who hate or dislike Santi for whatever reason are not open to reason.

Here is video of Master Jin demonstrating the mudras for the Nine Esoteric Seals. You will also see him do chi transmission to his students which causes them to do spontaneous chi gung.

Off to make rounds...s

Vajra, our forum software is somewhat broken, so there is a chance I am not answering something unintentionally (as opposed to those times when I refuse to answer intentionally).

:)

You are the horses mouth but which horse? Also are you sure you are not the horses ass confused thinking its speaking but in reality its just farting?

Doubt is always good. I am sure, by the way. And the reason I am sure is precisely because I doubt what I do every 10 minutes. I keep an eye on myself.

Hmm a Bigot : ) Great you are truly an awakened Avatar : ).

Ha, you can call me a bigot, but I am not one. A bigot is someone who dislikes something for superficial reasons. I don't like the doctrine of Islam. I think the doctrine of Islam is too harsh, is not conducive to spiritual growth (actually I think Islamic doctrine destroys any chance of spiritual growth), Islam sticks its nose into areas that are unrelated to spirituality, such as government, and I consider Mohammed, the leader of Islam to be a very bad role model for the modern world. In the modern world Mohammed would be a pedophile, a sex offender on a sex list, and in jail.

Tell me how many religious leaders have done all this:

- Stoned those they don't agree with.

- Conquered countries.

- Supervised unmitigated slaughter of people

- Kept slaves and were neutral to slave-keeping (as in, didn't oppose it)

- Allowed men to rape the prisoners (well, "take them as wives, ahem, ahem").

- Fucked a 9 year old girl.

That's quite a list. How many religions can claim this?

Jesus: stopped stoning from happening.

Mohammed: happily stoned many people.

Jesus: love thy enemy

Mohammed: fuck your enemy hard

Buddha: left monarchy and had no slaves

Mohammed: was a monarch and kept slaves

Buddha: homeless

Mohammed: warlord

Chuang Tzu: government official

Lao Tzu: librarian

Jesus: carpenter

Mohammed: warlord

Buddha: quit being a prince, became a wondering ascetic, later monk

Nice eh?

As you can see Islam stands out on many ways. In bad ways. And Islamic doctrine of Jihad has inner and outer aspects. The inner aspect is the battle with oneself, self-annihilation in God, Fanaa. But there is also an outer aspect. The outer aspect of Jihad is to convert all people to Islam, and if they refuse, to kill them all.

Jihad, both inner and outer aspects of it, are violent. On the inner level Jihad is spiritual violence. On the outer level it is physical violence.

Truth is bro I am a Taoist, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Shamanic, Naturalist & Universalist.

And I am just myself, sans labels. I like it better that way.

I find that i resonate very much with Sufism, Bonpo Shamanism, & Tantra the most. I have done them before

I can respect that. Just be aware that while Sufism has a decent wisdom component to it, Islam is a very bad burden that Sufism is burdened by. Sufism is both a blessing and a curse. Sufism is a blessing because it makes Muslims better than they would be otherwise. Sufism is a curse because it is a vehicle for converting people into Islam, which is bad for the reasons I outlined above.

Ain't nothing wrong with Santi telling it like it is and then wishing somebody well. Also, maybe the typos indicate that it isn't a "canned" response.

I think it is ironic that for me, who has been teaching about kundalini and chi and all the esoteric stuff for so many years to hear someone say "there is no such thing as chi/kundalini/energy anatomy, etc." it is like hearing someone declare the world is flat. It's like saying, to me, "I don't believe in gravity," and then live your life like gravity does not exist. Five thousand years of empirical chinese traditonal medicine is wrong?

GIH is apparently against meditation, the foundation of all spiritual growth paths, and all organizations that are against meditation are of the most fundamentalist nature, and by fundamentalist I mean the destructive, negative aspect of fundamentalism. He's really just a mental jerk off with a high IQ. He states he is FOR wisdom, but one who is wise would work on his health in order to feel better rather than on trying to be wise.

I wasn't too thrilled to see Santi uttering Islamic fundamentalist epithets like 'peace be upon him' either. Taoist teachers are so rare ... on this forum.