Here's from a recent post on my blog:

It's exactly as Master Nan states in his book "Tao & Longevity": "Those who employ Buddhist meditation methods generally suppose mental cultivation is sufficient. As a consequence, physical transformations and bodily changes are ignored. [...] Taoists therefore criticize Buddhist methods as showing only 'the cultivation of their nature,' and not 'the cultivation of life.'"

I personally prefer Master Nan's view on this issue which is: "Some people fear that crossing the legs in meditaion not only constitutes a hazard to health, but that the pressing of the blood vessels of the legs may lead to a serious illness such as phlebitis, etc. Therefore, a disagreeable tingling or numbness in the legs during meditation causes some people to become apprehensive. This is a misunderstanding. Actually, one's health has an important relationship with one's legs and feet."

Then he posted these excerpts from Master Nan, Huai-chin on the cultivation of qi into shen:

http://www.webofmimicry.com/wom2/index.php?topic=16710.0

Very few actually reach this stage of transforming ch'i into shen. Master Nan, Huai-chin

Santiago, I get it that you have a bunch of novices who treat you like a God or an immortal and that seems to be going to your head. Not sure if you spent any time cultivating virtue, if you did, it is not evident in the least bit in anything you write or how you conduct yourself here. Watch your waggling tongue before you dismiss respected teachers as nobody's and "mental". You claim Nan as "some" juice as though you know him in and out and can pass judgments on the fly. Why should one believe that some random Sufi names you throw around and the nameless lamas you boast have had juice or water or urine or whatever?

Watch what you speak and how you speak. Stick to your kindergarten that you call KAP or TAP and stop throwing shit at respected masters. It would do you a lot of good to stop fixating on chi sensations and cultivate stillness - that may bring in some humility and virtue in you. And stick to KAP shit that you know and don't crap over everything and anything.

Have you noticed how repetitive you are? You never have specific answers to any criticism other than shit throwing or throwing names of Glenn and Tom and Dick and Harry! Gelnn was not God, he just died like everyone else and so will you and me. So stop acting like you are going to last forever, show some consideration to people who are really really bored with your repeated shakti-claims and earn some respect rather than demanding it on the basis of who you've trained with. Your conduct here mirrors your attainment and Susan kissing your ass is no certificate.

Drew my friend, you are not helping anyone by quoting a real master such as Nan here as people here don't want to see beyond Santiago. It is a disgrace to Master Nan to even mention him on this thread which is just a publicity gig for Santiago. And the more people write here, more of Santiago's tribe are going to be invited here to come and tell us what a God Santiago is and rant endlessly on KAP. So if there are others who are as irritated as myself about Santiago and his "extremely humility" here, just don't respond and ignore.

Edited by drewhempel

It's exactly as Master Nan states in his book "Tao & Longevity": "Those who employ Buddhist meditation methods generally suppose mental cultivation is sufficient. As a consequence, physical transformations and bodily changes are ignored. [...] Taoists therefore criticize Buddhist methods as showing only 'the cultivation of their nature,' and not 'the cultivation of life.'"

I personally prefer Master Nan's view on this issue which is: "Some people fear that crossing the legs in meditaion not only constitutes a hazard to health, but that the pressing of the blood vessels of the legs may lead to a serious illness such as phlebitis, etc. Therefore, a disagreeable tingling or numbness in the legs during meditation causes some people to become apprehensive. This is a misunderstanding. Actually, one's health has an important relationship with one's legs and feet."

Then he posted these excerpts from Master Nan, Huai-chin on the cultivation of qi into shen:

Very few actually reach this stage of transforming ch'i into shen. Master Nan, Huai-chin

He puts too much emphasis on "sitting" when there is sitting, standing, walking, and lying down...

as per Shakyamuni's discourses, as per the Theravada Canons. Shakyamuni may have been the MOST

successful teacher of all time since he helped, at least, 500 people attain arhatship and produced doctrine

that produced even more.

Also, Bodri puts emphasis on merit but seems that isn't putting enough emphasis on stuff like being happy, love, and compassion. The good feelings build off of the TCM and the Five Elements Theory, since certain specific bad feelings get stored in the organs. He could have connected Traditional Chinese medicine to the

10 fetters in Buddhism.

Again we have to be careful pronouncing as if this is good for all peoples. People get blood clots in their legs from sitting for long periods without stretching on planes and in their cars. Blood clots are PAINFUL.

I know they do because I have had many patients who get blood clots from those things and crossing their legs. It is not a one size fits all practice. I have seen healthy young men get blood clots in their legs too.

One's health does have an important correlation to one's legs and feet. For example, the knees are reservoirs for chi. Massaging behind the knees can loosen up stagnant chi.

I think it is best to err on the side of conservative practice. Why? Because blood clots in the legs are very dangerous. A piece could break off and travel to the heart causing a heart attack, or break off and travel to the lung causing lung tissue to die or travel to the brain and cause a stroke.

This is why a standard of treatment for recurrent phlebitis in the legs is to put in an IVC filter (Interior vena cava). It's a little mesh basket that catches clots inside the huge vena cava so they don't travel further up into the body and lodge in the organs causing tissue death.

This happens All the time to people.

So it is important to be moderate and not to push through the pain. The pain may be trying to tell you something. Numbness and tingling are a sign that blood supply is being cut off to the affected part. So be prudent in your practice and just don't ignore common sense.

If one must try to sit cross legged, try the butterfly pose for a while first. It is OK to use the throne position which is old Egyptian practice. They had chairs in Egypt and weren't sitting on the floor a lot like you see in Asian practices. Move into practices gradually. It's like working out. You don't run a 3 minute mile the first time out of the gate. One has to be conditioned and trained to do so.

I am not speaking out against full lotus. Do whatever you want but be safe about it.

Drew my friend, you are not helping anyone by quoting a real master such as Nan here as people here don't want to see beyond Santiago. It is a disgrace to Master Nan to even mention him on this thread which is just a publicity gig for Santiago. And the more people write here, more of Santiago's tribe are going to be invited here to come and tell us what a God Santiago is and rant endlessly on KAP. So if there are others who are as irritated as myself about Santiago and his "extremely humility" here, just don't respond and ignore.

Projecting much? We only hate in others what we hate within ourselves. Maybe that's what Santi is doing but are you any different?

Of Santi's students who are members on this board tell me they stay away from Bums because the energetic vibes make them ill. Too bad for all of us because they are a goodly portion of professional people, engineers, psychotherapists, grad students and such.

Santi can defend himself if he wishes but I don't think he needs to justify himself to anyone. I hope you have friends that will back you up when you are attacked.

just my thoughts

Yeah, Blazingfire, as far as I know, from having read about it, KAP is comprised in part by things Santi learned from other traditions--the fact that it is called KAP doesn't mean it is just 1 practice that came from 1 teacher.

I think it is best to err on the side of conservative practice. Why? Because blood clots in the legs are very dangerous. A piece could break off and travel to the heart causing a heart attack, or break off and travel to the lung causing lung tissue to die or travel to the brain and cause a stroke.

This is why a standard of treatment for recurrent phlebitis in the legs is to put in an IVC filter (Interior vena cava). It's a little mesh basket that catches clots inside the huge vena cava so they don't travel further up into the body and lodge in the organs causing tissue death.

This happens All the time to people.

Incorrect. Blood clots in the legs do not travel to the heart and cause heart attacks, nor do they travel to the brain and cause a stroke. They can go from the legs to the lungs via venous return and cause pulmonary embolism (in which case the IVC filter protects the lungs from this potentially lethal occurrence). Emboli to the heart and brain do not originate in the legs, and an IVC filter will not protect these organs.

Good advice in the rest of the post, though. :)

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Incorrect. Blood clots in the legs do not travel to the heart and cause heart attacks, nor do they travel to the brain and cause a stroke. They can go from the legs to the lungs via venous return and cause pulmonary embolism (in which case the IVC filter protects the lungs from this potentially lethal occurrence). Emboli to the heart and brain do not originate in the legs, and an IVC filter will not protect these organs.

thanx...it's been awhile... :blink: since i have been in the icu

Santiago, I get it that you have a bunch of novices who treat you like a God or an immortal and that seems to be going to your head. Not sure if you spent any time cultivating virtue, if you did, it is not evident in the least bit in anything you write or how you conduct yourself here. Watch your waggling tongue before you dismiss respected teachers as nobody's and "mental". You claim Nan as "some" juice as though you know him in and out and can pass judgments on the fly. Why should one believe that some random Sufi names you throw around and the nameless lamas you boast have had juice or water or urine or whatever?

Watch what you speak and how you speak. Stick to your kindergarten that you call KAP or TAP and stop throwing shit at respected masters. It would do you a lot of good to stop fixating on chi sensations and cultivate stillness - that may bring in some humility and virtue in you. And stick to KAP shit that you know and don't crap over everything and anything.

Have you noticed how repetitive you are? You never have specific answers to any criticism other than shit throwing or throwing names of Glenn and Tom and Dick and Harry! Gelnn was not God, he just died like everyone else and so will you and me. So stop acting like you are going to last forever, show some consideration to people who are really really bored with your repeated shakti-claims and earn some respect rather than demanding it on the basis of who you've trained with. Your conduct here mirrors your attainment and Susan kissing your ass is no certificate.

Please by All means "SEE & GO WAY BEYOND" Santiago Dobles. By all means. I hope all my students and friends go beyond me.

It is a disgrace to my teachers the way you speak of them. Where is your Virtue? You realize my root Guru is also yours & Nan's Guru?

I am not God I do not teach my students to see me as God.

Don't put words in my mouth or theirs. Who are you to Judge?

Best wishes & may you find peace in your Teacher"Nan" God Bless him. He to is "Mortal" like My teachers and myself.

And one day he as well as myself and yourself will meet with the one and only true Guru and we will have tea together. And then we can converse about virtue all you want.

I may be a bit rusty here, but..

If a clot in the leg(s) broke free and caused a pulmonary embolism, 2 things could result-physiologically.

First, depending on how large the clot, the degree of ischemia, and resultant infarction, a heart attack (a Myocardial Infarction, or 'M.I.' as most doctors and nurses call it) could result. More simply, a clot in the lungs could cause a heart attack due to lack of oxygen to the heart.

I believe the progression is often to V-fib to asystole. (?)

Secondly, the area of infarction in the lungs could cause a shower of clots, one of which could travel in through the left atrium, in and out of the left ventricle, and find its way into a coronary artery. This would also cause a heart attack.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that IVC's don't catch all clots, (some too small) and either way, a tiny tiny clot could wreak havoc on the brain.

Cool fact-The brain consumes 20% of the bodies oxygen.

Anyhow, I'm still a student, and haven't reviewed all this in a little while, so forgive me if I got something wrong.

Pics of heart vessels;

http://webanatomy.net/anatomy/coronary_circ.jpg

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/disord...d_arteries.aspx

Don't wish to hijack this thread any further. Go read a basic physiology and pathology textbook. Read up on the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems. I won't bother explaining this here. But most of what you're saying is completely incorrect and physiologically impossible (like a "shower" of little clots from the pulmonary embolus traveling further...how?? through the microscopic venules and then arterioles?...etc., etc.,).

A real master can improve & also widen and enhance channels & Chakras.

Also can do that for their students.

I learned how to do this years ago by watching and relaxing into kundalini flow. It's no biggie. It just starts to happen. It must if you were designed to handle energy flow.

To try it yourself see energy running through body in rivers not trickles or lines that look like meridian drawings. The more you relax into the flow and not try to analyze the channels will start to widen. The chakras will also widen. Eventually one will see the chakras are just a reflection of the One chakra.

High level practice is really quite simple. Just keep practicing, be open, and things just start to become obvious.

He studied Soke Matsaki Hatsumi. As for the Mikkyo I know he visited with monks in Japan & Also spent time in Zen Monestaries in Japan. Als he got a lot of Mikkyo from "Laymonk" Dr.John Porter. I know he also studied and trained with Chi Kung Masters in China. In the US he was close with Cheng De Wu.

As for the aura viewing read pathnotes at the end Dr. Morris teaches you how to do it.

s

That is fascinating. So I guess he incorporated Bujinkan techniques to his curriculum? I am not too familiar with Mikkyo and similar japanese practices such as Shugendo, since so little has been written about their detailed sadhanas in english. But I am certainly interested in learning more about that. I do know that the 5 elements are an important part in their teachings as well.

I was also wondering, if possible, what can you see about this individual's aura, or spiritual maturity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBvD5HCCdPc

Thank you.

Edited by Orochi

What are you medical qualifications? The whole blood clot issue has been something I've been curious about. I know shaktimama is a R.N. with training and experience. Please post your qualifications as an M.D. or other medical professional.

What are you medical qualifications? The whole blood clot issue has been something I've been curious about. I know shaktimama is a R.N. with training and experience. Please post your qualifications as an M.D. or other medical professional.

He is correct regardless of his qualifications, Jaloo. :) It's really a matter of understanding the "pipes" and how they flow in the body. I have been out of the ICU for a while and I forget details sometimes.

Here's an old article that talks in layman's terms about "showers of clots" coming from the legs. Since it was published in 1964 and this problem is still recognized as dangerous today we can probably be pretty comfortable that we should be prudent in our practices.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,870836,00.html

Just on a personal note I once had a person die in front of my eyes from either "throwing a clot" or

"stroking out " as we say in medical speak. In retrospection it may have been a lethal arrhythmia but she did have a pacemaker.

She was an elderly, retired doctor in the hospital as a patient for I forgot what. I was sitting by her bed talking to her and taking her blood pressure. As I was looking at the pressure gauge she stopped talking all of a sudden. When I realized she wasn't talking I looked up at her. Her face had gone into a blank stare and her body limp. I tried to shake her awake but she wouldn't come to.

I called for a resuscitation team...a "code blue". We worked on her for about 20 minutes and we had to let her go. I once had a guy, when I was only out of nursing school for a year or so, have a heart attack probably from a lethal arrhythmia on a bedside commode. I was making his bed and he just went silent and his skin turned gray.

He didn't make it either. He was relatively young..50s..and was in the hospital because he had a heart attack. He probably "extended" the damage and died because of it.

I have seen lots of people die, both planned and unplanned. I have been in the room when they draw their last breath. This is why the death by cold coke sounds fishy and unexamined because I have been around the process of dying and death a lot.

I have seen and known of people who pass out and hurt themselves on the toilet. Now we know toilets don't hurt people but a lot of people get hurt sitting on one. I would not advise against sitting on a toilet ever again because of that. :P

Blazingfire, if you came to discuss technique or critique KAP your not showing it. In fact, I think that it is suspicious that post 3 is your first 'flame' post. Take it down a notch.

But most of what you're saying is completely incorrect and physiologically impossible (like a "shower" of little clots from the pulmonary embolus traveling further...how?? through the microscopic venules and then arterioles?...etc., etc.,).

No, I did not mean that the clot would break up into a bunch of tiny clots. I meant that more tiny clots could form due to the area(s) of infarction in the lungs. A person who winds up having a clot form in their leg is more likely to have clots form elsewhere--clots don't just form in people who are in excellent health and mobile-but more likely in people who are bed bound due to surgery, ill, etc. All kinds of things can cause clots--bacterial endocarditis, total joint replacement, and so on.

An area of the lungs dying due to lack of oxygen has its own risks, in other words.

And a shower of little clots is not impossible-it is called disseminated intravascular coagulation, or D.I.C.

heres a link that does a decent job of explaining it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disseminated_...lar_coagulation

Enjoy;-)

By the way, be sure to read THIS part of that link--

"The only effective treatment is the reversal of the underlying cause. Anticoagulants are given exceedingly rarely when thrombus formation is likely to lead to imminent death (such as in coronary artery thrombosis or cerebrovascular thrombosis)."

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disseminated_...lar_coagulation

Have a nice day ;-)

He is correct regardless of his qualifications, Jaloo. :) It's really a matter of understanding the "pipes" and how they flow in the body. I have been out of the ICU for a while and I forget details sometimes.

Thanks Susan. I'm always cautious, especially on TTB, taking any advice from the net without knowing qualifications. Considering the tone of this thread I was doubly cautious.

Thanks Songs for the info. This gives me some new insight.

Here is my prediction.

The way things are going I don't think Santi will make it past the age of 40.

He will most likely be dead by then.

If he makes it, he will be the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GURU.

He will be like Jackie Chan's character in the movie Drunken Master.

Till then I have my fingers crossed.

Here is my prediction.

Why wont he make it past 40? :blink:

I may be a bit rusty here, but..

If a clot in the leg(s) broke free and caused a pulmonary embolism, 2 things could result-physiologically.

If even there is a shadow of a possibility of a pulmonary embolism - The person with the pulmonary embolism needs to call 911 & be at the hospital - NOW.

Here is my prediction.

Have you been around him, face-to-face, in order to draw that conclusion?

That is fascinating. So I guess he incorporated Bujinkan techniques to his curriculum? I am not too familiar with Mikkyo and similar japanese practices such as Shugendo, since so little has been written about their detailed sadhanas in english. But I am certainly interested in learning more about that. I do know that the 5 elements are an important part in their teachings as well.

I was also wondering, if possible, what can you see about this individual's aura, or spiritual maturity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBvD5HCCdPc

Thank you.

Hmm more like things from Ninpo & the "Bujin". as oppsed to the Bujinkan.

That Magician is very coool . I like his aura, and yes very "ninja"

Here is my prediction.

????