Couple of quick suggestions..

1. TAT (Tapas Acupressure Technique), TAT gets great results with allergies, and is a much simpler do-it-yourself version of NAET which is big in the naturopathic world for allergy desensitization but not even as effective, IMO.

2. EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), EFT

3. I agree with Michael Winn about homeopathy..

4. Buteyko breathing, which Sean introduced me to!

Take care,

Karen

Does this mean in a previous life I was  persecuted by pets?

10149[/snapback]

At first I thought you said "pests", and in that case, I'm sure that we all were ;-) Otherwise, I have no idea.

Re. Buteyko, I found a good source was the book Breathing Free, by Teresa Hale. It emphasizes that the "reduced breathing" is really the therapeutic part, rather than the breath holding.

It started to seem rather like a qigong exercise I learned on a Ken Cohen tape, embryonic breathing, but had never really practiced much.

Where I learned the most about Buteyko, though, was from Carol Baglia, Correct Breathing

I summarized her recommendations here: Intro to Buteyko Breathing

Re. TAT, yes, Tapas is an interesting person. I've talked with her and know she has a lot to offer, with her acupuncture background and having developed TAT which helped her heal from cancer.

-Karen

Cat,

Re. converting tapes to MP3/CD.. I was just talking to my bro-in-law today about that. I've been converting tapes using the free Audacity software (from Sourceforge I think?)

Works like a charm. I just pulled out my speaker cable and connected the output of the tape player to the input of my laptop, hit the record button in Audacity, and then you can save the file as MP3. I'm not too swift with electronics, but this was a snap.

I use Audacity mainly for recording my guitar playing, but also for preserving stuff on old tapes.

Glad the info on allergies seemed useful.. hope it really helps!

Karen

hello everyone.

I recently got a dog,and it turns out that I am allergic to her and it is giving me asthma. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts/experiences with alternative ways of dealing with this. I asked Michael Winn about it and he said go to a homeopath, which is on my list of  things to do when this festive  few days finishes.

Any more ideas?

I have ordered an air purifier and a super duper allergy hoover. I mean any ideas about what I could do internally, or....I dunno what else... :huh:

10135[/snapback]

Raw dairies. In particular raw unpastourised cream, and raw unpastourised milk will help you.

Hey Cat.

I agree with Pietro, raw dairy products are immensely healing, and have none of the allergenic potential that commercial (pasteurized) dairy products do. Trick is to find raw dairy at all in the U.S. Some imported cheeses that say "from milk" instead of "from pasteurized milk" may be raw. Speaking of pets, maybe you could get a goat for milk :D.

Re. MSM, that can sometimes be helpful, but I wouldn't count on it as a magic bullet. A more common cause of inflammation is deficiency of omega-3 EFA's, especially for people who don't eat a lot of animal products. Even then, the commercial factory-farm animal products are very low in omega-3, but products from grass-fed or wild animals are higher.

Cod liver oil to the rescue.

Also food allergies and "leaky gut" can cause chronic immune overactivity, when proteins are getting into the bloodstream that are really too large to be there. Even when the problem seems related to something else entirely, there are a lot of ways the immune system can be chronically overworked, and then some otherwise harmless substance that normally wouldn't be a major trigger suddenly becomes one.

Then of course there's the lingering effect of old trauma. What you said about the dog and energetic separation sounds right on target. I do a lot of entity release work.. TAT is a good tool for that, and also I do etheric "boosting/blasting," aiming energy from the heart to the target. I also use a kind of powered crystal device to facilitate the work.

Glad to hear you're digging Audacity. I actually created mp3's of old tapes of myself at age 3. Lots of fun, but strangely there doesn't seem to be a big audience for that, and I don't think I'll be posting the transcript anytime soon :lol:

Karen

Karen,

Cod liver oil to the rescue.
Can you talk a little about cod liver oil (or provide a few links). I've just started to take it within the last week or so and surprised at how powerful it is.

I use Audacity mainly for recording my guitar playing,
Do you use a plug-in mic, or do you find your built-in laptop mic ok. Record rhythm, and then record lead over it? Looking fwd to experimenting with this.

Trunk

Do you use a plug-in mic, or do you find your built-in laptop mic ok. Record rhythm, and then record lead over it? Looking fwd to experimenting with this.

Trunk

The problem with the built-in laptop mic tends to be a time lap... you record the first track o.k. and witht he second there is (at least to my ears) noticable delay between both tracks...

by the way. If anzbodz is interested in a very good and really cheap midi-audio program: try n-track

I know. it got nothing to do with allergy...

Harry

hi pietro - really? I dont know anything about that, how it works?

why it works, I don't know.

How it works. In me when I started I found a source of raw double cream in London. I bought some 10 glasses, and then I party-ed at the speed of one a day. Mixed with unheated honey. After I would feel very sleepy while feeling my whole nasal area totally blocked. I would go to bed (at 4 pm), and then wake up 2 hours later with the emptiest nasal cavities in the region and beyond.

Now, I don't suffer from allergies, but I heard similar stories from the people in the (closed) yahoo forum on primal diet. If you are interested in the source: Aajonus Vonderplanitz: "We want to live", is the book.

Sunshine, couldnt you have dragged up some allergy related morsel to make your blatantly unconcerned-about-your-allergy post a little more caring and compassionate. you can practise your bedside manner,on me, you know.

I sent you my best thoughts... I couldn't have added more to the already given ideas. TAT would have been my idea but that was already brought up... regarding your red dog: you know that we are in the year of the Fire Dog now, don't you... HAPPY NEW YEAR dear...

Harry

sunshine

I had a wonderful dream about a red dog a few nights ago, a bright red dog. And it felt like it was MY dog, in some way. So I think this means I'm getting progress, I hope.

cat dreaming about a dog? :lol: if i was a cat - that'd be more of a nightmare...

perhaps you're dreaming of the 'red fire dog'... it was chinese new-year yesterday...

Reminds me of a friend who randomly asked me if I'd ever heard of Aleister Crowley (I was a big fan already).. what he didn't realise was that it was his birthday that day!

Hi Trunk,

I only have a minute right now, but the Weston Price Foundation website is a great source of info on CLO (cod liver oil).

Also Radiant Life is a good source for products, including the X-Factor Butter Oil which seems to work synergistically with the CLO. You can read about it on the Radiant Life website. The Butter oil is expensive, and I haven't sprung for it yet, but I hear it's very wonderful stuff.

If you think the CLO is powerful, the combo might be.. interesting :)

Re. the audio stuff.. I use a separate mic and preamp. Before I had a preamp, I was using an old tape recorder to act as a preamp :).

-Karen

Edited by karen

Re raw dairy:

The farmers market in Notting Hill on Saturday mornings has raw milk and cream. It's more or less behind Waterstone's.

And at a lot of such markets you can get raw honey still in the comb. Or I know someone in Oxford, if you want to make a habit of it.

And Watkins in Cecil Court may well have a second hand copy of "we want to live", if no-one has bought it since I sold it to them!

Happy new year from New Zealand

I

I'm coming to this thread a little late but...

When you consider the latest theories on allergies, they are actually a sign of a good immune system. The thinking is that as modern people our immune systems don't have so much to keep them occupied, so they may find some other substance (pollen, animal dander, etc) to attack.

I've had allergies all of my life. When I was a boy, I went in for a test to find out what I was allergic to. It turned out that I was allergic to just about everything they tested me for. So I was put on allergy shots, which were basically shots full of what I was allergic to, and that seemed to help.

I am allergic to cats and currently live with three. I pet them, get scratched and bitten by them, the works. My experience with allergies is to expose yourself to what you are allergic to (a little at a time if need be) until your system can tolerate it.

I too was desirous of an air purifier, until I did the research. The experts say to save your money, and just dust and vacuum regularly. Also if you have a furnace filter, make sure to change it often. The only people who really need air purifiers, are those who are SUPER sensitive, and have already done those other things and still need that extra pure environment. There is also new research that says that negative ion generators may not be as good as was once thought, and may actually be harmful in some cases.

As to eating raw dairy, all I can say is to check out the history of pasteurization. I love natural stuff, and am quite an herb and natural remedy buff, but eating raw dairy is just asking for trouble. I live in Oregon (where there are more health nuts than you can shake a stick at) and recently a bunch of people got REALLY sick from eating raw dairy. In Oregon you can only sell it for animal consumption, but people were eating it anyway. The people who were selling it felt plenty bad, and now they are in BIG trouble.

When you consider the latest theories on allergies, they are actually a sign of a good immune system. The thinking is that as modern people our immune systems don't have so much to keep them occupied, so they may find some other substance (pollen, animal dander, etc) to attack.

Well, in Donna Eden's book Energy Medicine, she says that allergies are caused by an over-active triple-warmer meridian. Her method of getting rid of alergies is to sedate the tripple warmer as you handle the allergen - it may take a little while but apparently works well. Leo's theory makes sense then, except in an energetic sense it's a sign of an overly active triple warmer.

Ian - what did you get from that book that was useful for you - if you can distill/articulate/type such a thing?

Much as Karen says. Mr Vonderplanitz is clearly a bit of a freak, but after the life he reports that's hardly surprising. I've only read the first book. There are clear examples of people recovering from the brink of death with his raw diet.

I'm personally convinced that if you want to eat dairy, then raw is infinitely better for you, providing all the important stuff above about how it's produced is followed.

And I'm personally convinced that "normal" dairy is bad for pretty much everyone.

However, I'm inclined to believe that there are some people who are better off without dairy, raw or otherwise. Pietro sounds like he thrives, but he's a great hairy man-beast with a very primitive aspect. :D

In zoos when animals are orphaned, or abandoned by their mothers, cow milk doesn't work across species.

Goat milk does, however. The old greek term for goat, apparently, meant universal mother, for this reason.

So even unpasteurised milk is still meant for calves, and the molecule is much much bigger than that of human milk.

Having said that, I drink it whenever I can get it, cos it's just so nice. And the cream.....

And unpastuerised goat milk I've only found frozen, which is a whole new argument....

So gee, I dunno. Try it, you might like it...