Sign in to follow this  
buscon

Open the heart

Hi all,

lately I've focused my attention on my heart, as I feel a blockage there since long time.

Nothing so bad actually, I had good long-lasting relationships and I have a lot of female friends. On the other hand there is always some "blocking", useless shyness when I meet a new girl; as a consequence I usually don't act when I should. Afterwards I don't feel rage (I rarely get angry), but I feel sad and start to think too much (lungs and spleen).

So the root of the problem is my heart, or part of it: I've kept it hidden since long time, the love offered from our society disgusted me when I was a teenager - the best example that I can give you is the sexism of our society, something that I've always hated. As a consequence, I refused the tipical attitude "I-am-super-cool-and-I-wanna-date-you", but I didn't developed a good alternative to create good feelings with a woman (beyond frendship, I mean :) ).

As I already said, it's nothing so bad, but I wanna to have a better flow of my heart channel because I realized that is the root of other physical and psycological problems, that could bring my meditation/qigong/life experience to a further level.

For sure I need some time to clear this blockage, as it's a behaviour that I have since long time - I don't expect an easy solution, I just wanna know what do you think about this situation and how would you face it.

At the moment I'm practising spring forest qigong level 1 every day, and I really like it.

I actually start to better understand the problem when I read an old reply of drew hempel, talking about broken heart. I really fit into this description :

The two main blockages, as qigong master Chunyi Lin teaches, are emotions and nutrition.

So for full-lotus I can sit in it indefinitely as long as the emotional energy is flowing in and OUT -

If I eat too much food and don't get the energy out of my body then it stays as lower emotional electrochemical energy instead of being "vortexed" into bliss-light. The strong yin energy outside of my body sucks out, and more easily, transduces my food energy, so that the yin energy receives my yang bliss-light.

Here's the enire post

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?act=ST...;f=1&t=4549

Thank you and love :)

Anodea Judith is my fave for delving into the psychological wisdom of Chakra work. There's a bunch of stuff online, but her book "Eastern Body Western Mind" digs most deeply into chakra psychology. What surprised me in my own heart chakra work was the association between the capacity to love and personal courage. I was a sweet doormat for many years until I realized that opening your heart also meant "sacking up."

There are also a ton of affirmations for heart chakra work online that you can silently recite as you breath in and out during meditation. Eight affirmations per minute, times 30 minutes, twice a day... you get the point. It will have a positive effect.

Once I acquired the ability to circulate some energy in the lower dan tien, it was a relatively easy task to connect this energy flow with my heart chakra. From what I gather, this is Sushumna, or Central Channel work, as applied to chakra opening. Good luck.

Oh, one more thing, if you're a typical American from a typical dysfunctional family, you've got plenty of heart chakra work ahead of you. Welcome to the Club. The membership is huge! :D

Anodea Judith is my fave for delving into the psychological wisdom of Chakra work. There's a bunch of stuff online, but her book "Eastern Body Western Mind" digs most deeply into chakra psychology. What surprised me in my own heart chakra work was the association between the capacity to love and personal courage. I was a sweet doormat for many years until I realized that opening your heart also meant "sacking up."

There are also a ton of affirmations for heart chakra work online that you can silently recite as you breath in and out during meditation. Eight affirmations per minute, times 30 minutes, twice a day... you get the point. It will have a positive effect.

Ok, maybe I have to try with some affirmations for the heart....

Once I acquired the ability to circulate some energy in the lower dan tien, it was a relatively easy task to connect this energy flow with my heart chakra. From what I gather, this is Sushumna, or Central Channel work, as applied to chakra opening. Good luck.

Dunno, until now for me was easier to collect energy in the dantien and do the MCO. Even other organs blockage where not so pointless.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll find a way :)

Oh, one more thing, if you're a typical American from a typical dysfunctional family, you've got plenty of heart chakra work ahead of you. Welcome to the Club. The membership is huge! :D

No, I come from another kind of dysfunctional family, from the north of Italy: conservatism, catholism and close minded people.

I think that Catholism is the main point - I probably hated so much, that I really close my heart :P

Thanks for the answer!

No, I come from another kind of dysfunctional family, from the north of Italy: conservatism, catholism and close minded people.

I think that Catholism is the main point - I probably hated so much, that I really close my heart :P

Thanks for the answer!

I never experienced the bliss of recovering from Catholicism, but I do believe it is closely related to alcholism.

On the other hand there is always some "blocking", useless shyness when I meet a new girl; as a consequence I usually don't act when I should. Afterwards I don't feel rage (I rarely get angry), but I feel sad and start to think too much (lungs and spleen).

This struck me as strange... If you don't feel rage, then why mention it? Why not just say "I feel sad and start to think too much "

I would not have even thought of that but you needed to tell us you don't feel rage... I think there is something to look at here...

The block may be from not feeling your anger (maybe at yourself)... I don't know but it may be worth investigating...

This struck me as strange... If you don't feel rage, then why mention it? Why not just say "I feel sad and start to think too much "

I would not have even thought of that but you needed to tell us you don't feel rage... I think there is something to look at here...

The block may be from not feeling your anger (maybe at yourself)... I don't know but it may be worth investigating...

I agree

yea dude, i don't have my heart chakra open yet... but what you where saying about interacting with the ladies i wanted to respond to...

you should try checking out MASF... it's a site about seduction (fast seduction specifically) and although a bunch of guys getting together online and strategizing about getting into womans pants sounds sleazy (it is :P ), there's actually a lot of useful shit on there!! Especially what you where saying about not making a move when the opportunity presents itself (however you put it)

or you could check out some books by David Deida...

...see, people who are attracted to 'cultivation' seem to be a particular type of person: intellectual, introverted and the like... so it's good to remember to interact with the rest of humanity... and get some sweet, sweet lovin!!

anyway, that's my 2 cents... GOOD LUCK

I've actually mentioned it because it's the standard behaviour, and I wanted to specify that is not my case.

Anyway, it could even be that I don't really feel rage, maybe I repress it (Catholicism influence again...) and I don't recognize it - I'll try to look more into at the next experience.

Thank you for the tip.

yea dude, i don't have my heart chakra open yet... but what you where saying about interacting with the ladies i wanted to respond to...

you should try checking out MASF... it's a site about seduction (fast seduction specifically) and although a bunch of guys getting together online and strategizing about getting into womans pants sounds sleazy (it is :P ), there's actually a lot of useful shit on there!! Especially what you where saying about not making a move when the opportunity presents itself (however you put it)

or you could check out some books by David Deida...

...see, people who are attracted to 'cultivation' seem to be a particular type of person: intellectual, introverted and the like... so it's good to remember to interact with the rest of humanity... and get some sweet, sweet lovin!!

anyway, that's my 2 cents... GOOD LUCK

I'll have a look at the guides on MASF but I don't think it's the right solution.

I think that I have not fully developed the loving side of my person: that's what I rejected refusing the standard way to date a woman - no flowers, no hugs, no sweet words. I didn't rejected totally, I just gave my love and sweetness in the right situation, not spreading out like most of the people do.

I'm quite a generous and kind person, I think that I have just to be more "physically" with friends and people I like in general - that's what it's missing, or I think so in this moment.

Cool, you got any links for her work?

Sign in to follow this