Sign in to follow this  
MBZ

zhan zhuang ONLY?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you ONLY practice standing and not seated meditation? Can you share why and what the benefits have been? I sometimes feel like just standing and wanna ad my sitting time to zhan zhuang but feel like sitting is more important so I always do both. Let me add that my main reasons for practicing are health and wellbeing and to help with my martial arts. Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in enlightenment, as I don't have a teacher right now , that isn't as important to me at this time. Thanks everyone!

BLESSINGS!!!

For right now, you'll probably benefit more from standing. It will give you the base of consciousness that sitting will, but also clean out your body and build strength/power. Also to be aware of, standing incorrectly can be harmful. If you are learning from a book, like Lam Kam Chuen's, be sure to take the precautions seriously. Often overlooked is diet, which may hinder or enhance your progress.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

For right now, you'll probably benefit more from standing. It will give you the base of consciousness that sitting will, but also clean out your body and build strength/power. Also to be aware of, standing incorrectly can be harmful. If you are learning from a book, like Lam Kam Chuen's, be sure to take the precautions seriously. Often overlooked is diet, which may hinder or enhance your progress.

Thank u Old Man Contradiction!

BLESSINGS!

The video link below has a good instruction of Embrace Horse with some precautionary points.

The video link below has a good instruction of Embrace Horse with some precautionary points.

Thank u so much Blasto...BLESSINGS!

Sign in to follow this