Sign in to follow this  
SAMANTABHADRA

Bubbleguts

Ciao all,

Thought I might solicit some advice from some of the more TCM-minded folks here.

Since I was in my early teens, I have experienced a strange phenomenon. When I breathe deeply, expanding my diaphragm downward (for instance, in singing or in some yoga/qi gong), I frequently have a 'burbling' - for lack of a better term - coming from my lower abdomen. It is as if there is air inside my intestines that is getting pushed around. This has been a constant in my life for many years.

I should mention that it is completely pain-free, but it isn't what I would describe as 'comfortable'. It weirds people out, they can often hear it going on if we are somewhere quiet. If I breathe shallowly, the problem goes away, but I don't particularly want to breathe shallowly. I think this should be resolvable, but I don't know how? Any ideas? Anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance

Ciao all,

Thought I might solicit some advice from some of the more TCM-minded folks here.

Since I was in my early teens, I have experienced a strange phenomenon. When I breathe deeply, expanding my diaphragm downward (for instance, in singing or in some yoga/qi gong), I frequently have a 'burbling' - for lack of a better term - coming from my lower abdomen. It is as if there is air inside my intestines that is getting pushed around. This has been a constant in my life for many years.

I should mention that it is completely pain-free, but it isn't what I would describe as 'comfortable'. It weirds people out, they can often hear it going on if we are somewhere quiet. If I breathe shallowly, the problem goes away, but I don't particularly want to breathe shallowly. I think this should be resolvable, but I don't know how? Any ideas? Anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance

Wow, I thought I was the only one who experienced all of this. Mine is a bit different though, because mine doesn't exactly "bubble" or make moving sounds, air seems to get trapped down in my gut and when I eat it makes me feel a little weird and slightly uncomfortable. I have to try and sort of press the air out sometimes by trying to puke (but not really puking). Sometimes when I press on my belly I can get it out and it doesnt sound like a burp but more of a guttural thing. Some days I have it and some days dont.

More chi kung horror stories, when we return.

I have something similar lol.. When I push my lower abdomen out.. If I do it far enough, fast enough It'll feel like alittle disconnect.

bum I thought the guy was great personally.. lol

Sometimes I suspect that my intestines aren't pressurized correctly? Specifically, that there should be more pressure in my abdomen, so that there wouldn't be room for all of that trapped air to hang out.

I do not, however, want to go about trying to pressurize myself without any assistance from someone who knows what they are talking about. I think there are probably some stored up emotional things going on there, and there may be some physical pain involved in releasing them. I don't want to hurt myself.

My suspicion is that you're eating something and not entirely digesting it resulting in gaseous buildup in your intestinal tract. I have a similar problem. It's mostly from not thoroughly chewing your food, but can also be due to bad food combinations and what not.

When you're doing qigong/yoga do you tend to fart much? Because it should be getting gradually pushed out. Also, maybe do a whole body cleanse program. You can buy a kit at a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods for like 20 bucks.

Just my 2 coppers, for what they are worth.

Sign in to follow this