Sign in to follow this  
markern

Why does my orbit run by itself

I am sitting her with an orbit running quite nicely by itself. For my level at least. It started up because I did the five tibetan rites about an hour ago. I can count on one hand, well two probably, the number of times I have tried to move the orbit conciously and that is way in the past. I see people say all the time that when your dan tien is full it will overflow and run the orbit by itself but I am absolutely certain my Dan tien is very far from full so why is it running?

I am sitting her with an orbit running quite nicely by itself. For my level at least. It started up because I did the five tibetan rites about an hour ago. I can count on one hand, well two probably, the number of times I have tried to move the orbit conciously and that is way in the past. I see people say all the time that when your dan tien is full it will overflow and run the orbit by itself but I am absolutely certain my Dan tien is very far from full so why is it running?

I dunno

To me it doesn't sound logical that the Dan Tien would be full first since that energy would be essential to correct deficiencies in the rest of the body first.

How do you know it is running?

How do you know it is running?

Because I feel a lot of energy going up my spine over my head down my face through the tongue conencted to the palate and down were the front channel is suposed to run etc. THis is also coupled with some shifts in awareness. My awareness in my front body is often outside my body but this pulls it in and that has been my experience before. Also it makes me feel more relaxed and yin when it goes down the front. Sounds orbity doesn't it?

Made it stop for sometime by putting a finger from my left hand on the navel. Enery then pulled into it and stopeed runing arround the orbit so much. COuld not make it compeltly stop

The more time the orbit is running, the better, yes. It is grounding and energizing and balancing and it refines energy.

People often talk about the dan tian like a radiator in a car and the pathways like a cooling system.

Qi isn't stuff - it isn't water.

That's only a metaphor.

The energy pathways aren't fixed anatomic structures that can be seen or measured.

They are wherever you imagine them to be. They are continuous throughout.

If you develop adequate sensitivity, you can feel flow anywhere you choose.

Try it sometime.

We get too attached to diagrams and concepts - it's all a convenience of communication, nothing more.

Just my opinion of course, YMMV.

IMO the MCO is overemphasized. It is a great thing, but it is only one method...The orbit is supposed to run by itself. That is the natural state of the human body. Do not become attached to physical sensations. Physical sensations of Chi is NOT chi. Chi has no measurable properties. That is why it cannot be detected with scientific instruments. What can be detected is the reaction to Chi. What you feel is not Chi. It is the body's reaction to Chi. But feeling the reaction to Chi does not necessarily mean anything. It could also mean a blockage. It is possible to be filled with flowing Chi energy and not feel anything. If it is pleasant, enjoy it, but don't become attached.

...reading your post, I can feel it running. Not related to a blockage. You have had a lot of energy transmisssion and it is all smoothing out nicely. (That's my felt sense anyway). Enjoy the full moon. :)

Sounds like your circuits are nice and open. There are only two issues I would consider.

It started up because I did the five tibetan rites about an hour ago.

This is assuming that there is an unmistakable causal relation between the two. I do the Rites too, but I associate my MCO with other techniques. Could you cite references for us? This is intriguing. I warm up all my personal training clients with these cuz I treat 'em like lab rats. :D

I am absolutely certain my Dan tien is very far from full so why is it running?

What criteria do you use to make such a powerful assertion? The experience that I have had that is corroborated by Frantzis and others is that chi is subject to an ebb and flow as your entire body starts to open up according to its own rythm. I would first suspect that the nature of our Dan tien is not subject to our absolute awareness.

MCO may be overemphasized and the Five Tibetans may be underestimated. For all its simplicity, this little routine "has it all." Except devotion and letting go -- which are as physical as all things spiritual ;) -- this I might add with tibetan-style prostrations before a deity of choice (it can be a quartz crystal or the Three Pure Ones or whoever I want to contact), basically you just throw yourself flat on the ground from the standing position and not too gently either, arms outstretched, do it on a rug and protect your elbows (carpet burn) and you have a complete body-mind-spirit routine in a five-minute nutshell. Extend it to fifteen minutes three times daily and expect miracles. :)

MCO shouldn't be underestimated in alchemy though. Just running it is like running your car motor without going anywhere. But alchemically, you don't focus on what you're running to get places, anymore than you focus on your car engine running when you drive. You don't focus on what runs the engine and how, you focus on where you're going and how, you pay attention to many things at once -- your speed, but you don't focus on that... other cars, but you don't focus on that... steering, but you don't focus on the steering wheel... you pay attention to braking when necessary but you don't focus on the brakes... and so on. The moment you over-focus, over-meditate on any one thing out of the whole picture, this one thing turns into an obstacle you run into -- or into something that prevents you from seeing the obstacle you're about to run into. I was surprised to hear that Tiger Woods, as physically spirited as he is, had run his car into a tree the other day. But then I found out he was focusing on something other than where he's going (on a fight with his wife, in this particular case), and had an aha moment. :lol:

Tiger Woods does chi kung. Maybe he should get his wife to study too.

MCO may be overemphasized and the Five Tibetans may be underestimated. For all its simplicity, this little routine "has it all." Except devotion and letting go -- which are as physical as all things spiritual ;) -- this I might add with tibetan-style prostrations before a deity of choice (it can be a quartz crystal or the Three Pure Ones or whoever I want to contact), basically you just throw yourself flat on the ground from the standing position and not too gently either, arms outstretched, do it on a rug and protect your elbows (carpet burn) and you have a complete body-mind-spirit routine in a five-minute nutshell. Extend it to fifteen minutes three times daily and expect miracles. :)

MCO shouldn't be underestimated in alchemy though. Just running it is like running your car motor without going anywhere. But alchemically, you don't focus on what you're running to get places, anymore than you focus on your car engine running when you drive. You don't focus on what runs the engine and how, you focus on where you're going and how, you pay attention to many things at once -- your speed, but you don't focus on that... other cars, but you don't focus on that... steering, but you don't focus on the steering wheel... you pay attention to braking when necessary but you don't focus on the brakes... and so on. The moment you over-focus, over-meditate on any one thing out of the whole picture, this one thing turns into an obstacle you run into -- or into something that prevents you from seeing the obstacle you're about to run into. I was surprised to hear that Tiger Woods, as physically spirited as he is, had run his car into a tree the other day. But then I found out he was focusing on something other than where he's going (on a fight with his wife, in this particular case), and had an aha moment. :lol:

I didn't buy the book on the 5Rites because there's enough info online to get the routine down. i've been doing it almost daily for 8 months or so, but since I'm also doing nei kung and other body work I've no means of factoring out the efficacy of any one thing. Although my Nei kung has probably done the most. Any online scholarly entries about the Rites?

Isn't the orbit supposed to run by itself?

That is what I heave always heard and what makes sense to me and I do not have a problem with it I am just puzzled because of the posts that I understood to say that it will not really run by itself (significantly atleast) without the dan tien being "full" and mine just cannot be.

The more time the orbit is running, the better, yes. It is grounding and energizing and balancing and it refines energy.

That is exactly what it feels like

...reading your post, I can feel it running. Not related to a blockage. You have had a lot of energy transmisssion and it is all smoothing out nicely. (That's my felt sense anyway). Enjoy the full moon. :)

You are exactly right!!!! I have had a bunch of healings, especially with JA MU and I have tuned into Santiago several times. Your siddhis seem to be deveolping nicely :)

Sounds like your circuits are nice and open. There are only two issues I would consider.

It started up because I did the five tibetan rites about an hour ago.

This is assuming that there is an unmistakable causal relation between the two. I do the Rites too, but I associate my MCO with other techniques. Could you cite references for us? This is intriguing. I warm up all my personal training clients with these cuz I treat 'em like lab rats. :D

HAha I want lab rats too.

Well most of the times when I do the rites (I have only done them a few times) I feel energy being sucked into teh center of my body. THis is nice for me as my awareness is totally messed up and often to some extent outside my body feeling from there and in not from inside out and this seems to make energy go in the rong places when I practice eenrgywork. When I feel inside out things are much smoother. So this is a very important reason for me to keep this up. A few times I have also felt and seen the central channel right after I finish or like 30 min after or something when the energy has had time to do its work for sometime. I think the second or third time I practice this happened. I then saw a tube from root to third eye and later all the way to the crown. At the time it had a nice reddish coulour but it has had different colours at diferent times. I have seen it as white when focusing on the bone/bridge og the nose which according to swami Rama is suposed to open the central channel. Sometimes and especially lately I have seen "chakraballs or dots" wake up along the central channel when I do it. THey have colours but I cannot always pinpoint them exactly and they change somewhat and I dont think they correspond to the clssic map. THe root tends to be brown and the second chakra certainly aint orange (I have experienced it as white before while doing other practices).

These days I am doing a lot of standing like a tree in order to try to root and some bodyscanning and tai chi. The rites have only been for the last few days. What happened was that all the normal central channel things started to happen and I then surfed the net for an hour and became aware of my root while surfing. THis lead to energy going the legs which felt good. THen the orbit started running. So I don't normally feel the orbit running because of the five tibetans. But it has done on numnerous occasions a lot to get energy to run in my legs. I think most of these is a consequence of making my chakras aligned and because of this a lot of other stuff starts to happen like in the legs.

I am absolutely certain my Dan tien is very far from full so why is it running?

What criteria do you use to make such a powerful assertion? The experience that I have had that is corroborated by Frantzis and others is that chi is subject to an ebb and flow as your entire body starts to open up according to its own rythm. I would first suspect that the nature of our Dan tien is not subject to our absolute awareness.

You are probably right about that but what I thought was that I have done very little to get energy to gow there in particular. I am really burned out, my sex drive is almost completly gone, I have huge memory problems and I am seriously ungrounded. So it did not make any sense that I had a surplus of energy in my dan tien. What I think is the case is that I have always had a much easier time in accessing my energybody than most people, I can just bring my mind to certain acupoints and make them run and feel a lot of where the energy goes, so my theory is that I have opened very quickly without having made things work and run correctly first. But I am working a lot on grounding an harmonizing now. The tibetans seems to do wonderfull work and doing a lot for the grounding and correcting my awareness and earlier today did a lot of stuff to make my head work better again. So I think I am on my way.

Because of this thread I started thinking about the orbit again which made it start to run. I then put my tongue up and today it flows a lot better and the whole thing is very harmonizing and nice and realxing. I certainly get the point about the orbit refining energy. I will keep this up it is perfect for me right now.

Any advice on the different toungue positions?

Edited by markern

Jing...

Qi...

Shen...

Void!

If I were you, I'd let it to its thing, then collect the energies at the dan tien.

Edited by Scotty

That is what I heave always heard and what makes sense to me and I do not have a problem with it I am just puzzled because of the posts that I understood to say that it will not really run by itself (significantly atleast) without the dan tien being "full" and mine just cannot be.

That is exactly what it feels like

You are exactly right!!!! I have had a bunch of healings, especially with JA MU and I have tuned into Santiago several times. Your siddhis seem to be deveolping nicely :)

You are probably right about that but what I thought was that I have done very little to get energy to gow there in particular. I am really burned out, my sex drive is almost completly gone, I have huge memory problems and I am seriously ungrounded. So it did not make any sense that I had a surplus of energy in my dan tien. What I think is the case is that I have always had a much easier time in accessing my energybody than most people, I can just bring my mind to certain acupoints and make them run and feel a lot of where the energy goes, so my theory is that I have opened very quickly without having made things work and run correctly first. But I am working a lot on grounding an harmonizing now. The tibetans seems to do wonderfull work and doing a lot for the grounding and correcting my awareness and earlier today did a lot of stuff to make my head work better again. So I think I am on my way.

Because of this thread I started thinking about the orbit again which made it start to run. I then put my tongue up and today it flows a lot better and the whole thing is very harmonizing and nice and realxing. I certainly get the point about the orbit refining energy. I will keep this up it is perfect for me right now.

Any advice on the different toungue positions?

It is a working theory of mine that imagination, creativity, and a strong capacity for visualization can compensate for poor health, and that's not only because I'm you're typical left-handed, right-brained musician ex-drunk, but it could be part of it. Anatomical awareness definitely plays a role; I've actually done plenty of sitting meditation with giant anatomy charts in front of me.

How old are you? Sounds like a little nei kung could work wonders. You're not hitting the bong, are you?

Tongue position advice. Mostly keep up behind teeth, but if energy gets too "heady"/unbalanced do opposite-Tongue outside of lower teeth/gums but between lower lip (looks like chewing tobacco) for few minutes. Grounds very fast.

Edited by Kameel

So, now that I'm back to square one, how could I broaden my sensitivity to actually feel what is already in me?

Sign in to follow this