John Zen

Question to Durkhrod...

"Semen retention if you live in society is wrong. Ejaculate as often as your body tells you as long as you cultivate properly, but I will have advice you to have sex (if you possibly are able to) rather than non-partnered sex since you gain nothing out of it. Sex with the opposite sex will give you plenty of Yin energy."

I saw this in the "100th guy" thread.

How do you figure?

John Zen,

If you want to open a thread, put some information in the line and byline as to what it's about, otherwise you make everyone click on the thing to see what it's about. I suggest opening up a general topic. We should be able to tell from your title (not just Question for Durkhrod) what the discussion is, so we don't all waste our time to see what the topic is... sorry to be pissy, but why don't you just PM him if you have a question for him?

John Zen,

If you want to open a thread, put some information in the line and byline as to what it's about, otherwise you make everyone click on the thing to see what it's about. I suggest opening up a general topic. We should be able to tell from your title (not just Question for Durkhrod) what the discussion is, so we don't all waste our time to see what the topic is... sorry to be pissy, but why don't you just PM him if you have a question for him?

@TheSongsofDistantEarth,

I totally agree about choosing a better subject for this topic - this way is just misleading...

On the other hand I think that a PM would be a pity, because it's a subject that can be interesting for a lot of us.

@JohnZen: so please, if you wanna to have a public discussion about semen retention in our world, start a new thread with a sensible subject.

Be well

Man WTF are you guys crying about. It says question to Durkhrod, not songs of distant earth or buscon or someone else. Why did you click on the thread if it says Durkhrod?! Clicking on a thread that asks for Durkhrod and then complaining that it doesn't specify what it's about... Jesus :rolleyes:

Man WTF are you guys crying about. It says question to Durkhrod, not songs of distant earth or buscon or someone else. Why did you click on the thread if it says Durkhrod?! Clicking on a thread that asks for Durkhrod and then complaining that it doesn't specify what it's about... Jesus :rolleyes:

eeeah shaddup, pero. B) It's a forum not a bulletin board. Send a PM or post a topic of general interest, I say.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Guest sykkelpump

eeeah shaddup, pero. B) It's a forum not a bulletin board. Send a PM or post a topic of general interest, I say.

you couldnt stop wasting your time on this misleading thread could you?

but why don't you just PM him if you have a question for him?

Because other people can benefit from our discussion.

But you're right, I'm sorry for not making the title more specific

Not to speak for Durkhrod, but here's my opinion:

Everywhere you turn in modern society you are blasted with sex- there's sex on tv, sex on the movies, sex in the music, sex in the paper, in the magazines, etc etc etc. Just go out and watch an action movie, 9 times out of 10 there's going to be some sex scene even if it serves absolutely no purpose. People like sex.

If you are trying to abstain or whatever it's going to be much harder getting into it while you have sex blasted in your face everywhere you turn. Sure, you CAN go to a 3-6 month retreat or something, get your center, banish all sexual thoughts, and return to society with a willpower of steel.

But since not everyone can do that, and must stay in society, well every once in a while you are going to get some urge brought on by a certain stimulus. When it gets too powerful, don't worry about it. Don't try and force yourself into being this super celibate guy. Have clean thoughts, clean actions, but you can't help it if you turn on the tv and there's, you know...... something there ;)

That's not to say that you should go out looking for this stuff. If it happens, it happens. Don't get attached and move on with your life. Eventually you'll go longer and longer between each time until it just doesn't phase you anymore.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I think this topic has been discussed at Tao Bums many times. Use the search function and if still not happy, then come back and ask again. I will give you my opinion about it.

Good luck.

There are SO many threads on this, most are from guys who injured their health.

But i don't mind saying again, semen retention is not necessary, needed or desired. Use condom for birth control.

WALK the middle path. This means no excess but no suppression.

Find a soul mate or a new soul mate. Cultivation with a partner is MUCH MORE POWERFUL. The main ingredient is true love, one of the most powerful of all things that exist.

Now you will hear from those that think it is the greatest thing since grits. But I challenge each and every one of them to try the 2-person love method of energy exchange before they crow about how how good semen retention is and screw up another 10 young men who read crap like that on a forum. The method I refer to is published in my book and it works quite well and is simple. Single person semen retention will not open up gateways to other worlds but the 2-person method most certainly can.

OP, if you wish to gain in energy learn proper qigong.

But i don't mind saying again, semen retention is not necessary, needed or desired. Use condom for birth control.

Find a soul mate or a new soul mate. Cultivation with a partner is MUCH MORE POWERFUL. The main ingredient is true love, one of the most powerful of all things that exist.

Now you will hear from those that think it is the greatest thing since grits. But I challenge each and every one of them to try the 2-person love method of energy exchange before they crow about how how good semen retention is and screw up another 10 young men who read crap like that on a forum. The method I refer to is published in my book and it works quite well and is simple. Single person semen retention will not open up gateways to other worlds but the 2-person method most certainly can.

OP, if you wish to gain in energy learn proper qigong.

I find what you say about love being powerfull in this context very interesting and wish you would emphasize that point frequently as I think few people think about that. I will have to order your book soon as my curiosity about this method of cultivation is killing me.

Edited by markern

What you say makes sense when you have a partner - what about when you don't have one ? Does retention make sense in that case ?

What you say makes sense when you have a partner - what about when you don't have one ? Does retention make sense in that case ?

Follow the path of the golden mean.

As I said above, not too much, not too little. No need for retention. When you raise your energy body vibration through the practice of energetics you WILL find soul mates at every turn. Don't let this overwhelm you, but good time to try dual cultivation.