Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Valium - Great for muscle spasm, horrible for chi flow

I took a mere 5 mgs of my girlfriends's valium for a nasty spasm in my traps last Thursday, and repeated the dose on Fri and Sat. It now feels like my meridians contracted from "garden hose" to "capillary." I'll get it back - I'm still having some good success opening up the legs, but this was baaaad. Any other testimonials regarding narcotic pain relievers? Got any extra vicodin lying around the house? :lol:

I took a mere 5 mgs of my girlfriends's valium for a nasty spasm in my traps last Thursday, and repeated the dose on Fri and Sat. It now feels like my meridians contracted from "garden hose" to "capillary." I'll get it back - I'm still having some good success opening up the legs, but this was baaaad. Any other testimonials regarding narcotic pain relievers? Got any extra vicodin lying around the house? :lol:

I find that all drugs have a negative impact on things like meditation and qigong.

Some of the more psychoactive drugs make you think that they are helping but it's an illusion, IMO.

Drugs are toxins and I try to keep free from them as much as possible these days, whether prescribed or recreational.

As I've become more skillful in my meditation practice, I find that I'm much more sensitive to the effects of medications as well as alcohol. I used to enjoy alcohol quite a bit, now it's relatively infrequent that I feel like drinking more than a taste. It just affects me too much.

Edited by steve f

It could be that the opposite of what you suspect happened. Because your channels were more closed and blocked, it previously felt like a lot of current was rushing through...but because you relaxed, they opened more and you experienced less resistance.

With neigong you may find that you become really advanced, and then soon enough drop back down to a normal level where you don't feel much of anything. It's not that you've lost your energy, it's just that your body has adapted to it and rebalanced itself.

Less resistance = greater flow and more refined qi. Just my view.

If it's just a persistent muscle twitch, I find that magnesium really helps. I have heard that most people are deficient in magnesium. If you are talking a major muscle cramp from an injury, then please disregard...

If it's just a persistent muscle twitch, I find that magnesium really helps. I have heard that most people are deficient in magnesium. If you are talking a major muscle cramp from an injury, then please disregard...

Naw, it was a nasty spasm; a lot of us store stress in our traps. But you're right about the Mag.

Scotty, I defer to Occam's razor, the least complicated explanation. Narcotic pain relievers and muscle relaxers reduce nerve conduction and pain reception. Wouldn't that be a more likely explanation? Quick, where's a pharmacist when you need one?

Robert Bruce is right about chi sensation though. The more the meridians open up, the less that exquisite "golf ball through a garden hose" feeling - "Trying to get that feeling again...." Oh, Barry Manilow, take it away...!"

Sign in to follow this