Sign in to follow this  
Non

problem with qigong

I have a problem with many taiji and qigong forms. They dont seem too uniform.. I guess. Many teachers don't tell you how or what to do with the 'chi', where you're supposed to feel it, when etc.

ie where to guide the chi as you do each movement, or where the chi is supposed to go, what it's supposed to do, etc.

Lately though I've been playing with doing qigong without the breathing being exact, ie just the movements... and instead of focusing on playing with chi balls in specific places (that usually escape from my hands or move around a lot,etc.) I would just focus on my dantian being a vortex where chi would collect as a result of my movements sort of acting as a tornado sucking up chi into the center.

I think just as breathing is important, where and how to move the qi is another very important part. We may also need to know all the theory behind the practice, ie the chinese medical theory, merdians, alchemical processes etc. as well as how to feel the chi, which type of chi, etc.

I guess.. that's just from following videos. I know I need to read up more on theory. Even then, some qigong practices aren't too specific on how to guide the chi, and moreso just doing the movements.

Don't try so hard. Relax and enjoy the exercise. If it is a good practice and you follow form correctly you should not need to guide the chi with your mind. The physical postures and movements will do the work for you. You do not need to overthink it. Relax and enjoy...

Edited by fiveelementtao

Just go with the flow and chi will guide itself to where it needed most, no need to manipulate it.

Sign in to follow this