effilang

Interesting Experience During Meditation

Hey beautiful people,

I had a rather interesting experience yesterday during sitting meditation.

I did my yoga, then SFQ and sat down to meditate.

It was just like any other day, unfortunately, however something about my thought process and consciousness was entirely different.

Normally when i have thoughts, i realize that "i" am having thoughts; then i proceed to either regain my concentration and quiet or dismiss the thoughts. It was always a singular process carried out by one entity, the same being that realized there were thoughts, was the same being meditating, was the same being shutting the thoughts out.

But today... The person meditating and the thoughts themselves were on two different planes of consciousness.

It was like my mind said..."ok we over here are meditating, you guys over there think all you want".

It's difficult to explain, it was like my mind was a big empty room separated by a glass wall. I could see the meditating mind and the thinking mind, but neither could interfere with each other, yet they were both working at the same time without conflict.

My thoughts were going on developing as they would, spiraling out of control, but they were not affecting me.

It was remarkable. I could switch between both the meditating part of my mind and the thinking part, without either stopping at any point and at the same time selectively choose which to participate in.

It felt like the consciousness of my physical mind and the consciousness of my soul had separated for the first time in my life. I wasn't just a "me" or an "i" on one plane of understanding and existence, i had split in two - and my physical brain could acknowledge the existence of another consciousness - that which actually controlled the brain. It was like my brain for the first time in its life, realized that it's not the daddy of it all. It's so difficult to explain lol...

Anyway i just wanted to share ^_^

Edited by effilang

Hey beautiful people,

I had a rather interesting experience yesterday during sitting meditation.

I did my yoga, then SFQ and sat down to meditate.

It was just like any other day, unfortunately, however something about my thought process and consciousness was entirely different.

Normally when i have thoughts, i realize that "i" am having thoughts; then i proceed to either regain my concentration and quiet or dismiss the thoughts. It was always a singular process carried out by one entity, the same being that realized there were thoughts, was the same being meditating, was the same being shutting the thoughts out.

But today... The person meditating and the thoughts themselves were on two different planes of consciousness.

It was like my mind said..."ok we over here are meditation, you guys over there think all you want".

It's difficult to explain, it was like my mind was a big empty room separated my a glass wall. I could see the meditating mind and the thinking mind, but neither could interfere with each other, yet they were both working at the same time without conflict.

My thoughts were going on developing as they would, spiraling out of control, but they were not affecting me.

It was remarkable. I could switch between both the meditating part of my mind and the thinking part, without either stopping at any point and at the same time selectively choose which to participate in.

It felt like the consciousness of my physical mind and the consciousness of my soul had separated for the first time in my life. I wasn't just a "me" or an "i" on one plane of understanding and existence, i had split in two - and my physical brain could acknowledge the existence of another consciousness - that which actually controlled the brain. It was like my brain for the first time in its life, realized that it's not the daddy of it all. It's so difficult to explain lol...

Anyway i just wanted to share ^_^

The Mundaka Upanishad 3.1.1

Two birds living together, each the friend of the other, perch upon the same tree. Of these two, one eats the sweet fruit of the tree, but the other simply looks on without eating.

This is relevant to your experience, recorded in one of the oldest Upanishads.

I felt like my mind had split into three.

There was the meditative mind and the thinking mind, but i was on the outside as a third consciousness monitoring them. It felt so great to be liberated of an existence of such constant emotional attachment, the thinking, the not thinking, the this, the that...

I had floated away from what i believed was me and realized there was a real me behind the physical. One that had no needs or wants, it had left that all to the thinking mind and the meditative mind it was watching over... such an incredible experience! - I was a silent observer of my own existence from a higher plane.

It was like i really got in touch with my soul and was able to look through the eyes of my soul instead of through that of my body and the physical processes involved with it.

:lol:

Edited by effilang

Do you think it's possible for your physical body and mind to have a dialogue with it's soul, but not as one center, rather two autonomous entities, both with their own opinions and thoughts?

Could this explain why the complex of the mind as we understand it, is always in conflict about choice? - The little devil and the angel? It is possible that the reason for that is simple a silent dialogue between the Mind and the Soul? One we don't realize originates from two different sources until we can separate ourselves from the physical?

Edited by effilang

Great read!

I could relate with those points so well i got a jolt out of reading it!

These are truly experiences that are difficult to put in sentences.

There are so many words we have yet to invent to describe the experiences we have yet to understand.

Thanx for the contribution : ) :lol:

Edited by effilang