hagar

hagar

Hi

This is one of my actual new years resolutions:

Letting go of addictive net forum participation.

(Another one is quitting tobacco and coffee, but that's harder)

So bye bye, and thank your for years of very interesting and not-so-interesting discussions from all you cyber taoists.

I'm returning into the northern darkness....

Ha det bra.

Hi

So bye bye, and thank your for years of very interesting and not-so-interesting discussions from all you cyber taoists.

Ha det bra.

10096[/snapback]

Wow! You will be sorely missed Hagar.

I for one, greatly appreciated your insight and wisdom.

All the best my friend

Farooq

Hi

Ha det bra.

10096[/snapback]

So, shall we expect you about march/april, then? :D

No, seriously, good luck with it. Might try and do the same. Shall we have a competition - whoever stays away longest wins a coffee?

Hi

Ha det bra.

10096[/snapback]

Lycka till!

Hi

Ha det bra.

10096[/snapback]

how sad! I hope maybe your emphasis is about

addictive participation, so you maybe will share something every now and then in a non-addictive manner? ;)

Makes me think about my own internet habits, that can enter the addiction zone often! :unsure:

And...

you may consider that your musings on these forums is not only egomanical waste of time, but surely inspires a lot of people!! (...I guess - at least it always inspired me)

all the best to you!

affenbrot

Hagar, I'll miss your presence man, I've learned a lot from you. Please pop in at least once a year and say hi to us bums.

am I doing this right?

Is doing it right the best thing to do?

Well, you posted the 11th reply to a post about me signing off in 2005.

I came back after that, as you might see :blink:

So much for resolutions...

h

Edited by hagar

Is doing it right the best thing to do?

Well, you posted the 11th reply to a post about me signing off in 2005.

I came back after that, as you might see :blink:

So much for resolutions...

h

I agree with Rainbow Vein - it's nice to have you around hagar!

• Like 3

Oh, this resolution. Many a New Year has passed since the first time I made this same resolution. Many a forum I quit. I don't know what happened to this one, why the resolutions didn't stick. Maybe I need to use the Chinese New Year instead.

But maybe not. I think learning to give as much time to forums as you consciously decide to, and no more, is a better exercise.

A forum is a mini-universe. It pulls you in, chews you up, spits you out, you reincarnate again... and if you haven't learned anything from the previous time around, no use to scroll down -- the page never changes. But you don't (well, I should say I don't) solve the problem of repetitive incarnations by turning your back on the universe and watching your bellybutton collect the dust of ages. You want to learn to master the universe, not to pretend it's not there. So I think a forum is one of those entities Don Juan called "petty tyrants" whose role in one's life is to practice, and practice again, to impeccability, the inevitable impending dealings with the Great Tyrant -- reality itself.

So, Hagar, does it sound about right? To me it looks like you've mastered this particular petty tyrant, but I don't know how many there are in your life... If only one, it's a cool way to cultivate self-discipline, both for those whose problem is "gee, I talk too much" and those whose problem is the opposite -- "gee, why is it that I never have anything to say? (or 'why is it that I never have anything nice to say?') Is it because I can only feel safe when the universe does not notice the vulnerable me?" and so on.

But you don't (well, I should say I don't) solve the problem of repetitive incarnations by turning your back on the universe and watching your bellybutton collect the dust of ages. You want to learn to master the universe, not to pretend it's not there.

:)

Oh, this resolution. Many a New Year has passed since the first time I made this same resolution. Many a forum I quit. I don't know what happened to this one, why the resolutions didn't stick. Maybe I need to use the Chinese New Year instead.

But maybe not. I think learning to give as much time to forums as you consciously decide to, and no more, is a better exercise.

A forum is a mini-universe. It pulls you in, chews you up, spits you out, you reincarnate again... and if you haven't learned anything from the previous time around, no use to scroll down -- the page never changes. But you don't (well, I should say I don't) solve the problem of repetitive incarnations by turning your back on the universe and watching your bellybutton collect the dust of ages. You want to learn to master the universe, not to pretend it's not there. So I think a forum is one of those entities Don Juan called "petty tyrants" whose role in one's life is to practice, and practice again, to impeccability, the inevitable impending dealings with the Great Tyrant -- reality itself.

So, Hagar, does it sound about right? To me it looks like you've mastered this particular petty tyrant, but I don't know how many there are in your life... If only one, it's a cool way to cultivate self-discipline, both for those whose problem is "gee, I talk too much" and those whose problem is the opposite -- "gee, why is it that I never have anything to say? (or 'why is it that I never have anything nice to say?') Is it because I can only feel safe when the universe does not notice the vulnerable me?" and so on.

Thank you! It, sound's about right. I've never really thought of it that way...

To the Don Juan perspective, I've come to realize that this forum may not be a tyrant at all, but a suppressed aspect of one's sense of belonging, or "sangha", maybe. But the biggest tyrant is always yourself, isn't it? So when the universe doesn't notice the little "me", I've come to realize how much the term "I" is used in my own posts. Makes for good self-reflection.

It seems you've mastered the art of handling our persona on this forum well yourself, as it also is a great test-ground for writing and communicating. I've thoroughly enjoyed your writings and look to them for inspiration!

h

I agree with Rainbow Vein - it's nice to have you around hagar!

And it's great to have the old-timer's here, like you Steve.

I feel we have a certain responsibility to the rest in that if it's any point in being here, we should show that we atleast are evolving, and may contribute with some degree of perspective and overview. But it's tricky, since turning 40 I feel less confident about the path than 10 years ago.

The interesting thing is how profoundly paradoxical life and practice seem to become.

h