Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Pain around Rib cage/Liver

I never usually get back pain.. But anyway I've been getting on my back! who would've guessed? lol

It basically curves counter clockwise and isen't to deep of a pain.. Anyway a post on Left leg being over right in Full lotus brought attention to me that its done that way to purify the liver/spleen.. I haden't known that before.. But its always been the easiest to do it that way.

The pain is sometimes during full lotus.. It can be pretty annoying.. I figure there linked lol.

Any thoughts?

I never usually get back pain.. But anyway I've been getting on my back! who would've guessed? lol

It basically curves counter clockwise and isen't to deep of a pain.. Anyway a post on Left leg being over right in Full lotus brought attention to me that its done that way to purify the liver/spleen.. I haden't known that before.. But its always been the easiest to do it that way.

The pain is sometimes during full lotus.. It can be pretty annoying.. I figure there linked lol.

Any thoughts?

i cannot say if this is linked to full lotus per say, but i have been experiencing this on and off for the last few weeks. i have been taking some gentle liver tonic herbs, so i think my liver and gall bladder have been cleansing more than usual. added to that is the fact that i have stepped up my game with yoga and meditation practices, and i think some long standing blockages are opening up. i hope this is a good thing for you too. i would love to hear what others have to say!

Guest winpro07

gall bladder is up under the right front side, but the pain gets deferred.

it's a dule soreness/pain that seems wide spread. The gall bladder channel

is very long. Vigorous massage helps detox

Edited by winpro07

Ah alright thanks alot guys/girls - I've been thinking of looking into herbs.. Also I'll start to self massage (no pun intended).

further feedback still appreciated =D lol.

Ah alright thanks alot guys/girls - I've been thinking of looking into herbs.. Also I'll start to self massage (no pun intended).

if you are going to look into herbs, if you have good reason to believe it is the liver, i would recommend trying dandelion first. either the root or tincture of the whole plant. it is a gentle liver tonic, slightly cooling in nature. no real risk of side effects, although it is a mild diuretic so keep that in mind.

Guest winpro07

I say the same about dandelion. I go hunting for wild dandelion every year and eat the roots right out of the ground. It is very healing

Edited by winpro07

I say the same about dandelion. I go hunting for wild dandelion every year and eat the roots right out of the ground. It is very healing

yeah dandelion roots are great, as a the fresh greens. they contain more vitamins and minerals than pretty much any vegetable you can buy in a store!

i made tincture from a fresh whole plant this fall, very potent medicine!!

Guest winpro07

The dandelion roots have an immediate and very pronounced positive effect

Blood cells live longer when they take on certain alkaloids from roots and leaves

but roots have more alkaloids in them than leaves.

If i remember correctly, alkaloids act like batteries in a blood cell and increase their electrical resistance to pathogens enabling them to get rid of them faster

Edited by winpro07

The roots you say? More then most vegetables? or all? really interesting =D

no the dandelion greens do http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetab...products/2441/2

roots contain a lot of great phyto-nutrients too, but they are more so medicine than food.

dandelion is an oft overlooked plant, but very powerful. the roots have slightly different qualities depending on when they were harvested (spring or fall will have higher amounts of completely different alkaloids) and how they are taken internally (in a decoction, whole or in a tincture). worth looking into.

no the dandelion greens do http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetab...products/2441/2

roots contain a lot of great phyto-nutrients too, but they are more so medicine than food.

dandelion is an oft overlooked plant, but very powerful. the roots have slightly different qualities depending on when they were harvested (spring or fall will have higher amounts of completely different alkaloids) and how they are taken internally (in a decoction, whole or in a tincture). worth looking into.

Earlier today I went out on the lawn and harvested some dandelion leaf -- ooh mama, you gotta like it bitter to like dandelion. How much do I have to eat to get the cleansing effect? Good god, maybe I have to go over to the neighbors unkempt yard? I can see it in the local paper now: "Dog Takes Piece of Neighbors Ass, As He Steals Dandelions For Health"

Earlier today I went out on the lawn and harvested some dandelion leaf -- ooh mama, you gotta like it bitter to like dandelion. How much do I have to eat to get the cleansing effect? Good god, maybe I have to go over to the neighbors unkempt yard? I can see it in the local paper now: "Dog Takes Piece of Neighbors Ass, As He Steals Dandelions For Health"

dandelion greens get more bitter this time of year. in the spring they are usually milder tasting. the older the plant, the more bitter it will be. i like to chop them up and eat them in a salad with other greens. or add them to soup.

if you are interested in taking dandelion for its medicinal properties, i would recommend buying some tincture, or buying some dried root from a natural health store and making a decoction by boiling the roots in water for about an hour. you can also do this with the fresh root if you like. but the dried root is more potent for use in decoctions.

Edited by immortal_sister

I like a product called milk thistle X by Integrative Therapeutics corp.

i looked up the company, i had never heard of them. i just had to point out that herbal manufacturers such as this one sell mainly standardized extracts of herbs. which means only certain compounds are extracted from the plant in a laboratory. this pharmaceutical approach to herbalism is potentially dangerous, as isolated compounds can be far more damaging and have side effects, whereas when you are using a whole plant, you get all the phytonutrients that the plant contains, many of which work together to heal. i always, always recommend that people use the actual herb, in whatever form they choose to take it, over taking standardized extracts.

dandelion greens get more bitter this time of year. in the spring they are usually milder tastine. the older the plant, the more bitter it will be. i like to chop them up and eat them in a salad with other greens. or add them to soup.

if you are interested in taking dandelion for its medicinal properties, i would recommend buying some tincture, or buying some dried root from a natural health store and making a decoction by boiling the roots in water for about an hour.

Why would I buy something that is prolific, underfoot, and free? I don't drink bottled water and the air I breathe is simply ambient. Why the consumer culture reply? Isn't that more of the problem?

I drink a fair amount of beer and just want to make sure my organs are as happy as I am. Maybe some dandelion beer is in order? Maybe some dandelion greens as a bittering agent along with the hops. Are dandelion parts estrogenous as are hops?

i looked up the company, i had never heard of them. i just had to point out that herbal manufacturers such as this one sell mainly standardized extracts of herbs. which means only certain compounds are extracted from the plant in a laboratory. this pharmaceutical approach to herbalism is potentially dangerous, as isolated compounds can be far more damaging and have side effects, whereas when you are using a whole plant, you get all the phytonutrients that the plant contains, many of which work together to heal. i always, always recommend that people use the actual herb, in whatever form they choose to take it, over taking standardized extracts.

Actually this company has one of the best track records in the industry. I have been using their products in clinic since early 90's with really good success. Disagree with you, pharmacological approach is the only way to insure you get a dosage that actually does anything. Active ingredients vary widely in raw herbs; combining raw herb and standardized extracts makes a lot of sense.

edit: Actually that is since the early 80's - Dang, flies have time.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

Why would I buy something that is prolific, underfoot, and free? I don't drink bottled water and the air I breathe is simply ambient. Why the consumer culture reply? Isn't that more of the problem?

I drink a fair amount of beer and just want to make sure my organs are as happy as I am. Maybe some dandelion beer is in order? Maybe some dandelion greens as a bittering agent along with the hops. Are dandelion parts estrogenous as are hops?

consumer culture reply? haha come on now <_< most people don't give a crap about their health enough to try to heal themselves, let alone to make their own medicine. i don't know you, so i was simply advising you of the easiest method to go about using dandelion as a medicine. if you want to pick a whole fresh plant and make your own tincture, that's great! you want to eat hand-picked dandelion greens every day, awesome! but there is nothing wrong with going to buy a bottle of herbal medicine. that's still 100x times better than going to see a doctor and getting some prescription med.

dandelion has no direct hormonal effect, it does not contain phytoestrogens.

Actually this company has one of the best track records in the industry. I have been using their products in clinic since early 90's with really good success. Disagree with you, pharmacological approach is the only way to insure you get a dosage that actually does anything. Active ingredients vary widely in raw herbs; combining raw herb and standardized extracts makes a lot of sense.

edit: Actually that is since the early 80's - Dang, flies have time.

we will have to agree to disagree. i am glad that you have had good results with those types of herbal products, but i felt i had to state my view on this matter, it is simply not my belief or experience with herbs that standardized extracts are superior.

herbalism has existed for thousands of years and healed people without needing to be standardized in order to be effective.

Self massage is good. Just be gentle. Have had good results with Unwinding the Belly, a self massage method that starts at the belly button and works out to include the elemental organs.

we will have to agree to disagree. i am glad that you have had good results with those types of herbal products, but i felt i had to state my view on this matter, it is simply not my belief or experience with herbs that standardized extracts are superior.

herbalism has existed for thousands of years and healed people without needing to be standardized in order to be effective.

I have been an herbalist for a long time. I see your point and actually used to 100% agree with you. It is just that in the last 20 years there have been amazing leaps in the standardized extracts and the studies to back them up as well as the clinical efficacy we see. I go by efficacy. SO difficult to get correct consistent dosage with just the raw herb.

To the OP. I do not agree with your self-diagnosis. Go to a doctor who can give you an objective analysis. You choose what type of doctor to go to.

In you find yourself in my neighborhood I offer guaranteed pain relief or no fee. I am a therapist, not a doctor.

• Like 1

I have been an herbalist for a long time. I see your point and actually used to 100% agree with you. It is just that in the last 20 years there have been amazing leaps in the standardized extracts and the studies to back them up as well as the clinical efficacy we see. I go by efficacy. SO difficult to get correct consistent dosage with just the raw herb.

To the OP. I do not agree with your self-diagnosis. Go to a doctor who can give you an objective analysis. You choose what type of doctor to go to.

In you find yourself in my neighborhood I offer guaranteed pain relief or no fee. I am a therapist, not a doctor.

So, Ya Mu, you would also recommend buying an extract as opposed to using that which is readily available and free?

I am absolutely not doubting your expertise, and forgive me Immortal Sis, I meant no disrespect, I know nothing. I just have a hard time believing that something packed into a bottle is better than that which I picked myself ... from ground to mouth ...

So, Ya Mu, you would also recommend buying an extract as opposed to using that which is readily available and free?

I am absolutely not doubting your expertise, and forgive me Immortal Sis, I meant no disrespect, I know nothing. I just have a hard time believing that something packed into a bottle is better than that which I picked myself ... from ground to mouth ...

The problem in using something that is not standardized is how do you know how much to take and how to process it. While the "how to process it" can be learned, the dosage will always be guessed at since there is no way to know how much active ingredients are in any articular "batch". Some of the standardized extracts have the equivalent of many pounds of any particular herb; it would be very difficult to actually ingest that much of such herb. I am not arguing against usage of pure herbs but arguing for the efficacy of standardized extracts. There has been much progress in the last 20 years in determining the active phytoneutrients and dosage needed for consistent efficacy. I agree that there is a part that this method sometimes ignores, and that is the inherent qi vibration of any particular plant, which is why I like, if possible, to obtain standardized extracts mixed with pure herbs.

An example is when I hear "Echinacea doesn't work." Well the question comes to mind, How much did you take? The answer may be, "I bought some tea and drank a cup." Some of the questions in my mind in this example are "What brand; is that company using methodology consistent with high quality practices of growing/harvesting/storage? Gee, what is the actual consistency of the cup of tea? How much active ingredients are there in this cup of tea? Do I need to drink 10 cups? Without trial and error or some type of standardization there is no way of knowing. Well, if I take Gaia Herbs Extra Strength whole plant standardization process brand of echinacea, I can be assured of X amount of drops every X hrs WILL give me complete benefit. If I go pick some echinacea out on the side of the road and make a tea I cannot be assured that X cups every X hrs WILL give me complete benefit. The bottle from Gaia Herbs is equivalent in active ingredients to way more tea than I could possibly make and drink. It is a matter of efficacy. Note that I do not say that a person would receive No benefit from a tea. Also, some ingredients in a particular plant can have negative benefits; lab testing and standardization of known active constituents can help eliminate this problem.

• Like 1

I've gone back and forth on the whole plant vs standardized argument for years. I think I've had better results with whole plant extracts.

I almost always use whole plant extracts, but I see the value of standardization as well.

yea same.. Usually when im really sick flu/ect I'll just try to get through it with no medicine unless I REALLY need it. So my immune system is stronger and such.

Any thoughts?

check out deeply if you are relaxed in lower abdomen area,are you clenching muscels somwhere whilst in lotus.and how is your alighment.introspect deeply.

if you feel ipain whilst in lotus dont push yourself too much,be gentle and slow.

i meditated in louts on and off some years.and its super beneficial and most helpful.

but last year one day i wasnt paying too much attention and was sitting in full lotus,but little off centre becouse of some pain( also near ribcage) ,feeling very nice and blissful,when energy came down so strong,and my body sort of collapsed.there was a intense jolt as some bones disslocatedand some inner organes damage.

after more then year passed, lots of sufferning and healing and inner work im almost back in shape.

this is not to scare you or anyone else and put you off the practise of full lotus,just to be aware.

i feel its important to acknowledge pains they are signposts.

Sign in to follow this