Sign in to follow this  
Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

Happy Birthday Bruce Lee!

Were Bruce Lee alive today he would be 182 years old. Bruce Lee, also known as the 'King Of Cooking' thrilled millions and with his deft spatula displays, and sent many of us on the course towards Chinese philosophy, martial arts and of course, cooking.

It is true to say he rather let himself go a bit when he did the T.V show 'Sammo Law' compared to Enter The Dragon, but it must be said he went hell for leather during the eighties peforming many death defying stunts in such films as Police story 1, 2, 3 and 11.

His influence has been worldwide, and it should be said he was one of the first to put the odd Taoist concept in movies in the west. George Foreman himself wouldn't have been able to invent the 'greesy grill' were it not for Bruce Lees groundbreaking cooking skills.

Let us not also forget his acting skills in the T.V show 'Kung Fu', where due to state of the art Hollywood prosthetics he was made to look just like David Carridine, although this did effect his Kung Fu skills rather badly due to restricted movement.......as can be seen.

Were he alive today I'm sure he would have completed the Star Wars epic 'Game Of Darth', I also feel it was something of a liberty for him to be C.G.I'd into Terminator 4, But there you go.

Let us not forget the wisdom in his famous phrases in the film 'Enter The Dragon' : 'Stop looking at my finger or you'll miss all the heathenly story', and the renowned 'Broads don't hit back!'......quite what it all meant I'm not sure, but it always sounded very wise to my young ears at the time.

Let us, in times of confusion or trouble, ask ourselves first : 'What would Bruce Lee do?'. If the answer comes back 'Kick 'em in the head', then try again.

Bruce Lee has just left the building

He will be/is missed.

post-46635-1259335007_thumb.jpg

Were Bruce Lee alive today he would be 182 years old. Bruce Lee, also known as the 'King Of Cooking' thrilled millions and with his deft spatula displays, and sent many of us on the course towards Chinese philosophy, martial arts and of course, cooking.

It is true to say he rather let himself go a bit when he did the T.V show 'Sammo Law' compared to Enter The Dragon, but it must be said he went hell for leather during the eighties peforming many death defying stunts in such films as Police story 1, 2, 3 and 11.

His influence has been worldwide, and it should be said he was one of the first to put the odd Taoist concept in movies in the west. George Foreman himself wouldn't have been able to invent the 'greesy grill' were it not for Bruce Lees groundbreaking cooking skills.

Let us not also forget his acting skills in the T.V show 'Kung Fu', where due to state of the art Hollywood prosthetics he was made to look just like David Carridine, although this did effect his Kung Fu skills rather badly due to restricted movement.......as can be seen.

Were he alive today I'm sure he would have completed the Star Wars epic 'Game Of Darth', I also feel it was something of a liberty for him to be C.G.I'd into Terminator 4, But there you go.

Let us not forget the wisdom in his famous phrases in the film 'Enter The Dragon' : 'Stop looking at my finger or you'll miss all the heathenly story', and the renowned 'Broads don't hit back!'......quite what it all meant I'm not sure, but it always sounded very wise to my young ears at the time.

Let us, in times of confusion or trouble, ask ourselves first : 'What would Bruce Lee do?'. If the answer comes back 'Kick 'em in the head', then try again.

Bruce Lee has just left the building

He will be/is missed.

post-46635-1259335007_thumb.jpg

Just so you know, I've been channeling Bruce's spirit since 2001. Let me know if you want to leave him a message.

PS - There's a nail in your rear driver's side tire.

Just so you know, I've been channeling Bruce's spirit since 2001. Let me know if you want to leave him a message.

PS - There's a nail in your rear driver's side tire.

You too!!!? He definitely gets around does Brucie. Sometimes in the dead of the night when I'm trying to sleep he whispers in my ear "someones trying to steal your car!", it's only when I've jumped out of bed, butt naked, that I realize I don't even own a car! He gets me everytime....I was halfway out the door with a ratchet set after reading your post before it dawned on me too! That Brucie, he's such a card.

Ask him where I left my keys. I would ask him myself only he's not talking to me since I started listening to 'classical' music. He says it's far too rigid and I would be better served with some Avril Lavigne.

write a book!

Well, I would NeiChuan, but the Bruce Lee book market is flooded, especially after he started his 'One Foundation' charity.

If I do ever write it though, I'm gonna donate all the proceeds to his former wife, Belinda Carlisle, her career really took a nose dive after his death. She should never have left her group 'The Miami Sound Machine', still, it's easy to say that in retrospect I suppose.

Sign in to follow this