Sign in to follow this  
Yuen Biao

George Harrison

I have some of his music. I haven't listened to any of it for a while. Yes, I thing he remain a Hindu (Hindi?) to the end. And I agree, there is a lot of beauty in his music.

I will confess though, being a non-religious man, much of what he proclaimed did not apply to me (but that does not distract for its beauty).

Peace & Love!

I will confess though, being a non-religious man, much of what he proclaimed did not apply to me (but that does not distract for its beauty).

Harrison followed the Hare Krishna tradition and in particular japa-yoga. I do not think Harrison's music was religious at all but only provided an understanding in following a spiritual path and knowing who we are.

Harrison followed the Hare Krishna tradition and in particular japa-yoga. I do not think Harrison's music was religious at all but only provided an understanding in following a spiritual path and knowing who we are.

I would agree with that. Not especially religious but very spiritual.

Peace & Love!

I once met Peter Blake who designed the Beatle's Sgt Pepper album cover.

I asked him who's idea it was to put the kriya yoga lineage gurus on it.

Babaji, Lahiri Mahasaya, Yukteswar (upper left most) and Yogananda (close to upper right)

can all be found on the cover. He said the gurus were all at George Harrison's request.

Babaji and Lahiri Mahasaya are half obscured.

sgt-pepper.jpg

Edited by SeriesOfTubes

Never really looked into George's music beyond My Sweet Lords.

I was a Beatles fan up until they split and beyond.

I got into John's solo work quite a bit but none of the others.

I'll check out some of George's stuff.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this