Sign in to follow this  
kipster

bone marrow chi

Thanks for this forum. I admire a lot of what goes on here and a lot of Taoism itself, though I have not practiced taoist meditations or qigong or tai chi for some time. In my 20's and 30's I practiced a mantra meditation that resulted in way too much kundalini. Fueling the fire was a misguided attempt to be celibate for a number of years in order to be more spiritual. It wasn't a healthy time. It was a hard way to learn some basic lessons, but I learned. Anyway, the main thrust of my inquiry is this: I was diagnosed as having a significant bone marrow chi loss due to this unbridled kundalini. (I'm not familiar with TCM terminology so I don't know if jing is synonomous with bone marrow chi. Is it?) The person diagnosing said that the energy I was working with in my cultivation practices wasn't sufficient to restore the depletion. He mentioned that taking dried placenta over time could gradually help replenish the bone marrow chi. After researching placenta, I elected not to go that route. So here's the question (at last). Does anybody know of a vegetarian herbal remedy that could help restore bone marrow chi? I have read some of the postings on this site regarding herbs and appreciate the thought you put into them.

Thanks

In my 20's and 30's I practiced a mantra meditation that resulted in way too much kundalini. ... I was diagnosed as having a significant bone marrow chi loss due to this unbridled kundalini.
Profound situation.

(I'm not familiar with TCM terminology so I don't know if jing is synonomous with bone marrow chi. Is it?)
They're interelated, though not synonomous. "The kidneys", the water element, bone marrow, sexual energy, vitality, jing, constitutional reserves .. all those are talking about aspects of the same thing. The first two terms are most often used to talk about the whole subject, but jing could be used also.

Kundalini (and related or very similar phenomena) are expansive. You probably went too far along the expansive route and damaged the denser aspects of your constitution, your "kidney yin" (which includes bone marrow).

Does anybody know of a vegetarian herbal remedy that could help restore bone marrow chi?
There are various standard herbal formulas that supplement kidney yin. "Lui wei di huang wan" is a common classic such formula, and is good.

Good quality he shou wu (a single herb) can also be very helpful. Its not technically a kidney yin tonic; its a blood tonic, but the blood and kidneys support eachother and he shou wu is particularly nourishing.

You would probably experiment with, and benefit by, a wide variety of nourishing herbal formulas over a long time. And you should consider reading up on foods.

Your practices, if you practice, should emphasize integrating the more dense and earthy energies into your system.

Fueling the fire was a misguided attempt to be celibate for a number of years in order to be more spiritual. It wasn't a healthy time.
The sexual practices are generally poorly presented, both in theory and method. Injured students come through here, and the HT site, all the time. That doesn't mean there's nothing to the cultivation of sexual energy, just widely poorly presented.

There's lots of info on all of these topics at my site, linked below. No charge.

et.jpg

Standing meditation, find a good teacher and get mantak chias book Iron Shirt Chi Kung I and II. Also you will have to get all mantak chias other books and audio and video if you cant find a teacher...enjoy! :lol:

Sign in to follow this