Sign in to follow this  
RyanO

I Love You Guys

I don't really know any of you personally, and I'm relatively new here and haven't posted much. But I felt the impetus to express a deep amount of respect and love for the people on this forum.

I think the connection I feel, besides simply being human or having something in common, is that most people on here seem to have heeded the call of passion, awaken to the inner spark. That is spirituality to me.

Anyways, I know an internet forum is an odd place to express love and that I don't really know any of you, but unconditional love doesn't require that triviality.

And no I'm not on drugs, unless of course you consider the Inner Smile a drug :)

PS: I wasn't going to send this since there's not really something to discuss and didn't want to seem like I wanted any special attention or something, but I'm gonna send it anyways because I think it's an important message. Maybe for discussion we could talk about the nature of unconditional love and how to cultivate it. Seems like that word gets thrown around a lot without appreciation of the true nature of unconditionality.

I don't really know any of you personally, and I'm relatively new here and haven't posted much. But I felt the impetus to express a deep amount of respect and love for the people on this forum.

I think the connection I feel, besides simply being human or having something in common, is that most people on here seem to have heeded the call of passion, awaken to the inner spark. That is spirituality to me.

Anyways, I know an internet forum is an odd place to express love and that I don't really know any of you, but unconditional love doesn't require that triviality.

And no I'm not on drugs, unless of course you consider the Inner Smile a drug :)

PS: I wasn't going to send this since there's not really something to discuss and didn't want to seem like I wanted any special attention or something, but I'm gonna send it anyways because I think it's an important message. Maybe for discussion we could talk about the nature of unconditional love and how to cultivate it. Seems like that word gets thrown around a lot without appreciation of the true nature of unconditionality.

Hey Ryan, thanks for the love bro! Its rare to hear expressions of unconditional love on forums, so you have set some kinda positive precedence, i think.. and its simply wonderful! I feel the vibe.. :D

On a personal note, reading this has reminded me its been a while since i did the rounds visiting some of the retirement homes just to sit and chat with some of the folks who dont get many visits from their family members, or so-called 'loved ones'! So i'm grateful for this little nudge.

For me, there are 3 qualities needed to nurture Unconditional Love. These are Acceptance, Gratitude, and Involvement - together they provide a most solid foundation for some of the other aspects of love to grow upon, IMHO.

This is a beautiful topic, one which is quite timely i'd say.

Big hug! :)

Hi Ryan (et al),

Yeah, we don't throw love around as much as we should. There are a number of our members who know about unconditional love so I don't think it is something that is lacking, we just don't talk about it as much as we perhaps should.

Thank you for starting the thread (and CowTao's response) and thank you for sharing your feelings with us.

And yes, here in the US it is a special day, Thanksgiving, a day that we should consider those theings in our life we should be thankful for and this, of course, includes the unconditional love we recieve from others as well as that unconditional love we recieve from our pets as well.

Peace & Love!

Hey Ryan-

I love you too, but I'm not a guy. I'm Megan Fox, and I'm dumber than shit!

Kisses.

Megan Fox huh? Send me a PM...As long as you're not a bitch I don't care how smart you are :)

Thanks for the responses y'all (I'm from the South). CowTao, visiting retirement homes is a really sweet thing to do, I'm glad to have nudged you.

Marblehead, haha I totally forgot it was Thanksgiving, which is weird because I'm having a meal with my family later. Must have been a subconscious thing...I'll have to spread the vibe to the fam! (Strange how simply telling someone you love and are thankful for them can be difficult and awkward...)

Good thoughts RyanO.

I think sometimes we all forget - when we are in dispute mode that is - that we are all more or less on a similar of not the same wavelength.

Unconditional love - no idea how to define it - perhaps that's what makes it unconditional (?!?)

By the way - you guys in the US - spare some love for that Turkey :)

wild_turkeyTOMpgc.jpg

Edited by apepch7

Tom Jones' 'Without Love'..

"I have conquered the world, but without love, i have nothing, nothing at all.."

Thanks for your kind message and agree with what you said. I would like to say that this forum users do not realise -even though there is still a lot of bickering going around certain issues- how much good karma they got due to the fact that they are in touch with the innermost aspect of themselves and work towards noble goals that could entail either a better rebirth in terms of spiritual evolution or breaking through the illusion of Samsara.

But, there is also a bunch or specif individuals that lurk at Tao Bums seeking less laudable goals; nevertheless, like everything in life the good and the bad go hand in hand.

Enjoy your time here.

Sign in to follow this