Encephalon

Reverse MCO and Little Orbit

I've been restricting my energy circulation to the Little Orbit since my Overheating episode back in September. It unmistakably favors a reverse direction, which seems perfectly okay with me as I have been studying the psychological states associated with the chakras, and find it pleasant to work the energy from the lower dan tien and up through the chakras. Like millions of American schmucks, my chakras are as blocked and/or deficient as any.

Like a lot of folks in here, I have mixed feelings about Chia's writing style; I am not familiar enough with his work to register a knowledgeable aversion, other than his fluffy writing style, but his idea of using the visualization of spirals at each chakra/meridian points seems awfully helpful, if not downright pleasant. this technique up the front channel enabled me to feel a very distinct and specific tingling on my crown, whereas before, when doing the MCO in the conventional pathway, the energy would shoot up from the base of the skull, do a bank shot off the inside of my cranium and head straight for the nose, when I would feel the faintest sensation of an incoming sneeze, before descending into my tongue.

Is there anything definitive that can be said about an MCO path that favors a reverse current? I definitely feel the gates opening, throbbing, softening, especially with the spiralling effect. Are we ultimately expected to have a facility with both directions at some point?

Also, are there any precautions regarding spiralling on energy gates for extended durations? I was spiralling my right foot last night while watching Margaret Cho. I must've spent 45 minutes alone on my individual toes.

Thanks in advance.

Let it happen...if you force a regular MCO while it wants to flow in reverse it's damaging.

It makes sense that it'd want to reverse, because of your previous overheating issues.

For info check this.

Let it happen...if you force a regular MCO while it wants to flow in reverse it's damaging.

It makes sense that it'd want to reverse, because of your previous overheating issues.

For info check this.

Did you read this book? Do you own it, and is it consistent with the amazon reviews? What does it say about reverse MCO, and why does this relate to overheating? Sorry, don't mean to extract molars without novacaine.

I don't have the book with me, because I'm at my parent's for Thanksgiving. Otherwise I'd just copy the section for you...it's a small portion of the book...if I remember correctly, it basically says that the reverse orbit counteracts the negative effects of the regular orbit, or your lifestyle (bad foods, etc).

It has some info that I haven't seen anywhere else...but it's also kind of a boring book. The author is a good scholar, but it seems that he's not experienced. It's not essential, but good to go back to from time to time.

• Like 1

Forcing the MCO to run "forward" when it wants to go "backward" is definitely bad. Once you find it runs a certain way on its own, it is better to let it go that way. This includes when the orbit seems to want to run on a "wrong " axis rather than turning through the middle of the front and back. You only need to apply effort to get the process started, but once it is running it is better just to pay attention to it while it does the work.

"reverse" MCO is actually part of an orthodox shang Ch'ing method. It is a "heaven to earth" method and is one of those "secrets" people are talking about on the other thread.

The "normal" MCO is a fire method which is why people who are overheated find themselves wanting to do it backwards. The reverse MCO is a water method...

One of Chia's students has started a theory that running the MCO backwards is the natural way...

"reverse" MCO is actually part of an orthodox shang Ch'ing method. It is a "heaven to earth" method and is one of those "secrets" people are talking about on the other thread.

The "normal" MCO is a fire method which is why people who are overheated find themselves wanting to do it backwards. The reverse MCO is a water method...

One of Chia's students has started a theory that running the MCO backwards is the natural way...

Great stuff. TCM actually shows both and there is nothing wrong with running the orbits either way. Flows both ways anyway. Actually, most men that try running the yin orbit find easier then the yang and the reverse for ladies.

The author is a good scholar, but it seems that he's not experienced. It's not essential, but good to go back to from time to time.

I think this is a very accurate insight. Caveat Emptor.

I found this interesting. Ideas:

- the exercise of will over the MCO

- deciding which direction is regular

- damage

- What does the exercise of will over the MCO entail and what (if any) are its consequences?

- What's the difference between front and back channels in men and women or is it just that - front and back?

- Damage, caused by MCO or the use of the will, or something else?

I found this interesting. Ideas:

- the exercise of will over the MCO

- deciding which direction is regular

- damage

I find this topic neatly dealt with by the Kunlun position.

(As much as I wince at bringing the topic up. :lol: )

I find this topic neatly dealt with by the Kunlun position.

(As much as I wince at bringing the topic up. :lol: )

So now I'm interested in where you're going with this ;-) Tell!

I have nothing against Kunlun and I`m more of a ground-seeking KAP type (but that would be due to my strict anglosaxon upbringing;-))

It is a "heaven to earth" method and is one of those "secrets" people are talking about on the other thread.

Anyone know/recall what thread he's talking abut?

I'm not sure the thread he's referring to, but suspect it has to do with Max and kunlun. I remember talk of the reverse orbit being one of the "secrets" of Kunlun, and that Kunlun is a water method.

Liminal

• Like 1