Nilo

I finally found it! (My most resonant qigong)

I don't believe in *accumilating energy/holding semen/watered down qigong, I believe in letting go of any gripping and flowing naturally with the Dao. When I saw the gentle movements in the trailer it was as if I was watching my own practice. This is the most true energy oriented way I know of and I have found a resource that totally agrees, can't wait for the DVDs :)

Trailer:

DVDs: http://www.sacredmysteries.com/public/282.cfm

Volume 1

The Essential Health Practices

This DVD is the first in the Alchemy of Qi Gong series. It focuses on

bringing up the health and vitality of the body as the essential basis for further esoteric work. Filled with powerful health-enhancing exercises, this volume is designed to teach the viewer to take control of their own personal well being as it helps restore the vital flow of the Qi energy. Helping enhance the health is the primary goal of the beginning practitioner. If already in relatively good health, these exercises help bring up the vital energy of the body and serve as an important foundation for a balanced Qi Gong practice. The content in this DVD is very necessary for people living in the modern world. It serves as a policy of health assurance vs. insurance. The skills taught in this volume are the foundation of a vibrant preventative approach to vitality and illness.

Volume 2

This DVD builds the foundation for a solid energy yoga practice. It helps develop the deep "horse" stances which are an essential part of Shaolin Qi Gong. Shaolin is the ancient Buddhist temple in China where great masters trained in the arts of energy cultivation and profound meditation. The basis of this work is predicated on the cultivation of the Bodymind as one cohesive unit. The Qi Gong taught in this DVD is designed to help bridge the perceived gap between body, mind, and spirit and the practitioner. It is an active moving form of meditation that teaches us to discover our internal power and gain further focus and insight in our daily lives. This volume is designed to bring up the energy in the body, connect the willpower to that force, and teach us to calm the mind while in specific postures. It becomes the springboard for a healthy alchemical practice which is anchored in the body.

Volume 3

Shaolin Alchemy:

Energetic Integration Practices

The last in this 3-part series, this DVD delves into advanced concepts in Qi Gong. It teaches the famous Tendon and Muscle Changing as well as the Marrow Washing Classics from the Shaolin tradition. These powerful exercises are designed to integrate the energy flow with the tissues of the body and connect the Attention with the Intention in the practitioner. This level serves as the final preparatory step in the enhancement of energy flow for the student before they delve into the deeper Nei Gong (or internal alchemical work). These exercises cultivate personal power, refine the focus, integrate the Bodymind, and calm the mind. The Shaolin Alchemy is the necessary training training needed to reinforce the lessons taught in the first two volumes of this series. With sustained focus and increased energy available to the student, they are capable of stepping into a life of personal mastery and peaceful tranquility.

Pedram Shojai

Pedram Shojai is an acclaimed Qi Gong master, master herbalist, and talented Acupuncturist in Southern California. He comes from an unbroken line of Alchemical masters of the Yellow Dragon Monastery in China and is an ordained minister of that tradition. Having studied a variety of Alchemical systems, Pedram uses his friendly teaching style to impart esoteric concepts to English-speaking audiences. He has studied yoga, meditation, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and meditation for years and has taken sabbatical in the Andes and Himalayas. Pedram uses a no-nonsense approach to teaching the esoteric arts and holds each student personally accountable for their own liberation and enlightenment. His 3 DVD series has been designed to walk the student through the basics of Qi Gong training and philosophy and segues them into highly advanced skills and applications. Pedram conducts seminars and retreats around the world and is the founder of the Taoist Path School of Alchemy. He is also the President of Vitality Health & Wellness, Inc, an innovative integrative wellness group as well as founder of www.well.org which is an online community where wellness practitioners can network together via the internet. Pedram will be conducting several seminars in conjunction with Sacred Mysteries Productions starting in 2010.

Edited by Nilo

Yes, he talks about the right principles of cultivation (though chikung) in that video. It's not accumulation of energy - it's releasing the blockages to enable and refine the flow. :)

Greetings..

As i have posted previously, it's not about 'storing'.. it's about becoming a better vehicle, cultivating more capacity for flow.. that which is stored becomes stagnant. I sense the human body like a pond, where streams flow in and flow out.. the pond stays clear and calm..

Be well..

Hello Nilo ... How's it going? and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I'm also interested to hear how that system goes for you as well. By the way ... any chance you could post your workout regimen? Hella set of guns ya got goin on there bro ...

Peace,

Tommy

hi Tommy,

thanks and I will most definitely keep the board posted on my progress.

Regarding my workout regimine. I train bodyweight exercises (including lots of chinups) and yoga. I don't isolate movements to build up certain bodyparts like the arms, I try to allow my whole body to grow evenly.

That picture in my avatar was taken when I used to lift weights, I have been getting the itch to go back to weight training a few days a week, I will post my routine when I do so. this time I will train the whole body per session rather then doing a body split.

hi Tommy,

thanks and I will most definitely keep the board posted on my progress.

Regarding my workout regimine. I train bodyweight exercises (including lots of chinups) and yoga. I don't isolate movements to build up certain bodyparts like the arms, I try to allow my whole body to grow evenly.

That picture in my avatar was taken when I used to lift weights, I have been getting the itch to go back to weight training a few days a week, I will post my routine when I do so. this time I will train the whole body per session rather then doing a body split.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know your body weight training routine. In which ways do you find it inadequate / make you want to get back to weight lifting?

I don't find my bodyweight training routine inadequate at all, it's very challenging and I very much prefer it over weight training.

It's just that weight training helps me dig real deep within and release anger at a root level, this is why I want to incorporate it atleast once or twice per week.

Edited by Nilo

Pedram Shojai is a dynamic Qi gong master with a clear and concise message. He is here to teach the essentials of this profound esoteric system without watering it down "for the masses". Having been a Taoist monk for years, Pedram is an experienced teacher, an accomplished Acupuncturist, and a master herbalist. He uses an innovative style to teach both theory and technique in an easy-to-follow format. Pedram is a pioneer in the wellness industry and his refreshing teaching style has helped people from all walks of life. As an author and dedicated healer, Pedram lives in Southern California where he keeps his private practice.

Taoist or Shaolin?

@Nilo

Are you aware that the principle favored by you, of not storing energy so much as opening oneself to its flow, is a general principle of many techniques?

Kunlun and Reiki for example do it that way, too. It seems like there are more and more approaches to this appearing on the stage. A rich choice so that everybody should be able to find their favorite one. :)